View Full Version : We are in the Grand final 2021 edition

11-09-2021, 10:58 PM
Bring it on

11-09-2021, 11:14 PM
Twice in 6 years. We are spoilt.

Good thing we don’t have dibs on the best KPP in the draft on top of Jamarra.

11-09-2021, 11:44 PM
This is awesome.

11-09-2021, 11:46 PM
So spoilt... Good Bulldog's supporting folk have passed in intervening years without seeing a GF appearance... we are so, so fortunate.
My 8 year old son twice in his life......ridiculously fortunate.

11-09-2021, 11:53 PM
I feel very lucky to see us in two grand finals after so many people went so long without seeing us in one.

11-09-2021, 11:58 PM
I’m freaking out

12-09-2021, 12:04 AM
It's really incumbent upon us to ensure we don't go down in history as the team that let the most unlikable team EVER in Melbourne, break their hoodoo.

12-09-2021, 12:17 AM
So great to be back there. I love this club!

We just keep fighting and don’t give in.

We are living up to our motto.

12-09-2021, 12:35 AM
I love this club.

12-09-2021, 12:42 AM
Love the club, love the players, love the fans, love everything about it. Carn Scray.

12-09-2021, 12:50 AM
Was waiting for the Port comeback but it never really came. So pumped for the club.

12-09-2021, 12:56 AM
It’s quite incredible, the circumstances in which we’ve done it, again. I’d almost forgotten that we killed Harambe. But we are in the business of winning flags now, not losing prelims.

12-09-2021, 01:04 AM
Any Perth Woofers? Anyone with an idea of the supporter base in Perth? Will we have a bigger supporter base than Melbourne in Perth? Before the Eagles came in, we did have some great WA players. Beasley, Purser, Rance, Hardie, Sewell, Daniels etc.

12-09-2021, 01:23 AM
What's the go with tickets? Can I give my membership barcode to a Dogs fan in Perth so that they can attend?

12-09-2021, 08:09 AM
So spoilt... Good Bulldog's supporting folk have passed in intervening years without seeing a GF appearance... we are so, so fortunate.
My 8 year old son twice in his life......ridiculously fortunate.

Yep we have been absolutely blessed with this group of players and Bevo.

Completely smashed Port in probably our best performance of the season in a prelim. From age 0-30 i watched us fall over in about 7 prelims in a row.

12-09-2021, 09:31 AM
So who will present the Premiership Cup to us?

12-09-2021, 09:48 AM

Of a certain caliber and in Perth and out of quarantine.

Chris Grant? Weirdness of the footy boss doing it aside.

12-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Twice in 6 years. We are spoilt.

Good thing we don’t have dibs on the best KPP in the draft on top of Jamarra.

That’d be ridiculous. May as well have the umpires favouring you too with that advantage.

12-09-2021, 09:50 AM
What's the go with tickets? Can I give my membership barcode to a Dogs fan in Perth so that they can attend?

Yes, this is what I want to do with mine and my wife's.

12-09-2021, 09:52 AM
Have we well and truly put the prelim curse to bed? Like can we chill from now on when we have leads in a prelim? I thought 2016 put it to bed but I was still crapping myself with a 46pt lead in the 3rd.

12-09-2021, 09:52 AM
We have a steely, focused look about us.
We have a belief I haven’t seen since 2016
We have a TEAM…no egos, playing their roles
We have a coach who instills that US vs THEM mantra that the players get around.
Our whole squad is there with us.

We have a chance..we have a great chance for another premiership.
The media has already given Melb the premiership.
Let’s rain on that parade.
Let’s make 2021 the year of the dog
Let’s bring that premiership cup home to the whitten oval.
Let’s put smiles on the faces of those doing it in tough in lockdowns.
We are all in this together.
We are ONE
UNITED

12-09-2021, 09:55 AM
Nice to see the airlines hiking the prices.
If I, my bro and mum wanted to fly from Tassie to Perth, it would cost $6050 return.
Ah, no .

12-09-2021, 09:59 AM
Can we start a gofundme page for DG? After all he started this finals campaign by being in attendance. If only we could convert memberships into cash DG!

