PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Semi Final, 2021 vs Brisbane

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
04-09-2021, 04:25 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's Semi Final against Brisbane. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

bulldogtragic
04-09-2021, 11:17 PM
VDM slight toe poke.

EasternWest
04-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Baz's terrible/incredible left foot.

comrade
04-09-2021, 11:20 PM
Baz's terrible/incredible left foot.

Jesus, he had 2 kicks which could both be considered THE moment depending on the result.

EasternWest
04-09-2021, 11:23 PM
Jesus, he had 2 kicks which could both be considered THE moment depending on the result.

Just the nuts to step up and take the shot. Ay caramba.

westdog54
04-09-2021, 11:25 PM
Vandermeer having the situational awareness to rush the behind, then Doc Duryea winning that last big contest.

bornadog
04-09-2021, 11:25 PM

When he stuffed that first kick, I almost hit the roof

hujsh
04-09-2021, 11:32 PM
Macrae taking a contested mark (which he should arguably do more of considering his height) and slotting a goal.

WE

NEVER

LOSE

WHEN

HE

GOALS

Period

(don't be a jinx please)

bulldogsthru&thru
04-09-2021, 11:34 PM
Vandermeer having the situational awareness to rush the behind, then Doc Duryea winning that last big contest.

That was huge from Doc. Huge.

Bumper Bulldogs
04-09-2021, 11:35 PM
Smiths smother that allowed the rebound off 1/2 back

westdog54
04-09-2021, 11:36 PM
That was huge from Doc. Huge.

When you consider that Charlie had burned us for pace all night it's astounding that Doc halved that contest.

AshMac
05-09-2021, 12:23 AM
When the final siren sounded I knew we’d won

Best moment of the game for Me was macraes goal

westbulldog
05-09-2021, 12:35 AM
Hannan wins the contest, handballs to Bailey Smith who slots it on his left foot !

The bulldog tragician
05-09-2021, 12:43 AM
The Duryea contest for me. He did phenomenally well, to keep his feet, to use his strength and guile.

comrade
05-09-2021, 12:44 AM
The Duryea contest for me. He did phenomenally well, to keep his feet, to use his strength and guile.

Yep. That was just an incredible moment for Doc.

MrMahatma
05-09-2021, 12:50 AM
Yep. That was just an incredible moment for Doc.

Amazing. The man is so good!

angelopetraglia
05-09-2021, 01:03 AM
The Caleb dump kick around the corner that landed in Roarke’s arms. That was the moment.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 01:10 AM
The Dr... that was it... I was watching it unfold and it just looked every which way that Cameron was going to get it and walk into goal... we've all seen that movie as Dog's supporters before. That's how the scripts pretty much 9 times out of 10 unfold for us..
That was a game saving moment. No Doubt

angelopetraglia
05-09-2021, 01:21 AM
The Dr... that was it... I was watching it unfold and it just looked every which way that Cameron was going to get it and walk into goal... we've all seen that movie as Dog's supporters before. That's how the scripts pretty much 9 times out of 10 unfold for us..

Difficult to disagree with this. Enormous and my heart was in my mouth.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 01:24 AM
Difficult to disagree with this. Enormous and my heart was in my mouth.

I was telling my son.. Oh No.... this is it mate... I think we're done.

angelopetraglia
05-09-2021, 01:34 AM
I was telling my son.. Oh No.... this is it mate... I think we're done.

How good is it to share your passion of the Bulldogs with your children! Two teenagers on the couch tonight and it was amazing. Great family memories.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 01:38 AM
How good is it to share your passion of the Bulldogs with your children! Two teenagers on the couch tonight and it was amazing. Great family memories.

As I was tucking my son in to bed tonight... I said 'Josh I'm so proud of how you kept cheering all night...but also how when we won, your first thought was to give a cuddle to your Brisbane supporting mate who was crying...' and he said 'Dad I'm proud of you... I kept cheering all night because you didn't stop even when we were behind...'

Special moments.....

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 01:54 AM
As I was tucking my son in to bed tonight... I said 'Josh I'm so proud of how you kept cheering all night...but also how when we won, your first thought was to give a cuddle to your Brisbane supporting mate who was crying...' and he said 'Dad I'm proud of you... I kept cheering all night because you didn't stop even when we were behind...'

Special moments.....

That’s adorable. You named you son after Josh Schache.

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 01:56 AM
Doc, last line of defence in a 1 on 1 with Cameron, who is a jet.

