PDA

View Full Version : Rating our list 2021: Mitch Wallis 03

Hotdog60
06-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Hi All,

Well we are down to the last 4 get your votes in and we'll wrap it up. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

I hope current performance doesn't reflect on last years assessment.

Hotdog60
06-04-2022, 08:15 PM
https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/AFL/Players/ChampIDImages/XLarge2022/291545.png?i10c=img.resize(scale_height:0.504)

A father-son recruit with superb leadership qualities, Mitch Wallis has played 153 games in the red, white and blue since making his debut in round five, 2011. Predominantly playing as an inside and defensive midfielder early on in his career, the 29-year-old made the switch forward in season 2020 - booting 25 goals to be named the Bulldogs’ leading goalkicker. Despite limited senior opportunities in 2021, Wallis extended his commitment to the Club late last year.

LINK (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/634/mitch-wallis)

Hotdog60
07-04-2022, 06:12 PM
It's sad for Wally because he's such a likable player but he been in decline for a while now and the game or our game style has passed him by.

GVGjr
07-04-2022, 07:49 PM
He's somewhere between average and below average but who knows what might happen if he gets an extended run at it

EasternWest
07-04-2022, 08:30 PM
I put average and feel dirty for it.

soupman
07-04-2022, 10:27 PM
Below average.

I love him but what is he as an AFL player atm?

He's not a mid, covers the ground terribly, lacks range with his disposals and doesn't really impact games. As a forward he is a small tall forward with no ground ball ability and no contribution to the pressure game. Can't play anywhere else.

Can't think of a team that would pick him. Have no idea why we are.

MrMahatma
07-04-2022, 10:40 PM
Below average.

I love him but what is he as an AFL player atm?

He's not a mid, covers the ground terribly, lacks range with his disposals and doesn't really impact games. As a forward he is a small tall forward with no ground ball ability and no contribution to the pressure game. Can't play anywhere else.

Can't think of a team that would pick him. Have no idea why we are.

Would he be a worse mid than Lipinski? I’d say there’s a spot for him for a team that needs a big bodied mid. Essendon?

soupman
07-04-2022, 11:17 PM
Would he be a worse mid than Lipinski? I’d say there’s a spot for him for a team that needs a big bodied mid. Essendon?

Much worse than Lipinski. Lipinski sucks in the crucial contests, but at least he can get to them and can only get better.

Essendons midfield is pretty stacked, it lacks a big bodied contested type but Wallis isn't that anyway, they'd rather play Hobbs.

Happy Days
08-04-2022, 12:45 PM
He isn’t AFL standard and hasn’t been for a while, and I was never overly impressed with him as a KPF during COVID-ball.

But there is a lot to be said for having a glue guy around in an environment where everyone being mates with everyone is vital to the success of the group.

boydogs
11-04-2022, 01:24 AM
Looks awfully slow this year. Needs to work on his 20m sprint

Testekill
11-04-2022, 07:41 PM
Wallis is slow and struggles to keep his feet in the contest; I'm sure the players love having him around the club but there's no conceivable reason why he should be there beyond this season.