PDA

View Full Version : Club Statement

bornadog
17-03-2022, 06:36 PM
https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2022/03/17/6b69a24e-6de3-4c2e-85ec-429d11e1eb9b/Announcement-ClubStatement-1920x1080-ART.jpg?width=952&height=592

The Western Bulldogs wish to issue the following statements regarding the post-game press conference following Wednesday night’s Round 1 match.

STATEMENT FROM SENIOR COACH LUKE BEVERIDGE

I have reflected on my comments and actions from the post-game press conference after last night’s game and acknowledge that my exchange with journalist Tom Morris overstepped the mark.

I want to apologise for my behaviour. I want to apologise to Tom Morris and all those present last night and to our members, supporters, partners and the wider football community.

We have strong values at the Bulldogs that we all sign up to. They are values that I believe in and support and live. My actions last night were not consistent with those values or the way we go about business as a football club, or I go about life as an individual.

I recognised that what I did was not okay. It was not representative of our club culture which is so special and means so much to me. While I was highly emotional in the moments after a difficult loss, it is no excuse to let those emotions spill over and get the better of me.

As people would know, I am extremely passionate about, and protective of, our players and our people, and I always have their welfare and their best interests at heart. I pride myself on being measured and thoughtful, however on this occasion I clearly didn’t handle it the way I should have, and I understand and accept that.

The last thing I want is for my actions to reflect negatively on the Western Bulldogs Football Club and our culture. As I’ve said many times, I want our members and supporters to be proud of their Club on and off the field and to be proud of the way we conduct ourselves at all times, and I’ll continue to strive for that.

I take accountability for my actions. We will work through that as a club and I will focus on getting the best out of the team for the remainder of the season, and my energies will be centred on preparing our players for our next game against Carlton.

STATEMENT FROM PRESIDENT KYLIE WATSON-WHEELER

The Western Bulldogs Football Club cannot and does not condone senior coach Luke Beveridge’s handling of his post-game press conference exchange with Tom Morris last night. The Club sincerely apologises to Tom for the incident. It is important to us that Tom is ok.

Our CEO Ameet Bains and I have had extensive and frank discussions with Luke today. From the very beginning of those discussions this morning, Luke made clear that he understood his behaviour was inappropriate and he is deeply remorseful.

Luke also understands that his conduct in the press conference was not reflective of the values of the Western Bulldogs and has shone a negative light on the Club. Everyone is entitled to a respectful workplace and we acknowledge the important and sometimes difficult job the football media have to do.

In addition to Luke’s formal apology, the Club has agreed with the AFL to donate $20,000 to Orygen, a key partner of the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation, to assist Orygen with the important work it does in youth mental health.

Luke is a man of strong integrity who leads with heart and soul, caring deeply for everyone at the Western Bulldogs. His passion crossed a line last night and he is aware of that. As a Club, we commit to a thorough process of internal assessment to ensure better outcomes in the future.

Luke is a much loved and valued leader within our club. Our role as a Board, as a management group and as a club as a whole, is to support Luke through the incredible pressures and emotions of the AFL industry as it exists today. We will continue to provide Luke with the resources, guidance and support he needs to perform in his role at the highest level of professionalism.

comrade
17-03-2022, 06:38 PM
Rubbish from the club IMO.

The apology from Bevo was enough, didn’t need to go any further than that.

Nice to know we actually have a President though.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 06:38 PM
What else can the club do?

The Bulldogs Bite
17-03-2022, 06:39 PM
Weak as expected from KWW.

comrade
17-03-2022, 06:40 PM

Let Bevo make the apology and move on.

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 06:43 PM
I think the club has done what they needed to. Would have been nice to put in something about supporting his stance on journalistic integrity/standards, but would have been risky.

The Doctor
17-03-2022, 06:44 PM

I disagree. This had to be done.

We all love Bevo but he let himself and the Club down yesterday, even if his intentions to protect the club were honourable. The media, sponsors and supporters are watching this closely and it is important we limit the fall out. This is a sensible move by Bevo & the Club.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 06:46 PM

No I think the club has to be separate from Bevo and this shows that.

I'm happy with all of it. Had to be done.

Agree nice to hear from Kylie.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 06:46 PM

We all love Bevo but he let himself and the Club down yesterday, even if his intentions to protect the club were honourable. The media, sponsors and supporters are watching this closely and it is important we limit the fall out. This is a sensible move my Bevo & the Club.

What the doc said.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 06:49 PM
Social media wins over Main stream Media

Tom Morris stood down by Fox Footy (https://www.3aw.com.au/tom-morris-stood-down-by-fox-footy/)

It comes after a vulgar WhatsApp message the reporter sent to friends was leaked publicly on Thursday.

It regarded a female work colleague of Morris at Fox Sports.
A Fox Sports spokesman told the Herald Sun that Morris had been stood down “pending an investigation” into an “inappropriate” audio recording.

“While it is not appropriate to comment further, Fox Sports is committed to a workplace where everyone feels safe, respected and valued.”

Morris has been in the media spotlight since Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge launched a scathing attack on him in the wake of the club’s first-round loss to Melbourne.

Beveridge accused Morris of “gutter journalism” and “muckraking”.

The Western Bulldogs coach has since apologised.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 06:53 PM
Bevo talking here (https://www.afl.com.au/video/720344/must-watch-beveridge-apologises-what-i-did-was-not-ok-?videoId=720344&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1647499107001)

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 06:56 PM

Do you think Bevo's response was sufficient? I do. I don't think we needed to hear from the Prez in this instance.
I get why but I don't think it was necessary. Donating money to charity after consulting the AFL wasn't right from my perspective.

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 06:59 PM
I think it is good that there was a response from KWW which shows the club continues to support Bevo. If it was just his apology, it could be suggested that the club has thrown him under the bus.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 07:06 PM
I think it is good that there was a response from KWW which shows the club continues to support Bevo. If it was just his apology, it could be suggested that the club has thrown him under the bus.

Good point but this club will never throw Bevo under the bus for one an outburst like that.
He might have gone over the top but it's hardly like that he thumped him or threatened to do so.
He was clearly frustrated which I can accept from him.

jeemak
17-03-2022, 07:06 PM
When do we want to hear from KWW? Ever, or never?