Ghost Dog
05-09-2021, 01:57 AM
The Caleb dump kick around the corner that landed in Roarke’s arms. That was the moment.

Pure luck I think that one.
The Caleb Daniel tackle on Joe D. was awesome.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
05-09-2021, 02:00 AM
That’s adorable. You named you son after Josh Schache.

And even more spookier we named him 4 years prior to trading for Josh Schache!!!!!! Freaky stuff!

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2021, 02:05 AM
The CB hack marked by a Bulldog.

jazzadogs
05-09-2021, 02:05 AM

YHF, so happy for you getting to share that moment with your son - so special.

Doc was outstanding. He had been in that exact situation with Charlie in the 3rd quarter and got absolutely burnt. We were only one point up, and if Charlie had got his hands on the ball he was absolutely kicking the goal. It was enormous.

The Caleb Daniel kick that landed on Roarke's chest - dare we say he meant it? He has pulled off more outlandish kicks than that.

The bulldog tragician
05-09-2021, 02:06 AM

Special moments.....

Now there’s a bit of dust in my eye.

My sons often cried after heartbreaking wins. I’m so glad I saw them cry for the right reasons in 2016.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 02:07 AM
And even more spookier we named him 4 years prior to trading for Josh Schache!!!!!! Freaky stuff!

I always knew you were far too interested in the Murray Bushrangers and Vic Country 4-5 years ago. Do you have another older child, named Brodie Grundy-YHF? Just asking for a friend.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 02:08 AM
When Pat Lipinski let his manager leak it that he would be requesting a trade around tomorrow or Monday.

That’s the moment Pat just ensured 110% he wouldn’t be playing in a Prelim a week later.

SonofScray
05-09-2021, 09:46 AM
DOC v Charlie in scenes that should have gone similar to CHARLIE V WOOD earlier on,, but didn’t. His was the match winning effort. I thought Dunkley’s smother snuffed a bit of hope for them too.

EasternWest
05-09-2021, 10:11 AM

Special moments.....

Stupid, adorable JHF.

Grantysghost
05-09-2021, 10:13 AM

Special moments.....

Wow that's amazing stuff.

Happy dads day mate.

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Ball inside D50 one point up and Duryea in a one on one with Charlie Cameron running towards the goals. Duryea getting that ball out saved the match.

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Time on as well I can't think of many instances where Cameron wouldn't score.

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 10:19 AM
Huuuuge contest.

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 10:21 AM

Special moments.....

You're the best x

azabob
05-09-2021, 11:43 AM
Doc has had a couple of moments in the last two weeks, against Essendon he spoiled a one on one contest and then hit up Schache for a goal and then again last night against Charlie Cameron late.

He is a seriously cool, calm and collected fella who also would run through a brick wall for his teammates.

I'm glad the rest of the support base is slowly catching up to how important he is to our back 7 and 22.

westdog54
05-09-2021, 11:48 AM

Special moments.....

And then the night light clapped...

Seriously though, that's fantastic.

Grantysghost
05-09-2021, 11:49 AM
Has anyone sent Lynchy the choke photo?

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 11:52 AM
Has anyone sent Lynchy the choke photo?

Do you know how to side by side images. Left Lynch and Right Smith ice veins. We should make that go viral. I’ll even go back to Twitter just to push it along.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2021, 11:57 AM
I think I've watched Mr Ice In The Veins about 263 times already. Gets better with every watch.

Mitcha
05-09-2021, 01:55 PM

It's funny that I was getting frustrated all night because i felt that every dump kick, ricochet, random bounce of ball went their way all night, until Caleb's dump. Mercy.

Happy Days
05-09-2021, 02:05 PM
Honestly not until Dayne “Mr September” Zorko punted it out on the full.

Damn those umpires forcing the Lions captain to put it into the 15th row with the game on the line.

macca
05-09-2021, 02:09 PM
When Pat Lipinski let his manager leak it that he would be requesting a trade around tomorrow or Monday.

That’s the moment Pat just ensured 110% he wouldn’t be playing in a Prelim a week later.

Just make sure he gets nowhere near the game plan and repossess his phone

chef
05-09-2021, 02:14 PM
Baz's whole last quarter. It was just 'follow me lads' I've got this. Hopefully this trade talk stops now. 3rd year player too, he's going to be a gem.

Special mention to Jackson, he was Bont like too.

azabob
05-09-2021, 05:38 PM
The moment for me was when Bailey Smith and Josh Schache combined for a goal in the last quarter to put us in front. Last night when it happened I was puzzled how Schache kicked the goal. Harris Andrews just let Schache run back towards goal into open space and in the end dared him to kick the goal. That’s when I thought, hang on, we are a real chance to win this.