12-09-2021, 10:00 AM
Can you get flights to Adelaide DG and then road trip it to Perth?

12-09-2021, 10:08 AM
Can you get flights to Adelaide DG and then road trip it to Perth?
I’d only have the Friday - Monday to get away from work, so direct flights would be the best avenue.
It’s ok.

12-09-2021, 10:09 AM
Can we start a gofundme page for DG? After all he started this finals campaign by being in attendance. If only we could convert memberships into cash DG!
Haha appreciate that, but all good mate. We are all in this position of not being able to get there.

12-09-2021, 10:11 AM
Haha appreciate that, but all good mate. We are all in this position of not being able to get there.

You actually can though DG! They’d let you in! We’re banned!

12-09-2021, 10:29 AM

Tom Boyd would be amazing.

12-09-2021, 10:30 AM
Tom Boyd would be amazing.

With Toby on his back.

I second the nomination he'd be awesome.

12-09-2021, 10:32 AM
Think we have to cull the potential list down a fair bit. Whoever it is will have to be based in WA, SA or TAS. How about the SA Chief health officer?

12-09-2021, 10:42 AM
If not Grant or Dale Morris. Nathan Eagleton is a life member. Is Clay Smith in Victoria still? Ryan Hargrave. Luke Darcy.

12-09-2021, 10:46 AM
Is Danny Southern still in WA? That would be epic.

12-09-2021, 10:48 AM

Cup in one arm, Sumich under the other?

12-09-2021, 11:21 AM
Dennis Cometti?

12-09-2021, 11:37 AM
If not Grant or Dale Morris. Nathan Eagleton is a life member. Is Clay Smith in Victoria still? Ryan Hargrave. Luke Darcy.

Brad Lynch for sure.

12-09-2021, 11:40 AM
I've got a massive hangover today, it's my Birthday, and I've never felt so good.
How awesome is this club??

12-09-2021, 11:46 AM
I've got a massive hangover today, it's my Birthday, and I've never felt so good.

Enjoy your 15th birthday. Life goes down hill from here.

12-09-2021, 11:47 AM

Happy Birthday Purp.

12-09-2021, 11:58 AM

What a birthday present!
Happy birthday.

12-09-2021, 12:21 PM

He most certainly is. Triple M had a good interview with him before the 1st final

12-09-2021, 12:29 PM
Yeah I feel like I’ve been hit in the head with a cricket bat too, but still feel pretty good?

12-09-2021, 12:31 PM
Bevo is such a legend. Going IN on all those dickheads who felt the need to rip into Treloar as their first instinct after the game of the season was ny highlight of the night.

12-09-2021, 12:34 PM
I know it doesn’t matter… but why after that performance, are we such long odds to win?

What we did was more impressive than what Melb did.

12-09-2021, 12:36 PM
I know it doesn’t matter… but why after that performance, are we such long odds to win?

Two weeks to go. They go unchanged or lose May. We get stronger with Keath & Cody. The odds will tighten.

12-09-2021, 12:41 PM

There is an incorrect assumption that Melbourne has already located in the West and this gives them an advantage. We are the mythbusters so if you like our odds just remember to gamble responsibly :)

12-09-2021, 01:07 PM
I don’t mind melbourne taking the spotlight at all. Heap all the pressure on them. Oh and we also don’t mind being underdogs and being written off.

12-09-2021, 01:11 PM
Dees are chuds and will put the cart before the horse. I’m shocked they sent Jones home instead of making him the sub.

12-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Dees are chuds and will put the cart before the horse. I’m shocked they sent Jones home instead of making him the sub.

His wife is due to give birth so he made a hard decision easy for the club.

Jones - hey Goody I think I might go back to Vic to be with my wife to give birth

Goodwin - OK

Jones - well alright I'm leaving now

Goodwin - see ya

Jones - if I go I can't get back in time for the grand final

Goodwin - yeah I know

:)

12-09-2021, 02:28 PM
How do you know what priority membership you are
I have EJ Whitten Social club memberships and bronze

Also live in Perth woo hoo

12-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Are there many Bulldogs supporters living out west LostDog?