After a day I moderated on my view of Bevo, after some sleep I've moderated further and a de-escalation of the situation from us was important and I think the apology and the further statement for our corporate stakeholders and members generally was important.

GVGjr
17-03-2022, 07:11 PM
When do we want to hear from KWW? Ever, or never?

After a day I moderated on my view of Bevo, after some sleep I've moderated further and a de-escalation of the situation from us was important and I think the apology and the further statement for our corporate stakeholders and members generally was important.

I'm happy to hear from her more and more, she's brilliant. I just thought Bevo's response was first class and more than sufficient.

The Karma bus with Morris just makes it all so much better. I just wished Bevo had have leaked the story on Morris before Fox did.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
17-03-2022, 07:11 PM
I think the club's response was exactly the right call, and hit the right tone both in calling out his actions and also in showing him support.

Sedat
17-03-2022, 07:16 PM
Melbourne's president, who is also similarly new in her role like ours, did not back down one inch and fully/unequivocally publicly supported her coach after bullying allegations against Goodwin surfaced in the media. Never give in to the media mob.

The difference between our club and the Demons, both on and off the field, could not be starker at the moment.

KWW should remain invisible after today's utterly meek display. Perhaps the corporation that she moonights for day to day might do well to clean their own house first - some very gross and disturbing allegations at the house of the mouse in recent days. Peter Gordon would not have rolled over to the AFL and the media pack so comprehensively as KWW did.

Bevo's great strength is his loyalty and passion. If we neuter him, we will.destroy what makes him so good at his craft and so valuable to our club.

EasternWest
17-03-2022, 07:17 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=conor+mcgregor+apology&oq=conir+McGregor+apo&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i13l6j0i22i30l2.5219j0j4&client=ms-android-motorola-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5de435bd,vid:bJWRq84_rZk,st:0

Should've doubled down and done this.

azabob
17-03-2022, 07:30 PM
Melbourne's president, who is also similarly new in her role like ours, did not back down one inch and fully/unequivocally publicly supported her coach after bullying allegations against Goodwin surfaced in the media. Never give in to the media mob.

The difference between our club and the Demons, both on and off the field, could not be starker at the moment.

KWW should remain invisible after today's utterly meek display. Perhaps the corporation that she moonights for day to day might do well to clean their own house first - some very gross and disturbing allegations at the house of the mouse in recent days. Peter Gordon would not have rolled over to the AFL and the media pack so comprehensively as KWW did.

Bevo's great strength is his loyalty and passion. If we neuter him, we will.destroy what makes him so good at his craft and so valuable to our club.

Welcome back Sedat, a post or two on the music board needs your input.

Back to Bevo I'm not comfortable with how this has played out today.

Gut feel is if Peter Gordon was still in the chair not sure we'd have an apology - we would've stood with Bevo and moved on.

Ride the wave for 25 weeks of us against them mentality.

azabob
17-03-2022, 07:35 PM
The more I read the clubs response it is corporate fluff and we put it out to be seen to being doing the right thing. Wonder what crisis management expert pulled it together? Or did we just google "crisis management statement"?

Now I'm wonder if those are Luke's words or the clubs?

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 07:39 PM

I don't agree with you but man I love how you write!

House of the mouse I lolzed hard.

Our Walt would never be controversial. He's as pure as the white skin of a Teutonic knight.....

comrade
17-03-2022, 07:42 PM
As usual, what Sedat said!

Melbourne backed their coach to the hilt in the face of much worse. We go the crisis management route and condone ours for hurting the feelings of a grub.

Weak AP.

jazzadogs
17-03-2022, 07:55 PM
As usual, what Sedat said!

Melbourne backed their coach to the hilt in the face of much worse. We go the crisis management route and condone ours for hurting the feelings of a grub.

Weak AP.

Goodwin's were historical allegations that they had already dealt with at the time. They had every reason to support a coach who had (according to them) improved in those areas since. And just won a premiership.

This was a fresh and very public situation - crisis management was the correct route.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 08:02 PM
Goodwin's were historical allegations that they had already dealt with at the time. They had every reason to support a coach who had (according to them) improved in those areas since. And just won a premiership.

This was a fresh and very public situation - crisis management was the correct route.

For thou art wise.

chef
17-03-2022, 08:04 PM
Nice stuff all round imo, Bevo stuffed up and apologised. Issue dead and we move on.

angelopetraglia
17-03-2022, 09:00 PM
Club handed it perfectly. You can’t defend that behaviour, tone and conduct no matter how right you are. The club had to be strong and apologise unequivocally to put this to bed. Move on.

The irony is that it is now Morris who is in hot water and has been stood down.

westbulldog
17-03-2022, 09:13 PM
Bevo's apology was more than sufficient, the rest is unnecessary PC imo. In his 157 or so games as our coach he has never overstepped the line. Any move by the Club to sanction him for this would lead to a member and supporter revolt. He has the utmost respect.

Grantysghost
17-03-2022, 09:20 PM
Bevo's apology was more than sufficient, the rest is unnecessary PC imo. In his 157 or so games as our coach he has never overstepped the line. Any move by the Club to sanction him for this would lead to a member and supporter revolt. He has the utmost respect.

I guess we don't have to think about the AFL and commercial partnerships.

Like it or not there's a business side to the club that needs to be managed.

comrade
17-03-2022, 09:38 PM
I guess we don't have to think about the AFL and commercial partnerships.

Like it or not there's a business side to the club that needs to be managed.

Which is why the apology was sufficient. He owned his behaviour and admitted he made a mistake. I doubt sponsors or commercial partners would have been demanding the club leaders to come out and publicly condone him. And if we’d held fire for about 3 hours, it would have been even more of a non issue.

The club condoning him and donating $20k on Bevo’s behalf? Please.

FrediKanoute
17-03-2022, 09:46 PM

We all love Bevo but he let himself and the Club down yesterday, even if his intentions to protect the club were honourable. The media, sponsors and supporters are watching this closely and it is important we limit the fall out. This is a sensible move by Bevo & the Club.

I agree. Whether well intentioned or not it came across as a deflection from what was ultimately a disappointing performance. All the talk during the Summer about making amends for the GF capitulation was just talk. His berating of Morris missed the mark by a long way. It wasn't even a coherent rant. It would have been so much more effective if delivered in a calm and rational manner. All it says to me is that we have issues inside the club. Not sure what they are but there are issues and the leaking of information is a symptom.

bornadog
17-03-2022, 09:51 PM
Nice stuff all round imo, Bevo stuffed up and apologised. Issue dead and we move on.

