Best on ground:

Eastdog
18-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Margin: Dogs by 2 points

First goal: Aaron Naughton

Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli

GVGjr
18-07-2022, 07:34 PM
Is there any update on Oliver's availability?

That would be a huge out for them if he was to miss but he is a tough bugger and very likely to play through any discomfort.

bornadog
19-07-2022, 06:09 AM
Dogs by 5 points
First Goal Cody
BOG Bont

Hotdog60
19-07-2022, 06:38 AM

That would be a huge out for them if he was to miss but he is a tough bugger and very likely to play through any discomfort.

If he does happen to play we will secretly select Steven Kretiuk to tag Oliver so he can shake his hand at the start of the game.

Bulldog4life
19-07-2022, 11:00 AM

Without Gawn, Petracca and Oliver the Dees wouldn't be in the 8. My opinion.

Happy Days
19-07-2022, 11:29 AM
Oliver is certain to play apparently. Without checking they’re pretty much at full strength, only “missing” Tom McDonald who I believe has bravely elected to go on strike for the season until Jordan Peterson gets his Twitter account back.

The Bulldogs Bite
19-07-2022, 01:10 PM
Melb by 26
BOG Libba
FG JJ

We've really failed the test each time we've come up against genuine quality. Melbourne probably aren't at their best, but I suspect they'll bring it for us.

Bulldog Joe
19-07-2022, 02:04 PM

Only issue is that they have them and seemingly their better players rarely miss games.

Bulldog Joe
19-07-2022, 02:07 PM
Melb by 26
BOG Libba
FG JJ

We've really failed the test each time we've come up against genuine quality. Melbourne probably aren't at their best, but I suspect they'll bring it for us.

I hear you and this becomes a real chance to prove everyone wrong by really bringing our best.

My confidence is about where you are with your prediction.

To have any chance Bont, Libba and English need to outperform Petracca, Oliver and Gawn.

I can hope we will come with a plan to help, but I suspect the plan will come from Melbourne to restrict the things we do best.

MrMahatma
19-07-2022, 02:47 PM

Where would we be on the ladder without Bont, Naughton and Libba?

boydogs
19-07-2022, 09:55 PM
I hear you and this becomes a real chance to prove everyone wrong by really bringing our best.

My confidence is about where you are with your prediction.

To have any chance Bont, Libba and English need to outperform Petracca, Oliver and Gawn.

I can hope we will come with a plan to help, but I suspect the plan will come from Melbourne to restrict the things we do best.

English won’t beat Gawn alone but with Sweet at the clearances and English around the ground we can come close

Bulldog Joe
19-07-2022, 10:16 PM
English won’t beat Gawn alone but with Sweet at the clearances and English around the ground we can come close

English actually had the better of Gawn overall in round 1

Axe Man
20-07-2022, 10:20 AM
I didn't see the game but Port went close to beating Melbourne on the weekend with Dixon and Finlayson as their rucks.

Predictably Melbourne won the hitouts, however Port won the clearances. Of course Oliver out would have helped Port's cause.

The ruck will be a factor but I don't think it's likely to be one of the most crucial ones in deciding this game.

boydogs
20-07-2022, 08:24 PM
English actually had the better of Gawn overall in round 1

Team hit outs were 44-20 Melbournes way. Gawn 34, Jackson 10, English 18, Naughton 1, Cordy 1

English did well around the ground but that’s my point, we need both English and Sweet to control the skies

MrMahatma
20-07-2022, 10:08 PM
Dogs by 45
FG: Cody
BOG: Naughton

jeemak
21-07-2022, 03:19 AM
Probably one of the best pressers I've seen from Bevo recently.

Especially given nothing within it addressed why we are good, and why we might win this week.

Mantis
21-07-2022, 12:05 PM
After the shit show that was our trip to Sydney I was pretty much done for the year, but being the sucker I am, which obviously comes with being a Dogs fan I'm on the train once again.

Results fell our way last week such that 8th spot is open & Melbourne are very gettable (not sure we can get them) so I'm ready to back us in... for one more week (maybe). ;)

Obviously need some positive changes to team from last week as we had too many passengers, but Smith, Bruce & English should be better for the run and we have some handy players coming in... big test for the group and if we don't rise to the challenge then we need to look closely to how we move the group forward, but also a big opportunity to get the season back on track.

bornadog
21-07-2022, 05:18 PM
After the shit show that was our trip to Sydney I was pretty much done for the year, but being the sucker I am, which obviously comes with being a Dogs fan I'm on the train once again.

