PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Ed Richards 20

Hotdog60
18-03-2022, 10:12 PM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
18-03-2022, 10:13 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/1008280.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)
A speedy half-back from the Oakleigh Chargers, Ed Richards was drafted by the Western Bulldogs with the 16th pick in the 2017 NAB AFL Draft. With Collingwood greats Ron and Lou Richards in his family tree, Richards' footy pedigree is hard to ignore, with his use of the football and his ability to break lines a key aspect of his game. After making a Round 2, 2018 debut against West Coast, Richards went on to play every subsequent game in his first senior season and earn a NAB AFL Rising Star nomination in Round 10. Richards played 17 games in season 2020, before managing five games during the last campaign.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/1722/ed-richards)

EasternWest
18-03-2022, 11:00 PM
Average on results so far, but I really rate him.

boydogs
19-03-2022, 12:51 AM
Great pace off the mark, not sure of his best position yet

jazzadogs
19-03-2022, 01:07 AM
Career to date has been average for a first round draftee, but I think he will have an above average 2022.

GVGjr
19-03-2022, 08:14 AM
I'm bullish on Richards for this season as a return to the back line should see significant improvement in his performances.
He's under performed against his talent but the outlook appears OK to me.

Hotdog60
19-03-2022, 09:52 AM
I gone for average at this stage but has the tools if he can settle into his position on the half back. I would like to see him use his pace a bit more and take the game on.

soupman
19-03-2022, 11:21 AM
I like him but the seasons he has spent playing wing/half forward have been a complete failure imo. Pleased he has returned to the backline and see him as the Duryea successor where he is solid in the contest and assured with the footy without being an out and out rebounder like Dale.

Ghost Dog
19-03-2022, 06:43 PM
I like him but the seasons he has spent playing wing/half forward have been a complete failure imo. Pleased he has returned to the backline and see him as the Duryea successor where he is solid in the contest and assured with the footy without being an out and out rebounder like Dale.

Hi Soupman,
Kind of a disappointment though. I thought he had more to offer goal wise. Oh well.