That is how I see it.

Tom proving what I always thought of him - a dickhead with those leaked videos and Trump shirt.

FrediKanoute
17-03-2022, 09:52 PM
The more I read the clubs response it is corporate fluff and we put it out to be seen to being doing the right thing. Wonder what crisis management expert pulled it together? Or did we just google "crisis management statement"?

Now I'm wonder if those are Luke's words or the clubs?

I agree. Its corporate fluff which basically says the right thing but conveys no sincerety. Its guff.

macca
17-03-2022, 10:06 PM
Team selection is club Intellectual Property (IP)

I totally get that Bevo will be beyond frustrated that a reporter ( who wears crap tshirts) has gotten hold of it. And he has to deal with a range of KWALITY reporters who keep scrapping bottom of barrel questions.

WTF is the AFL not investigating this ? As this can affect betting odds, knowing the team selection , before teams are officially released.

I am not at all happy with the club saying sorry. They should have been on the front foot and backed Bevo and put in a complaint to the AFL and to FOX sports.

Bevo's passion and strategy is part of his genius. If we lose these both to crap journalist then I am afraid we could tire out Bevo with these clowns.

You can see how frustrated Clarkson and Nathan Buckley deal with bozo questions and picking on the negative aspects of their club's situation .

WTF are we tellling Tom RUOK because you rubbed Bevo up the wrong way ??? Is this new age sentimalistic cow towel to ordinary journalism.

soupman
18-03-2022, 12:16 AM
Happy with the statement. I think it owns what happened and is clearly states we aren't interested in continuing with the fight. Added to the subsequent stuff coming out about Morris I think we've gotten extremely lucky, distance ourselves and move on, and now that Morris is not someone any journalist wants to support it makes it even easier to do so.

Through dumb luck Bevo gets a huge win by seeing his enemy smited, and we don't have to endure the shitshow that this weekend was shaping up to be.

I totally get that Bevo will be beyond frustrated that a snidy reporter has gotten hold of it.

WTF is the AFL not investigating this ? As this can affect betting odds, knowing the team selection , before teams are officially released.

Careful about this can of worms.

By Beveridges own admission, the only unexpected change we had on the night was JJ out. That means we knowingly submitted a teamsheet that had Hunter and Martin in our 22 despite that not being the case.

We certainly aren't the only ones who do it, Geelong love a late change, and Melbourne named Lever, (although I'm pretty sure we are the only team that does the whole demoting a player to the medical sub thing, which we have done multiple times and is so dumb), and I'm all for it being cleaned up as it annoys me a lot, especially from a Fantasy league administration pov, but if you start having a go at journalists for ruining team selection integrity it kind of loses it's meaning when clubs provenly lie when submitting their teams.

macca
18-03-2022, 12:38 AM
good point soupman, I rephrase to: journalist who wear crap tshirts.

Ghost Dog
18-03-2022, 02:12 AM

I totally get that Bevo will be beyond frustrated that a reporter ( who wears crap tshirts) has gotten hold of it. And he has to deal with a range of KWALITY reporters who keep scrapping bottom of barrel questions.

I am not at all happy with the club saying sorry. They should have been on the front foot and backed Bevo and put in a complaint to the AFL and to FOX sports.

Bevo's passion and strategy is part of his genius. If we lose these both to crap journalist then I am afraid we could tire out Bevo with these clowns.

You can see how frustrated Clarkson and Nathan Buckley deal with bozo questions and picking on the negative aspects of their club's situation .

WTF are we tellling Tom RUOK because you rubbed Bevo up the wrong way ??? Is this new age sentimalistic cow towel to ordinary journalism.

If there were two like buttons, I would give three to this.

A journeyman footballer like Bevo, who has won awards at every level of footy from the bush to the MCG must gnash his teeth at having to be chided by morons. Is there any other sport where journalists introduce themselves with a long list of all the awards they have won and so called achievements? ( Hutchy Caro, Barrett, Sam McClure, and so on).
AFL journalists are by and large, annoying as all get out.

Luke may have acted like a bully, but now with all these recordings are coming out, the leeches on the industry dare not go into bat for one of their own. Agree, the club didn't need to give Morrison a hot chocolate and a blanket. FFS, once they start posting his trump antics, people will get Bevo's 'vibe', even if it was madness.

SonofScray
18-03-2022, 08:34 AM
Don’t think he should have apologised. Never apologise in these scenarios, as it keeps the news cycle running a little longer and buys those Murdoch scumbags time and opportunity to lay the boot in more. The damage in terms of distraction and target being on the Club was done as soon as Bevo did something out of the ordinary. Rolling him out for the tar and feather pantomime was wrong.

I’d have quit.

Tom Morris is a shit bloke, operating in a toxic culture and Bevo had a crack at him, ineloquently pulling together a range of frustrations. It was hostile, but smashing someone’s performance and behaviour in that space isn’t breaking new ground. The only time he got personal was saying “you are an embarrassment” and funnily enough, turns out he is.

Having slept on it, dirty on Ameet Baines and KWW for their efforts in appeasement and PR. It’s inauthentic.

meenies
18-03-2022, 10:13 AM

Sorry but I have to call this out. Would have you said the same if it Gordon was still in the position and wrote that response?

The response from our President was very measured, timely and "on point". As was Bevo's apology.

Please leave any implied references (casual or deliberate) that our President is 'weak as expected' because of her gender out. This point of view is contradictory to what is championed by the WB as a football club and the majority of WB supporters.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
18-03-2022, 11:01 AM
Sorry but I have to call this out. Would have you said the same if it Gordon was still in the position and wrote that response?

The response from our President was very measured, timely and "on point". As was Bevo's apology.

Please leave any implied references (casual or deliberate) that our President is 'weak as expected' because of her gender out. This point of view is contradictory to what is championed by the WB as a football club and the majority of WB supporters.

Whilst I disagree with TBB's statement about our president's response being 'weak as expected', I do not see any implied reference, casual or deliberate to her gender here as being the basis for his statement.