12-09-2021, 02:35 PM

You should be priority one

12-09-2021, 02:36 PM
I believe there are, I know a big group would meet up in subiaco before the game

12-09-2021, 02:38 PM

Cheers mate
I wonder how many I can get, was able to purchase up to 10 for each game recently
I'm a very popular man at the minute

12-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Cheers mate
I wonder how many I can get, was able to purchase up to 10 for each game recently
I'm a very popular man at the minute

Normally for a GF, you need a barcode for every ticket, so no guest passes

12-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Lin Jong doing some of his best work on Instagram today. Recommend everyone check out his stories.

12-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Biggs too he put the photo of Williams choking himself with his tie

12-09-2021, 06:28 PM

My mistake, EJ Whitten Social Club is Priority 2

12-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Bevo is such a legend. Going IN on all those dickheads who felt the need to rip into Treloar as their first instinct after the game of the season was ny highlight of the night.

He is a smart man, Bevo. This is the difference between him and Buckley. Supports his players in public and shows empathy. Treloar is an emotional beast and will (should say already has) embraced this way of coaching. Certainly brings out the best in players.

12-09-2021, 06:48 PM
I must be Charlie Sutton got the Priority 1 email for my partner and myself
Best investment I made this year

12-09-2021, 07:18 PM
It’s gonna be a fun 2 weeks but we’ll need some conversation fillers. I’m already looking at the 28 day rainfall predictions. Grand final day is in a batch of days that could see some rain. Beat em in the rain last time.

12-09-2021, 08:39 PM
I must be Charlie Sutton got the Priority 1 email for my partner and myself
Best investment I made this year

That’s what I did in 2016!

12-09-2021, 09:12 PM
If we didn't have 2016, the 2 week lead in this year would be unbearable but I'm pretty grateful for the break to be honest. Get this week to reflect on the prelim win, chill and then get into the build up next week. Obviously spewing most of us can't go, though.

Anyone else like that we have a chance to chill or would you prefer to get straight into it?

12-09-2021, 09:16 PM
I’m happy to chill. Soak up the fact we’re in a grand final again. 2 weeks off before the finals/prelim is/would be a lot more excruciating. Having your club in a grand final doesn’t normally come around too often so I’m going to make the most of it.

I’m also glad we have 2016. We’ve lived the normal experience we’re all used to. And we’ve won it.

12-09-2021, 09:22 PM
If we didn't have 2016, the 2 week lead in this year would be unbearable but I'm pretty grateful for the break to be honest. Get this week to reflect on the prelim win, chill and then get into the build up next week. Obviously spewing most of us can't go, though.

Anyone else like that we have a chance to chill or would you prefer to get straight into it?
We've been in lockdown for 220 days (and counting) in Melbourne, so I'm just thankful that there is still another 2 weeks of something to look forward to before the footy season finishes.

12-09-2021, 09:23 PM
I’m happy to chill. Soak up the fact we’re in a grand final again. 2 weeks off before the finals/prelim is/would be a lot more excruciating. Having your club in a grand final doesn’t normally come around too often so I’m going to make the most of it.

I’m also glad we have 2016. We’ve lived the normal experience we’re all used to. And we’ve won it.

Since 2016 - Most Grand Finals

Richmond 3
Bulldogs 2
Geelong 1
GWS 1
WCE 1
Collingwood 1
Sydney 1
Adelaide 1
Melbourne 1

12-09-2021, 09:32 PM
I can’t decide if the longer build up will help/hinder the cruel adjustment to the idea that we won’t be there considering our club has been so starved of grand finals in all our lifetimes. Last time all the little things were so special. I remember my son sending me a photo of our name being painted on the ‘g at the start of the week, seeing all the buzz around the city (I’d always been so envious of office workers wearing their scarves on the train). No GF parade, no training sessions. It really does suck.

It’s a forlorn hope but I wonder/ hope if fully vaccinated people could be allowed to visit each other’s homes on GF Day, or whether the authorities would allow strictly controlled outdoor gatherings for vaccinated fans e.g. the big screen at Whitten Oval, with measures like tests beforehand, only able to sit in family groups of a given number with it being strictly enforced, staggered entry times. It would be a great PR exercise too in what the new covid normal would look like.