Results fell our way last week such that 8th spot is open & Melbourne are very gettable (not sure we can get them) so I'm ready to back us in... for one more week (maybe). ;)

Obviously need some positive changes to team from last week as we had too many passengers, but Smith, Bruce & English should be better for the run and we have some handy players coming in... big test for the group and if we don't rise to the challenge then we need to look closely to how we move the group forward, but also a big opportunity to get the season back on track.

Lucky your son convinced you to go.

Mantis
21-07-2022, 06:28 PM
Lucky your son convinced you to go.

We were *!*!*!*!ing awful against St.Kilda... lucky they were worse & our captain put on a masterclass.

No joy was had sitting through that, except watching the boy sing the song at the end.

Mantis
22-07-2022, 06:11 PM
So I'm back on board, but will be watching from the couch as the 2+ years of dodging the 'rona has come to an end.

I'll no doubt be a grumpy (grumpier) prick come game time so strap yourselves in!

GVGjr
22-07-2022, 06:14 PM
So I'm back on board, but will be watching from the couch as the 2+ years of dodging the 'rona has come to an end.

I'll no doubt be a grumpy (grumpier) prick come game time so strap yourselves in!

All the best Mantis, hopefully a speedy recovery.

Grantysghost
22-07-2022, 06:34 PM

Argh sorry to hear that Mantis.

Loads of my friends and their families have it currently, wear your n95s peeps.

All the best with it.

jeemak
22-07-2022, 06:54 PM
Hope you recover quickly Mantis.

Reckon most of us will be having another lick of the COVID lollie these next few months.

HOSE B ROMERO
22-07-2022, 07:15 PM
Ben Brown a late out.

Dogs by 3

first goal cody

bog smith

The Bulldogs Bite
22-07-2022, 07:56 PM

You do your best work grumpy.

Looking forward to the game day posts ;)

EasternWest
22-07-2022, 07:57 PM
I'll no doubt be a grumpy (grumpier) prick

Not possible. You hit peak grump some time ago.

I'm caravanning around Australia at the moment and my 4 year old tested positive the other day. She's out of iso (which has been just awesome in a caravan might I add) as of today and it's got me baffled how the other three of us haven't scored it off her. Yet here we are.

Get well soon Mantis.

Happy Days
22-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Ben Brown just got replaced by Weideman in their 22. Suddenly feel a lot less confident about our chances.

EasternWest
22-07-2022, 08:20 PM
Ben Brown just got replaced by Weideman in their 22. Suddenly feel a lot less confident about our chances.

Your misplaced disdain of Ben Brown is endlessly amusing.

boydogs
22-07-2022, 10:15 PM

Gardner is a much better fit for Weideman. If Richards and Williams tighten up on Fritsch and Pickett they will struggle to score, 10/12 goals last week came from those two and Brown

azabob
22-07-2022, 10:36 PM
I hate Melbourne.
I hate watching us play Melbourne.
It seems our players hate playing Melbourne just as much as I hate watching it.

Hopefully something changes tomorrow night

bornadog
23-07-2022, 12:31 AM
I hate Melbourne.
I hate watching us play Melbourne.
It seems our players hate playing Melbourne just as much as I hate watching it.

Hopefully something changes tomorrow night

got to bring intensity from the bounce

Eastdog
23-07-2022, 12:53 AM
got to bring intensity from the bounce

Absolutely. We need a big start like last Friday and then to maintain it.

FrediKanoute
23-07-2022, 01:25 AM
Big start. Intense pressure. Run both ways. Win then next 9 games and we win the flag......it all starts now.

MrMahatma
23-07-2022, 01:47 AM
Dogs by 65 points

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 10:08 AM

Sorry to hear that. I’m 3 weeks Covid related and off work til at least Aug 1st. And the end of my sick pay.
It has literally left me with complete bed rest and chronic fatigue symptoms.
I hope you fare better.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear that. I’m 3 weeks Covid related and off work til at least Aug 1st. And the end of my sick pay.
I hope you fare better.

That’s awful DG.

Hope things pick up soon.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 11:01 AM
I hope you fare better.

Gee sorry to hear the DG. It hits people all different ways. I've so far avoided it but it is spreading fast up here.

