PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Player Awards 2021 - R16 Dogs vs North

GVGjr
04-07-2021, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the WOOF Player Awards for season 2021, Round 16 clash, Western Bulldogs vs North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium

There are two awards that you can vote on once the game is completed.

Voting closes this week at 8.00pm on Tuesday. As always, Shop Early and avoid the rush

The first award is for the Joe Marmo Medal for the best players on the ground.

There are 4 votes allocated and it's a 4 for the best and of course 3, 2 and 1.

and

The second award is for the Ron James Medal for the best 2 pups on the ground.

2 Votes allocated - 2 being for the best pup and 1 for the runner-up
Remember the cut off age for a pup is 22 as at the 1st of January, 2021.

Pups available for selection, I have highlighted the youngsters playing today (5).
Bedendo, Butler, Garcia, Khamis, Lipinski, McNeil, Naughton, Richards, B.Smith, Sweet, Ugle-Hagan, Vandermeer Weightman, West and Young.

Need to know more - [B]The history of the WOOF Player Awards (http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8966)

GVGjr
04-07-2021, 08:41 PM
I'll open the batting

Marmo
4 - Tom Liberatore
3 - Cody Weightman
2 - Bailey Dale
1 - Jackson Macrae

James
2 - Cody Weightman
1 - Lewis Young

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Marmo

4. Bailey Dale
3. Cody Weightman
2. Libba
1. Macrae

James

2. Cody Weightman
1. Lewis Young

Bumper Bulldogs
04-07-2021, 08:53 PM
4. Libba
3. Dale
2. Weightman
1. MaCrae

2. Weightman
1 Young.

Ghost Dog
04-07-2021, 09:51 PM
4. Libba
3. Dale
2. Weightman
1. MaCrae

2. Weightman
1 Young.

AshMac
04-07-2021, 09:54 PM
Libba
Dale
Weightman
Macrae

Weightman
Young

Bullies
04-07-2021, 10:18 PM
Cody
Macrae
Keath
Libber

Cody
Young

Eastdog
04-07-2021, 10:22 PM
4. Cody Weightman
3. Libba
2. Bailey Dale
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Lewis Young

azabob
04-07-2021, 10:44 PM
4. Liberatore
3. Macrae
2. Dale
1. Weightman

Happy Days
04-07-2021, 10:58 PM
4. Dale
3. Weightman
2. Liberatore
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Young - how is he still pup eligible!

comrade
04-07-2021, 11:02 PM
4. Dale
3. Libba
2. Weightman
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Young

josie
04-07-2021, 11:19 PM
Cody
Libba
Macrae
Dale

Cody
Young

KT31
04-07-2021, 11:36 PM
4. Dale
3. Weightman
2. Libba
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Young

bornadog
04-07-2021, 11:48 PM
We forget that Young is still a pup

4. Libba
3. Dale
2. Macrae
1. Weightman

Weightman
Young

jazzadogs
05-07-2021, 01:11 AM
4 Weightman
3 Libba
2 Dale
1 Bont

2 Weightman
1 Young

Ozza
05-07-2021, 10:06 AM
4. Dale
3. Cordy
2. Weightman
1. Liberatore

bornadog
05-07-2021, 10:08 AM
4. Dale
3. Cordy
2. Weightman
1. Liberatore

Good to see Cordy in the votes, I thought he played his best game this year.

comrade
05-07-2021, 10:23 AM
Cordy was solid again defensively but his decision making is treacle slow. Really need to avoid using him in switch scenarios.

Ozza
05-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Cordy was solid again defensively but his decision making is treacle slow. Really need to avoid using him in switch scenarios.

Serious question - without a hint of smart ar$e - were you at the game?
In the second half particularly, North had a very good period of closing down our outlet kicks coming out of defence and the game was in a mode where we had to go slow and try and pick through them. We really struggled for a period of 6-8 minutes there in particular. Not having Naughton, and Goldstein dominating English meant we didn't have the 'get out' option overly available and when Williams tried to go quickly a few times, it just ended up coming back in. It may not have been apparent on TV just how well North had the ground set up during the last quarter (which our fatigue probably contributed to). The options just weren't there.

I really think Zaine was outstanding yesterday, defending deeper than usual with less height in our back half - I can't recall him being beaten in a contest.