Footy barracking is all about people. To not be able to share GF Day with people I love when we all sat together for umpteen miserable seasons or finals obliterations will hit me really hard as the days go on.

12-09-2021, 09:42 PM
We've been in lockdown for 220 days (and counting) in Melbourne, so I'm just thankful that there is still another 2 weeks of something to look forward to before the footy season finishes.

That's a good point.

12-09-2021, 09:46 PM
I can’t decide if the longer build up will help/hinder the cruel adjustment to the idea that we won’t be there considering our club has been so starved of grand finals in all our lifetimes. Last time all the little things were so special. I remember my son sending me a photo of our name being painted on the ‘g at the start of the week, seeing all the buzz around the city (I’d always been so envious of office workers wearing their scarves on the train). No GF parade, no training sessions. It really does suck.

It’s a forlorn hope but I wonder/ hope if fully vaccinated people could be allowed to visit each other’s homes on GF Day, or whether the authorities would allow strictly controlled outdoor gatherings for vaccinated fans e.g. the big screen at Whitten Oval, with measures like tests beforehand, only able to sit in family groups of a given number with it being strictly enforced, staggered entry times. It would be a great PR exercise too in what the new covid normal would look like.

Footy barracking is all about people. To not be able to share GF Day with people I love when we all sat together for umpteen miserable seasons or finals obliterations will hit me really hard as the days go on.

We might need a big WOOF Zoom meeting.

12-09-2021, 09:55 PM

Saw this poster in shop window yesterday.

If numbers stabilise or decrease in next week maybe government will ease some restrictions. My gut feeling says this will not happen though. And if it does guessing changes will be minimal.

12-09-2021, 09:57 PM

What a great birthday present!

12-09-2021, 09:59 PM

It’s little consolation, but after sharing your thoughts with us for nearly a decade we are all a surrogate online family to you, for you and with you. And for everyone. It sucks. But if we didn’t have WOOF and each other it’d suck a lot more. We know we share a crazy amount of love for this club and have each other as a channel of that and for that. I won’t have family next week either, but after so long together from years to decades, this is easily my plan b. And with a young enough list and won’t throw it away again. There will be more opportunities. For me, I can’t change Covid and the laws. But I can control having as much his damn fun for two weeks and hopefully months after. Just don’t forget to have fun with our boys in their second GF in six years and being rewarded with Sam Darcy soon after.

12-09-2021, 10:22 PM

Jones - hey Goody I think I might go back to Vic to be with my wife to give birth

Goodwin - OK

Goodwin - see ya

Goodwin - yeah I know

Jones. - Alright then I've organised my ticket.

Goodwin - No worries mate

Jones -Taxi is here

Goodwin - So I see

Jones - I've played 300 games without a Grand Final you know

Goodwin - You're starting to gild the lily a bit mate...

12-09-2021, 11:10 PM
I really loved the build up to the 2016 GF, soaking in the training day, the parade, discussions, getting tickets etc etc and the final build up. W

Will miss that this time, but with the lockdown, two weeks is much better.

12-09-2021, 11:56 PM
I really loved the build up to the 2016 GF, soaking in the training day, the parade, discussions, getting tickets etc etc and the final build up. W

Will miss that this time, but with the lockdown, two weeks is much better.

It's going to burn to not be allowed to have a celebration at Whitten oval the day after the GF. Hopefully at some stage when the lockdown is over and we are able to do it the club will organise something.

13-09-2021, 12:38 AM

Happy birthday bud!

13-09-2021, 12:40 AM

Goodwin - OK

Goodwin - see ya

Goodwin - yeah I know

She's not due until December 15.

13-09-2021, 12:41 AM
It's going to burn to not be allowed to have a celebration at Whitten oval the day after the GF. Hopefully at some stage when the lockdown is over and we are able to do it the club will organise something.

Yeah a shame but hopefully as you say TD they will organise something. Drive there with the Doggies scarf hanging out the window celebrating if we win. Was amazing the day after in 2016 with 30K people at WO.

13-09-2021, 12:57 AM
I *!*!*!*!ing hate the fact that I cannot attend, even getting an email from the club going 'here's your barcode, sorry you can't go' feels like a kick to the guts.

