PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Jack Macrae 11

Hotdog60
29-03-2022, 12:29 AM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
29-03-2022, 12:31 AM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/295467.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

A prolific ball-winner, Jack Macrae is firmly entrenched as one of the Bulldogs’ midfield prime-movers, and one of the league's premier midfielders. Arriving at the Club as a creative outside-midfielder via pick number six in the 2012 National Draft, the ever-so consistent Macrae has gone onto hone his craft as a contested ball-winner. The 2016 premiership player nabbed his third-straight All Australian jacket in 2021, while setting the record for most games with 30+ disposals, breaking the AFL/VFL record of 15 matches. The sublime midfielder was elevated to vice-captain for the 2022 season.
LINK
(https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/748/jack-macrae)

GVGjr
29-03-2022, 01:33 AM
Ball magnet, durable and one of the competitions best midfielders. There is plenty to like about Jack.
It's a shame he just doesn't have a bit more punch with his kicking.

The Bulldogs Bite
29-03-2022, 11:43 AM
It's a shame he hasn't won a B&F, his consistency alone deserves one. Thought he has been hard done by in the voting once or twice.

Regardless, he's the most reliable player on our list.

It would be nice if he had a touch more pace or hurt factor by foot, but he's still elite in his own right.

Hotdog60
30-03-2022, 12:44 AM
How can you not list him as Elite for a player to accumulate the amount of possession he does is on another level.