PDA

View Full Version : As Terry Wallace Wrote On His Forehead after 1997

bulldogtragic
25-09-2021, 10:47 PM
We blew it.

Mantis
25-09-2021, 10:51 PM
You don’t lose by 10 goals and say you blew it… there was more than 45min to play when we had a good lead and have shat the bed.

Sedat
25-09-2021, 10:56 PM
You don’t lose by 10 goals and say you blew it… there was more than 45min to play when we had a good lead and have shat the bed.
Yep. Utter capitulation but also credit to their guns who willed the contest their way. ..

Ghost Dog
25-09-2021, 11:00 PM
I understand a lot of fans are going to be disappointed but Terry Wallace never made a grand final. I'm just disappointed that we couldn't make it more of a contest at the end for the fans. But so be it.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2021, 11:01 PM

I agree. The opportunity I mean. Not every day you are up by 19 in a GF well into the third. Rolled gold opportunity we had. Worst turnaround since 1997. But worse.

MrMahatma
26-09-2021, 12:19 AM
Very hard to fathom.

boydogs
26-09-2021, 12:40 AM
Just short of a gallop I think. The fairytale road trip just took too much out of us

whythelongface
26-09-2021, 01:13 AM
I reckon we blew it in the last 3 rounds of the regular season. Great effort to pick up the pieces to make the GF, but winning the GF was a bridge too far. The travel and restrictions killed us. Had we of come 2nd in the regular season our path would have been a hell of a lot smoother.

Grantysghost
26-09-2021, 01:17 AM
I reckon we blew it in the last 3 rounds of the regular season. Great effort to pick up the pieces to make the GF, but winning the GF was a bridge too far. The travel and restrictions killed us. Had we of come 2nd in the regular season our path would have been a hell of a lot smoother.

OK so we make top 4 we win?

It wasnt about lever or may - our mids were destroyed.

WE CAN NOT HAVE A BETTER MIDFILED.

This is the most awful loss in Buildogs history.

Grantysghost
26-09-2021, 01:22 AM
Edit : Removed due to my stupidity.

SonofScray
26-09-2021, 01:48 AM
Yep. Utter capitulation but also credit to their guns who willed the contest their way. ..
The way they ripped it from us, against the run of play in the third was like a flash KO in fighting. Absolutely perfect left, right goodnight. The manner of it was disconcerting, in that it was those clean, decisive wins out of the guys that have haunted often since 2017. Should be capable of managing that better.

Struggling to make sense of it. Want to reframe it as it took an unbelievable run to put us down, and it was, but also really disappointed in how the score line ended up. Very sad end.