I’m watching the replay now and I’m still puzzled and bemused by it all. Oh, we are more than a chance to win, I reckon we will win…

comrade
05-09-2021, 05:45 PM
The moment for me was when Bailey Smith and Josh Schache combined for a goal in the last quarter to put us in front. Last night when it happened I was puzzled how Schache kicked the goal. Harris Andrews just let Schache run back towards goal into open space and in the end dared him to kick the goal. That’s when I thought, hang on, we are a real chance to win this.

I’m watching the replay now and I’m still puzzled and bemused by it all. Oh, we are more than a chance to win, I reckon we will win…

Marcus Adams also hesitated in the goal square rather than coming at Schache. It was shoddy defending all round, but yeah umpires were the reason they lost.

westdog54
05-09-2021, 08:43 PM

The more I look at it, the more I think they just weren't counting on him regathering the ball and pulling up in time to get around into his left.

Schache did brilliantly but it was insipid defending.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2021, 08:51 PM
Watching the replay, the lead up to Macraes mark and goal started with Schache doing something not his usual strong suit. Which was attacked the contest and slid in open to getting smashed, got the contested handball out which ended with Macrae. I think his time in defence is really helping his confidence. I’m not saying he’s the finished product, but he’s doing some physical things and attacking the contest at an improved rate. That leads to a goal, the shepherd let’s in a goal and kicked one himself. Just a shame he dropped the pud. But the positives are outweighing the negatives. He’s a confidence player like Hannan and they have reason to be confidant going into the week.

comrade
05-09-2021, 09:04 PM
That last kick from Caleb back into the D50. Oh boy.

merantau
05-09-2021, 09:21 PM
Doc v Charlie for mine. He absolutely nailed that contest. Somehow, and I don't know how, the ball got over the line. I have a feeling that Charlie slapped at it and it landed on Doc's foot as they were sprinting side by side. Whatever, it was crucial to the outcome.

Bumper Bulldogs
05-09-2021, 10:07 PM

I actually think he meant that kick.

BornInDroopSt'54
05-09-2021, 10:17 PM
As I called at the time late in 3rd q there was a momentum shift. I felt we would lift and win despite them dominating the quarter. I felt we had belief and were better.

comrade
05-09-2021, 10:26 PM

You never know with Caleb. If it was a deliberate kick, he has stones the size of grape fruits.

soupman
05-09-2021, 10:46 PM

I kind of do too. Not because the kick made me believe it was on purpose, but because I can't see Caleb shanking a kick to that position.

He has stuffed up kicks before but I don't think he has ever kicked one where he was categorically not aiming (even his deliberate one was kind of what he was going for).

1eyedog
05-09-2021, 11:18 PM
How many times have you watched Baz's goal? Sharp work by Hannan too BTW.

bornadog
05-09-2021, 11:22 PM

Hannan, really attacked the ball with some speed then handballed to Smith

jazzadogs
05-09-2021, 11:32 PM

At least 10 times here.

https://youtu.be/wbgTME4rKTU

jeemak
05-09-2021, 11:42 PM
I love how the guy feels he has to walk down the stairs to give the double bird.

These even a Norf nuffie in the crowd getting really upset about things.

westdog54
06-09-2021, 12:06 AM
I kind of do too. Not because the kick made me believe it was on purpose, but because I can't see Caleb shanking a kick to that position.

He has stuffed up kicks before but I don't think he has ever kicked one where he was categorically not aiming (even his deliberate one was kind of what he was going for).

It reminded me of his kick to Bont late in the Sydney gave at the SCG, that led to JJ's sir at goal. Same pull across the body, seemingly aimless but hitting a teammate squarely on the chest.

100% that kick went exactly where Caleb wanted it to go.

EasternWest
06-09-2021, 12:12 AM
At least 10 times here.

https://youtu.be/wbgTME4rKTU

10 more times for me too Jazz.

Lord, Luke Darcy is atrocious.

Ghost Dog
06-09-2021, 12:22 AM
It reminded me of his kick to Bont late in the Sydney gave at the SCG, that led to JJ's sir at goal. Same pull across the body, seemingly aimless but hitting a teammate squarely on the chest.

100% that kick went exactly where Caleb wanted it to go.

Nah, not 100% sure he didn't just get lucky with that one. If he did it on purpose then I get down on my knees to him.