Mantis
05-07-2021, 12:16 PM
In the second half particularly, North had a very good period of closing down our outlet kicks coming out of defence and the game was in a mode where we had to go slow and try and pick through them. We really struggled for a period of 6-8 minutes there in particular. Not having Naughton, and Goldstein dominating English meant we didn't have the 'get out' option overly available and when Williams tried to go quickly a few times, it just ended up coming back in. It may not have been apparent on TV just how well North had the ground set up during the last quarter (which our fatigue probably contributed to). The options just weren't there.

I really think Zaine was outstanding yesterday, defending deeper than usual with less height in our back half - I can't recall him being beaten in a contest.

You should be in politics!

He lost 2 that I can remember. One against Goldy when Keath should've helped him out and another against Zurhaar when he pulled in the one hander in the last qtr.

But in saying that Zaine was pretty good otherwise... but his slow ball movement is a concern especially when we struggled in the air forward of the ball.

bornadog
05-07-2021, 12:23 PM

He lost 2 that I can remember. One against Goldy when Keath should've helped him out and another against Zurhaar when he pulled in the one hander in the last qtr.

But in saying that Zaine was pretty good otherwise... but his slow ball movement is a concern especially when we struggled in the air forward of the ball.

Goldy towers over Cordy, so you can forgive him on that one.

comrade
05-07-2021, 12:24 PM

I was at the ground and North did set up well, no arguments, and that's why we shouldn't be giving the ball to Cordy in open space on a switch. There's a reason opposition teams leave him free as an outlet. Melbourne did it all game, too.

And Cords definitely lost a few contests. He also failed to get back deep in the goal square to provide cover when Goldy outmarked English in the last qtr.

He was solid but not in our best 4, imo.

The Doctor
05-07-2021, 12:31 PM
4. Libba
3. Dale
2. Weightman
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Smith

ratsmac
05-07-2021, 02:39 PM
4. Dale
3. Libba
2. Weightman
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Young

Bulldog4life
05-07-2021, 02:46 PM
Marmo
4 - Tom Liberatore
3 - Cody Weightman
2 - Bailey Dale
1 - Jackson Macrae

James
2 - Cody Weightman
1 - Lewis Young

LostDoggy
05-07-2021, 08:55 PM
4. Tom Liberatore
3. Jackson MacRae
2. Bailey Williams
1. Cody Weightman
Apologies to Mitch Wallis, Bailey Dale and Alex Keath
2. Cody Weightman
1. Lewis Young

boydogs
06-07-2021, 12:27 AM
I was at the ground and North did set up well, no arguments, and that's why we shouldn't be giving the ball to Cordy in open space on a switch. There's a reason opposition teams leave him free as an outlet. Melbourne did it all game, too.

And Cords definitely lost a few contests. He also failed to get back deep in the goal square to provide cover when Goldy outmarked English in the last qtr.

He was solid but not in our best 4, imo.

I thought Keath was better than Cordy. Keath always looks like he is playing within himself, conserving his energy, doing the bare minimum by spoiling instead of trying to mark, giving it off instead of going for a run, and going the safe option with his disposal, but I think he showed more yesterday

Ghost Dog
06-07-2021, 01:31 PM

I just like Zaine Cordy. He brings a hardness to our back line. Khamis is coming along, just watching the Footscray footage, but nobody as good as him to fill that spot for now. Like Fletcher Roberts, I'm afraid he always ends up a whipping boy. But in general I think he seems to do well. It's hard to tell via TV when you miss a lot of play down back.

I don't see Mitch Wallis getting much praise.

Mantis
06-07-2021, 04:17 PM
I just like Zaine Cordy. He brings a hardness to our back line. Khamis is coming along, just watching the Footscray footage, but nobody as good as him to fill that spot for now. Like Fletcher Roberts, I'm afraid he always ends up a whipping boy. But in general I think he seems to do well. It's hard to tell via TV when you miss a lot of play down back.

I don't see Mitch Wallis getting much praise.

In terms of votes? It was a solid game from Mitch, but not worthy of votes.

Twice Bitten
06-07-2021, 04:32 PM
4. Dale
3. Libba
2. Weightman
1. Macrae

2. Weightman
1. Young