PDA

View Full Version : Things for media & industry haters to discredit a possible Bulldogs Premiership?

bulldogtragic
12-09-2021, 12:52 AM
They hated the preseason bye. They hung it on us since.

So my guess, is the bye coming up. We’ve played straight through and get a rest before the GF. Melbourne will have had two weeks off. Game. Off. Game. Off. Game.

So when we legitimately beat them by playing like we did tonight. They’ll say the extra week off disadvantaged Melbourne.

So what else will they come up with like last time in a failed attempt to take our shine off?

jeemak
12-09-2021, 12:54 AM
Neale Daniher will be weaponised. And for some reason Gary Lyon will be as well after they bring the Jimmy Stynes legacy into it.

Forget anything else, these are the things that will permeate the commentariat's output this coming fortnight.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
12-09-2021, 12:55 AM
They hated the preseason bye. They hung it on us since.

So my guess, is the bye coming up. We’ve played straight through and get a rest before the GF. Melbourne will have had two weeks off. Game. Off. Game. Off. Game.

So when we legitimately beat them by playing like we did tonight. They’ll say the extra week off disadvantaged Melbourne.

So what else will they come up with like last time in a failed attempt to take our shine off?

So, how unfair is it that poor Melbourne had to spend two weeks with unstructured time.....whilst the Dog's got to double down on the 'us vs them' mentality by hanging out in a bubble....so unfair.....

jeemak
12-09-2021, 01:03 AM
So, how unfair is it that poor Melbourne had to spend two weeks with unstructured time.....whilst the Dog's got to double down on the 'us vs them' mentality by hanging out in a bubble....so unfair.....

Yeah, but I heard they had ball in a cup to play and keep the busy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkaXJKL38BI

angelopetraglia
12-09-2021, 01:41 AM
Neale Daniher will be weaponised. And for some reason Gary Lyon will be as well after they bring the Jimmy Stynes legacy into it.

Forget anything else, these are the things that will permeate the commentariat's output this coming fortnight.

Surely Gary Lyon has burnt some bridges. Shacking up with one of your best mates Wife can’t go down well. Left a bitter taste in a lot of people’s mouth.

However, who cares. If the footy world hates us because we are winning. I don’t mind. Bring it.

The bulldog tragician
12-09-2021, 01:43 AM
Why is Barassi somehow a sentimental talisman, I’d like to know.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2021, 01:51 AM

He left Melbourne in one of the greatest ever VFL/AFL betrayals. Don't get it.

Grantysghost
12-09-2021, 01:51 AM
Surely Gary Lyon has burnt some bridges. Shacking up with one of your best mates Wife can’t go down well. Left a bitter taste in a lot of people’s mouth.

However, who cares. If the footy world hates us because we are winning. I don’t mind. Bring it.

Carey did that and then glassed his missus, still AFL royalty.

The bulldog tragician
12-09-2021, 01:57 AM
He left Melbourne in one of the greatest every VFL/AFL betrayals. Don't get it.

Exactly. Also coached Carlton, North and Sydney.

SonofScray
12-09-2021, 02:01 AM
Exactly. Also coached Carlton, North and Sydney.
And he is a boring, insufferable fool. Sheedy is the only other person in that older, ex AFL personality group that I dislike more.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2021, 02:04 AM
They cant whine about the free kick count tonight. Port 22. Dogs 16.

The bulldog tragician
12-09-2021, 02:06 AM
And he is a boring, insufferable fool. Sheedy is the only other person in that older, ex AFL personality group that I dislike more.

Thought it was just me. Can always count on you SOS!

ratsmac
12-09-2021, 02:55 AM
They cant whine about the free kick count tonight. Port 22. Dogs 16.

Don't worry they'll find a way!

jeemak
12-09-2021, 02:58 AM

How many media gigs does Gary have vs. Billy?

Wife beaters, adulterers, sex offenders, drunk drivers etc. etc. are pretty much the only people who get gigs these days.*

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dick's out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.

angelopetraglia
12-09-2021, 03:02 AM

Wife beaters, adulterers, sex offenders, drunk drivers etc. etc. are pretty much the only people who get gigs these days.*

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dicks out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.

Sad state of affairs. How is Carey part of the prime time channel 7 Friday night team? Besides being a poor human. He offers nothing in terms of special comments. I just don't get it.

The Underdog
12-09-2021, 03:03 AM

*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dicks out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.

