PDA

View Full Version : This year, we go celibate…

Go_Dogs
02-08-2021, 10:15 PM
In previous years, we’ve had to root for certain outcomes - let’s hope so and so win because we will make the finals, or finish top 4, or it will mean we have a more favourable match up and better chance to progress.

This year is the first year where I don’t care who we play, or where we play.

Throw whatever you want at us. We will win.

With that being said, apologies to T&T wherever he is, but I don’t think we will be rooting for anyone.

Does anyone else feel the same? Or is there a side that makes you nervous and you want to avoid if possible?

bulldogtragic
02-08-2021, 10:27 PM
I’m very content with things.

bornadog
02-08-2021, 10:27 PM
I don't fear any team and the run home will give us a record number of wins, ie more than 16. It has been incredible so far.

For the home and away, I want to be minor premiers.

boydogs
03-08-2021, 01:22 AM
A couple of losses, a couple of injuries, and a year full of promise could be on its knees

Think we will cop one of Geelong & Melbourne in the prelim and the other in the GF but it would be good for an interstate side to take one or both of them out

ReLoad
03-08-2021, 07:12 AM
#lessrooting

It’s on next year’s membership merchandise.

The Doctor
03-08-2021, 09:27 AM
Swans are the danger. Humming along very nicely. If we knock off Port they could finish top 4.

Ozza
03-08-2021, 10:37 AM
If we win this week, we have equalled our most wins in a home and away season, win two more and its our best ever H&A record, win our last 3 and we finish as minor premier for the first time in the club's history.

18 wins (if we get there) is a lot of wins in a season!!
For perspective, not all that long ago in 2002/03/04 we only won 17 games across 3 seasons. In 1979-1982, we only won 17 games total across 4 season.

Mofra
03-08-2021, 10:50 AM
I'll still be rooting for GWS and Essendon losses regardless of ladder position

Vred
03-08-2021, 12:20 PM
Swans are the danger. Humming along very nicely. If we knock off Port they could finish top 4.

This is the only team I honestly fear in the top 8, I'm 100% confident we pip Geelong with Adz/Dunkley/Martin in and, MCG/Marvel.

Mantis
03-08-2021, 12:27 PM
This is the only team I honestly fear in the top 8, I'm 100% confident we pip Geelong with Adz/Dunkley/Martin in and, MCG/Marvel.

We played Sydney without Naughton, Dunkley & Treloar, JUH was a fumbly mess, Libba was clearly battling and had a rest the following week and we played as poorly as we had all year and yet lost by only 3 goals.

Sydney hold no fears for me.

Happy Days
03-08-2021, 12:31 PM
I have liked Sydney the whole year since their demolition job on Richmond, and think that their highly skilled style is very suited to the extra space at the MCG (ironically, it is specifically not suited to the SCG - the lockdown might have actually helped them).

But - they got us at about 70% capacity, played out of their minds and still couldn't really put us to the sword definitively. We should beat them or anyone else week one.

kruder
03-08-2021, 10:55 PM
The exciting thing for mine is that we haven't peaked yet, our best footy is ahead of us and we are on top of the ladder.

Even though we are on top, the laziness of the media has driven them to be with Geelong, just wait and see what we do to them in the second half of a final.

Bont and Bevo will be holding up the cup.

Twodogs
04-08-2021, 08:03 PM
Did somebody say Celibate Rifles?

https://youtu.be/Tk-hcwMklRA

Scraggers
06-08-2021, 11:42 PM
I tried to go celibate; I couldn’t do it. I didn’t even last a week.

Hi, my name is scraggers and I rooted for GWS.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
06-08-2021, 11:47 PM
I tried to go celibate; I couldn’t do it. I didn’t even last a week.

Hi, my name is scraggers and I rooted for GWS.

Its okay, I spite rooted my guts out tonight......

bulldogtragic
06-08-2021, 11:54 PM
Its okay, I spite rooted my guts out tonight......

I posted on the game with condoms on my fingers. Just can’t take a risk these days that anything towards them is transmitable. Might need some penicillin just to be sure.

ReLoad
07-08-2021, 07:10 AM
Ok, I’ve worken up with a bad feeling, That feeling when you did something last night that you shouldn’t have.
I took an oath earlier in the week to give up the rooting, but I couldn’t help myself….

To make matters worse, I’ve rolled over and looking at what I was rooting over, it’s grim, 100% plastic, fake, silicon, Botox nastiness.

I’ve taken a shower, there’s still a lingering cheap perfume smell, but I hope you can all forgive me.

Jeanette54
07-08-2021, 12:49 PM
I’ve taken a shower, there’s still a lingering cheap perfume smell, but I hope you can all forgive me.

You're forgiven, I suspect you will not be showering alone. (Wait, did I really say that ? )

EasternWest
07-08-2021, 01:18 PM
Ok, I’ve worken up with a bad feeling, That feeling when you did something last night that you shouldn’t have.
I took an oath earlier in the week to give up the rooting, but I couldn’t help myself….