Bulldog4life
18-03-2022, 11:18 AM
Club and Bevo handled this perfectly. No doubt in my mind. Morris has now taken all the attention off Bevo to himself. What a piece of work he is.

comrade
18-03-2022, 11:27 AM

You are the only one bringing gender into this.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 11:39 AM

Absolutely I would have said the same.

The fact you have brought gender into this discussion is ridiculous - nothing to do with gender, so don't dare put words in my mouth.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 11:53 AM
As a follow up to my post above, I take great offence to meenies post.

As somebody who has worked closely with women in sport, advocated for change and assisted in growth, whilst currently working with young people of today in an important governance shaping role for their futures, AND the father of a young daughter, I refuse to have my name implicated in ANY bullshit implied reference that my initial post on KWW was in any shape, or form, to do with her gender.

That post is garbage.

Sedat
18-03-2022, 12:00 PM
Globalist corporate shills are not the exclusive domain of any particular gender. Unfortunately they have infected all aspects of society, including sporting organisations. It is now almost impossible to differentiate between mediocre politicians and mediocre globalist corporate senior executives.

bornadog
18-03-2022, 12:40 PM

As somebody who has worked closely with women in sport, advocated for change and assisted in growth, whilst currently working with young people of today in an important governance shaping role for their futures, AND the father of a young daughter, I refuse to have my name implicated in ANY bullshit implied reference that my initial post on KWW was in any shape, or form, to do with her gender.

That post is garbage.

The one thing I will ask, why do you think the statement was weak?

I thought it was more of a let's close this off and get on with the footy.

jeemak
18-03-2022, 12:42 PM
Globalist corporate shills are not the exclusive domain of any particular gender. Unfortunately they have infected all aspects of society, including sporting organisations. It is now almost impossible to differentiate between mediocre politicians and mediocre globalist corporate senior executives.

Welcome back mate.

Out of interest, what is your main issue with KWW? I know you hate the Disney Corp, for some reason it's been an on and off theme over time, but why specifically do you have an issue with KWW?

jeemak
18-03-2022, 12:44 PM

I think this is where you may have got it wrong Meenies, and possibly need to concede you did.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:50 PM

AFL have signed off on it as done with. I expect there was some collaboration before the statement was released.

Sedat
18-03-2022, 12:54 PM

That's a fair assessment. It could be both at the same time.

If the club was really concerned with mental health aspects of professional sports people and the reduction in soft cap compromising this critical area, the statement would and should have read a whole lot differently. It was a homogenised say-nothing release, no doubt influenced as such by City Hall (who are just as culpable of weakness as the club, and whose policies are actually contributing to the afore-mentioned mental health issues). This course of action will only temporarily bury the story, and it will resurface with full vengeance as soon as Bevo has another colourful exchange with a gutter journo.

As an aside, the deafening silence from the gutter media in reporting in detail on Morris is as blatent as it is unsurprising - it is only coming out on socials and the footy media are whitewashing the story completely. They were oh so brave 24 hours earlier demonising Bevo and standing in solidarity with their 'mate', and have completely shut up shop since the Morris audio's have surfaced. No doubt most of these scribes are now feverishly updating their CV's to apply for the now vacant positions at Fox Footy, the Herald-Sun and wherever else Morris was employed. This is why nobody should ever give in to the media mob - they are craven, hypocritical cowards with glass jaws.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 12:55 PM

It was a statement to appease corporates. It was not authentic. I get the implications on sponsors etc. but let's not make this out to be bigger than what it is. It's not like he was caught drink driving, with drugs, or assaulting anybody.

If Luke wanted to issue an apology, fine. Leave it at that. Why does KWW need to issue any form of statement?

Why didn't KWW issue a statement after the treatment of Cody Weightman publicly post the Essendon EF? Moreover, where was KWW's statement and strong stance when our club was getting treated like prisoners during the finals series with the lockdowns and ridiculous sanctions in their hotel rooms?

The fact that KWW did not issue any form of support when it WAS needed, but was quick to make a statement to condemn one of the most important figures at our football club does not sit well with me.

Might be a bit of an overreaction to this specific instance, but for mine, I already had question marks on her and that this being one of the first occasions that she issues a public statement and it's in a negative light on one of our own? Well, I don't think it's near good enough from somebody in her position.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:57 PM
It was always going to happen xD

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=542145840453242&extid=NS-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C&ref=sharing

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 12:58 PM
It was a statement to appease corporates. It was not authentic. I get the implications on sponsors etc. but let's not make this out to be bigger than what it is. It's not like he was caught drink driving, with drugs, or assaulting anybody.

If Luke wanted to issue an apology, fine. Leave it at that. Why does KWW need to issue any form of statement?

Why didn't KWW issue a statement after the treatment of Cody Weightman publicly post the Essendon EF? Moreover, where was KWW's statement and strong stance when our club was getting treated like prisoners during the finals series with the lockdowns and ridiculous sanctions in their hotel rooms?

The fact that KWW did not issue any form of support when it WAS needed, but was quick to make a statement to condemn one of the most important figures at our football club does not sit well with me.

Might be a bit of an overreaction to this specific instance, but for mine, I already had question marks on her and that this being one of the first occasions that she issues a public statement and it's in a negative light on one of our own? Well, I don't think it's near good enough from somebody in her position.

I thought she made it pretty clear how important and respected Luke was.

Serious question what would you have liked her to say? I'm surprised by your reaction so very interested sincerely.

Sedat
18-03-2022, 01:04 PM
Welcome back mate.

Out of interest, what is your main issue with KWW? I know you hate the Disney Corp, for some reason it's been an on and off theme over time, but why specifically do you have an issue with KWW?
I could just as easily be talking about Richard Goyder and the AFL, another corporate grifter who is supposedly the leader of the entire competition. I have no time for lifetime corporatists getting involved with sporting organisations. Our game is infinitely poorer for it.