Dicks? Are we talking multiple players or one very special one?

jeemak
12-09-2021, 03:06 AM
Sad state of affairs. How is Carey part of the prime time channel 7 Friday night team? Besides being a poor human. He offers nothing in terms of special comments. I just don't get it.

Because he's an adulterer and a sex offender. Who is good at footy. Considered the best at footy because the carry on about the horrible boner shins from the seventies kept on going through the nineties within the media elite.

Wayne Carey was a legend on the footy field, but he wasn't the best. He was a piece of shit off it, but that was ignored because of the above.

jeemak
12-09-2021, 03:07 AM

I put an apostrophe into my original post. Multiple players, both in the media now.

azabob
12-09-2021, 01:21 PM
My favourite will be how the week off won us the 2016 and 2021 flag.

Cause, you know, in 2016 the other 7 finalist did not get a week off in 2016 and neither did Melbourne in 2021.

1eyedog
12-09-2021, 01:27 PM
Who cares me any my mates overdubbed the 2016 grand final. It's the only version I'll watch and I love it.

EasternWest
12-09-2021, 08:22 PM
*That's not true, you also get a gig if you get your dick's out in front of school girls and have photos published to prove it.

You what now?

Sedat
12-09-2021, 09:26 PM
Sheedy is the only other person in that older, ex AFL personality group that I dislike more.
Sheedy is the only former coach of Essendon still alive to have coached a finals win.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-09-2021, 11:33 PM
I have opposite view. Old enough to remember Barrasi and Whitten as rival Mr Footballs, Barrassi the personality in a dominamt Melbourme FC era. Mu dad played reserves with them. Barassi was alwas considered Melbourne first.
Why does YHF call this Melb team most hated ever?
I understand they are our rivals but conratulations to MFC for finally making it to GF for first time since '64 when we beat you as we will again.

Twodogs
12-09-2021, 11:42 PM
You what now?

I think Jee is looking for a job commentating the footy. Either that or he wants to be a Freemason.

Twodogs
12-09-2021, 11:50 PM
I have opposite view. Old enough to remember Barrasi and Whitten as rival Mr Footballs, Barrassi the personality in a dominamt Melbourme FC era. Mu dad played reserves with them. Barassi was alwas considered Melbourne first.
I understand they are our rivals but conratulations to MFC for finally making it to GF for first time since '64 when we beat you as we will again.

I'm half and half. I met Ron Barrassi once and he was lovely. He patiently answered the lifetime of questions I had stored away in my mind to ask Ron Barrassi if ever I ran into him but I also understand why anyone would hate the current Melbourne playing list. They are a pack of arrogant tools. They've achieved nothing but they strut around like they own the joint.

bornadog
13-09-2021, 12:03 AM
I'm half and half. I met Ron Barrassi once and he was lovely. He patiently answered the lifetime of questions I had stored away in my mind to ask Ron Barrassi if ever I ran into him but I also understand why anyone would hate the current Melbourne playing list. They are a pack of arrogant tools. They've achieved nothing but they strut around like they own the joint.

Pretty sure Barrass these days has dementia. Doesn't really know what s going on.

EasternWest
13-09-2021, 12:05 AM
I think Jee is looking for a job commentating the footy. Either that or he wants to be a Freemason.

You what now?

jeemak
13-09-2021, 12:09 AM
You what now?

There were players at a particular club that had players involved with an underage girl. This resulted in pics of their doodles being put out there. These guys now have lucrative media careers.

jeemak
13-09-2021, 12:20 AM

The taunting of Mitch Hannan about "going back to Casey" was distasteful at best and disrespectful at worst. It essentially signaled to Melbourne seconds players that their firsts thought less of them.

I've heard a few bits and pieces around how they're particularly full of themselves, and in my view it really shows on the field.

boydogs
13-09-2021, 02:05 AM
1. Free kicks if we win the count
2. In game injury if they get one
3. More continuity given the week off before the GF

Happy Days
13-09-2021, 02:14 AM

Maybe he meant these guys?

https://youtu.be/HDwSqERSSh0

Pretty perfect track given who we’re playing next tbh.

hujsh
13-09-2021, 02:24 AM
The taunting of Mitch Hannan about "going back to Casey" was distasteful at best and disrespectful at worst. It essentially signaled to Melbourne seconds players that their firsts thought less of them.

I've heard a few bits and pieces around how they're particularly full of themselves, and in my view it really shows on the field.

