PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V Melbourne R1 2022

Pages : 1 [2] 3

EasternWest
16-03-2022, 10:31 PM
Our kicking into the corridor has been woeful.

jeemak
We go inside when we shouldn't, go outside when we shouldn't. Our decision making is killing us.

chef
Keep giving them goals. We just aren't clean enough.

comrade
16-03-2022, 10:32 PM
Melbourne’s skill level is miles above ours. They make those kicks, we butcher them.

Keath has been a joke tonight.

comrade
16-03-2022, 10:34 PM
Who’s been worst out of Williams, Libba, Vanders, Keath or Schache? All comfortably in the worst handful on the ground.

The Bulldogs Bite
16-03-2022, 10:36 PM
This the first time we've pulled out the footies since September?

jeemak
16-03-2022, 10:38 PM
Mitch Hannan you really pissed the sheets then, didn't you.

The Doctor
16-03-2022, 10:39 PM
Drop Williams.

Pathetic.

I'm really starting to think he's not as good as we think he is. Last 2 high pressure games he has been out of his depth. But he's not alone

comrade
16-03-2022, 10:39 PM
2nd half has been embarrassing. Demons without Lever & Salem have toyed with us outside a 15 minute patch.

We’re too short across the ground, lack good decision making and our forward line is atrocious.

chef
16-03-2022, 10:41 PM
Well we haven't closed the gap over the off season. Melbourne have gears we can only dream of.

comrade
We’ve got about a dozen players that wouldn’t even get a look in at Melbourne.

whythelongface
We are one trick ponies going forward. As good as Naughton is he can’t carry us.

kruder
Schache forward or back?

Are you talking about the VFL next week?

whythelongface
16-03-2022, 10:42 PM
Well we haven't closed the gap over the off season. Melbourne have gears we can only dream of.

Too true. They could have won by 50

The Bulldogs Bite
16-03-2022, 10:43 PM
How is it we can have 20 mids, but not one of them can go near Petracca?

whythelongface
16-03-2022, 10:43 PM
Williams has had one of the worst games ever. Feel sorry for the lad.

angelopetraglia
16-03-2022, 10:45 PM
How many goals can you gift them from schoolboy fumbles? The biggest difference all night was they were so much cleaner with the ball in hand.

whythelongface
16-03-2022, 10:45 PM
Richards, crozier, English, Naughton, smith, Dunks and Dale probably our best.

DOG GOD
16-03-2022, 10:47 PM
2nd half has been embarrassing. Demons without Lever & Salem have toyed with us outside a 15 minute patch.

We’re too short across the ground, lack good decision making and our forward line is atrocious.
Couldn’t agree more. You nailed my thoughts exactly.

Scraggers
If we are going to consider playing Schache forward, I would rather we play JUH and give Naughton some support.

Except for twenty minutes of footy, we were out-bulldoged again.

FrediKanoute
Didn't watch the game, but saw the goal chart and the way the scores moved........you could overlay the GF map with this one.

whythelongface
Let’s look at the positive. It has been a 50 point turnaround since we last played them. Next game we should beat them by 24

jeemak
Too many players down on form (well, didn't show up given you can't really have form in round one), and too many with suspect skills if it's not going their way.

Disappointing to lose to Melbourne, because they really are a pack of *!*!*!*!wits.

DOG GOD
16-03-2022, 10:51 PM
15 mins of team work band aid some concerns.
Slow mids
Non existent forward line
Can’t hold tackles
Poor decisions and skills
Schache/Cordy in the fwd 50. God help us.

divvydan
16-03-2022, 10:55 PM
Libba playing almost exclusively forward isn't going to work long term. He needs to be in the middle. On that point, our roaming fwd position has major issues. Libba/VDM/Hunter all struggled, Hannan and Weightman missing for long periods as well. The Schache/Cordy combo combined for almost nothing. Credit to Baz for all his tackling tonight, really a standout feature in a game with low tackling numbers.

Trac clearly a level above everyone tonight. Winning it in tight, so much ball going through him in transitions, really cementing his place as one of the top players in the competition.

Boots
16-03-2022, 11:03 PM
A frustrating game.

Melbourne did exactly the same thing to us that they did in game 1 last year: close off the corridor. We didn’t see it coming and we played straight into it. Our best players - mids - were thus out of it all through q1 as a result and somehow it took Bevo to point it out at quarter time? Why didn’t the players adapt? Why didn’t the message get out onto the field? We know how to beat this.

We then did exactly what we should have done since the first bounce and applied pressure with predictable results: Melbourne wilted. Then Goodwin pushed back by shifting to run and carry and we got confused and they went back to denying the corridor, and we finished like we started, like stunned mullets.

Do we have a system? We have structure, sure, but what’s our system? I remember bevo saying the tigers saw what we did in 2016 and perfected it. They, like Melbourne, had discipline, role players, and a SYSTEM that tied it all together. If the tigers have done it, why haven’t we?

What really bugs me about this sort of performance is it shows we aren’t able to push the game onto our own terms against good teams for long enough to win. Melbourne are in danger of becoming another Geelong, a team we never beat and who always find another way to get around us.

I know I’m just frustrated and I let Bayley Fritsch’s excruciating face and Christian Petracca’s overweening arrogance get to me. it’s round one and a long way to go. A lot will change in our game and theirs. But these are old problems. We just never seem to string it together for sustained periods (outside of two brilliant finals series, but that’s not the sort of sustained I mean) and I wish we could. Goodwin knew he’d done it, he’s turned the team around before round 1 last year and Melbourne have had a quiet confidence since then, and we’re still flipping a coin before games to decide whether we’re on or not.

What will it take for the Dogs to find consistency?

merantau
16-03-2022, 11:05 PM
Not a lot of positives to take away from this game. We kicked straight for once. We made them look second rate by kicking 8 unanswered goals. Richards was solid. Crozier good in the first half. English competed well - not disgraced against two genuine ruckmen. Naughton was excellent in the contest - played a lone hand really. Daniel used the ball and tried to creat but he was watched very closely.

We made a lot of errors. We gave away needless 50mt penalties. We were beaten badly around the stoppages and missed Bont badly. In the last quarter alone Vanders butchered a ball to Libba. Bailey Smith butchered two inside 50 kicks in quick succession. The Bailey Willams turn over was a shocker. I could go on but I won't. The reality is they were 8 goals better than us on the night.

It is a big concern to me that we kick the first two goals in the last, get within four points and give ourselves a real sniff and then - we fold. That's a big worry. We need to address that fast.

Boots
16-03-2022, 11:13 PM
We made a lot of errors. We gave away needless 50mt penalties. We were beaten badly around the stoppages and missed Bont badly.

The commentators remarked that our guys were pulling back 5m from the mark to give themselves space to move rather than being forced to stand and the umps gave two penalties for that. Stupid cute bevo grudge move that gifted Gawn and Jackson a goal apiece.

The horror of Bont going down the race. Just too much to hear.

Go_Dogs
16-03-2022, 11:22 PM
A frustrating game.

Melbourne did exactly the same thing to us that they did in game 1 last year: close off the corridor. We didn’t see it coming and we played straight into it. Our best players - mids - were thus out of it all through q1 as a result and somehow it took Bevo to point it out at quarter time? Why didn’t the players adapt? Why didn’t the message get out onto the field? We know how to beat this.

We then did exactly what we should have done since the first bounce and applied pressure with predictable results: Melbourne wilted. Then Goodwin pushed back by shifting to run and carry and we got confused and they went back to denying the corridor, and we finished like we started, like stunned mullets.

Do we have a system? We have structure, sure, but what’s our system? I remember bevo saying the tigers saw what we did in 2016 and perfected it. They, like Melbourne, had discipline, role players, and a SYSTEM that tied it all together. If the tigers have done it, why haven’t we?

What really bugs me about this sort of performance is it shows we aren’t able to push the game onto our own terms against good teams for long enough to win. Melbourne are in danger of becoming another Geelong, a team we never beat and who always find another way to get around us.

I know I’m just frustrated and I let Bayley Fritsch’s excruciating face and Christian Petracca’s overweening arrogance get to me. it’s round one and a long way to go. A lot will change in our game and theirs. But these are old problems. We just never seem to string it together for sustained periods (outside of two brilliant finals series, but that’s not the sort of sustained I mean) and I wish we could. Goodwin knew he’d done it, he’s turned the team around before round 1 last year and Melbourne have had a quiet confidence since then, and we’re still flipping a coin before games to decide whether we’re on or not.

What will it take for the Dogs to find consistency?

Good post.

You can see we’ve made a few changes with our defensive structure over the off season. To a man we tried to play back 5m off the mark, creating an extra in the zone to close down space which worked well when we were able to take pace off their ball movement.

Moving forward we looked at our best when we went quickly, used the switch and then we’re able to get a 1:1 or kick to space for players to lead up / run back onto the ball. When we slowed it down and had to play behind the mark we didn’t look capable of pulling off the type of kick to open it up and need to do more to create overlap and play on. Sometimes this gets us in trouble, but we need to be a risk / reward team as our skills and leg speed aren’t enough against some of the best teams.

bornadog
16-03-2022, 11:25 PM
The commentators remarked that our guys were pulling back 5m from the mark to give themselves space to move rather than being forced to stand and the umps gave two penalties for that. Stupid cute bevo grudge move that gifted Gawn and Jackson a goal apiece.

The horror of Bont going down the race. Just too much to hear.

They were Bullshit 50m, as the rule is, if you are standing on the mark you stay still, but if you move away from the mark and choose not stand then it is not a penalty. I thought it was a great tactic as the Melbourne players got no advantage of running around a player and gaining meterage.

merantau
16-03-2022, 11:28 PM
Trying to gainsay the umpires is fraught with danger. I think most supporters would vote the the stand rule is a blight on the game.

bornadog
16-03-2022, 11:28 PM
Good post.

You can see we’ve made a few changes with our defensive structure over the off season. To a man we tried to play back 5m off the mark, creating an extra in the zone to close down space which worked well when we were able to take pace off their ball movement.

Moving forward we looked at our best when we went quickly, used the switch and then we’re able to get a 1:1 or kick to space for players to lead up / run back onto the ball. When we slowed it down and had to play behind the mark we didn’t look capable of pulling off the type of kick to open it up and need to do more to create overlap and play on. Sometimes this gets us in trouble, but we need to be a risk / reward team as our skills and leg speed aren’t enough against some of the best teams.

The trouble was we made stupid errors going forward and turned the ball over. Three times Williams made errors that resulted in goals, twice trying to do too much and getting caught and the one in the last where Schache was on his own on the wing, but he tried to be too cute by centrering a risky pass, that went straight to a Melbourne player and the goaled. There was only 10 points in it at that point

merantau
16-03-2022, 11:34 PM
They were Bullshit 50m, as the rule is, if you are standing on the mark you stay still, but if you move away from the mark and choose not stand then it is not a penalty. I thought it was a great tactic as the Melbourne players got no advantage of running around a player and gaining meterage.

Yeah, but if you stand 5mt back you're giving them metreage surely. As long as the player runs straight at the man on the mark the umpire won't call play on until he reaches the mark. Or am I missing something here.?

Boots
16-03-2022, 11:34 PM
Trying to gainsay the umpires is fraught with danger. I think most supporters would vote the the stand rule is a blight on the game.

stand rule is utter tripe. They should just, I dunno, put a coloured post in the interchange bench and if you are on the mark you have to run and touch the post and if you can get back before they kick it then good for you you can do whatever. I’m so sick of watching players deviate from the line and the ump having to call play on. Any rule a player can’t adjudicate is a bad rule.

Which brings me to the HTB rule. Did anyone notice any change at all?

kruder
16-03-2022, 11:35 PM
Bevo has just lost the plot at the presser wow.

bornadog
16-03-2022, 11:37 PM
Yeah, but if you stand 5mt back you're giving them metreage surely. As long as the player runs straight at the man on the mark the umpire won't call play on until he reaches the mark. Or am I missing something here.?

With the normal stand rule, the players just run around and get huge advantage, but what was happening the Melbourne player ran forward, umpire calls play on and our player runs towards them. You need to be there to see it in action.

AFL are a joke with stupid rules as coaches just find a way around it.

bornadog
16-03-2022, 11:37 PM
Bevo has just lost the plot at the presser wow.