So over this lockdown shit here in Melbourne, can't wait for life to return to some form of normality. Once the footy season is over in two weeks I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself on weekends anymore.

13-09-2021, 07:40 AM
I *!*!*!*!ing hate the fact that I cannot attend, even getting an email from the club going 'here's your barcode, sorry you can't go' feels like a kick to the guts.

So over this lockdown shit here in Melbourne, can't wait for life to return to some form of normality. Once the footy season is over in two weeks I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself on weekends anymore.

Yep...

13-09-2021, 10:04 AM

We are all feeling it. Stay positive, and won't be too much longer

People just need to get vaccinated so we can get out of lockdown

13-09-2021, 10:18 AM
Feel you pain Vred. Let’s pray we can put the final series on non stop replay including a glorious GF win.

13-09-2021, 10:25 AM
I love Bevo. Hope he never leaves. My hero.

14-09-2021, 04:07 PM
Chris Grant will present the Premiership Cup if we are victorious https://www.afl.com.au/news/676937/club-greats-to-present-premiership-cup-to-winning-team

14-09-2021, 04:09 PM
Chris Grant will present the Premiership Cup if we are victorious https://www.afl.com.au/news/676937/club-greats-to-present-premiership-cup-to-winning-team

My all time favourite Bulldog!

14-09-2021, 04:24 PM
My all time favourite Bulldog!

Same, although The Bont is closing in.

14-09-2021, 04:25 PM
Granty presenting the Premiership Cup would be bloody great.

On the flip side, I might spew up if Melbourne win and that flog Lyon gets to hand it over....

19-09-2021, 01:59 AM
It’s gonna be a fun 2 weeks but we’ll need some conversation fillers. I’m already looking at the 28 day rainfall predictions. Grand final day is in a batch of days that could see some rain. Beat em in the rain last time.

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml?ref=hdr

https://i.imgur.com/SwDnoXF.png

19-09-2021, 08:29 AM
Hoping this time next week I'm nursing the most joyous of hangovers!

19-09-2021, 08:47 AM
Hoping this time next week I'm nursing the most joyous of hangovers!

How can you be hungover if you're still up celebrating?

19-09-2021, 08:54 AM
How can you be hungover if you're still up celebrating?

https://i.ibb.co/k6tPgdN/thinkaboutit-smart.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

19-09-2021, 12:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTd8s95dLds&ab_channel=WesternBulldogs

20-09-2021, 12:15 PM
Out of quarantine yesterday the Dogs hit the surf on a sunny day at Cottesloe beach.

20-09-2021, 04:16 PM
It's nuts we're in a GF. I've been reading the forum the past few minutes and now I'm getting nervous!! Or maybe that's the cheese sanger my kids didn't eat which I just polished off... it'd been a few hours...

5 more sleeps.

20-09-2021, 06:22 PM
It's nuts we're in a GF. I've been reading the forum the past few minutes and now I'm getting nervous!! Or maybe that's the cheese sanger my kids didn't eat which I just polished off... it'd been a few hours...

5 more sleeps.

Lucky you being able to sleep.

20-09-2021, 06:43 PM

I'm definitely going to struggle later in the week. Every night I get through is a gift!

20-09-2021, 08:10 PM

Yeah it's 2 more sleeps for me.

20-09-2021, 08:34 PM
Yeah it's 2 more sleeps for me.

So some vintage 3am EW posting this week?

20-09-2021, 08:51 PM
So some vintage 3am EW posting this week?

I don't need any particular time to shitpost.

22-09-2021, 12:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_2WUG1VUAgL5wU?format=jpg&name=large

22-09-2021, 12:18 PM
Daniel Bandy looks like Doug Hawkins.

22-09-2021, 12:22 PM
That's awesome. I admit I had to look up Blair and Pleitner though who were before my time.

22-09-2021, 12:23 PM
Now I can't unsee it.

22-09-2021, 12:24 PM

My thoughts as well :D

22-09-2021, 12:27 PM
So that’s what happened to Peter Quill.

22-09-2021, 12:29 PM
Where is Ian Williams, Jim Sewell and the Pieman?