Tom Boyd said he couldn't stand them in the recent Danny/Boyd podcast (good recommendation BTW YHF).
Said he couldn't understand how they could be so mouthy and arrogant without having won any games at that point (2016 or so). Not good at sledging just annoying.

comrade
13-09-2021, 07:17 AM
Tom Boyd said he couldn't stand them in the recent Danny/Boyd podcast (good recommendation BTW YHF).
Said he couldn't understand how they could be so mouthy and arrogant without having won any games at that point (2016 or so). Not good at sledging just annoying.

Oliver was pointing to the scoreboard on the weekend and a bunch of them laughed in Selwood’s face after he gave away 50 (Selwood is a dick but respect your elders you flogs). Would love to see the tears and dribble and snot coagulated on Max Gawn’s ugly beard after the siren blows and we win.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Bailey Smith said the boys have a strong rivalry with them. That we think we’re the underdogs to them and will take it up to them.

comrade
13-09-2021, 08:15 AM
Bailey Smith said the boys have a strong rivalry with them. That we think we’re the underdogs to them and will take it up to them.

Plenty for Bevo to work with over the next few weeks.

azabob
13-09-2021, 08:22 AM
I said what now??

Mate, the burden of proof is on you to prove you didn't say it! :D

I am thinking BID54 meant to type someone else and not YHF?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-09-2021, 08:26 AM

I said they were the most unlikable team EVER... and whilst that was probably a stretch... I stand by the claim that they're not a very likable bunch... the taunt of Hannan as Jeemak mentioned is just woefully disrespectful to a former colleague. For a team that has achieved 4 fifths' of Sweet FA... they're a very lippy bunch with a touch of faux tough guy thrown in for good measure. See Viney's cheap shot on Sam Collins throat. Bailey Frtisch has off the chart levels of punchability oozing from him as well.
With the exception perhaps of Maxy they just don't seem likable and I would hate for us to be the team that allowed them to break their premiership drought.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2021, 08:29 AM
Plenty for Bevo to work with over the next few weeks.

Yep. Nice of those arrogant flogs to give us even more incentive to smash them. Our guys seem not to like them at all.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
13-09-2021, 08:33 AM
Mate, the burden of proof is on you to prove you didn't say it! :D

I am thinking BID54 meant to type someone else and not YHF?

No.. I just discovered I did say they were the most unlikable team ever.... things were getting pretty purple for me by 11pm! :)

Mantis
13-09-2021, 09:03 AM

This is all parts wrong.

'64 was the last time they won a flag.. they've made it twice in my lifetime (1988 & 2000) when they got smacked by superior teams, not sure what happened from '65 to '88, well in '87 they had the Jimmy Stynes incident in the PF.... and we beat them in '54.

Ozza
13-09-2021, 10:49 AM
I will be absolutely furious if there is a media narrative following us winning that the Dees only played twice in 4 weeks leading up to the game. This was always the case in the old final 5 system, which was widely understood to be the fairest system we've ever had and led to the top team winning often.

As for Melbourne, everything I've heard from people in the footy industry is that is is a very unlikable playing group.

bulldogsthru&thru
13-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Sounds like GWS of a few years ago.

azabob
13-09-2021, 10:56 AM
I will be absolutely furious if there is a media narrative following us winning that the Dees only played twice in 4 weeks leading up to the game. This was always the case in the old final 5 system, which was widely understood to be the fairest system we've ever had and led to the top team winning often.

As for Melbourne, everything I've heard from people in the footy industry is that is is a very unlikable playing group.

Of course that will be the narrative. You can see it a mile away.

Mantis
13-09-2021, 11:00 AM

Let the salty tears flow! It's still fun dealing with ''The Dogs only won the 2016 flag cause of the umpires yadda yadda yadda...''

Grantysghost
13-09-2021, 11:01 AM
Of course that will be the narrative. You can see it a mile away.

Considering the conditions this would be the greatest flag ever for the dogs.
Narrative wise we can't lose.

We lose - not a real gf uneven playing field massive asterisk.
We win - greatest GF win ever.

Bulldog4life
13-09-2021, 11:10 AM

Because he is Mrs. Football as Teddy regularly told him.

The bulldog tragician
13-09-2021, 11:16 AM
Because he is Mrs. Football as Teddy regularly told him.

It's more about some ridiculous notion of winning it for him as though he was a Melbourne icon.. He is just as strongly associated with North, Carlton and Sydney and his evangelism about a national competition would have seen clubs like melb go to the wall - not that their supporters put up much of a fight on this, voting to merge with Hawthorn.