Ghost Dog
06-09-2021, 12:25 AM
10 more times for me too Jazz.

Lord, Luke Darcy is atrocious.

Have to laugh at Krock rolling their eyes at the 'ice in his veins' celebration.
whatever, he kicked it. Let him celebrate how he wants.

It's a pity Baz can't invent his own locally choreographed celebration.

boydogs
06-09-2021, 01:04 AM
All the last quarter moments posted already are on the money but for something different, Naughton's mark and goal from 50 when we were 3 goals down. He was probably a 3/10 chance to kick that but he recognised that moment and got it done. It lifted the team to think we were not out of it and started a momentum swing that got us back in front

AshMac
07-09-2021, 07:49 AM
Watched the replay last night. Another great moment for me was half way through the last quarter Naughton attacked a high ball and absolutely crunched Robinson.

Small thing but he a. Hit the ball with intensity and b. Reminded Robinson what it’s like to play footy. I feel we are a team that doesn’t often focus on the physical side and it was great to see

BornInDroopSt'54
07-09-2021, 12:44 PM
The CB hack marked by a Bulldog.

Looking at replay CB was making sure he did not give another out deliberate and saw Roarke with peripheral vision. Great kick.

Ghost Dog
07-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Looking at replay CB was making sure he did not give another out deliberate and saw Roarke with peripheral vision. Great kick.

Love to know the truth. If intentional how do you do that? Across the body pin point pass. Incredible!

jeemak
07-09-2021, 01:20 PM
I've re-watched the Daniel kick about ten times and really focused, and I gotta say I'm leaning towards him doing it on purpose.

It wasn't a hack, it was a drop punt and his eyes tell the story of what he was trying to do.

Ozza
07-09-2021, 02:16 PM
Hannan, really attacked the ball with some speed then handballed to Smith

The Hannan handball is probably not getting the kudos it should. Brilliant piece of work which had to be pretty much perfect at that speed and with that pressure.

JJ's goal late in the third gave us a sniff.
Hunter's centered ball to Macrae was big
Schache kicking what ended up a bizarrely easy looking goal to put us in front
Libba knock on to JJ, Hannan, Smith on the left....
VDM off Bailey smith scramble
Doc v Cameron.....

So many moments!

Mantis
07-09-2021, 02:47 PM
The Hannan handball is probably not getting the kudos it should. Brilliant piece of work which had to be pretty much perfect at that speed and with that pressure.

JJ's goal late in the third gave us a sniff.
Hunter's centered ball to Macrae was big
Schache kicking what ended up a bizarrely easy looking goal to put us in front
Libba knock on to JJ, Hannan, Smith on the left....
VDM off Bailey smith scramble
Doc v Cameron.....

So many moments!

It really is a game of inches isn't it... conversely if we don't win there's so many moments where you think we have blown the opportunity to win with the 2 that stick out the most being:

* Doc spoiling Williams which led to the tying goal from Bailey
* Baz taking the advantage after the Treloar run down free and turning it over when we had a 8 point lead... Brisbane scored a goal from the next bit of play which was against the run of play.

Nice to come out on the good side for a change which was the result of standing up in the big moments which doesn't always happen.

MrMahatma
07-09-2021, 03:03 PM
It really is a game of inches isn't it... conversely if we don't win there's so many moments where you think we have blown the opportunity to win with the 2 that stick out the most being:

* Doc spoiling Williams which led to the tying goal from Bailey
* Baz taking the advantage after the Treloar run down free and turning it over when we had a 8 point lead... Brisbane scored a goal from the next bit of play which was against the run of play.

Nice to come out on the good side for a change which was the result of standing up in the big moments which doesn't always happen.

Bont, Keath and VDM set shot misses also.

Loads of upside for us to cash in on Saturday night.

bornadog
07-09-2021, 03:10 PM

McCluggage in the third quarter missed three set shots, so works both ways.

jeemak
07-09-2021, 04:01 PM
McCluggage in the third quarter missed three set shots, so works both ways.

Yeah but that's because of VFL bias at the AFL that makes the umpires make him miss those three set shots. Can't blame it on him/ Brisbane. It's the same bias that allowed Bont, Keath and VDM to score points from their set shots instead of kicking them out on the full.

1eyedog
07-09-2021, 07:16 PM

That's twice that VDM has almost missed his foot kicking for goal. Once against Essendon and once on Satdee night, both from approx. 30 metres out. There's no doubt he does his best work in full motion but you gotta nail them.