What did he say?

MrMahatma
16-03-2022, 11:40 PM
What did he say?

He went off. Like… at Tom Morris… “you’re not welcome and a gutter journo, you’re an embarrassment to everyone in the room” etc. Then walked out.

Hectic. Never seen anything like it. And I like it!!

kruder
16-03-2022, 11:40 PM
What did he say?

Had a serious crack at Tom Morris gonna have to watch it again but he wanted to kick him out questioning his integrity.

We obviously have a leak at the club and Id say that Bevo has lost his composure no doubt.

MrMahatma
16-03-2022, 11:45 PM
Them vs Us. Fk em.

He went at Morris as he’s also a Dees fan. End of the day, our boys on field roll over too much. I like that Bevo (albeit unexpected and maybe a touch unprofessional) went nuts and said “no… if you’re not with us, you’re against us and can fk off!”.

Viva la Bevolution!

Grantysghost
16-03-2022, 11:46 PM
That's pretty unprofessional.

It's been building for a while with him and the media.

It's a no win situation you're just going to look like a sore loser and have to apologise and feel even worse than you did. Plus you bring a heap of heat on the club when we should be trying to get people on board.

I wouldn't go in the toilets at the Brownlow if I was Morris.

Be interesting to see what the AFL do here.

bornadog
16-03-2022, 11:49 PM
He went off. Like… at Tom Morris… “you’re not welcome and a gutter journo, you’re an embarrassment to everyone in the room” etc. Then walked out.

Hectic. Never seen anything like it. And I like it!!

Had a serious crack at Tom Morris gonna have to watch it again but he wanted to kick him out questioning his integrity.

We obviously have a leak at the club and Id say that Bevo has lost his composure no doubt.

Them vs Us. Fk em.

He went at Morris as he’s also a Dees fan. End of the day, our boys on field roll over too much. I like that Bevo (albeit unexpected and maybe a touch unprofessional) went nuts and said “no… if you’re not with us, you’re against us and can fk off!”.

Viva la Bevolution!

He hasn't liked Tom Morris since he made up stories about Dahlhaus a few years ago.

Danny the snakeman
16-03-2022, 11:51 PM
If i was the one leaking i'd be sleeping with one eye open. Don't mess with Chopper.

Grantysghost
16-03-2022, 11:51 PM
He hasn't liked Tom Morris since he made up stories about Dahlhaus a few years ago.

I don't think it's him BAD.

It's the moustache!

It's infiltrated his personality he's going full chopper!

angelopetraglia
16-03-2022, 11:54 PM
We had more touches, more kicks, more handballs, more tackles, more clearances, more centre clearances ... but we had +17 turnovers. That was the ball game basically. We just made too many poor decisions when it really mattered. Turned it over across our half forward line with some horrendous decision making and also too many rushed kicks coming out of backline that missed targets.

kruder
16-03-2022, 11:59 PM
Yeah its a interesting one, I must admit watching Morris over the last few years he is very complementary towards Bevo I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that he thinks he is the best coach in the game.

I love Bevo but I'd be sorting out the in house issue first not sure what Morris has done wrong to be honest. Bevo has talked about the soft cap taking its tole on people I just hope we are supporting him with the right people.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 12:01 AM
https://twitter.com/DanielGarb/status/1504061371583197185?t=SQB2quMcaZqEG4qlvGrYSQ&s=09

Has Morris done something untoward here? That's next level anger.
Post match interviews in the heat of the moment are fraught with danger.
Bevo is copping it big time from all the journalists.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 12:02 AM
Bevo off a very, very long run. (Paraphrasing.)

“You have the nerve to ask me a question and even be here. You have been praying on us the last two times. You barrack for Melbourne Tom Morris. You have been opening us up causing turmoil in our football club by declaring our team well before it needs to be declared. Is that the way Fox want you to operate? Is that the gutter journalist you want to be? It is the team you barrack for. There is a conflict of interest. You gutter journalist is killing us behind the scenes".

"Mate you are not welcome."

"This bloke here is giving everyone a bad name. You are an embarrassment."

Bevo would not give him a right of reply and then proceeded to walk out of the presser.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 12:08 AM
Incoherent rambling from Bevo. If you're going to ping someone between the eyes so publicly you need to get it spot on otherwise you look silly like Bevo has.

He'd have been better off ignoring him and just going to the next question.

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 12:08 AM
I can't decide if I like it or not. I got the word pre-Tom Morris from an ex player, so it obviously wasn't a closely guarded secret - and probably didn't need to be?

I think sometimes Bevo is too focused on maintaining secrecy, and I hope it doesn't take away from his focus on coaching the football team.

On the other hand, Tom Morris, Tom Browne and plenty of other so-called journos are trash and deserve to be called out on it so the standard improves. But instead they'll all pat each other's backs and pretend there is nothing wrong with journalism ��*!♂️

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 12:09 AM
https://twitter.com/DanielGarb/status/1504061371583197185?t=SQB2quMcaZqEG4qlvGrYSQ&s=09

Has Morris done something untoward here? That's next level anger.
Post match interviews in the heat of the moment are fraught with danger.
Bevo is copping it big time from all the journalists.

It was not a good look for Bevo. You don't really want to take on the fourth estate on in that manner. They all stick together and go for you. There is smarter ways to handle that. Revenge is dish best served cold. Poor from Bevo IMHO.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 12:12 AM
Good on Bevo. Release some pressure.

Tom Morris is a flog.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 12:13 AM

Tom Morris is a flog.

Agree. Tom Morris is a Melbourne Grammar flog born with a silver spoon lodged up his backside. No doubt. But Bevo could have handled it better IMHO.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 12:15 AM
Bevo off a very, very long run. (Paraphrasing.)

“You have the nerve to ask me a question and even be here. You have been praying on us the last two times. You barrack for Melbourne Tom Morris. You have been opening us up causing turmoil in our football club by declaring our team well before it needs to be declared. Is that the way Fox want you to operate? Is that the gutter journalist you want to be? It is the team you barrack for. There is a conflict of interest. You gutter journalist is killing us behind the scenes".

"Mate you are not welcome."

"This bloke here is giving everyone a bad name. You are an embarrassment."

Bevo would not give him a right of reply and then proceeded to walk out of the presser.

I can't see what being a Demons fan has to do with it really.

And if you're blaming a journo for upsetting a professional sports teams apple cart you're probably not thinking straight.

However. Leaking a clubs secrets prior to a game is pretty low. So I've got no respect for Morris. But this is a fight Bevo can't win.
BTW Mick Malthouse also had a moustache and was angry with the media...! Just saying.

Is Bevo jumping on a grenade for the players here. No one will mention the game xD

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 12:16 AM
Agree. Tom Morris is a Melbourne Grammar flog born with a silver spoon lodged up his backside. No doubt. But Bevo could have handled it better IMHO.

He’s an emotional man.

I like that he wears his heart in his sleeve at times like this. Let’s see what comes of it, but clear there’s a bit of work to do internally to slow the leaks of information and hopefully this is another us v them piece we can build on over the season.

Year just got more interesting in the very least!

bornadog
17-03-2022, 12:21 AM

Tom Morris is a flog.

Agree

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 12:22 AM
Below is a transcript of the press conference.

Morris: Talk us through the events of the last few days with a few players, JJ, Martin, Lachie Hunter in and out of the team, Melbourne were similar as well. Is that just normal Round 1 preparation to be uncertain of how you’re going to prepare?

Beveridge: You’ve got the nerve to ask me a question, and even be here? You’ve been preying on us the last two times.

You barrack for Melbourne, you’ve been preying on us. You’ve been opening us up, causing turmoil within our football club by declaring our team well before it needs to be declared. Is that the way Fox want you to operate? Is that the gutter journalist you want to be?

Other than JJ coming out in the warm-up, everything was according to plan from the Sunday, which somehow you’ve found out about again, so we need to get to the bottom of this.

Obviously we need to put our hand up and say there’s some leakage going on, but you’re preying on it, and it’s a team you barrack for, your conflict of interest here is considerable. Your gutter journalism at the moment is killing us behind the scenes.

This is why the health and wellbeing of people in the game is caught up in this, because we’ve got things to concentrate on performance-wise, we’ve got to look after our own and then you cause all this muckraking trash that happens behind the scenes and names get caught up into it, and all we’re doing is planning for a football game. Are you proud of your self?

Morris: Yes, absolutely. Fox backs me.

Beveridge: Wow. That’s enough, next question please. Next question, mate, you’re not welcome.

Morris: This is the AFL’s press conference.

Beveridge: Yeah, OK, well I think we’ve got enough boys and girls. I think we’re probably done, aren’t we?
So this is what happens, because I know Sam Edmund does it, many of you, if you found something out you’d ring (the club) and say look, I know this, just to know that you know, something’s happened, it’s got out, and courtesy and integrity and the ethical way to go about it has happened in the past.

And this bloke here and what he’s doing is giving everybody else a bad name, and right when we’re trying to stabilise our competition and what we do, with everything that’s gone on behind the scenes, and us as coaches and a football program with the soft cap situation as it is, and this sort of stuff happens.

You’re an embarrassment to what you do, mate. You’re an embarrassment.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 12:23 AM
Just remember the constant hounding of Tom Boyd by journos, and in the end it wasn't good for his mental state.

Scraggers
17-03-2022, 12:26 AM
Bevo goes BANG !!! Love it !!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-luke-beveridge-press-conference-after-western-bulldogs-vs-melbourne-tom-morris-walks-out-video/news-story/c6c2bc5af10d9ac40b74c048899431cc?fbclid=IwAR3LV42ya7gKF3e95D PFJaMmhVBKxCcbYbKwZPJ098a0SGjd_ISVPBG0HME

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 12:26 AM
Of course Fox backs him he's just created the best theatre they could've ever wished for.
More eyes, more ads consumed, more dollars, more Tom Morris'.

MrMahatma
17-03-2022, 12:29 AM
I like it. I mean, the nonsense about selection and all the questioning about things that will be revealed a few hours later, or asking questions he’s already answered (last year…JUH). When he gets the chance, swing and swing hard.

Us vs Them. All of them. Go dogs!

bornadog
17-03-2022, 12:34 AM
This says it all about Morris

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN-DsFNVgAAVQg3?format=jpg&name=medium

Eastdog
17-03-2022, 12:38 AM
Dissapointed with the result tonight but it is only Round 1. That 2nd quarter was great. Need to play like that consistently throughout the whole game. I liked the games of Macrae, Dunks, English, Treloar, Bailey Smith and Naughton.

I was worried with how we started the match but we responded very well. 3rd quarter we did not score and lapsed back into old ways and I was hoping the final quarter we would find something more but it wasnt to be. Onto the Blues back at home next Thursday.

Go Bevo!

Go Dogs!

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 12:39 AM
This says it all about Morris

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN-DsFNVgAAVQg3?format=jpg&name=medium

He is a bigger flog than I even realised.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-03-2022, 12:43 AM
I've been critical of Bevo in the past, and I still don't agree or like some of the things he does/says... But if the club comes out and issues an apology, or force Bevo to apologise, we'll have much bigger problems.

The club need to back Bevo, wear any fines, and find the leak.

This could go pretty pear shaped quickly and if we don't support Bevo, I could see him walking.

Did Bevo overreact? Probably, but Morris, Browne, Barrett and co continually chase the negative stories and have no regard for ethical practices. Let's call it out.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 12:45 AM
Jake Lever hurt his foot on Sunday. No Journo called that out. Surely it was obvious he wasn't even training with a torn Plantar Fasciitis. Double standard?

MrMahatma
17-03-2022, 12:47 AM
I've been critical of Bevo in the past, and I still don't agree or like some of the things he does/says... But if the club comes out and issues an apology, or force Bevo to apologise, we'll have much bigger problems.

The club need to back Bevo, wear any fines, and find the leak.

This could go pretty pear shaped quickly and if we don't support Bevo, I could see him walking.

Did Bevo overreact? Probably, but Morris, Browne, Barrett and co continually chase the negative stories and have no regard for ethical practices. Let's call it out.

I agree. Why play the “way it needs to be done” card. Play it front on. Bevo went way over the top and that’s brilliant.

I hope we win next week!

Dry Rot
17-03-2022, 12:52 AM
I don't recall ever seeing Morris, so have no view of him.

