View Full Version : 2021 Grand Final - Practical Questions

13-09-2021, 12:21 PM
Can we ask WCE or Freo to help us make a banner?

The Bullgods Banner was iconic in 2016. Would be nice to have a GF banner.

13-09-2021, 01:23 PM
A practical question answered. Our traditional jumper is being worn.

Another question not yet answered as posed in another thread. Who will present the cup to us?

13-09-2021, 01:28 PM
I know worsfold and Embly for the norm smith

Simon Beasley would be good to present the cup seen him about the place at WA games

13-09-2021, 01:33 PM
Another practicality. I just read from the AFEL rules about the sub: the medical sub, even if not activated, shall receive a Premiership Medal.

13-09-2021, 01:35 PM
Another practicality. I just read from the AFEL rules about the sub: the medical sub, even if not activated, shall receive a Premiership Medal.

All medical subs get credited with a game.

13-09-2021, 01:41 PM
I know worsfold and Embly for the norm smith

Simon Beasley would be good to present the cup seen him about the place at WA games

Has Beasley moved back to Perth? I thought he lived in Melbourne.

Who are our other WA based ex-players? Danny Southern? Brad Hardie? Andrew Purser?

Perhaps we just get Chris Grant to do it as one of our all time greats?

13-09-2021, 01:47 PM
All medical subs get credited with a game.

I knew that part. I was not sure if they’d grant a precious premiership medal to someone who may not even play. Essentially just another emergency who don’t get them. But they do get a medal, so that’s good for the sub.

13-09-2021, 04:11 PM
Also there is no chance both subs don't get used.

14-09-2021, 04:24 PM
Has Beasley moved back to Perth? I thought he lived in Melbourne.

Who are our other WA based ex-players? Danny Southern? Brad Hardie? Andrew Purser?

Perhaps we just get Chris Grant to do it as one of our all time greats?

I called it! Chris Grant to present the cup. Garry Lying to do it should Melbourne somehow win.

14-09-2021, 04:25 PM
I called it! Chris Grant to present the cup. Garry Lying to do it should Melbourne somehow win.

I will never forget that prick knocking Chris out in the 1994 final. Dirty act.

Hopefully Chris can stick it right up him.

14-09-2021, 04:41 PM
Can we ask WCE or Freo to help us make a banner?

The Bullgods Banner was iconic in 2016. Would be nice to have a GF banner.

There are over three thousand Perth based Bulldogs members; I would hope the WA Western Bulldogs Assoc. can get something good together. (Love some inspiration from Danny)

14-09-2021, 04:55 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_OIWMwVEAUPbvE?format=jpg&name=medium

14-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Wait for media influencers to be constantly calling out his our footy boss. You just know crocmedia has heaps to try to troll the club with.

But *!*!*!*! them. It’s Us vs The World.

14-09-2021, 08:28 PM
Why can’t Victorian’s attend the grand final? Is this a practical question?

16-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Not getting ahead of ourselves, a penny for your thought though:

1. If we wee good enough to win, in photos after the medal presentation, do you think this group sees itself as one and its just enthusiastic hand gestures from everyone. Or would the players with two premiership wins celebrate (as has become the norm) with two fingers indicating they’ve won 2?

2. If successful, do you think anyone would go out on a high and retire on top? Wood or Duryea (both contracted for 2022), or Martin?

3. Who will Bevo give his medal to this time?

16-09-2021, 03:22 PM
1. Yeah, why not?
2.If I was SSEW I couldn't think of a better time to go. Duryea stays because he's still a quiet gun.
3. Nobody but he'll dedicate it to Josh Bruce.
4. The waiting is starting to get to you :).

16-09-2021, 03:26 PM
1. Yeah, why not?
2.If I was SSEW I couldn't think of a better time to go. Duryea stays because he's still a quiet gun.
3. Nobody but he'll dedicate it to Josh Bruce.
4. The waiting is starting to get to you :).

Yep. Was cruising yesterday and my subconscious is thinking Thursday arvo after a PF. That means teams in 4 hours...

See the things I/we do for the team so they can get a week off and hit Melbourne between the eyes.

17-09-2021, 04:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_daxwQVgAYEMNV?format=jpg&name=large

17-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Hey Twodogs or older woofers, in 1954 was the tradition of a club representative handing over the cup in place?

I ask as the club that I know is just Gentleman John & Turtle. It’s a rare club to be in.

18-09-2021, 08:31 AM
Will we name our sub Thursday? And not just before?

I’m assuming so as the parade and formal stuff would probably be clearer if the sub is done Thursday?

18-09-2021, 08:41 AM
Will we name our sub Thursday? And not just before?

I’m assuming so as the parade and formal stuff would probably be clearer if the sub is done Thursday?

There isn't a parade this year. I imagine they'll just name the 22 + emergencies on Thursday, and lock in the sub an hour prior like usual.

18-09-2021, 08:59 AM
Also, the 2019 Premiership prize money was $1.2M but got slashed last year. I’m assuming it’s still slashed. But even if it’s $600,000+. That and merchandise sales would put millions into the club while the other clubs struggle. Like last try time the win is amazing, but the cash set us up to grow and expand as a club and facilities. I assume the players still get something direct from the afel. That’d be nice to point out to some big contracts next year too. The cash could amazing for us.

18-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Also, the 2019 Premiership prize money was $1.2M but got slashed last year. I’m assuming it’s still slashed. But even if it’s $600,000+. That and merchandise sales would put millions into the club while the other clubs struggle. Like last try time the win is amazing, but the cash set us up to grow and expand as a club and facilities. I assume the players still get something direct from the afel. That’d be nice to point out to some big contracts next year too. The cash could amazing for us.

Not to mention that theoretically the reigning premier should get a much better broadcast schedule (more free to air/more Friday nights/less Sunday etc

18-09-2021, 03:06 PM

Funny!

18-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Hey Twodogs or older woofers, in 1954 was the tradition of a club representative handing over the cup in place?

I ask as the club that I know is just Gentleman John & Turtle. It’s a rare club to be in.

Don't know BT although I read that thousands of supporters descended onto the ground and carried the victorious Footscray players into the rooms.

18-09-2021, 04:48 PM
30*C in Perth on Wednesday and 21* Friday. Fine.
When do we train on an oval please?

18-09-2021, 06:03 PM
Don't know BT although I read that thousands of supporters descended onto the ground and carried the victorious Footscray players into the rooms.

Doesn’t sound very COVID Safe to me. Please tell me the crowd had PPE and everyone was quarantined for 14 days after.