No offence to KWW. She is a very pleasent person but she is a symptom of a much bigger problem that is not limited to sport. Specifically in relation to her performance as president, it has been underwhelming. What Bevo did on Wednesday night was rolled gold for the playing group - he is standing side by side with them at all times, and that loyalty/support will help the club get closer to achieving the ultimate goal of a premiership. Did the club statement help us at all in our quest for a premiership? If not, what was the point other than an exercise in optics? Would KWW stand by the club and the players as passionately and unequivocally as Bevo did? Or as Gordon and Smorgon have in the past? It's simply not in her nature because lifetime corporatists are incapable of doing so - they are obsessed with optics over substance. That works for shareholders at the likes of Disney but it doesn't resonate with the members of a footy club. As TBB, pointed out, where was the club statement supporting Cody after he received vile abuse after the Essendon final? Where was the club statement calling out the rubbish treatment we received during the finals series? You can't pick and choose "the standards we uphold" narrative only when you want to control the optics to appease external stakeholders.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 01:04 PM

Serious question what would you have liked her to say? I'm surprised by your reaction so very interested sincerely.

Pretty stock standard line, personally would have liked her to not actually comment. I don't see the need for it, let Luke handle it and the club can then trot out an unidentified statement that it stands behind him and his apology. Leave it at that.

jeemak
18-03-2022, 01:08 PM

He literally spelled out in the post what his issue is.

KWW has had many opportunities to have a voice, but in BTT's view the only one she has taken is the one in which it seems Bevo is being given a smack.

I see it a bit differently. The club de-escalating the situation and making a vanilla comment that hit the 'right' notes for mine is about protecting Bevo from himself and appeasing the masses so we can move on.

There's plenty of hills to die on, this isn't one of them. However, we did have some poor treatment come our way last year and I think there was opportunity for a more assertive voice from KWW at that time which is what BTT is saying.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 01:10 PM
He literally spelled out in the post what his issue is.

KWW has had many opportunities to have a voice, but in BTT's view the only one she has taken is the one in which it seems Bevo is being given a smack.

I see it a bit differently. The club de-escalating the situation and making a vanilla comment that hit the 'right' notes for mine is about protecting Bevo from himself and appeasing the masses so we can move on.

There's plenty of hills to die on, this isn't one of them. However, we did have some poor treatment come our way last year and I think there was opportunity for a more assertive voice from KWW at that time which is what BTT is saying.

Don't assume I can read.

Also did you have to chain yourself to the upright this morning?

Bulldog4life
18-03-2022, 01:16 PM
That's a fair assessment. It could be both at the same time.

If the club was really concerned with mental health aspects of professional sports people and the reduction in soft cap compromising this critical area, the statement would and should have read a whole lot differently. It was a homogenised say-nothing release, no doubt influenced as such by City Hall (who are just as culpable of weakness as the club, and whose policies are actually contributing to the afore-mentioned mental health issues). This course of action will only temporarily bury the story, and it will resurface with full vengeance as soon as Bevo has another colourful exchange with a gutter journo.

As an aside, the deafening silence from the gutter media in reporting in detail on Morris is as blatent as it is unsurprising - it is only coming out on socials and the footy media are whitewashing the story completely. They were oh so brave 24 hours earlier demonising Bevo and standing in solidarity with their 'mate', and have completely shut up shop since the Morris audio's have surfaced. No doubt most of these scribes are now feverishly updating their CV's to apply for the now vacant positions at Fox Footy, the Herald-Sun and wherever else Morris was employed. This is why nobody should ever give in to the media mob - they are craven, hypocritical cowards with glass jaws.

Agree entirely with your second paragrah Sedat. Not a peep from the journos in regards to Morris's foul mouth and shocking views on life. No wonder he loves Trump.

Sedat
18-03-2022, 01:32 PM

De-escalation is a sound idea in theory (and it will work in the short-term), but in reality they will never be appeased. We all know the media mob will hit Bevo and the club with both barrels next time there is a similar such disagreement. Snakes will always be snakes.

Never apologise and never concede to the media. If you feed the crocodile it will still come after you.

jeemak
18-03-2022, 01:35 PM
Don't assume I can read.

Also did you have to chain yourself to the upright this morning?

I'm walking around like a zombie. The best was Monday night though, I walk into a restaurant and a drunk walks in from a side door and starts screaming at me about having stolen his jacket from a table outside.

I just stared at him until he stopped, and was kicked out the front door which was locked after him. Alas, he walks into the restaurant via the side door and started screaming about his jacket that cost fifty quick being left outside and how he's going to be calling the cops about it. Then a lady comes from around the corner and starts screaming at him about how he's ruining everything for everyone and a screaming match ensued for the next few minutes.

And then it was calm. Everyone just went back to their lives.

Jet lag is kinda like ketamine without the fun parts.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 01:48 PM
I'm walking around like a zombie. The best was Monday night though, I walk into a restaurant and a drunk walks in from a side door and starts screaming at me about having stolen his jacket from a table outside.

I just stared at him until he stopped, and was kicked out the front door which was locked after him. Alas, he walks into the restaurant via the side door and started screaming about his jacket that cost fifty quick being left outside and how he's going to be calling the cops about it. Then a lady comes from around the corner and starts screaming at him about how he's ruining everything for everyone and a screaming match ensued for the next few minutes.

So is it a nice jacket at least? ;)

jeemak
18-03-2022, 01:48 PM
De-escalation is a sound idea in theory (and it will work in the short-term), but in reality they will never be appeased. We all know the media mob will hit Bevo and the club with both barrels next time there is a similar such disagreement. Snakes will always be snakes.

Never apologise and never concede to the media. If you feed the crocodile it will still come after you.

I get it, but they're going to come after you anyway, right? That's what reptiles in the night do.

So why not just try and numb the PR pain while you can play both games. Guns to the head, walls up engagement for mine is a bit old school. To me you're just better off being agile and adapting to whatever's in front of you.

jeemak
18-03-2022, 01:50 PM
So is it a nice jacket at least? ;)

It's a Kathmandu zip up vest with my company's logo on it in bright orange! Plus, and even though I'm an XL, way too small for the fat *!*!*!*!er anyway.

Grantysghost
18-03-2022, 02:13 PM

Haha. That's crazy.

I remember the first time I was there 2004 a street lady seller of flowers attempted to pin a flower on my lapel and gave me amazing compliments whilst doing it.
When I rejected her after realising what was going on she unloaded with every pejorative term you could imagine!

She looked like Mary Poppins!

This was walking under the Thames from Big Ben. Classic.

MrMahatma
18-03-2022, 03:16 PM
Agree entirely with your second paragrah Sedat. Not a peep from the journos in regards to Morris's foul mouth and shocking views on life. No wonder he loves Trump.