But what has he done wrong? A journo given leaked info and publishes it?

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 12:54 AM
We are probably taking away from the big issue of the night. Bont seemed to hurt himself in the third quarter.
What was the issue, and will he be okay?

angelopetraglia

Supposedly there is an unwritten code that they run it past the club before they publish it for mental health reasons and he didn't follow this code. Reading in-between the lines of what Bevo said.

Grantysghost

It's pretty crazy from Bevo.

Unless Morris cos played as a trainer and did rub downs mic'ed up he's not our biggest concern.

Classic diversion xD

Eastdog
17-03-2022, 12:55 AM
Dissapointed with the result tonight but it is only Round 1. That 2nd quarter was great. Need to play like that consistently throughout the whole game. I liked the games of Macrae, Dunks, English, Treloar, Bailey Smith, Naughton and Bont.

I was worried with how we started the match but we responded very well. 3rd quarter we did not score and lapsed back into old ways and I was hoping the final quarter we would find something more but it wasnt to be. Onto the Blues back at home next Thursday.

Go Bevo!

Go Dogs!

In saying that I hate losing to the Demons now. A few arrogant supporters around me I could overhear.

soupman
17-03-2022, 12:58 AM
F*ck me Bevo can you just not?

Just play a straight bat and the media this week is "geez Melbourne are as good as we thought" with a little "Bulldogs have a bit to work on but Naughton looks great, that headband sheesh". Instead we are gonna be the main story for the entire week and will unite the entire footy journalistic world against us. Can't wait for Caroline Wilson and Barrett to tee off on us, they must be so excited.

Sure Morris could have given us the heads up, and that could be addressed somewhat more tactfully even in public, but this was quite personal and completely unwarranted and completely unprofessional.

An embarrassment.

Ghost Dog
17-03-2022, 12:58 AM
Hey everyone! Go the mighty Bulldogs!

Not to forget it's been a taxing time with Covid and nobody can be sure how this is affecting coaches.
I hated Morris before knowing about him, and now I saw that Trump photo, yep, I definitely hate him!

Ghandi said once, if you have anger in your heart it's better to express it than to be impotent.
I don't applaud Bevo losing his cool but I applaud his heart. He went after Journos about Tom Boyd, and it has been going south ever since.

Greetings from Shanghai, about to be locked up again.

Carowhine Wilson will milk about a year of her hackneyed journalism out of this story.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 01:00 AM
What did he say?

Morris: Talk us through the events of the last few days with a few players, JJ, Martin, Lachie Hunter in and out of the team, Melbourne were similar as well. Is that just normal Round 1 preparation to be uncertain of how you’re going to prepare?

Beveridge: You’ve got the nerve to ask me a question, and even be here? You’ve been preying on us the last two times.

You barrack for Melbourne, you’ve been preying on us. You’ve been opening us up, causing turmoil within our football club by declaring our team well before it needs to be declared. Is that the way Fox want you to operate? Is that the gutter journalist you want to be?

Other than JJ coming out in the warm-up, everything was according to plan from the Sunday, which somehow you’ve found out about again, so we need to get to the bottom of this.

Obviously we need to put our hand up and say there’s some leakage going on, but you’re preying on it, and it’s a team you barrack for, your conflict of interest here is considerable. Your gutter journalism at the moment is killing us behind the scenes.

This is why the health and wellbeing of people in the game is caught up in this, because we’ve got things to concentrate on performance-wise, we’ve got to look after our own and then you cause all this muckraking trash that happens behind the scenes and names get caught up into it, and all we’re doing is planning for a football game. Are you proud of your self?

Morris: Yes, absolutely. Fox backs me.

Beveridge: Wow. That’s enough, next question please. Next question, mate, you’re not welcome.

Morris: This is the AFL’s press conference.

Beveridge: Yeah, OK, well I think we’ve got enough boys and girls. I think we’re probably done, aren’t we?

So this is what happens, because I know Sam Edmund does it, many of you, if you found something out you’d ring (the club) and say look, I know this, just to know that you know, something’s happened, it’s got out, and courtesy and integrity and the ethical way to go about it has happened in the past.

And this bloke here and what he’s doing is giving everybody else a bad name, and right when we’re trying to stabilise our competition and what we do, with everything that’s gone on behind the scenes, and us as coaches and a football program with the soft cap situation as it is, and this sort of stuff happens.

You’re an embarrassment to what you do, mate. You’re an embarrassment.

soupman
17-03-2022, 01:01 AM
He went after Journos about Tom Boyd, and it has been going south ever since.

It's hardly the Tom Boyd thing though. Morris reported Hunter got dropped...and was right. Maybe there's some detail I'm missing but any other journalist regardless of which club they supported would report that if they got their hands on it. Maybe they give the club a heads up, sure, great, but ultimately it's barely anything most people would even register as interesting.

And then to go off about mental health (I guess the Tom Boyd bit), while literally bullying and belittling a man on television for doing his job...I mean wtf.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 01:02 AM
It's hardly the Tom Boyd thing though. Morris reported Hunter got dropped...and was right. Maybe there's some detail I'm missing but any other journalist regardless of which club they supported would report that if they got their hands on it. Maybe they give the club a heads up, sure, great, but ultimately it's barely anything most people would even register as interesting.

And then to go off about mental health (I guess the Tom Boyd bit), while literally bullying and belittling a man on television for doing his job...I mean wtf.

You've nailed it.

Classic bullying. He had the power and used it to belittle.

I'm pretty dissapointed as a member to be honest.

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 01:05 AM

After seeing him lose it like that, I think that comment could very easily be about his own mental health and the stress it has caused him.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 01:05 AM
F*ck me Bevo can you just not?

Just play a straight bat and the media this week is "geez Melbourne are as good as we thought" with a little "Bulldogs have a bit to work on but Naughton looks great, that headband sheesh". Instead we are gonna be the main story for the entire week and will unite the entire footy journalistic world against us. Can't wait for Caroline Wilson and Barrett to tee off on us, they must be so excited.

Sure Morris could have given us the heads up, and that could be addressed somewhat more tactfully even in public, but this was quite personal and completely unwarranted and completely unprofessional.

An embarrassment.

I loved it, stuff the journo's they hover around trying to get scoops, and I will never forget the hounding Tom Boyd copped from idiots like Barret. Morris is the same, he is always trying to get the scoop. His video interview by a fox presenter on Hunter and why he thought he made the right call, but didn' t was pathetic. At the same tine didn't say a thing about Lever being out even though he knew on Sunday.

ReLoad
17-03-2022, 01:14 AM
I’m all for creating an Us Vs the world mentality. It’s so bulldog and it’s right where we want to be.

But….

That’s not how you do it. If Bevo was my employee I’d give him a spell, not for work reasons but for his own benefit.
Often genius means living on the edge of insanity, but that doesn’t excuse poor behaviour.
He did exactly what he was complaining about.

KWW and Granty need to have a action plan, as this ship is leaking. And it’s not because of the players.

We’re in for an interesting week.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 01:14 AM
A lot to process with the game and Bevo outburst at the presser. However, can I just say it felt so good to be back at an AFL game with a big crowd. I have missed that over the last two seasons.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 01:15 AM
Even the more measured journos can't believe Bevo's response.

I'm torn here, on one hand good on Bevo for calling out Tom Morris but he really lost control and has come out of this looking irrational.
There is a clear leak at the club and we need to get our own act together and address that.

This is now the story of the game rather than the result and while we might not like some aspects of journalism we need to manage it better than this because it's a huge part of the game.

Does anyone think Bevo or the club will or should apologize for his outburst?

There is a line between defending your turf and our players and playing the man and Bevo crossed it tonight.

Ghost Dog
17-03-2022, 01:15 AM

There are many, many ways you can be smug towards people, show disrespect, snipe under the radar, then when you cop it, you play the victim. Yes Bevo should be more professional. Live and learn.
I find it hard to believe Bevo would go after someone who was 'just doing their job'.

The Tom Boyd thing was not about Tom alone. It was about quality of commentary and journalism, which is poor. Watch any other sport, from Basketball, to Ice Hockey, then compare it with Australian AFL journalism ( Hutchy, Caro, FFS, Barret, what a bunch ).

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 01:17 AM
We are probably taking away from the big issue of the night. Bont seemed to hurt himself in the third quarter.
What was the issue, and will he be okay?

It was an ankle issue he got caught up under a pack. Think it was right.

He got it taped, went back on for five minutes then went into the rooms for presumably a jab.

Hooefully not too bad but not ideal.

The bulldog tragician
17-03-2022, 01:25 AM
After seeing him lose it like that, I think that comment could very easily be about his own mental health and the stress it has caused him.

Tom Morris seems smarmy and loathsome. But Bevo was out of line. There were other ways to make his point. (Actually I’m not even that sure what his point was?).

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 01:28 AM
JE SUIS BEVO

Tom Morris is a grub, our club doesn’t owe that rat anything. Not civility, not respect, not an answer. I don’t have a problem with Bevo going ape snit at all. Everyone can reap what they sow. I trust Bevo is strong enough to manage the backlash from it all.

In terms of the footy. Don’t think I learned anything new. We did what we often do, we played some perfect footy for a brief patch, then mixed in so,e stagnant, disorganised footy for a bit, and some timid, impotent footy to boot. Our best > your best, but we may or may not dish it up.

Thought we were a bit timid at times.

VDM played himself out of my good books. Was my favourite young fella. Drop him for Jones.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 01:30 AM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1504085223624957958

Terry Wallace from 1997

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 01:30 AM

There is a line between defending your turf and our players and playing the man and Bevo crossed it tonight.

Absolutely not.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 01:34 AM
Absolutely not.

I don't see this one going away and we have just made the grub famous. That shit-eating grin of his will be loving the attention.

Happy Days
17-03-2022, 01:35 AM
Really, really disappointing stuff from Bevo. Morris seems like (is) a gronk but you can’t put it on him for doing his job. I get that deflecting from the team’s underperformance is his move but he’s made a non-issue into a big story (which I’m sure the circlejerk AFL media will report on objectively). And of course he worked the soft cap in for completely no reason. He should really save this stuff for the toilets at the Brownlow.

Also yo that game was so painful. Good to see that Schache still sucks, can’t wait until O’Brien is fit so we can have two of him.

soupman
17-03-2022, 01:39 AM
As for the game, disappointing but not at all surprising.

Entire pre-season has been poor. Feel like we've had such a shit run into this, for all the jokes we haven't had any players come in the the "flying" tag except for Naughton, and apart from Treloar no one really put together anything solid in the practice games, so we were really just a squad of guys searching for form.

Hard to judge what we are building this year in terms of style or tactics when you face a team as good as that. We definitely tried to avoid just bombing it to Naughton instead opting to try and play it around the arc first nd pick our way through the zone. Didn't work that well though and when we turned it over we got burnt hard.

Naughton was great, cannot believe we get the headband in season. He's set the bar so high for himself already that despite a number of great marks today I thought his marking was just average for him. Cannot wait to see what he produces this season.

As a side we looked spooked. Had so many uncharacteristic skill errors and as often happens with our pressure game we always just fail to wrap them up and when they get through we get hurt big time.

So many already horribly out of form players. Williams has gone from being this composed and calm defender to someone who panics in big games and cannot be trusted. Weightman hasn't produced anything since the Essendon final and arguably aside from mostly questionable freekicks has barely had a touch since before that game. I love him but he needs to find a way to have an impact when he can't get the ball because his pressure alone isn't bearing fruit and he doesn't look like marking or crumbing it. Hunter justified his non selection, contributed nothing and when he can't even get meaningless 15 metre possessions going you know he is seriously out of form. I have no idea why Keath was playing, watching him was like watching the EJ Whitten game key defenders. Vandermeer all intensity and zero execution, one of the poorest games I've seen Daniel play, Schache not teasing us before pulling out his regular "seriously, this guy is an AFL footballer" game, Gardner looking like he didn't play in the pre-season, Libba playing forward the entire game and predictably not contributing, Cordy having no impact at any stage, Richards was just ok.

On the plus side thought English was really good. Held his own in the ruck, does look stronger, and was good around the ground. I don't say this often but i am very happy to play him as the sole ruck next week. Smith was lacking in execution but his work rate was great. Dale still looks good, Hannan I know was not good but thought he did some good work off the ball and was maybe two clean possessions away from being decent, although no tackles is damning. Macrae standard, Bont obviously struggled.

