PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Toby McLean 16

Hotdog60
24-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
24-03-2022, 07:25 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/996483.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

Toby McLean is a creative small forward/midfielder with exceptional leap and marking ability for his size. Crafty around goal, agile and a prolific ball-winner, McLean averaged 22 disposals from 20 games and kicked 32 goals in an outstanding first year in the TAC Cup. The 18-year-old was runner-up in the TAC Cup’s league best and fairest award, and was named best on ground in the Oakleigh Chargers’ Grand Final win. McLean played a career-high 15 games in 2016, and was a part of the Club's AFL Premiership win in just his second season of senior football. Unfortunately for the popular forward, a second ACL injury in 2021 ruled him out for the season.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/1081/toby-mclean)

Hotdog60
26-03-2022, 08:02 AM
I think Toby is above average and I hope the ACL doesn't make him less of a player. Toby in form would be very handy right now and because he has been out for so long we may forget that he does have some talent.

Vred
27-03-2022, 02:37 AM
Need him to step up in a defensive mid role / tagger role, as right now we need someone to shut down the Petracca/Crips of the game

bornadog
27-03-2022, 09:23 PM
I rate him as just average, nothing special. He can fill a role and do his job, and he is the type you can generally rely on.