It’s interesting and the turn of events is, I think (?) unprecedented in this regard. Bevo delivered a spray - quite clunky but as I said on the night, I liked him having a crack (I don’t consider Morris a “kid” as some have suggested, and as an aside also think Morris has CHOSEN celebrity, while footy players and coaches either deal with celebrity or can’t be part of the AFL… so I don’t have an issue with the spray being on TV which some do.

I do think it’s interesting that the media have gone quiet. Bevo’s rant was fun for them to stick the boot in (and the clip that was on Sunrise of TJ is amazing… saying “Morris has a good reputation” and then showing just the edited dummy spit parts of LB’s rant… and then saying “LB should be worried about the leak not the journo…” when LB addressed that in his rant.) Journos are prob staying quiet in this cause they don’t want to upset Murduck, or they don’t want the videos of them being idiots released too…. I’m sure there’s plenty out there!

Axe Man
18-03-2022, 04:42 PM
Morris’ comments are ‘clearly unacceptable’: AFL chief (https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/morris-comments-are-clearly-unacceptable-afl-chief-20220318-p5a5s1.html?fbclid=IwAR0eMu9iRV5tApGrsdia_N8jTGMYXNAy2oMj01G CSEcIILOaDg-ZWpMPG3M)

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan has condemned comments made by Fox Sports journalist Tom Morris, in an audio recording widely shared on social media, describing them as “clearly unacceptable”.

Fox Sports have stood down Morris and launched an investigation after the recordings, in which the reporter is heard making sexist and homophobic comments about a female colleague on a WhatsApp group, entered the public domain.

“I have just seen it in written form and clearly the comments from my reading of it are unacceptable, and clearly unacceptable, and Fox Sports have taken action,” McLachlan told 3AW on Friday.

“I don’t really want to comment more than that because I think it is still being reviewed.”

The recording came to light soon after Morris had been subjected to a tirade from Western Bulldogs’ coach Luke Beveridge in a post-match press conference after upsetting the Bulldogs when he reported that premiership midfielder Lachie Hunter had been left out of the team for round one.

Beveridge apologised for his behaviour on Thursday afternoon, admitting he had overstepped the mark, and the club donated $20,000 to a partner in their community foundation program that supports youth mental health.

McLachlan said the sincere apology, donation and acceptance of responsibility for Beveridge’s actions by the club and the coach meant the matter was closed from the league’s perspective.

“Luke has taken swift and full accountability for his behaviour and once people do that, perceptions change,” McLachlan said.

“If people take accountability, I think positions change.”

He said neither he nor the Bulldogs had any concerns about Beveridge, after losing control of his emotions after the team’s opening-round loss to Melbourne.

McLachlan said the post-match media conference was a part of the senior coach’s job, and they had no plans to amend the timing of the conference.

“Our supporters want to hear from the coaches and understand what’s in their mind,” McLachlan said.

The Western Bulldogs play Carlton at Marvel Stadium on Thursday night.

Ozza
18-03-2022, 04:49 PM
It was a good and genuine statement/apology from Bevo, after what was a pretty embarrassing display on Wednesday night in the presser.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 05:00 PM
That's a good statement by Gill.

macca
18-03-2022, 06:38 PM
Tom , R.U.O.K ?

Officlally confirmed as a crap person

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/fox-footy-reporter-sacked-over-offensive-remarks-20220318-p5a5ze.html

meenies
18-03-2022, 07:06 PM

That post is garbage.

My apologies to you TBB. I accept that you had any implied reference to gender and also good to hear of your great work and advocacy for equality for women and young people. I too have been fighting for change for a while.

A common response to put down women in power is that "they are weak", "they cannot do ..." and other similar comments. You are probably well aware of these as well.

I was just not sure why you thought the reply was weak, apart from jumping to that conclusion, as I thought it was a good reply from our leader.

Please accept my apology.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-03-2022, 11:05 PM
My apologies to you TBB. I accept that you had any implied reference to gender and also good to hear of your great work and advocacy for equality for women and young people. I too have been fighting for change for a while.

A common response to put down women in power is that "they are weak", "they cannot do ..." and other similar comments. You are probably well aware of these as well.

I was just not sure why you thought the reply was weak, apart from jumping to that conclusion, as I thought it was a good reply from our leader.

Please accept my apology.

Thanks for your apology meenies, much appreciated.

Assumptions can be problematic, but we're all guilty of it at times, so I appreciate your response.

Onwards and upwards my friend!

Eastdog
20-03-2022, 12:07 AM
The club handled it well. Bevo apologised and now thinks yeah I probably should have made my point in a better way but it does shed light on the footy media establishment and the need for more impartiality. Now we move on and get our first win next Thursday.

MrMahatma
22-03-2022, 02:04 AM
On the couch didn’t mention it… 360 said about 1 min on it, and then went into how strong the leadership at Fox is to axe Morris.

What a huge story it would continue to be if that recording wasn’t leaked. Because of that, the journos and Fox have brushed it under the carpet.

Either that or the club statement was incredibly well received and had the desired effect!

GVGjr
22-03-2022, 04:10 AM
Footy Classified led with the Bevo story. Wilson is convinced that Bevo isn't coping and needs some support. Made mention about losing Hansen and King. You then have to wonder if having Webb over in WA until Jan left a fair bit more onto Bevo regarding training etc.
They focused a bit on his mo (like that is relevant) and that he doesn't understand the media and while I think they were flogging a dead horse I do wonder if Bevo needs some additional support to lighten the load for him.

jeemak
22-03-2022, 06:23 AM
Caroline Wilson opined that Bevo should be fined six figures. Just think about that for a moment and assess how rational this person is.

You can intentionally break someone's face on a footy field and not cough up nearly as much as that. You can be an accessory to systemic doping at your football club and not cough up nearly as much as that.

She's lost her sense of reality and/ or balance and shouldn't be commenting on the game.

GVGjr
22-03-2022, 07:27 AM
Wilson certainly has Bevo in her sights and is drawing a long bow on many of her observations. Wilson also speculated if Chris Grant challenges Bevo enough. She isn't objective but the only thing that rings true is what the club mentioned in their statement that Bevo needed some support.
Suggesting that he should have been fined for forcibly pushing back on an overly full of himself journo is ridiculous. He apologised for his conduct and that was more than good enough for me.