On a number of fronts i don't think it's a great time for too much negativity about the performance. We could not have had more players with no pre-season form leading into the game, and came up against a very impressive side that did turn it on. As noted above there are numerous players who weren't good, but hopefully a few games against less lethal opposition will help them find their feet again a bit better.

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 01:41 AM
Really, really disappointing stuff from Bevo. Morris seems like (is) a gronk but you can’t put it on him for doing his job.

Why not?

soupman
17-03-2022, 01:44 AM
The Tom Boyd thing was not about Tom alone. It was about quality of commentary and journalism, which is poor. Watch any other sport, from Basketball, to Ice Hockey, then compare it with Australian AFL journalism ( Hutchy, Caro, FFS, Barret, what a bunch ).

100% agree. Beveridge made ZERO progress towards addressing that tonight.

There are many, many ways you can be smug towards people, show disrespect, snipe under the radar, then when you cop it, you play the victim. Yes Bevo should be more professional. Live and learn.
I find it hard to believe Bevo would go after someone who was 'just doing their job'.

That's the issue though. Bevo has always taken this stuff very personally, and has barely improved his ability to deal with it publicly. He is hardly living and learning if after everything he has experienced on this front he comes up with this.

Happy Days
17-03-2022, 01:53 AM
Why not?

Because it was aimless, did nothing for anybody and will only lead to more of the shit that he’s complaining about?

chef
17-03-2022, 06:27 AM
I found it pretty embarrassing. Was just weird to watch.

dog town
17-03-2022, 06:38 AM
Even the more measured journos can't believe Bevo's response.

I'm torn here, on one hand good on Bevo for calling out Tom Morris but he really lost control and has come out of this looking irrational.
There is a clear leak at the club and we need to get our own act together and address that.

This is now the story of the game rather than the result and while we might not like some aspects of journalism we need to manage it better than this because it's a huge part of the game.

There is a line between defending your turf and our players and playing the man and Bevo crossed it tonight. I think he has his guard up because people were questioning his right to deny the story before selection. Surely it is our right to keep the opposition guessing particularly if there was some very specific stuff going with the position Hunter plays.

Mantis
17-03-2022, 07:25 AM
Bevo looked like a dick… our performance bar an amazing 20min burst was woeful on the back of a poorly selected team and the same errors from the same players who he continually backs in.

We were shown up big time and whilst we have time to rectify it, he needs to get started now.

comrade
17-03-2022, 07:26 AM
Seems like a guy very unhappy with life.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 07:28 AM
I've reflected on the Bevo outburst throughout the day, and to be honest, I'm starting to come around to why he is so pissed off and has called out Morris for reporting sensitive information twice in a row.

Not saying I like the response, but, given the type of person he is and his professional history I reckon he'd have a fair bullshit radar on him and a sense of fair play to accompany it. What he's seen is an opportunistic approach by a journalist who barracks for the opposition who has in consecutive games dished up information around selection prior to the teams being picked based on leaks.

Most journalists acting in good faith offer a right of reply to information that's leaked and is going to go to press, and if Morris hasn't done this then he deserves what's coming to him.

Bevo now needs to dig in, reinforce his position and ignore Morris completely.

After he does that, he needs to shut the *!*!*!*! up and get on with coaching the football team while Grant and Baines find out who's leaking information.

comrade
17-03-2022, 07:38 AM
Putting the Bevo stuff aside, the performance itself was kind of embarrassing.

The amount of dropped marks, missed tackles and deplorable skill errors was cringe worthy and reeked of a team completely spooked. The side itself is unbalanced. Too many mids, not enough specialist roles and way too short across the ground - we’re not winning a flag with this make up. We continue to select players that have proven they’re not up to it.

It’s going to be a long season, I fear.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 07:39 AM
I think he has his guard up because people were questioning his right to deny the story before selection. Surely it is our right to keep the opposition guessing particularly if there was some very specific stuff going with the position Hunter plays.

Why not just challenge the first question from Morris as being wrong and then refuse to take any more from him?
As much as I dislike Tom Morris his information looked close to being right on the money so we needed to cop out lumps and move on.
Bevo storming off just added to the notion that Morris had was right and that he won round one.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 07:42 AM
I've reflected on the Bevo outburst throughout the day, and to be honest, I'm starting to come around to why he is so pissed off and has called out Morris for reporting sensitive information twice in a row.

Not saying I like the response, but, given the type of person he is and his professional history I reckon he'd have a fair bullshit radar on him and a sense of fair play to accompany it. What he's seen is an opportunistic approach by a journalist who barracks for the opposition who has in consecutive games dished up information around selection prior to the teams being picked based on leaks.

Most journalists acting in good faith offer a right of reply to information that's leaked and is going to go to press, and if Morris hasn't done this then he deserves what's coming to him.

After he does that, he needs to shut the *!*!*!*! up and get on with coaching the football team while Grant and Baines find out who's leaking information.

Good call Jeemak.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 07:48 AM
Putting the Bevo stuff aside, the performance itself was kind of embarrassing.

The amount of dropped marks, missed tackles and deplorable skill errors was cringe worthy and reeked of a team completely spooked. The side itself is unbalanced. Too many mids, not enough specialist roles and way too short across the ground - we’re not winning a flag with this make up. We continue to select players that have proven they’re not up to it.

It’s going to be a long season, I fear.

Huge amount of scope for improvement but I think we can get their quickly.

comrade
17-03-2022, 07:58 AM
Huge amount of scope for improvement but I think we can get their quickly.

I hope so.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 08:30 AM
I hope so.

We were spooked for the first 15m of Q1 and then played our way into it. We do have a few players that have so far not been able to stand up when the heat is on. I think some of them (eg Williams) can get there while others (eg Shaq up forward) probably can’t.

But for a few muffed moments we win that game, while they had the composure to take theirs.

To me, that was a very encouraging performance but I seem to be far more optimistic than a lot of posters on here over the past 12 months. We just played off in a GF and all signs point to us being in the mix for top 4 and another crack at the big one in Sept.

comrade
17-03-2022, 08:32 AM
We were spooked for the first 15m of Q1 and then played our way into it. We do have a few players that have so far not been able to stand up when the heat is on. I think some of them (eg Williams) can get there while others (eg Shaq up forward) probably can’t.

But for a few muffed moments we win that game, while they had the composure to take theirs.

To me, that was a very encouraging performance but I seem to be far more optimistic than a lot of posters on here over the past 12 months. We just played off in a GF and all signs point to us being in the mix for top 4 and another crack at the big one in Sept.

I don’t see it as a few muffed moments costing us the game. Melbourne had another gear every time they needed it, while missing both Lever and Salem. They’re miles ahead of us in terms of overall balance, skill and composure.

I’ve got big Port 2007 vibes about our grand final legacy.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 08:39 AM

Reading between the lines I’m assuming:

1. There was lengthy debate at the early MC meeting and Hunter was potentially an out (although appears he was at least going to be a medical emergency in any event). My read is no final call had been made.

2. Somehow this has been leaked to the media. My read is Hunter may not have been aware / expecting the story to come out and that’s the welfare piece. At least give the club the opportunity to call the player and let them know the story is coming but selection / feedback on pre season form is as per all the conversations we’ve been having etc

3. Tom Morris then went and did some long winded video post about how he was right, and then something changed and Hunter was back in, and my read is that has really pissed the club off. Not only had the club not made a final decision, but there was clearly (and always is) room for late changes as folks pull up before the game.

4. Tom Morris is likely to have been given some feedback by the club (directly or indirectly) about etiquette. I suspect this was directed through his employer which is why the question “are FOX happy with how you’re doing it” was asked. If they are, so be it, but I suspect the club said “this is how others play it, Tom needs to align or we are going to put up the shutters for you”.

5. Knowing all of this, Tom attended the press conference with the sole aim to poke the bear knowing he’d get a response based on all of the above. It was bait, Bevo took it in an emotional state after a big week / game.

I hope that Bevo is well supported. It’s a bloody tough gig he’s got and a lot seems to fall on his shoulders. Hopefully the club (someone other than Bevo) come out with a statement today.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 08:41 AM
I don’t see it as a few muffed moments costing us the game. Melbourne had another gear every time they needed it, while missing both Lever and Salem. They’re miles ahead of us in terms of overall balance, skill and composure.

I’ve got big Port 2007 vibes about our grand final legacy.

We all see things differently which is why it’s a great game.

We kicked 8 on them in a row and in fast succession… we are missing key players too, and have a few quite underdone playing into form. A lot of work to do over 23 weeks yep, but I’m staying confident and am going to enjoy the ride.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 08:41 AM
Why not just challenge the first question from Morris as being wrong and then refuse to take any more from him?
As much as I dislike Tom Morris his information looked close to being right on the money so we needed to cop out lumps and move on.
Bevo storming off just added to the notion that Morris had was right and that he won round one.

https://i.postimg.cc/VsRrt1tZ/6-DC67-F46-8-EE5-4-E80-9686-29-B881-BCEB81.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Z0W5kGV6)

Scumbags at newscorp salivating at Bevo’s meltdown. All of Australia !

I’d expect a club sanction after discussions with the AFL and probably an AFL sanction. A statement from the club about our code of conduct and ethics also (it was leaked from us).

Even a week off wouldn’t hurt.

I hope Luke is ok to be honest and that if he needs some assistance he’s getting it.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 08:43 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/VsRrt1tZ/6-DC67-F46-8-EE5-4-E80-9686-29-B881-BCEB81.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Z0W5kGV6)

Lol. Gee whiz, the knives are out for Bevo. The media want him gone is clearly the agenda as he doesn’t swallow their shit and ask for more.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 08:46 AM
Lol. Gee whiz, the knives are out for Bevo. The media want him gone is clearly the agenda as he doesn’t swallow their shit and ask for more.

AFL media is horrible isn’t it, however they’ve done exactly what you’d expect, weaponise it for more clicks.

As much as you might enjoy him tearing a toe rag like Morris apart and then doing a mic drop it’s just not a great look for the club considering commercial implications (potential/existing members and sponsors).

To be honest I’m still at a loss that an AFL coach thinks a journalist is somehow responsible for us being unsettled and by implication a factor in our loss because he barracks for the opposition.

What a sh1t show.

comrade
17-03-2022, 08:47 AM
Haha Australia!

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 08:48 AM

I’d expect a club sanction after discussions with the AFL and probably an AFL sanction. A statement from the club about our code of conduct and ethics also (it was leaked from us).

Even a week off wouldn’t hurt.

I hope Luke is ok to be honest and that if he needs some assistance he’s getting it.

Well Morris does work for Murdoch.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 08:50 AM
The trouble was we made stupid errors going forward and turned the ball over. Three times Williams made errors that resulted in goals, twice trying to do too much and getting caught and the one in the last where Schache was on his own on the wing, but he tried to be too cute by centrering a risky pass, that went straight to a Melbourne player and the goaled. There was only 10 points in it at that point

I would rather us win the game by taking risks. Our execution will improve or we’ll find players who can execute to take those spots, but at times we need to take these kicks to open it up.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 08:52 AM
AFL media is horrible isn’t it, however they’ve done exactly what you’d expect, weaponise it for more clicks.

Correct. I’ve given it enough bandwidth already.

Bevo, rally the troops and let’s get on with business.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 08:55 AM
Haha Australia!

Barry from Wollongong is screaming into his Corn Flakes this morning.

comrade
17-03-2022, 08:57 AM
Barry from Wollongong is screaming into his Corn Flakes this morning.

Covid? Boring.
Ukraine? Nah.
Bevo? It’s an outrage!

Ghost Dog
17-03-2022, 09:26 AM
Bevo looked like a dick… our performance bar an amazing 20min burst was woeful on the back of a poorly selected team and the same errors from the same players who he continually backs in.

We were shown up big time and whilst we have time to rectify it, he needs to get started now.

Well that's nice.
Not to Dogs supporters who appreciate his efforts.
To any reasonable supporter it looked like someone making a bad error of judgement under pressure, V Fox news and we know who they are.
So, Bevo walks away from the game with mental health struggles tommorow.
You think a post like that in a public forum really helps?