Sedat
13-09-2021, 11:20 AM
Let the salty tears flow! It's still fun dealing with ''The Dogs only won the 2016 flag cause of the umpires yadda yadda yadda...''
And the pre-finals bye. That's a favourite go-to for Chris Scott - maybe he can get a special exemption to visit the nursing home and tell his senior players again.

Ozza
13-09-2021, 11:24 AM

Texted mates on the weekend at half time that "Free kicks are 14-6 in Port's favour. The umpires have had no influence, but if it was 14-6 in our favour everyone would be saying that 'the bulldogs get all the free kicks'."

On that note, was interesting to hear Bob Murphy say that it was a specific strategy from Bevo when he arrived at the club to play in a way that avoids giving away unnecessary free kicks. Its smart strategy - but nobody who reports on football is clued up enough to discuss WHY were are usually on the better end of the count. We choose to take up the front spot as defenders, even if this means we occasionally get done out the back. We are otherwise determined to be first in at the ball and tackle with good technique.

comrade
13-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Texted mates on the weekend at half time that "Free kicks are 14-6 in Port's favour. The umpires have had no influence, but if it was 14-6 in our favour everyone would be saying that 'the bulldogs get all the free kicks'."

On that note, was interesting to hear Bob Murphy say that it was a specific strategy from Bevo when he arrived at the club to play in a way that avoids giving away unnecessary free kicks. Its smart strategy - but nobody who reports on football is clued up enough to discuss WHY were are usually on the better end of the count. We choose to take up the front spot as defenders, even if this means we occasionally get done out the back. We are otherwise determined to be first in at the ball and tackle with good technique.

Bevo specifically mentioned in his presser that he was unhappy with some undisciplined free kicks we gave away in the 3rd as Port were pressing. It's clearly by design that we do whatever we can not to cough up free kicks and let the opposition take possession.

jeemak
13-09-2021, 12:05 PM
He literally said in the media in 2016 that we train/ play specifically to avoid giving away free kicks. It's hidden in plain sight!

bulldogtragic
13-09-2021, 12:08 PM
He literally said in the media in 2016 that we train/ play specifically to avoid giving away free kicks. It's hidden in plain sight!

So you’re saying we duck to get free kicks?

choconmientay
13-09-2021, 12:22 PM
Got to work this morning and my peers seemed to run a hidden agenda against us and trying to get the Daemon to this years premiership.
- 1 salty Bomber supporter
- 1 not so happy Brisbane supporter
- 2 bitter Swan supporters, still not getting over 2016
- Others wanted to have a PS just for Daniher (because he deserved it ...)
- Others wanted Deamon PS just because they haven't won anything for soo long.

- None for the dogs. I am back to the wall. Go doggggss!. May need to consider swapping work team, company.

Grantysghost
13-09-2021, 12:35 PM
Got to work this morning and my peers seemed to run a hidden agenda against us and trying to get the Daemon to this years premiership.
- 1 salty Bomber supporter
- 1 not so happy Brisbane supporter
- 2 bitter Swan supporters, still not getting over 2016
- Others wanted to have a PS just for Daniher (because he deserved it ...)
- Others wanted Deamon PS just because they haven't won anything for soo long.

- None for the dogs. I am back to the wall. Go doggggss!. May need to consider swapping work team, company.

It's what we've always wanted as Dogs fans... To be good! No more sympathy, no more poor old Dogs nice to see them win a game.
No fk that!
We are good, they know it, they hate it (westies should know their place!) so embrace it mate...! Means we are doing it right.

Ozza
13-09-2021, 12:52 PM
Not sure which thread is most appropriate - maybe its the 'anti' things to discredit us.....

But I absolutely love how the whole club has handled every bit of the last 3-4 weeks. All the travel and over the top protocols and testing. The fact that we didn't bemoan the Brisbane timekeeper which essentially cost us top 4 publicly - we just pushed on, and even soldiered on about playing in Launceston rather than the preferred Adelaide. And really the only dissent from our club in the whole time was Bevo going hard about not being able to train before the game - which I think may have been more for the players and the 'us against them' anyway, with him using it tactically.

We avoid the Chris Scott style excuses model entirely which I think contributes to our success this month.

Bevo is having a very good month on a number of fronts really. He's at his best. And his 7-3 finals record has him as the second highest all time win % of all coaches that have had 10 finals or more.

Twodogs
13-09-2021, 12:57 PM
You what now?