Grantysghost
22-03-2022, 09:36 AM
Wilson certainly has Bevo in her sights and is drawing a long bow on many of her observations. Wilson also speculated if Chris Grant challenges Bevo enough. She isn't objective but the only thing that rings true is what the club mentioned in their statement that Bevo needed some support.
Suggesting that he should have been fined for forcibly pushing back on an overly full of himself journo is ridiculous. He apologised for his conduct and that was more than good enough for me.

Has anyone any clue why Hunter was initially dropped. If the club won’t tell us anything, maybe we need the media to find out so the fans are informed.

Dictatorships despise the media xD

Mofra
22-03-2022, 09:39 AM
Has anyone any clue why Hunter was initially dropped. If the club won’t tell us anything, maybe we need the media to find out so the fans are informed.

Dictatorships despise the media xD
He had what, 13 touches last weekend and didn't get much time on the wing?
In a way it sounds like we had a plan without him and at the last minute Hunter was shoehorned into JJ's role.

Perhaps he's just not in good touch right now? His performance on the weekend suggests that may be the case.

bornadog
22-03-2022, 09:41 AM
In a way it sounds like we had a plan without him and at the last minute Hunter was shoehorned into JJ's role.

Perhaps he's just not in good touch right now? His performance on the weekend suggests that may be the case.

He was also struggling in the Lions match

Grantysghost
22-03-2022, 09:54 AM

I find it a little odd really. He’s a proven performer and former best and fairest who has been a little off over pre season and he’s dumped for round 1?

I’d be backing him form wise with his credits, especially over some that were in the side.

I thought covid but then why would Bevo be apoplectic if that leaked, it’s a pretty valid reason and Hunter would be ok with it I’m sure.

Maybe there’s an issue for him off-field, that seems to make the most sense considering Bevo’s reaction to the leak but of course is pure speculation. We know he had issues prior when he stacked his car due to trying to become a parent. Having been down that road it does break you down.

Grantysghost
22-03-2022, 09:57 AM
He was also struggling in the Lions match
He wasn’t great but had a comparable game to R.Smith in a similar position.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-03-2022, 10:24 AM
I find it a little odd really. He’s a proven performer and former best and fairest who has been a little off over pre season and he’s dumped for round 1?

I’d be backing him form wise with his credits, especially over some that were in the side.

I thought covid but then why would Bevo be apoplectic if that leaked, it’s a pretty valid reason and Hunter would be ok with it I’m sure.

Maybe there’s an issue for him off-field, that seems to make the most sense considering Bevo’s reaction to the leak but of course is pure speculation. We know he had issues prior when he stacked his car due to trying to become a parent. Having been down that road it does break you down.

I wonder how much of Bevo's outburst was a delayed reaction to Morris's leaking of Gardner's omission from the GF? Bevo didn't really speak about it at all leading up to or post GF.
Morris's mention of Hunter may have just reopened that original wound.

mjp
22-03-2022, 10:32 AM
He’s a proven performer and former best and fairest who has been a little off over pre season and he’s dumped for round 1?

You can't implement change unless you exclude those who the playing group see as untouchable.

My concern is that this means some things are NOT going well...which Bevo had been addressing without success...final shot across the bow of the 'players group' ship - exclude Hunter. As in, you don't think I'm serious? I'll show you how serious I am.

This was almost the perfect storm of such a scenario (in that Hunter was given a last minute reprieve that was easily explainable by the match committee) HOWEVER he then went out there and didn't respond in the way you would have hoped...so NOW what do you do.

Couple that with Bevo's post game reaction which was that of a coach who knows things aren't the way they should be.

I'm actually a little worried.

azabob
22-03-2022, 10:36 AM
This was almost the perfect storm of such a scenario (in that Hunter was given a last minute reprieve that was easily explainable by the match committee) HOWEVER he then went out there and didn't respond in the way you would have hoped...so NOW what do you do.

Couple that with Bevo's post game reaction which was that of a coach who knows things aren't the way they should be.

Double down and drop Hunter.

Grantysghost
22-03-2022, 10:56 AM
You can't implement change unless you exclude those who the playing group see as untouchable.

My concern is that this means some things are NOT going well...which Bevo had been addressing without success...final shot across the bow of the 'players group' ship - exclude Hunter. As in, you don't think I'm serious? I'll show you how serious I am.

So you're thinking maybe post the GF loss we implemented some changes over the off season that Hunter didn't adapt to very well?

Maybe a more defensive mindset Brayshaw style?

Agree re worry, it wasn't necessarily the target of Luke's anger I was focussed on it was the non sensical nature of what he was saying.
The next two games will be very revealing.

Both tough assignments and we are 0-3 this season so far counting pre season form which appears important to the selectors.

Grantysghost
22-03-2022, 11:36 AM
I wonder how much of Bevo's outburst was a delayed reaction to Morris's leaking of Gardner's omission from the GF? Bevo didn't really speak about it at all leading up to or post GF.
Morris's mention of Hunter may have just reopened that original wound.

It's a valid point as it did seem to be a big part of his unrest.

I think Morris also reported on a Demons' player omission in a final (Smith?) so I'm not sure if it was a totally accurate reflection of the situation when he said he was targeting the club.

The leak is the issue, and Morris not playing by the boys club code of ethics.

comrade
22-03-2022, 11:54 AM
Well now I’m really worried.

Jeanette54
22-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Am I the only one who sees our trite and corporate speak apology as virtue signalling ? These are the sort of thing you issue to "protect the brand".

Scraggers
22-03-2022, 06:08 PM
I've watched Bevo's presser a number of times. I've also watched the media double-down on Bevo and his "outburst" over the weekend (and again last night). And I've read this thread plus a whole lot of social media palaver.

Now I might be the only person who thinks this, but I don't see what Bevo did was wrong. He called out a grub, who through other means was proven that he was a grub, therore (I believe) Bevo was justified in what he said.

Only one comment in the transcript is personal towards the journalist (I refuse to name him anymore), the rest relates to they way he did his job. Yet every comment from Carro, Hutchy, Lyon et al. is personal. "Lose the mustache" ... "Show some respect" ... "Unprofessional" ... "No scruples".

Why is there a double standard here? And why are we (as supporters) not backing our coach? I agree with a post earlier on in this thread ... the difference between Melbourne's defense of their coach and ours is light-years away.