To make matters worse, I’ve rolled over and looking at what I was rooting over, it’s grim, 100% plastic, fake, silicon, Botox nastiness.

Walk of shame to the bathroom.

josie
07-08-2021, 04:29 PM

Classic post. Very gumshoe detective Reload. Bravo - made me smile during the grimness of lockdown 6. Thank you.

Twodogs
07-08-2021, 07:56 PM
Walk of shame to the bathroom.

With your housemates sitting at the kitchen table grinning at you.

I used to share a house with a girl and we had a rule. If one of us bought someone home that we didn't want to deal with the next morning then we'd sit them on the couch in the lounge room and go back to bed after knocking on the housemate's bedroom door and they'd go and get rid of them. Anyway one morning I heard the knock so I got up, walked into the loungeroom only to find quite a well known and loved Footscray (it was the '80s) player sitting on the couch. He said "where's that girl gone?" and I had to say to him "sorry mate but it's time to go"

Later in the day I said to her "mate, you know I love you like a sister and I'd do anything for you but don't ever put me in a position where I'm throwing (well known and loved Footscray player) out of the house again"

bulldogtragic
09-08-2021, 08:34 AM
Need to root now, especially WA dogs members/supporters. Cmon West Coast. Smash Melbourne into tiny pieces.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
09-08-2021, 08:36 AM
Need to root now, especially WA dogs members/supporters. Cmon West Coast. Smash Melbourne into tiny pieces.

Yep, back on the root. First rooting for GWS, and now Wet Toast.... that's how you pick up an STD right there!

Scraggers
09-08-2021, 10:11 AM

I’ll be there … rooting for west coast and generally feeling dirty.

bulldogtragic
09-08-2021, 10:26 AM
I’ll be there … rooting for west coast and generally feeling dirty.

You’re a great man Scraggers. Thanks for taking one for the team.

bornadog
09-08-2021, 10:45 AM
We can still Celibate, Bevo has us Top 4, first time since 2010.

hujsh
09-08-2021, 06:01 PM
We win our two games the worst case scenario is we finish second. Yeah top would have been nice but who ever looks back and gives a shit about top spot if you don't win the premiership? We've got game time into Adz, Dunks and Edd so lets ramp up and hit finals like a ton of bricks.

Also you need a loss before finals so you're not due for one during the finals. Everyone knows this.

bornadog
09-08-2021, 06:43 PM
We win our two games the worst case scenario is we finish second. Yeah top would have been nice but who ever looks back and gives a shit about top spot if you don't win the premiership? We've got game time into Adz, Dunks and Edd so lets ramp up and hit finals like a ton of bricks.

Also you need a loss before finals so you're not due for one during the finals. Everyone knows this.

Worst case, lose two and finish 4th, buts still a double chance.

i think we will win the next two

MrMahatma
09-08-2021, 06:48 PM
Feels good to be back on the root. Let’s be honest. It’s more natural.

Grantysghost
09-08-2021, 07:13 PM
Melbourne should destroy the Eagles they are beyond bad atm.

40+

bornadog
09-08-2021, 08:50 PM
Melbourne should destroy the Eagles they are beyond bad atm.

40+

Could be a surprise coming up?????

Grantysghost
09-08-2021, 09:36 PM
Could be a surprise coming up?????

100+ possibly the surprise :)

Grantysghost
09-08-2021, 10:12 PM
There must be some full boar rooting going on in here, somehow the Eagles have risen from the dead. Keep it up!

azabob
09-08-2021, 10:14 PM
There must be some full boar rooting going on in here, somehow the Eagles have risen from the dead. Keep it up!

Should actually be a goal or two up

Scraggers
10-08-2021, 01:42 AM
I feel dirty … unclean !!! I went, I cheered, I even sought divine intervention (or a lightning stoppage). But noooooo … I need to cleanse :(

jeemak
10-08-2021, 02:23 AM
I'm going to need a Paddle Pop stick and few bandaids after that.

SquirrelGrip
21-08-2021, 09:49 AM
I’m donning the leather pants, white boots, unbuttoning the shirt to my navel and have got the gold chains on. Wet Toast, I’m yours, whatever it takes.

Take down those Lions and next week we are one win from a prelim, playing a team we lost to by 2 points, being ahead for 96% of the game. NicNat, MCG, Joshie K, you know I’ve always loved you!

DOG GOD
21-08-2021, 09:51 AM
I’m donning the leather pants, white boots, unbuttoning the shirt to my navel and have got the gold chains on. Wet Toast, I’m yours, whatever it takes.

Take down those Lions and next week we are one win from a prelim, playing a team we lost to by 2 points, being ahead for 96% of the game. NicNat, MCG, Joshie K, you know I’ve always loved you!

Have you seen their team? Out- McGovern, Kennedy, Kelly, redden, shepherd.

SquirrelGrip
21-08-2021, 09:53 AM
Have you seen their team? Out- McGovern, Kennedy, Kelly, shepherd.

Oh dear.

I’ll need to ask some of their young boys for a dance then.