Mantis
17-03-2022, 10:03 AM
Well that's nice.
Not to Dogs supporters who appreciate his efforts.
To any reasonable supporter it looked like someone making a bad error of judgement under pressure, V Fox news and we know who they are.
So, Bevo walks away from the game with mental health struggles tommorow.
You think a post like that in a public forum really helps?

That was my opinion based on the comments he made... Whilst there is obviously merit in some of his comments I thought he went way over the top in delivery & got personal when he didn't need to do.

It's all good to preach about the mental health & well-being of our players which Bevo is obviously deeply concerned about, but you need to practice what you preach in all aspects of your life & dealings.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 10:04 AM
I would rather us win the game by taking risks. Our execution will improve or we’ll find players who can execute to take those spots, but at times we need to take these kicks to open it up.

Whilst Williams does a lot of good things, he often gets caught with the ball trying to side step, spin around but he doesn't have the pace. He has to get this out of his game, as he leaks vital goals.

Jeanette54
17-03-2022, 10:04 AM
First thought, good on you Bevo. Hopefully its now out of your system, and an internal investigation can sort out the leak. Please God, let me be a fly on the wall when Luke conducts the exit interview for whoever it is.

However, we have now gone to war with a professional propaganda organisation, which will back Morris to the hilt. They will control the narrative, and it won't be pretty, just petty. We've already seen the pile on from their footy panel. Fox will love this, just imagine the ratings boost it will give them. I imagine they will not acknowledge their position of having privileged access to the club, but instead play the wounded victim line.

We, as a group, must show our support for Bevo, unquestioning and total. This sort of s#@t show has the potential to tear this club apart.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 10:08 AM

As much as you might enjoy him tearing a toe rag like Morris apart and then doing a mic drop it’s just not a great look for the club considering commercial implications (potential/existing members and sponsors).

To be honest I’m still at a loss that an AFL coach thinks a journalist is somehow responsible for us being unsettled and by implication a factor in our loss because he barracks for the opposition.

What a sh1t show.

If he has received leaked information and has decided to run it without a right of reply then yes, it does impact players and staffers who see this stuff in the papers/ on the TV etc. and it does unsettle them.

Australian sports media is unaccountable and extremely pervasive, two elements that make a really bad combination.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 10:16 AM
First thought, good on you Bevo. Hopefully its now out of your system, and an internal investigation can sort out the leak. Please God, let me be a fly on the wall when Luke conducts the exit interview for whoever it is.

However, we have now gone to war with a professional propaganda organisation, which will back Morris to the hilt. They will control the narrative, and it won't be pretty, just petty. We've already seen the pile on from their footy panel. Fox will love this, just imagine the ratings boost it will give them. I imagine they will not acknowledge their position of having privileged access to the club, but instead play the wounded victim line.

We, as a group, must show our support for Bevo, unquestioning and total. This sort of s#@t show has the potential to tear this club apart.

Well said J54.

The way I look at it, journos also have a responsibility but we know that they aren't responsible as all they care about is getting a story. The smug look on Morris' face "On the Couch" how he had this big scoop on Hunter, yet he failed to say anything about Jake Lever who was injured on Sunday and wasn't going to play. Then, when Bevo in his press Conference was asked about selection, and he refused to rule Lachie out, Morris puts out a 5 min video and an article to justify why he said Hunter would be out.
Then Morris after the game, comes in and starts asking about selection again - Bevo then just lost it. Yes he should have handled it better, but I can understand how you could lose it after those three events I just mentioned.

It seems ok for journos' to have a go at coaches and players, but they sook it up and stick together when their own performance is questioned.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 10:17 AM
I didn't mind Bevo having a crack at Morris but he went to far.
The footy media is huge in the AFL and we need to accept this and turn it to our advantage.

Plug the leak and lets get on with the task of winning games of footy not whinging about things like the media, umpires and the rules.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 10:18 AM
I didn't mind Bevo having a crack at Morris but he went to far.
The footy media is huge in the AFL and we need to accept this and turn it to our advantage.

Plug the leak and lets get on with the task of winning games of footy not whinging about things like the media, umpires and the rules.

so true

jeemak
17-03-2022, 10:19 AM
Well said J54.

The way I look at it, journos also have a responsibility but we know that they aren't responsible as all they care about is getting a story. The smug look on Morris' face "On the Couch" how he had this big scoop on Hunter, yet he failed to say anything about Jake Lever who was injured on Sunday and wasn't going to play. Then, when Bevo in his press Conference was asked about selection, and he refused to rule Lachie out, Morris puts out a 5 min video and an article to justify why he said Hunter would be out.
Then Morris after the game, comes in and starts asking about selection again - Bevo then just lost it. Yes he should have handled it better, but I can understand how you could lose it after those three events I just mentioned.

It seems ok for journos' to have a go at coaches and players, but they sook it up and stick together when their own performance is questioned.

But, but, but.....it's not just journalists who are sticking up for Morris, it's also independents like Lyon, Brown, Buckley and Reiwoldt who also definitely don't have a conflict of interest or bias in the matter sticking up for him!

The Bulldogs Bite
17-03-2022, 10:23 AM
But, but, but.....it's not just journalists who are sticking up for Morris, it's also independents like Lyon, Brown, Buckley and Reiwoldt who also definitely don't have a conflict of interest or bias in the matter sticking up for him!

When Lyon started talking about integrity I almost combusted.

He's the LAST person to be talking about integrity, the filthy grub.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 10:29 AM
If he has received leaked information and has decided to run it without a right of reply then yes, it does impact players and staffers who see this stuff in the papers/ on the TV etc. and it does unsettle them.

Australian sports media is unaccountable and extremely pervasive, two elements that make a really bad combination.

Enjoy the English media ! xD

Didn't he have a right of reply a couple of times but instead chose to throw the toys out of the cot on both occassions?

Morris is clearly a world class flog, and I hate the media but I'm not sure what the play is from Bevo.

Does he want to run the entire club under the cloak of darkness? Hunter wasn't in awesome form pre-season so was it that big a shock (i'd heard some rumours early)?

Or was it some tactical ploy from Bevo to fire up Hunter that backfired; is that why he's so miffed? I'd really love to know. Because I think there's better ways to motivate than the threat of demotion. Not saying it can't work though ha.

Sometimes I wonder who is running the club by the way.

One of the more interesting things to come out of this will be the reaction of the club executive for mine.

I've seen many an empire builder over my years and they enjoy having the keys. Hope we have good separation of powers.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 10:29 AM
When Lyon started talking about integrity I almost combusted.

He's the LAST person to be talking about integrity, the filthy grub.

If you ever want to gauge how truly pitiful, crass and lacking in substance society is you only need look at its politicians and media. That Lyon is as popular as he is is damning on us as a collective.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 10:34 AM

Reading social media, the majority of people are behind Bevo, as they hate journos

Bevo and Morris have had clashes before:

From 2018

“I stand by my story,” said Morris on Sportsday.

“Clearly I wouldn’t go with a story if I didn’t have enough sources, and on this case, multiple sources suggesting that Luke Dahlhaus was on the table last year in the trade period.

“I was disappointed he (Beveridge) said it was unethical and called me a liar but I stand by my story completely.”

We had a 3 year offer on the table, but Luke wanted 4 and more money, so it was BS.

merantau
17-03-2022, 10:48 AM
If you ever want to gauge how truly pitiful, crass and lacking in substance society is you only need look at its politicians and media. That Lyon is as popular as he is is damning on us as a collective.

Yours is a pretty bleak view of us as a collective and it's one I share. As for the politicians: yes the collective put them in power, however narrowly, but they are only part of the reason why society has regressed in many ways.

When commercial media interests feed a mass audience with a diet of toxic dross (I'll name the programs, if you wish) and public education remains grossly underfunded and in crisis, it is little wonder that we find ourselves in the situation that we're in. Time to do what we can to arrest the slide.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 10:55 AM
Apparently Caro on 3AW has questioned Bevo's mental fitness and present ability to coach. Heard that second hand, but fmd this is great PR hey ! My phone won't stop buzzing, if it wasn't a work phone it would be off.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 10:56 AM
Apparently Caro on 3AW has questioned Bevo's mental fitness and present ability to coach. Heard that second hand, but fmd this is great PR hey ! My phone won't stop buzzing, if it wasn't a work phone it would be off.

you know what "*!*!*!*!" Caro

Vred
17-03-2022, 10:59 AM
Do I think what Bevo did was right? No
Do I understand the motive and reasoning behind it? Yes

Not the time, not the place, I just want a focus on the football and not the bullshit between coaches/media, because god knows our football needs to be focus'd on after the horrid display we put on last night.

EasternWest
17-03-2022, 11:05 AM
Really, really disappointing stuff from Bevo. Morris seems like (is) a gronk but you can’t put it on him for doing his job. I get that deflecting from the team’s underperformance is his move but he’s made a non-issue into a big story (which I’m sure the circlejerk AFL media will report on objectively). And of course he worked the soft cap in for completely no reason. He should really save this stuff for the toilets at the Brownlow.

Also yo that game was so painful. Good to see that Schache still sucks, can’t wait until O’Brien is fit so we can have two of him.

Great to have you back, funny guy.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Great to have you back, funny guy.

.... +1

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-03-2022, 11:15 AM
To be honest, I've been struggling to get excited about footy this past month. With what's happening in Ukraine, I just can't seem to rise above and watch footy with the excitement I have to date always had. Hoping this changes, because I don't think I can watch us play when I'm feeling so ambivalent about it all right now.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 11:22 AM

What a disgusting piece of shit.

Calling out someone's mental capacity is pretty silly. He's not just invaded a sovereign state.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 11:23 AM
you know what "*!*!*!*!" Caro

Your call. I'll pass :)

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 11:24 AM

Calling out someone's mental capacity is pretty silly. He's not just invaded a sovereign state.

Very low.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 11:25 AM
I've just received another angle of the presser from a mate...

This makes it seem a lot worse. No wonder Bevo was distracted!!

https://youtu.be/CGbdoQk9EIA

jeemak
17-03-2022, 11:36 AM
I've just received another angle of the presser from a mate...

This makes it seem a lot worse. No wonder Bevo was distracted!!

https://youtu.be/CGbdoQk9EIA

That'd be sick fun on pingers.

The Bulldogs Bite
17-03-2022, 11:41 AM

It's incredible how contradictive these 'journalists' are. Watching them band together and cry victim makes me sick.

HTF does Caro even have a job after her blatant lies from a few years ago around the Essendon/Hird saga?

The lack of accountability in journalism is appalling.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 11:43 AM
Your call. I'll pass :)

hehehe :D

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 12:10 PM
There's a bit off a power struggle going on now. Media circling the wagons and looking after one another, not wanting to be pushed towards behaving more responsibly and having to cultivate positive, professional relationships with the clubs. They just want free reign, full entitlement to access and a forgive and forget approach to burning bridges.

Bevo clearly expressing a different set of expectations and aggrieved that they aren't being met.

Watch the venom really start to seep out and be recirculated across media as they look after their own here. They'll sink pretty low to try put him in his place. Best thing to do from here is to close ranks, no comment, no engagement, no apologies. Just shut down and focus on the footy.

soupman
17-03-2022, 12:18 PM
It's just so deflating to have an underwhelming performance coupled with this bullshit.

Now we are going to have to endure the most energy sapping discussion from the media, and Beveridge is going to 100% double down and just get grumpier and keep doing lame petty things like playing with selection news and being real nasty in press conferences. Surely after a pre-season that consisted of a bunch of inane chatter about a song that literally no one cares about we don't deserve to have to put up with this crap.

Way to kill off any enthusiasm we had for this season.

Mantis
17-03-2022, 12:43 PM
It's just so deflating to have an underwhelming performance coupled with this bullshit.

Now we are going to have to endure the most energy sapping discussion from the media, and Beveridge is going to 100% double down and just get grumpier and keep doing lame petty things like playing with selection news and being real nasty in press conferences. Surely after a pre-season that consisted of a bunch of inane chatter about a song that literally no one cares about we don't deserve to have to put up with this crap.

Way to kill off any enthusiasm we had for this season.

Yep… there is absolutely no focus on what was largely a meek performance with a number of players performing poorly in unsuitable roles, and why we fumble and make poor decisions/ basic skill errors under pressure.. the whole focus is on our coach losing his shit and bringing undue heat onto the entire club after just one game.

