View Full Version : Who's going to the big dance?

14-09-2021, 06:56 PM
Secured my tics, who else is off to the dance?

14-09-2021, 07:36 PM
Secured my tics, who else is off to the dance?

That's awesome Danny.

14-09-2021, 07:51 PM
Cheer hard Danny!

14-09-2021, 08:09 PM
I’ll be there, and thanks to the help of some great people on WOOF, so is my family.

14-09-2021, 08:41 PM
I'm going with the fam-bam. Much like scraggers, thanks to some great woofers I was able to secure some extra seats for the in-laws and their extended mob who all cheer rwb.

14-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Unfortunately no and I gotta tell you it's bloody tough. Having your team that you've supported your whole life through thick and thin often on the smell of an oily rag success wise play in a Grand Final that you cannot go to is one of the worse feelings I've ever experienced and about as bad as it gets.

My jubilation that we have another chance to win a cup versus not being able to see it is a cruel dichotomy. That feeling is also mirrored in lockdown in terms of it helping me get through at the moment yet lockdown is the reason I can't go. Yep thank the Dogs of old I saw 2016. I remember well the beers and walking into the ground with Scraggers on that incredible day. Enjoy this one mate.

Im just going to enjoy it from now. Giving the barcode away was emotional but I think we may get a few looks at this over the next 5 years.

15-09-2021, 12:13 AM
Went to the prelim, that was very satisfying. Locked in for the GF, have to make the most of them as they only come around every 5 years ;)

15-09-2021, 09:37 AM
Me! With a non posting mate that lives in Perth that was also at the 2016 GF with me. We chat regularly via messages re dogs results and have been signing off most messages with a WAGWTF signature for the last ten or so years. Now has been changed to WAGWTFA

Cant believe it

As i posted on Twitter last night

@Gougoodthing64
·
13h
Waiting for the
@westernbulldogs
to play in a grand final is like waiting for a bus. After 55 years wait two turn up within 5 years. #AFLGF #AFL

15-09-2021, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately no and I gotta tell you it's bloody tough. Having your team that you've supported your whole life through thick and thin often on the smell of an oily rag success wise play in a Grand Final that you cannot go to is one of the worse feelings I've ever experienced and about as bad as it gets.

My jubilation that we have another chance to win a cup versus not being able to see it is a cruel dichotomy. That feeling is also mirrored in lockdown in terms of it helping me get through at the moment yet lockdown is the reason I can't go. Yep thank the Dogs of old I saw 2016. I remember well the beers and walking into the ground with Scraggers on that incredible day. Enjoy this one mate.

Im just going to enjoy it from now. Giving the barcode away was emotional but I think we may get a few looks at this over the next 5 years.

In a word YEP...

Last night it hit home, we are in a grand final and I can't go. Gee whizz it hurts as I go to 99% of all Melbourne games.

For the folk who are going, cheer loud and cheer proud

#BeMoreBulldog

15-09-2021, 10:39 AM

Well said 1ed, IMO you have summed up what a lot of us are feeling perfectly.

15-09-2021, 11:07 AM
It sucks we can’t go but I’m just focusing on the up side - our club is in a grand final and for that I’m greatful.

Each day that goes by it sinks in more and more that I wanna win the damn thing.

15-09-2021, 11:19 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_SQwITUUAYPuQ9?format=jpg&name=medium

15-09-2021, 11:34 AM

In a word YEP...

Last night it hit home, we are in a grand final and I can't go. Gee whizz it hurts as I go to 99% of all Melbourne games.

For the folk who are going, cheer loud and cheer proud

#BeMoreBulldog

I was so privileged to see the 2016 Grand Final live. EasternWest secured me a ticket and I am forever thankful. This one is so much more of a privilege. So many of my friends on here will not have this opportunity. I will be there, and I will represent. I will be loud and proud. And when all is said and done, and Marcus is lifting the trophy above his head, my thoughts will be with all members of WOOF that have been there with me through thick and thin.

15-09-2021, 12:16 PM
As really, really annoying as all the people who signed up to the forum for the express purpose of getting a ticket to the game were (and are), the kindness that the forum showed in helping actual members who missed out getting a ticket was incredibly touching.

15-09-2021, 12:19 PM
As really, really annoying as all the people who signed up to the forum for the express purpose of getting a ticket to the game were (and are), the kindness that the forum showed in helping actual members who missed out getting a ticket was incredibly touching.

