PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Dominic Bedendo 26

Hotdog60
12-03-2022, 08:37 AM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I may need to hurry this up.

Hotdog60
12-03-2022, 08:39 AM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/1015822.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

Dominic Bedendo landed at the Western Bulldogs with pick number 55 in the 2020 NAB AFL Draft. With the ability to play up forward or along the wing, the 19-year-old was set to play as an intercept defender for the Murray Bushrangers before the 2020 NAB League was called off. Known for his aerial and contested marking, athleticism, and endurance, Bedendo is yet to make his senior debut.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/3231/dominic-bedendo)

GVGjr
12-03-2022, 09:27 AM
He could very well get a few games this year. Athletically gifted and he has the sort of physique that has responded well to being in a professional environment.

I'm really looking forward to see what he can do this year. Finding a spot for him is difficult though.

mjp
12-03-2022, 10:34 AM
I'm really looking forward to see what he can do this year. Finding a spot for him is difficult though.

There's a wing available. Someone has to grab it. Smith has first dibs and whilst he has been good for us (I think I posted last year he should play every week) is the type of player sides are always looking to 'upgrade'. If his match day understanding enables him to defend the fatside of the field dependably, he could 100% get a chance....

Butler is in the same boat to be honest.

GVGjr
12-03-2022, 11:31 AM
There's a wing available. Someone has to grab it. Smith has first dibs and whilst he has been good for us (I think I posted last year he should play every week) is the type of player sides are always looking to 'upgrade'. If his match day understanding enables him to defend the fatside of the field dependably, he could 100% get a chance....

Butler is in the same boat to be honest.

Your probably right but is he more of a 3rd tall forward and even defender who will have to get ahead of Hannan and O'Brien for a spot? I also think he could be pitted against Parker for a spot.
Midfield is not out of the realms of possibility but we do bat deep there.

Hotdog60
12-03-2022, 02:12 PM
He's an interesting one and from what limited time I have seen at VFL level he appears to be a good shot at goal and a reasonable mark.
Can we have a long term project on the team as he might just be a late bloomer.

bornadog
12-03-2022, 02:56 PM
Has shown some athleticism playing in the forward line and can take a good mark. He could be our version of Fritz.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-03-2022, 03:30 PM
Yes I feel Bedendo has heaps of potential I am optimistic he will get a game if he trains like his life depends on it.

Bulldog4life
12-03-2022, 05:01 PM
Has shown some athleticism playing in the forward line and can take a good mark. He could be our version of Fritz.

Used to enjoy a fritz sandwhich as a kid on holidays in Adelaide.

Testekill
12-03-2022, 05:18 PM
He's a very raw prospect but he looked very good last year once he started getting into games more.