Bullies
17-03-2022, 12:59 PM
Yep… there is absolutely no focus on what was largely a meek performance with a number of players performing poorly in unsuitable roles, and why we fumble and make poor decisions/ basic skill errors under pressure.. the whole focus is on our coach losing his shit and bringing undue heat onto the entire club after just one game. Agreed. Not good internally either. Luke will be looking for the source. He should have just bided his time to get at Tom but he couldn't help himself. There was no need for it especially at this stage of the year. Lose next week and watch them come for Luke.

Vred
17-03-2022, 01:00 PM
Not good internally either. Luke will be looking for the source. He should have just bided his time. There was no need for it especially at this stage of the year. Lose next week and watch them come for Luke.

When do we start talking to Clarko?

bornadog
17-03-2022, 01:15 PM
When do we start talking to Clarko?

Is this a joke

Vred
17-03-2022, 01:39 PM
Is this a joke

Very much so.
No one is gonna come for Bevo, media can beat their chests as much as they like but nothing will happen, worst, complete worse case, is AFL suspend him for a few games (can they even do that?) and Smith takes over as head coach for a few games.

ReLoad
17-03-2022, 01:48 PM
Very much so.
No one is gonna come for Bevo, media can beat their chests as much as they like but nothing will happen, worst, complete worse case, is AFL suspend him for a few games (can they even do that?) and Smith takes over as head coach for a few games.

I think we're being very flippant about the issue, I actually think Bevo needs a spell. his reactions were almost an act of gross misconduct and as a key communicator of the club, its his duty and responsibility to deal with the media. - the fact hat he has completely alienated them all really doesn't serve our club well.

Bevo is a brilliant coach, no question and he has given and continues to give everything to us, but at what cost?

Personally if I were Granty or Ameet, id give clarko a call as a "break in case of emergency" scenario. - which incidentally looks more likely than ever at this point.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 01:52 PM
I think we're being very flippant about the issue, I actually think Bevo needs a spell. his reactions were almost an act of gross misconduct and as a key communicator of the club, its his duty and responsibility to deal with the media. - the fact hat he has completely alienated them all really doesn't serve our club well.

Bevo is a brilliant coach, no question and he has given and continues to give everything to us, but at what cost?

Personally if I were Granty or Ameet, id give clarko a call as a "break in case of emergency" scenario. - which incidentally looks more likely than ever at this point.

I tend to agree (not sure about Clarko but otherwise).

Influential supporters would not be looking at that as a club that is handling itself well at all, let alone commercial partners.

It was churlish and extremely unprofessional, I hope we get a statement soon from the club before the AFL.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 01:57 PM

I tend to agree (not sure about Clarko but otherwise).

Influential supporters would not be looking at that as a club that is handling itself well at all, let alone commercial partners.

It was churlish and extremely unprofessional, I hope we get a statement soon from the club before the AFL.

Wow complete over reaction.

His delivery maybe poor, but what he said was accurate. If a journo finds a story they usually check with the club first to verify or not. Tom doesn't do this and apparently did the same thing last year when he found out Gardner wasn't playing. According to one journo, Bevo rang Tom to discuss- but just goes over the little turds head because he wants a scoop.

when Hunter was picked to play, why did Morris put out a 5 minute video trying to justify his story? Just unnecessary stuff

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 02:08 PM

His delivery maybe poor, but what he said was accurate. If a journo finds a story they usually check with the club first to verify or not. Tom doesn't do this and apparently did the same thing last year when he found out Gardner wasn't playing. According to one journo, Bevo rang Tom to discuss- but just goes over the little turds head because he wants a scoop.

when Hunter was picked to play, why did Morris put out a 5 minute video trying to justify his story? Just unnecessary stuff

Bevo admitted that Tom was correct.

Agree to disagree :)

Edit: This bit

"We went in with a plan. We had some late stuff go on, with JJ unfortunately coming out in the warm-up. Everything other than that was according to plan from the Sunday, which somehow you found out about again"

Bullies
17-03-2022, 02:14 PM

That is the issue Hunter was not picked to play and Morris found out. Tom was correct and did what any journalist would do. Hunter knew on the weekend he was Emergency Sub. A complete over reaction by Luke and doing the club no favors.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 02:14 PM
Bevo admitted that Tom was correct.

Agree to disagree :)

Edit: This bit

"We went in with a plan. We had some late stuff go on, with JJ unfortunately coming out in the warm-up. Everything other than that was according to plan from the Sunday, which somehow you found out about again"

But Tom was wrong, he said Hunter was dropped? He was in the 23

The real issue is someone is leaking stuff to him.

This from someone which was verified by Daniel Cherney

the Lachie Hunter news alone isn’t why he was so angry

I believe Tom told the world Gardner was dropped for the grand final before the club were 100% sure and before they could tell Ryan himself

He may well have heard through the media - not great for the individual

bornadog
17-03-2022, 02:23 PM
That is the issue Hunter was not picked to play and Morris found out. Tom was correct and did what any journalist would do. Hunter knew on the weekend he was Emergency Sub. A complete over reaction by Luke and doing the club no favors.

As Bevo said to Tom, Do the ethical thing like other journos, and ring the club first. Tom is too busy trying to be the hero.

Bulldog Revolution
17-03-2022, 02:29 PM
Bevos response wasn’t his finest moment - however Caros call for a 100k fine is utterly deranged

Football journalists are rarely or the Adele Ferguson, Sarah Ferguson standard

Lots of them are gossip columnists - existing to create click bait and the AFL.com crew can be the worst in this space - hopelessly compromised by their employer and hardly independent

Did Tom report Lever being out with injury? If he didn’t then it speaks to some bias

Hunter has had issues of mental health and I suspect that’s why Bevo mentioned it and took umbrage with Morris reporting without discussing

azabob
17-03-2022, 02:32 PM
Tony Jones and Caroline Wilson are calling for the media to boycott Luke Beveridge.

Ah, I'm pretty sure he would prefer not to do media!

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 02:34 PM
Tony Jones and Caroline Wilson are calling for the media to boycott Luke Beveridge.

Bevo wouldn’t mind that.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 02:35 PM
tony jones and caroline wilson are calling for the media to boycott luke beveridge.

Ah, i'm pretty sure he would prefer not to do media!

fantastic news

The Bulldogs Bite
17-03-2022, 02:38 PM

Laughable.

Tony Jones should stick to teeth whitening and his cringey jokes and advances towards co-workers.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 02:40 PM

Bevo and his 4d chess. Why didn't I see it coming!

Scorlibo
17-03-2022, 04:14 PM

:D

It would be the divorce of a loveless marriage!

Bevo was out of line asking for Tom Morris leave the press conference, then proceeding to name call. It was unnecessary and is drawing attention away from the very concern that he was rightfully eager to voice.

It's common practise for journalists writing about an organisation to approach the organisation before publishing the story. It's not just to verify the story, or just to offer them a response, it's also to allow the organisation an opportunity to get their house sorted. Players should not be learning about their non-selection in the team from a publication, that's the bottom line. A phone call to the club before publication doesn't cost Tom Morris or Fox anything save for a small fraction of his time.

If it's true that Bevo has had a private conversation with Tom Morris after the Grand Final, then that makes this second occasion a lot more damning.

Then there's the question over the integrity of the game. Here I don't believe that it's Tom Morris' personal obligation to not run the story on these grounds, but I do see the problem. There is a set time that both clubs must release their selected team, and it's not strictly fair for one team to be made aware of the other team's selections before that time. We've got to take the lion's share of the responsibility for this, it's a leak from our organisation, but the AFL (and Fox as a broadcaster) should also be taking seriously any behaviour that threatens the integrity of the competition.

I fully hope and expect the Club to support Bevo's message, but condemn his delivery.

chef
17-03-2022, 04:17 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/BuzzBoiz/status/1504294856348569606?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembe d%7Ctwterm%5E1504296001770729474%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

Tom Morris hey.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 04:24 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/BuzzBoiz/status/1504294856348569606?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembe d%7Ctwterm%5E1504296001770729474%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=

Tom Morris hey.

Oh this has gone grub nation.

Liquor license, well TIL.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 04:25 PM

Tom Morris hey.

Should be sacked over that, discussing women like that.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 04:27 PM
:D

It would be the divorce of a loveless marriage!

Bevo was out of line asking for Tom Morris leave the press conference, then proceeding to name call. It was unnecessary and is drawing attention away from the very concern that he was rightfully eager to voice.

It's common practise for journalists writing about an organisation to approach the organisation before publishing the story. It's not just to verify the story, or just to offer them a response, it's also to allow the organisation an opportunity to get their house sorted. Players should not be learning about their non-selection in the team from a publication, that's the bottom line. A phone call to the club before publication doesn't cost Tom Morris or Fox anything save for a small fraction of his time.

If it's true that Bevo has had a private conversation with Tom Morris after the Grand Final, then that makes this second occasion a lot more damning.

Then there's the question over the integrity of the game. Here I don't believe that it's Tom Morris' personal obligation to not run the story on these grounds, but I do see the problem. There is a set time that both clubs must release their selected team, and it's not strictly fair for one team to be made aware of the other team's selections before that time. We've got to take the lion's share of the responsibility for this, it's a leak from our organisation, but the AFL (and Fox as a broadcaster) should also be taking seriously any behaviour that threatens the integrity of the competition.

I fully hope and expect the Club to support Bevo's message, but condemn his delivery.

great Post.

The GF discussion was tweeted by Daniel Cherney, but he also said Bevo tore strips off him. The guy never learns.

Scorlibo
17-03-2022, 04:29 PM

Tom Morris hey.

Bad human.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Bad human.

Fox will probably promote him.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Oh this has gone grub nation.

Liquor license, well TIL.

Tom Morris Wednesday night "Fox backs me"
Fox on Thursday "Hi Tom, please report to HR immediately"

chef
17-03-2022, 04:38 PM
hehe on Twitter: "tom morris �� https://t.co/j3a3Q3o2dY" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/toolschism_mp3/status/1504308579662065667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembe d%7Ctwterm%5E1504308579662065667%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=)

bornadog
17-03-2022, 04:40 PM
hehe on Twitter: "tom morris �� https://t.co/j3a3Q3o2dY" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/toolschism_mp3/status/1504308579662065667?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembe d%7Ctwterm%5E1504308579662065667%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=)

Wow, all the dirt is coming out now

The Bulldogs Bite
17-03-2022, 04:44 PM
This is great.

I hope it buries his career.

Can we gather Mr. Integrity Gaz Lyon and his band of followers around for a discussion on Tommy's behaviour?

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 04:46 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/sX0VdfG2/Screenshot-20220317-154317-Samsung-Internet.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

bornadog
17-03-2022, 04:53 PM
Release the Tom Morris Video

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOBmeNwaQAEkYnz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Happy Days
17-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Morris really does feel like the kinda guy that some women on Instagram might have some receipts on.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 05:06 PM
Bevo should get a fair hearing today from the ALFMA. Ha.

"AFLMA president Damian Barrett and Beveridge have a deep, personal dislike for each other — they had a physical confrontation at Crown Casino several years back — but that shouldn’t play a role in this latest distasteful encounter."

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 05:09 PM
Release the Tom Morris Video

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOBmeNwaQAEkYnz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Fixed

https://i.postimg.cc/sgxMNcdm/Screenshot-2022-03-17-160927.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 05:10 PM
the pile on has turned and now is actually more fun than 3Q of the footy was last night.

That's not really great for our prospects, but silver linings and all....

jeemak
17-03-2022, 05:35 PM
I can't believe Tom Morris might be a racist, sexist misogynist.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 05:57 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/SbtWGvMSmJIaV8faS8/giphy.gif

EasternWest
17-03-2022, 06:00 PM

Was it the Trump tshirt? The hashtag?

comrade
17-03-2022, 06:06 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/sX0VdfG2/Screenshot-20220317-154317-Samsung-Internet.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

We’re all out here playing checkers.

Not Bevo.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 06:12 PM

Some connectable dots are emerging.

Jeanette54
17-03-2022, 06:13 PM
Don't miss AFL Tonight on Fox. After today's events it should be GOLD !

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 06:17 PM
But Tom was wrong, he said Hunter was dropped? He was in the 23

The real issue is someone is leaking stuff to him.