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 11:40 AM
Gee sorry to hear the DG. It hits people all different ways. I've so far avoided it but it is spreading fast up here.

Stay safe, Bulldog4life

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 11:41 AM
That’s awful DG.

Hope things pick up soon.
Appreciate that Grantysghost. Maybe someone on here has a voodoo doll of me ;)

G-Mo77
23-07-2022, 11:49 AM
I hope you fare better.

Yeah not good mate. I'm further along than you, I think it's about 5 - 6 week, but sounds similar to what I went through. Fatigue is the main one, any time I do something physical I just want to sleep for hours. The cough is still with me and working in some pretty bloody cold conditions it's flared up again. It is getting better, I'm finding myself slowly getting out and doing more things and not getting as tired. Hopefully you start getting over the hump soon.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 11:53 AM

Haha well you ever know :)

EasternWest
23-07-2022, 12:07 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/jj8s8PSz/images-9.jpg

I saw this at Scraggers' place.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 12:08 PM
I hope you fare better.

Yeah not good mate. I'm further along than you, I think it's about 5 - 6 week, but sounds similar to what I went through. Fatigue is the main one, any time I do something physical I just want to sleep for hours. The cough is still with me and working in some pretty bloody cold conditions it's flared up again. It is getting better, I'm finding myself slowly getting out and doing more things and not getting as tired. Hopefully you start getting over the hump soon.

I’m ok at present with just some fever, headaches and general fatigue.

Not liking the sounds of the fatigue hanging around… I’m due to compete in the City2Surf in 4 weeks and my training has been going well and was about to ramp up. Have been wanting to do the run for a while but through injury and lockdowns it had been pushed back. Hopefully it passes quickly for me and the situation for you 2 improves.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 12:26 PM
Not possible. You hit peak grump some time ago.

I'm caravanning around Australia at the moment and my 4 year old tested positive the other day. She's out of iso (which has been just awesome in a caravan might I add) as of today and it's got me baffled how the other three of us haven't scored it off her. Yet here we are.

Get well soon Mantis.

Hope your 4 yo is ok EW. My youngest daughter and my 5 mth old grandson in Melbourne have just got covid. My daughter for the second time. What's your itinerary on your trip?

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 01:47 PM
Dog God and Mantis all the best in your convalescence.
Sounds debilitating. Recover well.

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 02:12 PM
I’m ok at present with just some fever, headaches and general fatigue.

Not liking the sounds of the fatigue hanging around… I’m due to compete in the City2Surf in 4 weeks and my training has been going well and was about to ramp up. Have been wanting to do the run for a while but through injury and lockdowns it had been pushed back. Hopefully it passes quickly for me and the situation for you 2 improves.
Fingers crossed Mantis you can compete after all your hard work.

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 02:14 PM
Geez mate, sounds like I’ve got a bit to go (sigh). Good luck getting over this BS

chef
23-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Against my better judgement I'm driving down to the game tonight. All I'm asking is we have a crack.

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Dog God and Mantis all the best in your convalescence.
Sounds debilitating. Recover well.
Thanks. Fingers crossed.

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 02:49 PM
I hope you fare better.

I hope you get a lot better DG. Thanks for sharing.

DOG GOD
23-07-2022, 02:53 PM
I hope you get a lot better DG. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks GVGjr. We are all in this together at some point. Wouldn’t wish it upon my worst saints enemies ;)
But in all seriousness, it sucks balls. So speedy recovery to Mantis and anyone else in the WOOF community, including family and friends.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 02:54 PM
Against my better judgement I'm driving down to the game tonight. All I'm asking is we have a crack.

I've got my spidey senses happening.

I'm confident.

azabob
23-07-2022, 05:20 PM
So McComb is the sub?

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 05:42 PM
Win this and we are in the eight.

Dogs by a whisker, 3 pt's
FG: JJ
BOG: Bontempelli.

The bulldog tragician
23-07-2022, 06:06 PM
The Tragician is OUT, after surgery. Barrack hard everyone in my stead, I’d so love to defeat these detestables.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 06:19 PM
The Tragician is OUT, after surgery. Barrack hard everyone in my stead, I’d so love to defeat these detestables.