I'm full of surprises.

bulldogsthru&thru
14-09-2021, 10:13 AM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/melbourne-demons/afl-grand-final-2021-pregrand-final-bye-why-is-there-a-bye-week-melbourne-disadvantaged-one-game-in-28-days-news/news-story/a6278a0b5b2ae380c6a57dc1789b3337?fbclid=IwAR2Av2tuASuFWKKQ7T 0S85SZzwrRFmvgsuZiwbcuWgCrK-pXkiLMi9HqTyo

It’s begun. Would they have preferred to travel for 4 weeks and live in a hotel room with minimal training? We’re gonna have to go all the way back to the very first finals series to find the only even premier I think.
Also the article says we get back Keath and Weightman with the bye but Melbourne “only” have May racing the clock. Well, Cody would have played no matter when the game was. And they also failed to do any comparison of the number of teams between 00-15 who lost the prelim after winning the first week. They just said “a much worse %”. Great journalism and analysis here.

An unfair Dees-advantage? Why pre-GF bye and ‘glorified practice match’ may hurt Melbourne

Brisbane champion Jonathan Brown believes Melbourne is disadvantaged by the pre-Grand Final bye, playing just one game in 28 days which he called a "glorified practice match”.

Having won their qualifying final and earning a bye week, along with the bye between the preliminary finals and Grand Final, the Demons will head into September 25 having played just one game since August 28.

It’s an issue reminiscent of the pre-finals bye, used between 2016 and 2020, which saw qualifying final winners playing just one game in four weeks heading into their home preliminary finals.

Those sides appeared impacted by the lack of match practice, winning just four of their 10 home prelims, a much worse percentage than 2000-15 when there was no pre-finals bye.

The Western Bulldogs will use the bye to recover from three consecutive finals wins, and it will ensure key defender Alex Keath (hamstring) and young forward Cody Weightman (concussion) can recover from injuries.

Only Steven May, who felt hamstring tightness during the comfortable preliminary final win over Geelong, is racing the clock to play in the Grand Final for Melbourne.

On Fox Footy’s On the Couch, Brown argued the Demons will be disadvantaged by the combination of the bye and a woeful Geelong outfit which barely challenged them.

“I think it’s a really interesting case study, and it’s advantage Western Bulldogs for mine. Melbourne are clearly rock hard and fit, but there’s no substitute for matches,” he said.

“Unfortunately Friday night, I might’ve altered my opinion slightly if they’d had a hard match, but that was a glorified practice match. Some Geelong players were sick and they absolutely demolished them.

“They’re gonna play one game in 28 days, so the deconditioning aspect is a concern for mine, whereas the Bulldogs they need the break. They get a couple of players back from injury, Keath and Weightman, obviously Stefan Martin will be freshened up after his first game back, they look like they’re peaking nicely and a freshen-up will be perfect for them.

“Ultimately we have to wait two weeks to find out, but that’s a little concern for me; the Demons conditioners are gonna have to be absolutely on their A-game for the next fortnight to get these guys in ripping nick.”

The Demons had a light training session on Monday and will play an intra-club scratch match on Saturday.

“We’re very lucky that we had the experience two weeks ago where we were in this exact position and we’re putting our trust in the experts,” Alex Neal-Bullen told reporters on Monday.

“(Performance manager) Darren Burgess is going to put in a program that we trust, and this is our day one of building towards Saturday in two weeks’ time.

“We’ve got a massive hit-out on Saturday that we’re looking forward to that we’ll prepare for like a game, and hopefully get a lot out of.

“I’m that confident in the group we have here that we’ll perform at the level again if we do everything right over the next 14 days.”

St Kilda great Nick Riewoldt pointed out that we’ll only know for sure if a team was advantaged in the aftermath - and even then, we won’t really know if the bye was a factor - using an example from his past.

When his Saints drew with Collingwood in 2010, the two sides had different post-game plans.

“We’ll only know if it was helpful or not retrospectively; for the winning club, they’ll have found little wins in it somewhere along the line, and for the side that loses, they will have done something wrong,” he said on Fox Footy.

