PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Hayden Crozier 09

Hotdog60
02-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
02-04-2022, 10:02 AM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/293651.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

Hayden Crozier arrived at the Kennel during the 2017 NAB AFL Trade Period, having played 69 games across six seasons for Fremantle. Spending majority of his early career as a forward, he reinvented himself in the red, white and blue by taking on a rebounding half-back role. He played 17 games in his debut season at the Bulldogs, missing just one game the year after. Crozier notched up his 100-game milestone in round 16, 2019, and was ranked second at the Club for marks and rebound-50s.
LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/286/hayden-crozier)

EasternWest
02-04-2022, 10:06 AM
I put average, but average in a good way.

I thought he was finished last year, but has started this year quite well.

GVGjr
02-04-2022, 10:46 AM
Handy player for us but needs a few things to go his way to be regarded as best 22.

soupman
02-04-2022, 11:04 AM
Don't really see a future with us at this stage.

His ball use is a weak point, especially considering the high standard we expect of our defenders by foot. His marking is also no where near the level that it was a few years ago, which sucks as that is his strong point.

Unless he can remodel himself as something else I think he's slid too far back in the pecking order down back. The role he is best suited to is the Duryea/Richards role where he is expected to defend and provide some rebound, but will need to push ahead of either of those guys, plus hold of Williams and eventually Cleary/Raak/Khamis/maybe Butler to do so.

Grantysghost
02-04-2022, 11:08 AM
Went average.

Has some nice afl level traits but just doesn't seem to bring them all together often enough.

I think he could be tried as a forward, he's got a great pack busting leap, decent endurance and kicks straight enough.

Could play that Hannan role.

But can't see a long term future for him at Dogs.

Hotdog60
02-04-2022, 08:52 PM
Hayden has gone from great heights when you were confident if he was in the area he would launch and take a grab but now his highlight reel is far and few between and maybe the twilight has come sooner rather than later.
Average for me.

Testekill
03-04-2022, 12:03 AM
Hayden has gone from great heights when you were confident if he was in the area he would launch and take a grab but now his highlight reel is far and few between and maybe the twilight has come sooner rather than later.
Average for me.

I've got a sneaky feeling that the end is coming for Croz. He used to have vice hands and you could count on him to intercept but that style does break a player down. If he can transition to being a forward again then there's still some time but I suspect he only has two or three years left in him at best.

Happy Days
05-04-2022, 10:53 AM
Even though he’s course corrected a bit and seems to have eschewed his more reckless tendencies (at least from what I’ve seen early this season), his ball use is deteriorating and his position is crowded.

He’s on the fringe of the 22 but I’m considerably more confident in him should he be needed to play this year.

jeemak
05-04-2022, 02:50 PM
I went with average.

The proliferation of interceptors forward of the ball has really highlighted a weakness in his disposal, however, it's not the end for him.

Good teams need depth and if our depth is at his level then we're probably going OK. Full credit to him for working his way into selection contention again, and true to his word from years gone, Bevo never really writes a player off unless he absolutely has to and he's often talked about how Croz is still in the mix.

If he stays healthy and works on his decision making/ kicking off half back then he'll at least be good depth for more preferred options or might just find himself in form and playing at the top level regularly again. Footy's fickle.

boydogs
07-04-2022, 01:11 PM
Think he will follow the Easton Wood path, player that gets by on his athleticism that becomes fringe approaching 30