Take it easy and get better soon Trag.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 06:20 PM
Dogs by 13
FG: McNeil
BOG: Bont

Jeanette54
23-07-2022, 06:30 PM
I have hated playing Melbourne ever since we were thrashed by them on a cold wet, and windy Western Oval, on my 5th Birthday; way back when the Saturday night replays were in black and white. So, c'mon Dogs tears, at my age of advancing decrepitude, are an undignified sight.

Well, here goes.

Dogs by 15 points
BOG: English
FG: Bruce

PS Warm wishes for a speedy recovery to our Woofers effected by the dreaded co-vid lurgy.

The Underdog
23-07-2022, 06:42 PM
I have my sister in laws 40th tonight, which is the fates way of saving me from myself.
Can only hope the Dees struggle off a 6 day break from playing in Alice Springs.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 07:01 PM
At some stage I'd really love to see us put the Melbourne chip on our shoulder to rest. This is a significant hurdle the guys have got to work through. Might as well be tonight. C'mon Dog's.

Dogs by 23 points
BOG: Bailey Smith
First Goal: Weightman

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 07:04 PM
Three things I don't want to see tonight :

1.) Melbourne escaping out the front of stoppages and getting out the back of our high press.
B.) A tight shot of Clayton Oliver on the big screen
3.) Bont in the ruck.

Three things I want to see :

1.) Midfield doing it both ways
2.) Lever dragged away / made accountable
C.) Manning the mark in our defensive half.

Think we might jump out early and get pegged back for a close finish.

Dogs by 3.
FG Bruce
BOG Libba.

azabob
23-07-2022, 07:40 PM
OUT: Lever
IN: Thomlison

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 07:44 PM

Been touted this week. Lets see if we can exploit that.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 08:04 PM

That's a big omission.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 08:35 PM
Marra!

Mantis
23-07-2022, 08:36 PM
Complete lack of respect by Bailey Smith to Petracca at that centre clearance… he just plays the game on his terms.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 08:47 PM
Great goal Garcia.

Best start we've had this year against good opposition

Mantis
23-07-2022, 08:49 PM
Jack Macrae shows no *!*!*!*!ing respect for his opponent in the centre square… has cost us the last 2 goals to Melbourne.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 08:49 PM
Why are our defenders always all at sea and out of position!?

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 08:52 PM
I wish we could curb Oliver.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 08:52 PM
That was poor by Cody.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 08:53 PM
That’s just rubbish by Gardner. If you’re going to fly effect the contest!

kruder
23-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Dunkley has been very average of late, just doesn’t look like his head is in the game.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 08:57 PM
Our skill level is terrible

Mantis
23-07-2022, 08:59 PM
Our defence is *!*!*!*!ing pathetic…. Every time they go for forward they look like scoring.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2022, 09:00 PM
How dumb was English. Sat 75m behind the ball and Bullan marks on his own and Goals

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:00 PM
Well what started well ended poorly.

Midfield was average, too many key players down, and our skill level was terrible in the second part of the quarter.

Plus, we just can't defend. They score every time they go forward.

ReLoad
23-07-2022, 09:02 PM
They can do absolutely nothing wrong, everything is going their way, lucky bounces, and some pretty deplorable non decisions from the umps.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:03 PM
9 shots from 16 entries.

Our defence is barely state level standard.

Topdog
23-07-2022, 09:03 PM
Agree our defence isn't good but geez everytime they go forward they are just walking it in.
How bout some pressure

Funke disco
23-07-2022, 09:04 PM
Why do we always concede goals in the last minute of any quarter

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2022, 09:05 PM
We need a lift from JJ, MaCrae and Keith

josie
23-07-2022, 09:05 PM
For those of you watching at home was that HTB decision against Marra in front of our goal correct? It looked blatantly wrong to me. I’m sitting with cheer squad.

C’mon dogs let’s tighten this up.

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2022, 09:06 PM
That’s Game over. Let’s play the kids now.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Man they are waltzing out the front of stoppages.

I feel like we threw our best punch and they absorbed it and took control.

Topdog
Our midfield really learnt absolutely nothing from the mauling they got in the GF

Mantis
I’m 100% off Jack Macrae… massive stat padder who shows no accountability.. was watching from the centre as his man helped set up the goal.

azabob
23-07-2022, 09:08 PM
Our midfield is embarrassing.

BornInDroopSt'54
Hannan taps to Petracca on the chest.

Grantysghost
Game feels dead already at the ground.