This from someone which was verified by Daniel Cherney

Are we splitting hairs here? I think most players being named as a medical sub would consider it being dropped.

DOG GOD
17-03-2022, 06:18 PM
Other than that 15 mins of the 2nd, I am very concerned by our fwd line. I don’t even wanna think if Naughton went down long term. Bruce out hurts. English playing as the sole ruck, robbing us of a fwd target. Cordy and Schache god help us. Should never play fwd. They offer Jack squat.

Weightman, Vanders, Hannan, JJ, and whoever else is thrown into the fwd 50 needs to be stronger in the contest, and able to mark the ball.

As much as I look at the defence and the ruck issue, the fwd line scares the hell out of me and I fear we will kick under 10 goals more so than kicking more than 10 for the game.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 06:25 PM

the videos

comrade
17-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Old Tommy has been stood down by Fox Footy apparently. Shame.

https://i.ibb.co/1sn7zgy/FOB7pg-LVQAA-IK9.jpg (https://ibb.co/RhSYjFr)

The bulldog tragician
17-03-2022, 06:34 PM
Morris has just been suspended from Fox Footy. I guess his proud fee moments of merely being a gutter journalist are now a career highlight.

EasternWest
17-03-2022, 06:44 PM
Morris has just been suspended from Fox Footy. I guess his proud fee moments of merely being a gutter journalist are now a career highlight.

"They back me"

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 06:45 PM
"They back me"

Sometimes the good guys do win xD

jeemak
17-03-2022, 06:47 PM
Club Statement:

'https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1079446/western-bulldogs-statement

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 06:50 PM
Lots going on here. Glad he's been called out as a gutter human, hope he's getting support, hope it leads to real change in the culture of AFL journalism, hope the boys club isn't able to get him off the hook.

But mostly I hope the colleague who he spoke about in such disgusting terms is getting the support she needs. No idea if her sexuality was common knowledge, and nor should it need to have been. Unfortunately while sharing that video proved a point about Tom, it has thrown a young lady under a bus she would not have seen coming.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 06:53 PM
Lots going on here. Glad he's been called out as a gutter human, hope he's getting support, hope it leads to real change in the culture of AFL journalism, hope the boys club isn't able to get him off the hook.

But mostly I hope the colleague who he spoke about in such disgusting terms is getting the support she needs. No idea if her sexuality was common knowledge, and nor should it need to have been. Unfortunately while sharing that video proved a point about Tom, it has thrown a young lady under a bus she would not have seen coming.

That's a very relevant point JD.

She's collateral damage in this whole ridiculous saga.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 06:53 PM
Club Statement:

'https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1079446/western-bulldogs-statement

Good statement. Overstepped but backs Bevo in and supports him.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 07:08 PM
Morris really does feel like the kinda guy that some women on Instagram might have some receipts on.

He needs a session down at the nets with Bevo :)

whythelongface
17-03-2022, 07:23 PM
Good statement. Overstepped but backs Bevo in and supports him.

Bloody good statement from Kylie. As you state it is great that club backs him and supports him noting that his behaviour was out of character and did not meet the clubs values.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 08:56 PM
How is the irony. A controversy over leaked information. Now leaked information has revealed the true character of Tom Morris, confirming what a lot of us knew deep down. He is a flog of questionable character and basically thinks he is better than everyone else. Absolutely disgusting comments about one of his female work colleagues at Fox Sports.

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 09:28 PM
Don't rate the statement from the Club. It is just an exercise in appeasement and going through the motions because someone at the AFL wasn't happy. I understand they have to do it, and appreciate Bevo has shown some humility as a leader here but in terms of showing any care for Morris and respect, he doesn't deserve it.

Keep hearing about this magical line that has been crossed. Quite a nebulous concept.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 09:36 PM
Where is the flood of journos speaking out against Morris’s disgraceful conduct? Silence.

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 09:37 PM
Where is the flood of journos speaking out against Morris’s disgraceful conduct? Silence.

Yes, will be interesting to see if the narrative changes now. Probably all busy trying to get dirt on our club to take a few more shots…

Go_Dogs
17-03-2022, 09:38 PM
Don't rate the statement from the Club. It is just an exercise in appeasement and going through the motions because someone at the AFL wasn't happy. I understand they have to do it, and appreciate Bevo has shown some humility as a leader here but in terms of showing any care for Morris and respect, he doesn't deserve it.

Keep hearing about this magical line that has been crossed. Quite a nebulous concept.

We have to play the game. It’s a reasonable statement in the circumstances and covers all bases / stakeholders while supporting our man and confirming we have his back.

EasternWest
17-03-2022, 09:44 PM

Reckon there'll be a fair amount of Instagram scrubbing and Whatsapp appeals going on.

I wonder which of Tom's "mates" leaked the videos?

merantau
17-03-2022, 09:45 PM
Tom Browne reports on Bevo's $1000 fine (half time Channel 7) but no mention of Morris being stood down by Fox. Journalist? Yeah sure. That is weak as.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 10:14 PM
Tom Browne reports on Bevo's $1000 fine (half time Channel 7) but no mention of Morris being stood down by Fox. Journalist? Yeah sure. That is weak as.

What is the $1000 fine? Is this an AFL thing?

merantau
17-03-2022, 10:19 PM
What is the $1000 fine? Is this an AFL thing?

I believe so but not 100% sure. The last thing I heard was "to a charity of his choice". So ... I dunno. Someone will know.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 10:21 PM

Anyone else glad there weren't recordings of their 20 something nights out with mates?

Seriously who hoards and then leaks this stuff.

An anonymous person who escapes any attention.

Does anyone really want Morris to lose his career? I don't.

I've never had any issues watching him on the coverage.

PS I don't condone it. But blokes talk rubbish at times.

SonofScray
17-03-2022, 11:01 PM

I do. Shit bloke.

josie
17-03-2022, 11:03 PM
Club has handled this well, stating wholehearted support for Bevo whilst acknowledging he overstepped the line and Bevo’s apology timely and well worded. $20k donation to mental health organisation dogs are affiliated with. Let’s move on.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 11:07 PM
I do. Shit bloke.

Haha.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 11:11 PM
Anyone else glad there weren't recordings of their 20 something nights out with mates?

He recorded himself saying that and then sent it as a message. That’s is just stupidity of the highest order. I don’t care who you send it to. Once you send it, who knows where it goes.

whythelongface
17-03-2022, 11:15 PM

There is rubbish talk and then there is rubbish talk that is clearly sexist and / or racial. That type of talk should be called out, whether public or private. I don’t recall derogatory comments around my circle of friends like what I have heard. Yes there was lots of trash talk but not crossing the line where misogynistic and racial comments are part of the norm.

Morris is a toss pot and has been called out for what he is. Bevo overstepped the mark last night but clearly understands the type of scum Morris is. I would love him to lose his job.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 11:15 PM
He recorded himself saying that and then sent it as a message. That’s is just stupidity of the highest order. I don’t care who you send it to. Once you send it, who knows where it goes.

Hard to argue but the times have changed. That's how people communicate now.
We used to sit around a pub talking rubbish.

By the way I'm absolutely diametrically opposed to Tom's politics but he doesn't deserve to lose his career over this.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 11:18 PM
There is rubbish talk and then there is rubbish talk that is clearly sexist and / or racial. That type of talk should be called out, whether public or private. I don’t recall derogatory comments around my circle of friends like what I have heard. Yes there was lots of trash talk but not crossing the line where misogynistic and racial comments are part of the norm.

Morris is a toss pot and has been called out for what he is. Bevo overstepped the mark last night but clearly understands the type of scum Morris is. I would love him to lose his job.

Do you think loving someone losing their career is ok? (total devils advocate).

I wish I was as clean skinned as you but if you recorded any end of season trip you'd get 1000 times worse.

Where's Twodogs.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 11:33 PM

I wish I was as clean skinned as you but if you recorded any end of season trip you'd get 1000 times worse.

Where's Twodogs.

That sort of stupidity should be rubbed out of the culture of men.

whythelongface
17-03-2022, 11:33 PM

Where's Twodogs.

Not saying I am cleaned skinned at all as there was plenty of trash talk especially after substance consumption but it didn’t go down the path of misogyny or racial abuse - not suggesting Morris partook in racial abuse ( can’t recall his exact words) but certainly is misogynistic in regards to the conversation about his work colleague. I don’t know about you but that certainly is not the types conversations we had - that has nothing to do with being clean skinned, more to do with respect.

I don’t care if someone like Morris loses their job. Just like Morrison or Eddie McGuire - couldn’t care less. They dish it out to others because they believe’they are superior’ so frankly they can suck it up.

whythelongface
17-03-2022, 11:35 PM
That sort of stupidity should be rubbed out of the culture of men.

Totally agree. Just blokes big noting themselves.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 11:40 PM
Not saying I am cleaned skinned at all as there was plenty of trash talk especially after substance consumption but it didn’t go down the path of misogyny or racial abuse - not suggesting Morris partook in racial abuse ( can’t recall his exact words) but certainly is misogynistic in regards to the conversation about his work colleague. I don’t know about you but that certainly is not the types conversations we had - that has nothing to do with being clean skinned, more to do with respect.

I don’t care if someone like Morris loses their job. Just like Morrison or Eddie McGuire - couldn’t care less. They dish it out to others because they believe’they are superior’ so frankly they can suck it up.

On another video released today. Tom Morris - “I’m not Asian, I’m not black, I’m not a women, I’m not gay…So don’t treat me like shit“

He is also a racist. What a piece of work.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 11:42 PM

Also interesting that Eddie often referred to Tom Morris as “Melbourne Grammar boy Tom Morris”. What school did Eddie’s boys go to. Yep. Melbourne Grammar. Boys club.

whythelongface
17-03-2022, 11:45 PM
On another video released today. Tom Morris - “I’m not Asian, I’m not black, I’m not a women, I’m not gay…So don’t treat me like shit“

He is also a racist. What a piece of work.

There you go. Thanks for clarifying.

MrMahatma
17-03-2022, 11:46 PM

By the way I'm absolutely diametrically opposed to Tom's politics but he doesn't deserve to lose his career over this.

His career as a journo can live on, but his job at Fox will not and cannot. Fox as an employer can’t allow what he said about another of their employees to be condoned. I dare say they won’t. So he’ll be gone… and that’s before the other racist recording is even considered.

His problem will be finding another job after the high profile exit he’s about to have to navigate. But he’ll probably have enough connections to get a gig somewhere. His career won’t be over, but it will be very much reduced in significance and wage etc. Is that ok with you? It’s ok with me.

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 11:50 PM
His career as a journo can live on, but his job at Fox will not and cannot. Fox as an employer can’t allow what he said about another of their employees to be condoned. I dare say they won’t. So he’ll be gone… and that’s before the other racist recording is even considered.

His problem will be finding another job after the high profile exit he’s about to have to navigate. But he’ll probably have enough connections to get a gig somewhere. His career won’t be over, but it will be very much reduced in significance and wage etc. Is that ok with you? It’s ok with me.

Does Sky need a footy reporter?

The bulldog tragician
17-03-2022, 11:51 PM

He would lose his job at any workplace for that. And I hope and expect that will be the outcome. He is speaking about a colleague. What message does it send the woman in question to be sniggered about like that for her alleged sexuality. The second video of the “I’m not gay or Asian” tripe confirms it’s a pattern for him. Just please god don’t let his “ punishment” be attending some BS awareness raising session. I’m tired of seeing adults who somehow have to learn the surprising news that it’s not ok to insult people. My kids would have known that when they were five years old.

jazzadogs
18-03-2022, 12:06 AM

Voice messages are very common now - but voice messages saying what he said about a colleague are not, and should never be, common.

I'm a 31 year old white guy who went to a mid-level private school. I am in many group chats with male friends of similar ages. There are undoubtedly parts of the chat that we would all prefer kept private, but anything along those lines would have been called out immediately. I would never dream of talking about a woman, let alone a colleague, in that way. It was vulgar, homophobic, misogynistic, degrading bullshyte and it cannot be defended. His employer must sack him and support the colleague that he vilified.

Saying that it would be standard chat on a footy trip is not okay in my view - the footy trip culture, which is undoubtedly inspired by the AFL culture, which is inspired by the almost exclusively private school boys playing AFL, who also seem to inspire a lot of societal attitudes through their connections to media/politics, all needs to change. I can't imagine the frustration of being a woman and beating your head against the patriarchal brick wall every day while nothing seems to change.

