PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 2, 2022 vs Carlton

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-03-2022, 07:41 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 2 match against Carlton. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage.

comrade
25-03-2022, 08:20 AM
The Hannan miss would have really tightened the screws but Carlton seemed to have an answer all night anyway.

Dunks taking Marra’s mark in the last quarter and inevitably butchering the set shot was also annoying.

Mofra
25-03-2022, 09:12 AM
Curnow slotting a goal from the boundary after getting a free that should have been holding the ball.
From that moment is was just going to be their night

jeemak
25-03-2022, 09:12 AM
The Hannan miss would have really tightened the screws but Carlton seemed to have an answer all night anyway.

Dunks taking Marra’s mark in the last quarter and inevitably butchering the set shot was also annoying.

Both infuriating and exactly the two I would go with.

Dunks has such an inflated sense of self, but really, he should be a mark and handball player and leave those opportunities for others if he can (which he could, but selfishly chose not to).

jeemak
25-03-2022, 09:15 AM
Curnow slotting a goal from the boundary after getting a free that should have been holding the ball.

If you recall Patty Cripps dragged English down in the marking contest on the wing prior to that play I think, which was a clear instance of pulling down the arms......but it was funny according to the commentators, because it resulted in a falcon. Yay!

Happy Days
25-03-2022, 09:28 AM
Yeah I’m going with Curnow throwing it to himself, dropping it and getting a free for holding the man. We’re also gonna hear all week about how the Bulldogs “had their chances” but probably not about how two of the shots should’ve been from the back of the goalsquare with obvious 50s missed.

comrade
25-03-2022, 09:32 AM
Bont also got smashed in a marking contest deep in our forward line that was missed. Just a shit night all round.

Happy Days
25-03-2022, 09:46 AM
Bont also got smashed in a marking contest deep in our forward line that was missed. Just a shit night all round.

That one was insanity. Two of them ran straight into him.

EasternWest
25-03-2022, 10:12 AM
That one was insanity. Two of them ran straight into him.

I didn't have a problem with the body contact from one of them coming in from the side, but the other one just ran straight at him from the front. WTF.

bornadog
25-03-2022, 10:33 AM

One of the worst decisions ever, that was incorrect disposal if I have ever seen one. The goal also steadied them and made it just that bit harder to bridge the gap.

Mantis
25-03-2022, 02:17 PM
One of the worst decisions ever, that was incorrect disposal if I have ever seen one. The goal also steadied them and made it just that bit harder to bridge the gap.

I got into a heated argument with a Carlton supporter about this one... he said Curnow didn't have possession of the ball so he couldn't be tackled... WTF!

jeemak
25-03-2022, 02:22 PM
I think Curnow laughing about it when it happened and afterwards was probably enough evidence to show it was BS.

Watching the telecast though, it was a free every day of the week. Because they said so.

merantau
25-03-2022, 02:45 PM
Naughton hitting the post spelt, 'This is going to be one of those games' for me.

MrMahatma
25-03-2022, 02:55 PM
Naughton and Hannan misses.

Cody handballs instead of snapping.

Dunkley misses from in front.

But THE moment was prob the first goal. Easy goal. You just knew there was more to follow.

SonofScray
25-03-2022, 03:22 PM
I got into a heated argument with a Carlton supporter about this one... he said Curnow didn't have possession of the ball so he couldn't be tackled... WTF!

A few times last night Carlton players, in possession of the ball, just juggled it to themselves or blatantly threw it up to themselves while continuing to bust through and we got pinged for holding the man. At least three occasions and the Curnow one stands out as a real tough pill to swallow in what ended up being a close scoreboard.