+13 contested to Demons.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:11 PM
Good contest by Marra and nice roving by Westy.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:14 PM
I’m 100% off Jack Macrae… massive stat padder who shows no accountability.. was watching from the centre as his man helped set up the goal.

I'm with you.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:17 PM
Nice little fight back here… let’s keep it going!

hujsh
23-07-2022, 09:18 PM
While a mark is better, I like that Buku is really belting the ball when he spoils.

Marra's effort is showing why he's playing and Schache isn't and West continues to get better.

Mixed bag overall but still in it

hujsh
23-07-2022, 09:19 PM
Oh and English has competed well I think. Haven't seen the stats but feel they've both had wins

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 09:20 PM
Really good fightback so far.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:20 PM
*!*!*!*!ing Fritsch always kicks goals like that

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:21 PM
That’s shit by Bont, just can’t let them goal side.

hujsh
*!*!*!*!, Buku read that so well but really needed to hold the mark

Bumper Bulldogs
We have learnt nothing 18 rounds on. They just hit it forward and run onto it it. Kick long and goal.

Someone stand goalside at the centre bounce

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:22 PM
This defence is seriously putrid.

Theyd struggle to contain a VFL forward line.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Wow that was a training drill from one end to the other.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 09:24 PM
You can't win conceding goals like this.

0 pressure.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:25 PM
This defence is seriously putrid.

Theyd struggle to contain a VFL forward line.

Yep, they’re seriously pathetic as a group… not being helped with the ease in which the ball comes in, but at some point they need to be able to hold firm… but they can’t.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:27 PM
Rinse & repeat… why does every defender want to fly at each contest?

Buku ain’t up to this level as a defender… just gets lost.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:27 PM
Yep, they’re seriously pathetic as a group… not being helped with the ease in which the ball comes in, but at some point they need to be able to hold firm… but they can’t.

Yeah I mean, the lack of pressure is another story entirely ... But at some point defenders need to defend SOMETHING.

It's unacceptable that our list management has come to this.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:30 PM
Why why WHY do we continually feed the ball back to Gardner to dispose of the ball!? It's idiotic. He's not a kicker.

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 09:34 PM
That’s Game over. Let’s play the kids now.

Cant agree with this BB, let the players earn their spots.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:34 PM
Why go to West in the air?

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:36 PM
Well done Marra

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 09:37 PM
I wish we could curb Oliver and Fritsch every time we play them.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:37 PM
Getting nothing from Naughty and Juice.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:38 PM
Bruce is moving like an old man… he shouldn’t be out there.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:39 PM

Yeah, hate to say it, but you can see why we want Lobb.

English has been good but as he tires, Jackson/Gawn rise.

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 09:44 PM

We keep playing him when he is clearly out of form.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 09:44 PM
30 inside 50s to 27. Our way.

That tells me;

1. Their entries are good and our defending is awful.
2. Our entries are poor. The connection between mids and forwards is still bad. Why!? No excuse considering we have 3 targets.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 09:45 PM
I wish we could curb Oliver and Fritsch every time we play them.

Oliver is a maniac with his contest. Not sure it's that easy to stop him when he's playing like this..

Stats differentials that matter :

-13 hit outs
-7 centre clearances
-12 contested
-5 marks inside 50
+12 tackles

kruder
23-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Hunter should be playing ahead of Mcsteal.

merantau
23-07-2022, 09:46 PM
We are still in this game. Just have to stop them walking the ball out of the centre and scoring at will in the second half.

There are a few players who need to lift
Bont, Macrae, Bruce, Naughton, Dunkley.

And could we please not have three defenders flying for the ball?

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2022, 09:46 PM
You know we just need Morris and Boyd back on our back line. They carried Fletcher maybe they can carry Kieth. He is cooked

chef
23-07-2022, 09:47 PM
All we need to do is clean up our forward entry and we're a fair chance. We arent playing bad.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 09:48 PM
What's wrong with Keath says injured on AFL app.

Bruce 1 disposal :(

azabob
23-07-2022, 09:56 PM

Keath went off with a neck injury. I thought he came back on.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 09:56 PM

Went off after a knock to the neck, but appeared to be ok.

Bruce can barely raise a gallop…. He just isn’t ready to go after such an interrupted build-up and it’s poor team selection to have him playing now.

