PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Josh Bruce 17

Hotdog60
24-03-2022, 07:21 PM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
24-03-2022, 07:23 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/291492.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

Key forward Josh Bruce joined the Bulldogs from St Kilda during the 2019 Telstra AFL Trade Period. The 29-year-old agreed to terms on a four-year deal to call VU Whitten Oval home until the end of 2023. Bruce played every game for the Saints in 2019, kicking 36 goals and finishing ninth in their best and fairest. An experienced forward and powerful athlete, Bruce is a strong contested mark who consistently hits the scoreboard, having kicked 36 or more goals in four of the past five years. Bruce was originally selected by Greater Western Sydney as an ACT zone selection in 2010, before requesting a trade to St Kilda at the end of the 2013 season. The key forward had a major impact in 2021, kicking 48 goals before cruelly being struck down by an ACL injury on the eve of the finals.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/710/josh-bruce)

Testekill
24-03-2022, 07:31 PM
I think above average but it's borderline, he and Naughton provide a lot of power in the air and are both intimidating enough that either of them could grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Missing him until the end of the season really hurts our forward structures.

angelopetraglia
25-03-2022, 12:16 AM
We looked the most dangerous last year when Bruce and Naughton were up and running. It is a very different forward line with just Naughton providing the tall target.

Hotdog60
26-03-2022, 07:51 AM
I've gone for above average because he has the tools and it will be interesting when Bruce comes back to how we fair because I think he is too dangerous to ignore and take some of the heat off Naughton.

EasternWest
26-03-2022, 03:39 PM
Clearly above average. Can go missing, but can take games apart.

If he comes back as aerobically fit as he did last year we'll be significantly better for it.

Happy Days
26-03-2022, 05:08 PM
There should be an asterisk voting option to reflect that none of his goals actually count.

We need him back so bad.

Grantysghost
26-03-2022, 06:19 PM
There should be an asterisk voting option to reflect that none of his goals actually count.

We need him back so bad.

God I've missed this.

Edit (happy days I was worried my gf meltdown made you leave !)

Happy Days
26-03-2022, 07:37 PM
God I've missed this.

Edit (happy days I was worried my gf meltdown made you leave !)

Nah man to be honest I didn’t even see it. Just a lot of big things happening right now.

Grantysghost
26-03-2022, 08:12 PM
Nah man to be honest I didn’t even see it. Just a lot of big things happening right now.

All good take care, love your posts.

Vred
27-03-2022, 02:36 AM
Our most needed player back right now

Ghost Dog
31-03-2022, 12:08 PM

Hope you sort things out Happy Days

Agree, vitally important to get him back so he can draw a defender and free AN up a bit.
Also remains to be seen how he will sync with JUH. Potentially a very exciting partnership.