GVGjr
22-03-2022, 07:50 PM
I've watched Bevo's presser a number of times. I've also watched the media double-down on Bevo and his "outburst" over the weekend (and again last night). And I've read this thread plus a whole lot of social media palaver.

Now I might be the only person who thinks this, but I don't see what Bevo did was wrong. He called out a grub, who through other means was proven that he was a grub, therore (I believe) Bevo was justified in what he said.

Only one comment in the transcript is personal towards the journalist (I refuse to name him anymore), the rest relates to they way he did his job. Yet every comment from Carro, Hutchy, Lyon et al. is personal. "Lose the mustache" ... "Show some respect" ... "Unprofessional" ... "No scruples".

Why is there a double standard here? And why are we (as supporters) not backing our coach? I agree with a post earlier on in this thread ... the difference between Melbourne's defense of their coach and ours is light-years away.

I think he was right to have a crack to Morris but labeling him a gutter journalist, as much as he really is, didn't need to be said.
Questioning his integrity is spot on but labeling him is what the others in the media have taken exception to.

I don't think the club should have paid any fine, Bevo's response a day later was more than sufficient.

As for the media backing their own, I hope they know we have long memories.

Grantysghost
22-03-2022, 08:09 PM
I think he was right to have a crack to Morris but labeling him a gutter journalist, as much as he really is, didn't need to be said.
Questioning his integrity is spot on but labeling him is what the others in the media have taken exception to.

I don't think the club should have paid any fine, Bevo's response a day later was more than sufficient.

As for the media backing their own, I hope they know we have long memories.

Trying to exclude him from the press conference like he was in charge of it was one of the more delusional moments.

The bulldog tragician
22-03-2022, 10:04 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-luke-beveridge-press-conference-after-western-bulldogs-vs-melbourne-tom-morris-walks-out-video/news-story/0d087b0f8f8fffe0649bfef7bc6ac485?fbclid=IwAR3ffI6r6Y8dkGu1rm bFTrOryO6SsSxEoBTjUbsaSSTz8RxY6Sap9dbMhP4

I don’t think the full Wilson story has been posted?

The Bevo meltdown even featured on Media Watch! Before an item on the courageous Russian journalist who invaded a news report to protest the war and associated propaganda, risking her freedom and who knows what, to do as her conscience dictated. Brings the Bevo spat into perspective.

whythelongface
22-03-2022, 11:19 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2022-luke-beveridge-press-conference-after-western-bulldogs-vs-melbourne-tom-morris-walks-out-video/news-story/0d087b0f8f8fffe0649bfef7bc6ac485?fbclid=IwAR3ffI6r6Y8dkGu1rm bFTrOryO6SsSxEoBTjUbsaSSTz8RxY6Sap9dbMhP4

I don’t think the full Wilson story has been posted?

The Bevo meltdown even featured on Media Watch! Before an item on the courageous Russian journalist who invaded a news report to protest the war and associated propaganda, risking her freedom and who knows what, to do as her conscience dictated. Brings the Bevo spat into perspective.

I couldn’t believe it was on media watch, let alone the opening piece. Yes Bevo overstepped the mark but surely it is not that significant that it needs to be a lead item on one of the flagship programs on our National Broadcaster. Those spots are generally reserved for the likes of Blot, Rabid dog Kenny and their ilk. As for Wilson, Lyon and other footy media types they are just hypocrites of the highest order - love dishing it out but can’t handle a return of serve. As for accusation that this has been brewing for awhile we’ll that is just speculation of the highest order just to stir some controversy.

Mofra
23-03-2022, 10:03 AM
I thought Bevo was fairly measured - no swearing, no raising his voice - but shouldn't have gone as far as he did. Frustration clearly fed into the incident.

The praising of other journos like Sam Edmund and Riley Beveridge who do the right thing (ie call the comms manager before putting the story out) is lost. Journos have taken all of the nuance out of it.

Either way, he did take heat off the playing group for the week. Machiavellian play by Bevo is some respects.
Ash Hansen coaches Carlton this week and he knows us very well so Bevo's going to need to pull out a trick or two.

Happy Days
23-03-2022, 11:20 AM
Should’ve posted the thing from the Game Day thread in here. Anyway - Bevo clearly wanted to get his shit in at the press conference (don’t think that he just came up with “gutter/muck raking journalist” given how many times he said it) and was probably further annoyed by our performance, but the refusal of the media to let the story die off despite all of the players having moved on kind of sums up the issues with the content mine which is part of what annoyed Bevo so much in the first place.

Like - the Classified crew asking if he’d apologised to Morris personally, as if the public apology somehow was the softer way to do it? How does someone who isn’t trying their hardest to flog a dead horse even come up with that?

Ghost Dog
30-03-2022, 08:52 PM
Must say, I am not a Robbo fan, but really like the way he came out in defence of Bevo on AFL 360, which is a FOX show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aK0RfrVjPU

azabob
30-03-2022, 09:38 PM
Must say, I am not a Robbo fan, but really like the way he came out in defence of Bevo on AFL 360, which is a FOX show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aK0RfrVjPU

Hold on GD. I think you will find Robbo was very quick to write an article questioning Luke’s state of mind, asking does he need help.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2022, 02:17 AM
Hold on GD. I think you will find Robbo was very quick to write an article questioning Luke’s state of mind, asking does he need help.

Thanks Abob. Really? That's funny, because he says in this interview that people were over the top to question Luke's state of mind..
1:47 mins " There's been some hysterical reaction, like he needs mental health and stuff..."

azabob
31-03-2022, 07:03 AM
Thanks Abob. Really? That's funny, because he says in this interview that people were over the top to question Luke's state of mind..
1:47 mins " There's been some hysterical reaction, like he needs mental health and stuff..."

Yeah him and Carro were pretty quick to pen columns or get on talk back radio. In the actual clip you posted he mentioned he wrote an article.

Keep posting GD.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2022, 11:32 AM
Yeah him and Carro were pretty quick to pen columns or get on talk back radio. In the actual clip you posted he mentioned he wrote an article.

Keep posting GD.

Thanks Azbob. That's pretty bipolar. what a flip flop. Because that article was behind a paywall, I can't read it.
How he survives as a journalist I have no idea.