I was happy to assist with my barcodes to Doggies supporters.

15-09-2021, 02:44 PM
https://tb.westernbulldogs.com.au/tb_app/468645?fbclid=IwAR2DChZhOT96M6o__pqxu6Rfh6BMd7moaBAyjs1oBSZf Lu6bJ62ZuStbBOQ

A flash back to 2016. If this video doesn’t still give you goosebumps you can’t be human.

15-09-2021, 02:52 PM
The recipients of my barcodes are going and got great seats on the half forward flank, about 9 rows back from the boundary.

15-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Won’t be going unfortunately. Good luck to those that will be there.

15-09-2021, 06:08 PM
Won’t be going unfortunately, but we’ll come to those that will be there.

Nephew is living and working in Tassie and was looking at going, but his mate pulled the pin. He said flights were over $1000, plus accommodation etc. He would have paid, but his mate didn't want to.

Not cheap for a family to go.

15-09-2021, 06:49 PM
I was so privileged to see the 2016 Grand Final live. EasternWest secured me a ticket and I am forever thankful. This one is so much more of a privilege. So many of my friends on here will not have this opportunity. I will be there, and I will represent. I will be loud and proud. And when all is said and done, and Marcus is lifting the trophy above his head, my thoughts will be with all members of WOOF that have been there with me through thick and thin.

FINALLY some recognition. Man that was such a wild ride. I had secured tickets from a friend and I promised Scraggers if he didn't get a ticket in the lottery and I got one in the lottery it was his. We spent the whole day refreshing and refreshing but come midnight we were pretty damn crestfallen that there was no email for either of us.

Then I woke up in the morning to a text message that said "you've been allocated a lottery ticket but the card you used to pay has been rejected, call this number by 11 am to secure your ticket".

I've never made a quicker phone call in my life.

But I'm pumped for Scragbro that he can be there with his family this time. I'm PUMPED For all of you guys and girls that can get there.

Cede motherducking Nullis.

15-09-2021, 07:24 PM

Definitely. Happy that someone has my ticket in the hope they can yell 'BALL!' on behalf of the Doggies.

15-09-2021, 10:01 PM
Things like this that make WOOF so great. We have a great community feel on here.

15-09-2021, 10:24 PM
I'm just thankful we all got to experience 2016 in Melbourne, imagine we didn't have that and this was the first GF the most of us are experiencing.

16-09-2021, 07:58 AM
I'm just thankful we all got to experience 2016 in Melbourne, imagine we didn't have that and this was the first GF the most of us are experiencing.

It's the reason most of us aren't on the verge of murdering someone :D

16-09-2021, 10:13 AM
It's the reason most of us aren't on the verge of murdering someone :D

Have I been that obvious?

16-09-2021, 03:20 PM
Nephew is living and working in Tassie and was looking at going, but his mate pulled the pin. He said flights were over $1000, plus accommodation etc. He would have paid, but his mate didn't want to.

Not cheap for a family to go.

Exactly. It was going to cost me $6000 for 3 people to fly from Hobart to Perth return when I checked last Sunday. Add travel, accommodation and food plus footy ticket and it would go close to $9000

16-09-2021, 06:08 PM
Exactly. It was going to cost me $6000 for 3 people to fly from Hobart to Perth return when I checked last Sunday. Add travel, accommodation and food plus footy ticket and it would go close to $9000

Could you have sneaked out on your own :D

16-09-2021, 06:31 PM
Function for WA Supporters

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_Yb9TcUYAQPfwu?format=jpg&name=large

19-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Yep I'll be there seats in the midfield level 1

19-09-2021, 08:11 AM
Function for WA Supporters

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_Yb9TcUYAQPfwu?format=jpg&name=large

I'd be keen to attend I have emailed

19-09-2021, 03:55 PM
Seems that function might be full, according to FB the no response to emails
Can vouch for this also

19-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Can vouch for this also

Did you get a ticket to the function?

19-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Can vouch for this also

Facebook says 25 tickets left (5 minutes ago)

20-09-2021, 08:42 PM
THE AFL with Toyota presents the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final Open Training at Optus Stadium this Friday, 24th September.