22-09-2021, 12:30 PM

Doesn't the Pieman live in Melbourne?

22-09-2021, 12:34 PM
Doesn't the Pieman live in Melbourne?
Yeah he does, just adding some more WA luminaries to our lineage.

22-09-2021, 12:47 PM

Don't forget Zephaniah Skinner :)

22-09-2021, 12:54 PM
Don't forget Zephaniah Skinner :)

And other cult figures in Brennan Stack A Go Go and Doogs Droogs Andrew McDougall.

Seriously though Brad Hardie is one I thought may have been there. Is he still in radio in WA?

22-09-2021, 12:57 PM
Shaggy looks like a Matt Canavan "working man" promo photo.

22-09-2021, 01:02 PM
And other cult figures in Brennan Stack A Go Go and Doogs Droogs Andrew McDougall.

Seriously though Brad Hardie is one I thought may have been there. Is he still in radio in WA?

I think he is?

22-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Speaking of Cananvan, where’s Mark West?

22-09-2021, 01:48 PM
Speaking of Cananvan, where’s Mark West?

He is on the Marngrook Radio Show on Saturday ...

Marngrook Radio Shows big Grand Final Edition !!!!
Guests include :
Ex- Demon - Bulldog -Stephen Powell
Ex -Demon - Bulldog John Reid
Ex-Doggies Star Mark West ,
Ex Demon-Bulldog Les “Lelly”Bamblett
Bulldog Legend Doug Hawkins
Also for a bit of fun ..Too well known legendary musicians from some of Australia’s legendary bands.
Wilbur Wilde ( Melbourne Supporter ) OL’55 , Jo jo zep Falcons , Hey hey it’s Saturday
Bruce Allan ( Bulldog supporter )
Dynamic Hypnotics , OL’55
Will go head to head in “Battle of the Sax’s “ to test there Footy Knowledge …
Join Grant Hansen , journalist Steven Milne & Michael Lynch for all you need to know about the big game .
All the fun starts this Saturday morning from 9-11 am tune into 3KND -1503- am….also available on the IHeart app , Streaming and Digital Radio …!!!
Spread the word “ It’s Marngrook”

22-09-2021, 02:50 PM
Brad Hardie?

22-09-2021, 03:46 PM
Brad Hardie?

Pretty sure Brad Hardie lives in Melbourne. Yes, does Perth radio every day but I think it's all remote.

22-09-2021, 04:38 PM
Pretty sure Brad Hardie lives in Melbourne. Yes, does Perth radio every day but I think it's all remote.

I was confused as I knew he did Perth radio.

22-09-2021, 07:34 PM
My 4 year old daughter had a dream last night. In it, she saw fireworks and the doggies winning. Just so happens that river fire (biggest fireworks event in Brisbane) is on this Saturday night and there’s also a game of footy happening.

The Lord has spoken through the mouth of a child.

23-09-2021, 07:57 PM
I've been calm up until now but starting to get a bit Roman-sandal-ish. I know if we bring our best we don't lose. Hoping all the boys play with the freedom and intensity that makes us deadly. Damn, now I'm more nervous !!!

23-09-2021, 08:43 PM
3/14 "experts" in The Age tipped us to win, and one of them was Bob Murphy!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/expert-tips

Interestingly the reader poll has it as 55% Melbourne and 45% Bulldogs. Let's see who's right.

23-09-2021, 08:51 PM
3/14 "experts" in The Age tipped us to win, and one of them was Bob Murphy!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/expert-tips

Interestingly the reader poll has it as 55% Melbourne and 45% Bulldogs. Let's see who's right.

Why don’t you ever cite the footy ‘experts’ at Breitbart. I’m starting to think you aren’t widely read.

23-09-2021, 09:10 PM
Why don’t you ever cite the footy ‘experts’ at Breitbart. I’m starting to think you aren’t widely read.

Bannon loves the Dees defensive wall.

23-09-2021, 09:17 PM
Bannon loves the Dees defensive wall.

So when we win it’s wall to wall ‘the Deep State Bulldogs stole it’ then?

23-09-2021, 10:04 PM

I'm happy in my echo chamber where I'm safe and secure, thanks.