If your mates/family/colleagues/teammates make comments like those of Tom Morris, we all have to get better at calling them out on it.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 12:15 AM
Voice messages are very common now - but voice messages saying what he said about a colleague are not, and should never be, common.

I'm a 31 year old white guy who went to a mid-level private school. I am in many group chats with male friends of similar ages. There are undoubtedly parts of the chat that we would all prefer kept private, but anything along those lines would have been called out immediately. I would never dream of talking about a woman, let alone a colleague, in that way. It was vulgar, homophobic, misogynistic, degrading bullshyte and it cannot be defended. His employer must sack him and support the colleague that he vilified.

Saying that it would be standard chat on a footy trip is not okay in my view - the footy trip culture, which is undoubtedly inspired by the AFL culture, which is inspired by the almost exclusively private school boys playing AFL, who also seem to inspire a lot of societal attitudes through their connections to media/politics, all needs to change. I can't imagine the frustration of being a woman and beating your head against the patriarchal brick wall every day while nothing seems to change.

If your mates/family/colleagues/teammates make comments like those of Tom Morris, we all have to get better at calling them out on it.

Well said.

As a man with a young daughter, I absolutely want Morris held accountable and that means losing his job.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:20 AM

If the private parts leaked to your employer would you deserve to lose your job? I’d say no.

Love your generations perspective it was very different for me, I was like you but the odd man out.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:25 AM
He would lose his job at any workplace for that. And I hope and expect that will be the outcome. He is speaking about a colleague. What message does it send the woman in question to be sniggered about like that for her alleged sexuality. The second video of the “I’m not gay or Asian” tripe confirms it’s a pattern for him. Just please god don’t let his “ punishment” be attending some BS awareness raising session. I’m tired of seeing adults who somehow have to learn the surprising news that it’s not ok to insult people. My kids would have known that when they were five years old.

My issue is around private conversations being used to determine a persons worth out of context. I’m sure hes got a mum and dad who are proud of him and family who care.

He’s not a criminal, he said some dumb stuff around his mates which may or may not reflect his character who knows?

Im not hanging the kid on some stupid talk.

if he jumps off the Westgate because his career is gone wait for the queue of captain hindsights.

soupman
18-03-2022, 12:26 AM
Great post Jazzadogs. I was going to try and add to it but i don't really see the point, you've nailed my thoughts.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:36 AM
There’s some irony here that beggars belief. Bevo goes ape droppings at a kid, in public and a majority feel ok with that.

A guy half his age says something in private without any context and you’re happy to nail him to the cross.

Ye gods.

jazzadogs
18-03-2022, 12:37 AM
If the private parts leaked to your employer would you deserve to lose your job? I’d say no.

Love your generations perspective it was very different for me, I was like you but the odd man out.

If the conversation was related to a colleague, yes I think I would deserve to lose my job.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:40 AM
If the conversation was related to a colleague, yes I think I would deserve to lose my job.

So some random person be ok? I’m looking for a principle here. You admit there’s things you wouldn’t want leaked but at the same time, if applied to someone else believe it should be punished.

jazzadogs
18-03-2022, 12:42 AM
My issue is around private conversations being used to determine a persons worth out of context. I’m sure hes got a mum and dad who are proud of him and family who care.

He’s not a criminal, he said some dumb stuff around his mates which may or may not reflect his character who knows?

if he jumps off the Westgate because his career is gone wait for the queue of captain hindsights.

I hope that he is well supported and people around him are having some serious conversations about how he treats other people. His life doesn't need to be ruined, but he cannot continue in the same workplace as that female colleague. The culture has to change and intolerance should not be tolerated.

None of this is an attack on you GG - I see where you are coming from and understand that you are not defending what he said, but rather what the response should be.

jazzadogs
18-03-2022, 12:45 AM
So some random person be ok?

I think a position where you have spoken about a colleague in that way is untenable.

There are a lot of complexities to workplace laws and I would imagine that similar messages that were not directly related to the workplace would result in some sort of cultural training, official warning etc. I don't necessarily agree with that but I think that's what would happen.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:45 AM
I hope that he is well supported and people around him are having some serious conversations about how he treats other people. His life doesn't need to be ruined, but he cannot continue in the same workplace as that female colleague. The culture has to change and intolerance should not be tolerated.

None of this is an attack on you GG - I see where you are coming from and understand that you are not defending what he said, but rather what the response should be.
It’s more the context of what he said and when he said it if that makes sense, I’m literally arguing against myself because I agree but life isn’t that black and white.

I’m 46, if you’re the level of intelligence and insight of the next generation we are in very good hands mate.

jeemak
18-03-2022, 01:42 AM

I hope he doesn't jump off the Westgate, but just because he theoretically might it doesn't mean he shouldn't be held accountable for the things he was caught saying.

Scraggers
18-03-2022, 02:08 AM

Where is the line in the sand? When is enough, enough? If misogyny and racism is not called out and admonished by us; this generation, then when will it? If I did this in my work place (a female dominated work place) I would be hauled over the coals and either looking for a new job, or demoted a few positions. Fox are duty bound to act. They cannot sit back on their collective high-horses and hope to sweep this under the carpet. Standing him down is not enough. A public apology or apology to the female journalist he besmirched is not enough. He must be sacked. He must be made an example. This is where the line in the sand should be.

FrediKanoute
18-03-2022, 04:15 AM

Funny we had a kid (18/19 y/o) at work. He was on a chat on a University chat room where some things were said by people and he laughed along with what was said. From memory they were both sexist and racist. Someone got offended and effectively reported the group, him included to their employers suggesting that organisation should consider who we employ and what our employees think reflects on us. Can't speak for the other companies, but we didn't terminate his contract. We sat him down and had a long chat about social media and the need to be circumspect with what you post as it can be taken out of context or used against you. We also had a chat about some of the content and explained that whilst his private life was his private life, we wouldn't be prepared to tolerate this sort of chat if it had been conducted in a work environment.

2 things that distinguish Morris' message from this is that 1) the message was disparaging a work colleague in a way that had nothing to do with her work performance. 2) Morris is an adult not just in the legal sense, but the work sense.

I think private life should be separate from work life and if you want to be a misogynistic, racist prick in your private life that shouldn't impact your professional life.......unless there is a cross over and sadly for most people there is always a cross over between work and play. What he said was poor form and recording it was pretty dumb (equally though the prick who leaked it has a bot to answer for as well, I mean if it offended you wouldn't you just go through the proper channels?).

merantau
18-03-2022, 05:51 AM
Does Sky need a footy reporter?

There's an election coming up. Politics beckons.

merantau
18-03-2022, 05:56 AM

Nailed it for mine.

azabob
18-03-2022, 07:08 AM

GG you are condoning it by trying to justify it and blame others who leaked the multiple recordings/videos.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 10:25 AM
GG you are condoning it by trying to justify it and blame others who leaked the multiple recordings/videos.

Possibly I don't mean to come across that way.

It's absolutely not on, and not the way I conduct myself privately.
Something just doesn't sit well with me when secret recordings are leaked to cause significant damage to people
That person remains anonymous.
Morris is clearly not someone I'd like, and he will learn (hopefully) the hard way for sure. He's had a big week!

I've probably given Morris enough time xD on to the blues!

Bullies
18-03-2022, 10:34 AM
Possibly I don't mean to come across that way.

It's absolutely not on, and not the way I conduct myself privately.
Something just doesn't sit well with me when secret recordings are leaked to cause significant damage to people
That person remains anonymous.
Morris is clearly not someone I'd like, and he will learn (hopefully) the hard way for sure. He's had a big week!

I've probably given Morris enough time xD on to the blues! An innocent lady from Fox has had her personal details discussed. She is the person who we need to be concerned about. She may not have wanted any of this to be out in the public. You keep trying to justify why it was ok. It is not ok even with your "mates".

Ghost Dog
18-03-2022, 10:40 AM
Well there are some good views here and interesting reading.
It's not black and white, but the whole thing acts as a bit of a cushion for Bevo's rant and the fallout.

I thing what G-Ghost is saying is, ( forgive me if I am wrong ) where is the level of measure in a Kangaroo-social-media court?
There needs to be a line, but what gets dished out as punishment is often ad-hoc.
If Morrison went on Fox and made an apology for being racist, sexist and an idiot, ( not sure that is fixable ) I guess I thought about it and I would be ok about him keeping his job after he has a spell off to take a program. Isn't it supposed to be about education?
It's a good thing to silence racists and sexism ( who wants to go back to the 70's and 80's...), but there is reverse bullying of wanting to destroy people.
That's not good either.

Wonder where Matt Rendell is these days...

The bulldog tragician
18-03-2022, 10:54 AM
There’s some irony here that beggars belief. Bevo goes ape droppings at a kid, in public and a majority feel ok with that.

A guy half his age says something in private without any context and you’re happy to nail him to the cross.

Ye gods.

I’m on record that Bevo crossed the line and what he did was not ok. Tom Morris’ behaviour is a separate issue. Not having a personal dig at you GG but I can’t see for the life of me what context there could be that would make me nod my head and say: Agh, that explains it.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 11:03 AM
I’m on record that Bevo crossed the line and what he did was not ok. Tom Morris’ behaviour is a separate issue. Not having a personal dig at you GG but I can’t see for the life of me what context there could be that would make me nod my head and say: Agh, that explains it.

Ha me either.

That's my point I have no idea when or where these things happened or whether it's even him (you'd guess yes).
The person sounds very intoxicated in one.

Not excusing just not hanging on the back of some weaponised historical tweets.

Hopefully Fox do a proper investigation (I just made myself laugh).

But yep solid point you make. Hard to make a case but he's got that right.

Enjoying the discussion.

The bulldog tragician
18-03-2022, 11:03 AM
Well there are some good views here and interesting reading.
It's not black and white, but the whole thing acts as a bit of a cushion for Bevo's rant and the fallout.

I thing what G-Ghost is saying is, ( forgive me if I am wrong ) where is the level of measure in a Kangaroo-social-media court?
There needs to be a line, but what gets dished out as punishment is often ad-hoc.
If Morrison went on Fox and made an apology for being racist, sexist and an idiot, ( not sure that is fixable ) I guess I thought about it and I would be ok about him keeping his job after he has a spell off to take a program. Isn't it supposed to be about education?
It's a good thing to silence racists and sexism ( who wants to go back to the 70's and 80's...), but there is reverse bullying of wanting to destroy people.
That's not good either.

Wonder where Matt Rendell is these days...

Why would he need education to understand it’s offensive? You can bet he wouldn’t have made those comments to the face of the woman he was happy to insult in vulgar terms privately, and presumably even he wouldn’t bowl up to work at Fox Footy and say such stuff aloud in front of Sarah Jones. C’mon, he is not a cave dwelling 75 yo uncle bewildered at all this newfangled political correctness. He would know it’s absolutely not ok but misogyny and homophobia run too deep for guys like him and so just go underground.

Ghost Dog
18-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Why would he need education to understand it’s offensive? You can bet he wouldn’t have made those comments to the face of the woman he was happy to insult in vulgar terms privately, and presumably even he wouldn’t bowl up to work at Fox Footy and say such stuff aloud in front of Sarah Jones. C’mon, he is not a cave dwelling 75 yo uncle bewildered at all this newfangled political correctness. He would know it’s absolutely not ok but misogyny and homophobia run too deep for guys like him and so just go underground.

Morning BTragic

People know they are being edgy and they think it's funny ( Legacy of the Trump era ). What he can't understand is how hurtful his comments are, damaging, and he is about to find out now because his career is sunk.

But when Dimma made his comments, he wasn't fired. They sent him on a tour of outback communities to do volunteer work unpaid.Which is better? I'm not suggesting Fox keep Morrison at all. Just offering the view that people can change.

With a different mindset, he may actually do a lot of good as an example to other young men.
One day in years to come, with a transformed mind, he may be in a circle of guys and stop someone. "Hey, that's not ok, don't say that." Isn't that as a society what we want to do with people with detestable views? It's time consuming, but the pay off is big when you educate people. ( read this paragraph to the tune of Louis Armstrong, what a wonderful world...:rolleyes:.)

But anyway it's the real world, he will be booted out and never seen again with a mic. That's the reality!