The session will allow up to 25,000 AFL fans the chance to watch the two best teams in action ahead of the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Spectators can revel in fan content and soak up the atmosphere ahead of the big day with Melbourne Football Club commencing their training at 10.30am followed by Western Bulldogs from 12pm.

21-09-2021, 12:04 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_s9_CrVcAM_YSf?format=jpg&name=medium

21-09-2021, 12:13 AM

I did scraggers thanks

21-09-2021, 11:31 AM
THE AFL with Toyota presents the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final Open Training at Optus Stadium this Friday, 24th September.

The session will allow up to 25,000 AFL fans the chance to watch the two best teams in action ahead of the 2021 Toyota AFL Grand Final.

Spectators can revel in fan content and soak up the atmosphere ahead of the big day with Melbourne Football Club commencing their training at 10.30am followed by Western Bulldogs from 12pm.

Would have bee a great gesture to have it televised.

21-09-2021, 11:39 AM

Why give fans in lockdown something nice to have…

21-09-2021, 11:40 AM
I’m pretty sure it will be on Fox on Friday saw something about it on 360 last night.

21-09-2021, 11:55 AM

Will be shown live on fox.

21-09-2021, 12:19 PM
Will be shown live on fox.

Get your tickets Danny here (https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/2021-toyota-afl-grand-final-open-training-burswood-24-09-2021/event/25005B30D10F2CA4)

22-09-2021, 01:17 AM
Get your tickets Danny here (https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/2021-toyota-afl-grand-final-open-training-burswood-24-09-2021/event/25005B30D10F2CA4)

Got it.

22-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Flying out today, it’s starting to get a bit real and I’ve started chewing my nails off. Have also secured an open training session ticket.

I have been reluctant to comment (even around the prelim), as there is a fair bit of guilt considering most are stuck at home. I have often used this forum to live vicariously through those that (in a normal year) regularly attend, so I might wrap up some thoughts from the prelim and share a few things along the way this weekend.

22-09-2021, 09:18 AM
Flying out today, it’s starting to get a bit real and I’ve started chewing my nails off. Have also secured an open training session ticket.

I have been reluctant to comment (even around the prelim), as there is a fair bit of guilt considering most are stuck at home. I have often used this forum to live vicariously through those that (in a normal year) regularly attend, so I might wrap up some thoughts from the prelim and share a few things along the way this weekend.

I am jealous as jealous, but mate, don't feel guilty, it isn't your doing.

Embrace the adventure cheer loud and cheer proud...

22-09-2021, 09:33 AM

Only feel guilty if you don't make it clear to Ben Brown that he sucks like I would.

22-09-2021, 09:35 AM

No way mate, have a blast. Happy for you. Cheer for all of us.

22-09-2021, 01:50 PM

No guilt AC. All others on WOOF are cheering along side of you. Have a blast.

22-09-2021, 02:04 PM
For any wanting to go to the open training, I've got extra tickets ... send me a message and I'll flick them your way.

22-09-2021, 02:53 PM
Cheer loud everyone, I'll be watching and smiling when I hear you all when we kick a goal

22-09-2021, 11:49 PM

Please, please share! You’ve got the opportunity my friend, make the absolute most of it on our behalf and soak it all up!

23-09-2021, 07:58 AM

That’s very considerate TAC, please feel 100% welcome to share the experience. For me, I am so happy for the Scraggers that get the opportunity, and in a world gone to shit where there’s been more downs than ups for me, giving away my tickets to a few WA based Scraggers felt really good topped up the reserves a bit.

Being part of the club, is being part of the collective. If you are there and barracking with other members and fans, we are there too.

23-09-2021, 12:17 PM
I fly out Saturday morning (early) , same as i did in 2016

Having pre match lunch and bevvies with the same guy i did in 2016; then heading to the Oval early (same as 2016) byut this time catching up with a family from Adelaide before the match that is very heavily invested in the match in a family way

in 2016 i turned my phone off for the match so i could watch the bloody match without distractions

Turned it on after the game with 100 + missed calls and messages haha

So you wont be hearing from me until maybe sunday (if its late night saturday after a win, it may not pass work filters)

23-09-2021, 12:30 PM
I fly out Saturday morning (early) , same as i did in 2016

Having pre match lunch and bevvies with the same guy i did in 2016; then heading to the Oval early (same as 2016) byut this time catching up with a family from Adelaide before the match that is very heavily invested in the match in a family way

in 2016 i turned my phone off for the match so i could watch the bloody match without distractions

Turned it on after the game with 100 + missed calls and messages haha

So you wont be hearing from me until maybe sunday (if its late night saturday after a win, it may not pass work filters)

Sounds awesome mate - we are all living vicariously through you so update away !

