PDA

View Full Version : 300 Player Banners

SquirrelGrip
24-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Those Banners looked great hanging from the rafters. Are they going to be at every Bulldog home game now?

They should be. Perhaps we could hang our Brownlow Medallists from the other end?

The Underdog
24-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Those Banners looked great hanging from the rafters. Are they going to be at every Bulldog home game now?

They should be. Perhaps we could hang our Brownlow Medallists from the other end?

Maybe insert the word banners in here to clarify.
You know just with Libba's popularity at the moment we want to make sure there's no confusion ;).

SquirrelGrip
24-03-2008, 11:49 AM
You know just with Libba's popularity at the moment we want to make sure there's no confusion ;).

I stand by what I wrote the first time!:cool:

hujsh
24-03-2008, 02:20 PM
I stand by what I wrote the first time!:cool:

geez...Glad Grant didn't win a Brownlow now

SquirrelGrip
24-03-2008, 04:37 PM
But seriously, the concept of banners of 300 game players at every home game surely has some merit. And maybe banners of Brownlow Medallists at the other end of the stadium could give Telstra Dome a bit of character for our games.

hujsh
24-03-2008, 04:41 PM
But seriously, the concept of banners of 300 game players at every home game surely has some merit. And maybe banners of Brownlow Medallists at the other end of the stadium could give Telstra Dome a bit of character for our games.

Hmmm...well it's not like the Telstra Dome shouts out home of the dogs at any of our home games so i like it.

Could contradict Grant's speech about becoming less about the individuals and more about the team however.

SquirrelGrip
24-03-2008, 04:44 PM
Could contradict Grant's speech about becoming less about the individuals and more about the team however.

Fair point. Maybe include the '54 premiership team as well?

hujsh
24-03-2008, 04:45 PM
Why don't we paint the ground red white and blue?

ledge
24-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I have a question, how come the players didnt break through it yesterday and just went under it?
At one stage i thought maybe they are going to bring it out at half time again until i saw the cheer squad rip it.

aker39
25-03-2008, 09:40 AM
But seriously, the concept of banners of 300 game players at every home game surely has some merit.

I'm pretty sure I read that they are going to be there at every bulldog home game.

LostDoggy
25-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure I read that they are going to be there at every bulldog home game.

Not an easy task climbing up the ladder every second week or so but it would be great to have them there for the season

aker39
25-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Not an easy task climbing up the ladder every second week or so but it would be great to have them there for the season

The idea is to make it feel more like our home ground. I noticed outside gate 7, there was a bulldog banner welcoming us to TD, home of the Western Bulldogs.

Cyberdoggie
25-03-2008, 01:36 PM
I have a question, how come the players didnt break through it yesterday and just went under it?
At one stage i thought maybe they are going to bring it out at half time again until i saw the cheer squad rip it.

they were lifting it up so johnno's youngins could get under it without being decapitated.

i thought the banners were fantastic, gave the place a touch of red white and blue that is surely missed at the ground. They should be there every week.
Same with brownlows and premiership/s.

from my seat i didn't notice them until johnno kicked that last goal. I looked up and saw the flags and thought wow!

soupman
25-03-2008, 01:44 PM
Imagine if we had something like the 300 game players at one end, the Bronlow medallists on the other, and the 54 premiership team along the sides.

wimberga
25-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Imagine if we had something like the 300 game players at one end, the Bronlow medallists on the other, and the 54 premiership team along the sides.

now THATS a home!

LostDoggy
25-03-2008, 05:01 PM
I think they're a great idea, but I noticed that they probably inhibit the view of people sitting behind them, so you'd have to be smart about where and how many you put around the place.

ledge
25-03-2008, 06:21 PM
It wont happen because its our idea and Demetriou doesnt want to be out smarted on anything, especially by the Western Bulldogs, he would find some stupid reason to stop it no doubt.

soupman
27-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I think they're a great idea, but I noticed that they probably inhibit the view of people sitting behind them, so you'd have to be smart about where and how many you put around the place.

I don't think they would. They're very high, those big semi-circle girders only block peoples view of the scoreboard when you're in the back 3 rows in the middle of the wing, and those banners were above that.

hujsh
27-03-2008, 05:12 PM
I don't think they would. They're very high, those big semi-circle girders only block peoples view of the scoreboard when you're in the back 3 rows in the middle of the wing, and those banners were above that.

Does anyone really sit there?

1eyedog
27-03-2008, 05:36 PM

:D hahahaha

LostDoggy
27-03-2008, 08:53 PM
If they where to put all the teams achievements up around the ground sure it would look good, but other teams would most likely follow suit and out do us:P

Not to mention it is sort of a NBA thing.