PDA

View Full Version : If we lose to Carlton I will be:

mjp
23-03-2022, 04:07 PM
So - How are the vibes as we get closer to the game?

hujsh
23-03-2022, 04:08 PM
Could really use a win

Scraggers
23-03-2022, 04:16 PM
I voted for GF denial ... my head is still firmly in the sand

azabob
23-03-2022, 04:30 PM
I voted for GF denial ... my head is still firmly in the sand

how the heck can it be? You witnessed the GF disaster.

azabob
23-03-2022, 04:31 PM
I went with WORRIED, and would add - BUT NOT SURPRISED.

Mofra
23-03-2022, 04:47 PM
I would definitely be worried - BUT we have never sustained a full season of high level performance under Bevo. We haven't finished top 4 at the end of the H&A season in recent years, and have never finished 1st in out VFL/AFL history.

I think the best we can hope for is a Brisbane Lions circa 2003 type year - they snuck into third by winning the last 3 games of the year as other teams below them dropped games, lost the first final, but gelled when it mattered.
Given we'll get Bruce back (late) and our best team absolutely has him in it, that's our best hope.

bornadog
23-03-2022, 04:57 PM
Voted worried.

Grantysghost
23-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Went anxious especially considering Swans the week after.

The club has set the goal of sustained success from this season on and top 4 is a minimum.

Scraggers
23-03-2022, 05:32 PM
how the heck can it be? You witnessed the GF disaster.

First hand ... on the wing ... six rows from the front.
And at about the 25 minute mark of the third quarter, I put my head in the sand and that is where it remains until we win our first game and the season starts proper.

Vred
23-03-2022, 05:47 PM
Worried boarding on frantic.
Demons game I can kinda understand dropping (although no good signs for me during that game), if we lose this one, yeah... Not gonna be happy.

soupman
23-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Under Beveridge we have kind of been a hot and cold team. If we lose I will no be very amused, but I do expect at some point we will hit good form and win plenty of games.

Obviously a lot will depend on the manner of the loss if it eventuates, if we suck then I'll be proper concerned.

I would really like us to push to the next level as a team and be an actual top 4 side that banks the wins and puts ourselves in a good position. As fun as the finals runs are I'm not sure finishing 5-8th and then going for the hail mary finals campaign is a sustainable model. I would take a loss to Carlton as a sign that we havent progressed yet.

DOG GOD
23-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Yep, went with worried, however in my ladder predictor I had us 0-3 after 3 rounds, so it wouldn’t surprise me. We tend to have a problem with Carlton (well certain players like Betts, McKay, Cripps), and if they are on the rise then I’d imagine we might struggle again. Having Hansen in the box now against us will only benefit their chances you’d think.

Grantysghost
23-03-2022, 07:11 PM
Under Beveridge we have kind of been a hot and cold team. If we lose I will no be very amused, but I do expect at some point we will hit good form and win plenty of games.

Obviously a lot will depend on the manner of the loss if it eventuates, if we suck then I'll be proper concerned.

I would really like us to push to the next level as a team and be an actual top 4 side that banks the wins and puts ourselves in a good position. As fun as the finals runs are I'm not sure finishing 5-8th and then going for the hail mary finals campaign is a sustainable model. I would take a loss to Carlton as a sign that we havent progressed yet.

Agree you have to be winning 15+ games to make top 4 and apart from very rare occasions that's where it's won.

We go 0-2 that's 15 from 21.

azabob
23-03-2022, 07:38 PM
Yep, went with worried, however in my ladder predictor I had us 0-3 after 3 rounds, so it wouldn’t surprise me. We tend to have a problem with Carlton (well certain players like Betts, McKay, Cripps), and if they are on the rise then I’d imagine we might struggle again. Having Hansen in the box now against us will only benefit their chances you’d think.

What position do we finish?

Bulldog4life
24-03-2022, 09:46 AM
Agree you have to be winning 15+ games to make top 4 and apart from very rare occasions that's where it's won.

We go 0-2 that's 15 from 21.

And then there is Sydney next week. This is a game we have to win. I voted worried.

jeemak
24-03-2022, 11:02 AM
It's just a game and I refuse to let it drive me insane - matchday thread notwithstanding.

The competition is ridiculously even and if we're a little bit off there's ten other teams that can knock us off on any day. Maybe more. I enjoyed our finals run, I hated losing the Grand Final. The last few games of last year's home and away season were a bore.

Our off season has been hindered by having to bring in a couple of new coaches, we lost two really good assistants that led to that. Knowing that I'm not expecting us to be as settled as we might like.

With all that in mind, I've gone for mildly agitated. I could be worried, but given the time zone difference and the lack of most media and conversations about the game here I can't let it worry me too much if we lose because it's not that relevant to my day to day at the moment.

DOG GOD
24-03-2022, 06:57 PM
What position do we finish?

I had us 7th with 11-11

Melb- loss
Carl - loss
Syd - loss
Rich - win
North - win
Adel - win
Ess - win
Port - loss