24-09-2021, 01:02 PM
I will be at Optus on Saturday with great appreciation and thanks to Merantau and his wife for their amazing generosity in sending me their barcodes. I wish they were going too to share in the Dogs victory. I was at the G in '61 when we lost, I missed 2016. I reckon of the 60k who will be there, other than Melbourne supporters, the rest will be on the Dogs, including Dennis Cometti.

24-09-2021, 01:06 PM
I will be at Optus on Saturday with great appreciation and thanks to Merantau and his wife for their amazing generosity in sending me their barcodes. I wish they were going too to share in the Dogs victory. I was at the G in '61 when we lost, I missed 2016. I reckon of the 60k who will be there, other than Melbourne supporters, the rest will be on the Dogs, including Dennis Cometti.

Enjoy the day

24-09-2021, 03:34 PM

"Woof, woof, woof!" Go Dogs!

25-09-2021, 01:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_s9_CrVcAM_YSf?format=jpg&name=medium

The function was pretty good.

We heard from Shane Biggs and Dale Morris to start the night. They spoke about their different approaches to game prep; in particular the 2016 GF. Moz said it was like any normal night before the game. Same meal, same bedtime etc. Whereas Biggsy said he didn’t watch footy the night before; he usually did. But he had a conundrum … to polish off a chocolate or to eat a couple of bags of lollies.

Next we had zoom meeting with Ameet Bains CEO and Jamie Maddocks, Development Manager. Ameet spoke about how the finals had really brought the group closer. All staff, players, and coaches have bonded beyond belief (his words) and were pumped by the support they had received today. He also said the week’s break and three different lockdowns have been tough but the adversity was another bonding. Jamie spoke about the players dealing with the week’s break and the difference between our approach and Melbourne’s. He said all selected players were primed and ready. No niggles.

Then we had a few past players speak to us. Jim Sewell, Jordan McMahon, and Nathan Eagleton; they all spoke about playing in Preliminary loses and what 2016 meant to them as players but also as Bulldogs supporters.

Also in attendance was Magic McLean and Kingsley Hunter.

A good night, lots of pumped supporters, and a few lucky ones winning signed jumper, signed footy and the opportunity to hold the banner on the ground tomorrow morning.

25-09-2021, 01:17 PM
The function was pretty good.

We heard from Shane Biggs and Dale Morris to start the night. They spoke about their different approaches to game prep; in particular the 2016 GF. Moz said it was like any normal night before the game. Same meal, same bedtime etc. Whereas Biggsy said he didn’t watch footy the night before; he usually did. But he had a conundrum … to polish off a chocolate or to eat a couple of bags of lollies.

Next we had zoom meeting with Ameet Bains CEO and Jamie Maddocks, Development Manager. Ameet spoke about how the finals had really brought the group closer. All staff, players, and coaches have bonded beyond belief (his words) and were pumped by the support they had received today. He also said the week’s break and three different lockdowns have been tough but the adversity was another bonding. Jamie spoke about the players dealing with the week’s break and the difference between our approach and Melbourne’s. He said all selected players were primed and ready. No niggles.

Then we had a few past players speak to us. Jim Sewell, Jordan McMahon, and Nathan Eagleton; they all spoke about playing in Preliminary loses and what 2016 meant to them as players but also as Bulldogs supporters.

Also in attendance was Magic McLean and Kingsley Hunter.

A good night, lots of pumped supporters, and a few lucky ones winning signed jumper, signed footy and the opportunity to hold the banner on the ground tomorrow morning.

Sounds like a great night on GF eve.

25-09-2021, 08:04 PM
Amazing seats- even have the Dogs non-playing box directly behind us. The players have all signed my little fellas guernsey.

See you on the other side. Let’s do this.

25-09-2021, 08:10 PM
Amazing seats- even have the Dogs non-playing box directly behind us. The players have all signed my little fellas guernsey.

See you on the other side. Let’s do this.

Cheer hard… Go dogs!!