“2010, when we lost the replay, we didn’t go to our after-match function and Collingwood did. And that many people want to draw the correlation between those decisions, and one was right and one was wrong, because of the result the next week.”

jeemak
14-09-2021, 04:13 PM
One in 28 sounds bad, but three in thirty doesn't sound as rough.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Covid ruined it. If the game was at the MCG, their home ground it’s a 100% different result…. Put an * next to this years GF because they were denied a home GF……

bornadog
25-09-2021, 01:23 PM
Covid ruined it. If the game was at the MCG, their home ground it’s a 100% different result…. Put an * next to this years GF because they were denied a home GF……

and they only had 2 games in 28 days due to Covid

1eyedog
25-09-2021, 02:39 PM
Heard David Noble on the ABC a few minutes ago saying he thinks we'll be too strong. Thinks it will be a game of metres and Libba and Macrae will be critical. Says we can't kick it to Lever.

jeemak
25-09-2021, 02:45 PM
Heard David Noble on the ABC a few minutes ago saying he thinks we'll be too strong. Thinks it will be a game of metres and Libba and Macrae will be critical. Says we can't kick it to Lever.

Well he's obviously a dickhead who hasn't read the script, making a fool of himself on radio like that!

1eyedog
25-09-2021, 02:46 PM
Well he's obviously a dickhead who hasn't read the script, making a fool of himself on radio like that!

A voice of reason is totally unreasonable at a time like this.

Grantysghost
25-09-2021, 03:47 PM

We can't go 25 out.

Has to be short or deep entries to take this flake out of the game.

Can't believe they reward these guys with AA

comrade
25-09-2021, 04:38 PM
We can't go 25 out.

Has to be short or deep entries to take this flake out of the game.

Can't believe they reward these guys with AA

Lever thinks he’s gods gift to defending yet he has the easiest job in footy. Peeling off and playing on his own, spare me.

Grantysghost
25-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Lever thinks he’s gods gift to defending yet he has the easiest job in footy. Peeling off and playing on his own, spare me.

Somewhat agree.

But I blame the coaches.

You know what they're doing, and he's the master at reading the play an absolute genius.

So, make him earn it. No in between entries. Make him have an opponent.

These guys aren't that good.

GVGjr
25-09-2021, 05:24 PM

Schache will hopefully make him accountable.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-09-2021, 05:37 PM
Fox Media on GF gameday its still an all in Demons lovefest. Any mention of the Dogs is almost as an embarrassing afterthought.
I really, really want us to ruin Melbourne and the footy media's party, and then watch them try and re-write their narrative post match...that would be some fancy footwork.

DOG GOD
25-09-2021, 05:45 PM
Fox Media on GF gameday its still an all in Demons lovefest. Any mention of the Dogs is almost as an embarrassing afterthought.
I really, really want us to ruin Melbourne and the footy media's party, and then watch them try and re-write their narrative post match...that would be some fancy footwork.

I agree. Interviews with Lyon, nath Jones and segments on Gawn and May with pretty much no mention of dogs.
Pathetic.

Doc26
25-09-2021, 05:48 PM
Please no one turn onto 3AW Football. Leigh Matthews, Caroline Wilson and Bartel now all banging on how unfair it’s been on Melbourne, and how we’ve been given a leg up as a result.

It seems that we still haven’t earned the right to hold the Cup aloft by these outsiders.

Infuriating :mad:

Grantysghost
25-09-2021, 05:53 PM
Please no one turn onto 3AW Football. Leigh Matthews, Caroline Wilson and Bartel now all banging on how unfair it’s been on Melbourne, and how we’ve been given a leg up as a result.

It seems that we still haven’t earned the right to hold the Cup aloft by these outsiders.

They are paid to push a narrative. It's actually not the truth.

My process is - what's their motivation (money usually)

DOG GOD
25-09-2021, 05:54 PM

That’s ridiculous. Dogs have toured the entire country through the finals. They win and it’s 1 of the most impressive finials series ever. Launceston to Brisbane to Adelaide to Perth all from 5th. All being in lockdown. Defeat port and lions at home. Where’s that story. God I hope we flogged em.

Grantysghost
25-09-2021, 05:55 PM

Fox = the bourgeoisie up.

Why even let them infiltrate your brain.

SquirrelGrip
25-09-2021, 06:05 PM
I’m currently watching our club’s Grand Final Preview Show in the lead up to the game. It’s not particularly inciteful but it’s joyfully bereft of any mention of the Dees. It’s calming in a brainless sort of way.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
25-09-2021, 06:13 PM
Fox = the bourgeoisie up.

Why even let them infiltrate your brain.

There was a part of me that thought, surely after 2 weeks of fawning over Melbourne, there would be at least some balance on the actual day itself.

Grantysghost
25-09-2021, 06:21 PM
There was a part of me that thought, surely after 2 weeks of fawning over Melbourne, there would be at least some balance on the actual day itself.

Fail (Love you)