Nuggety Back Pocket
23-07-2022, 09:59 PM

We cannot afford to carry Keath Bruce Johannisen and Khamis. Daniel and Duryea are huge losses in defence

1eyedog
23-07-2022, 10:02 PM
Naughts getting smashed looks uninterested.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:03 PM
Naughts getting smashed looks uninterested.

He's been really disappointing

Mantis
That’s rubbish by Treloar… just no game sense at all.

Bumper Bulldogs
That’s Hannah’s goal for not laying the tackle

ReLoad
God I hate Melbourne. They are so kissed on the D$&k it’s not funny. Everything goes right for them.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 10:04 PM
Went off after a knock to the neck, but appeared to be ok.

Bruce can barely raise a gallop…. He just isn’t ready to go after such an interrupted build-up and it’s poor team selection to have him playing now.

Ah thanks.

Shouldve stayed off!

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Any chance one of our forwards can win a marking contest?

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:06 PM
*!*!*!*! me Aaron.....

The Bulldogs Bite
Great mark Bont.

1eyedog
That’s Hannah’s goal for not laying the tackle

That was a terrible effort

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:15 PM
Really impressive start to the quarter… amazing what happens when there’s defensive intent… defence holding firm too led by Gardner who’s having an excellent quarter.

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 10:16 PM
Lets keep the scores coming Dogs. As Mantis said, the intent is right there.

bornadog
23-07-2022, 10:19 PM
" Since the five-minute mark of the term, the Bulldogs have registered nine inside 50s to nil and have recorded an advantage of seven in contested possession and four in clearances. They have controlled the football with an extra 20 disposals and 11 marks over the time period.: "

Sounds like we are now controlling the game.

I am still away and can't watch either:mad:

Mantis
How many *!*!*!*!ing times do we let them out the front of the centre square contest?

*!*!*!*! me!!

The Bulldogs Bite
*!*!*!*!ing mids.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:21 PM
*!*!*!*!ing mids.

Smith and Macrae don’t give a *!*!*!*! defensively.

1eyedog
23-07-2022, 10:24 PM
Long bomb, same result. Rinse repeat.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:26 PM
Much as I want to win this game I think the most important thing that can happen is we don't get blown away again. Melbourne are the best team in the comp and his performance can build belief and maybe be the catalyst for a run to finals. Need to keep up the pressure and keep in the contest.

The Bulldogs Bite
Bruce has been so bad. That was... Bad.

Mantis
Can Bruce just sub himself out? It’s like we’re playing one short.

1eyedog
So much hard work for nothing.

mjp
23-07-2022, 10:27 PM
We are playing one short with Bruce.

He is so far off it. Last week vs an average side was bad. This week? Man. Oh. Man.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:28 PM
Bruce has been so bad. That was... Bad.

Terrible awful disgraceful stuff

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:29 PM
Does any other side concede scores more than us late in qtrs!?

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 10:29 PM
We faded late in the quarter. A fast start in the 4th is vital.

Dunks and Macrae we need a big effort from you both.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 10:30 PM
We faded late in the quarter. A fast start in the 4th is vital.

Dunks and Macrae we need a big effort from you both.

They get to 16 they win.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:32 PM
We are playing one short with Bruce.

He is so far off it. Last week vs an average side was bad. This week? Man. Oh. Man.

-2 meters gained. That we're this close with him playing is kind of amazing

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:33 PM
Well we've given ourselves a chance at least.

Shame we didn't play more along these lines throughout the year.

Credit where it's due, Gardner was huge that quarter. The ability to intercept and repel attacks is so crucial and it's something we just don't do. Amazing what happens when you find a way to do it - the pressure builds on the opposition.

Unfortunately carrying a few passengers. Need a big even spread this quarter to win

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 10:34 PM
Demons played in Darwin so they may fade.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:34 PM
JJ 3 touches. Need a lot more from him. Williams 3 touches.

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 10:35 PM
Demons played in Darwin so they may fade.

I hope so. :)

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 10:39 PM
English is amazing.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:40 PM
Amazing kick from McNeil let's all admit that

The Bulldogs Bite
Marra been impressive

Mantis
JJ 3 touches. Need a lot more from him. Williams 3 touches.

Langdon has only had 12 against Williams so I think he’s done a pretty fair job.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:41 PM
Naughton is getting owned in aerial contests.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:42 PM
Naughton shit. Again outmarked

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:43 PM
Keath... Ffs. He's done.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:44 PM
Keath can't just lose an aerial contest to Pickett like that

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:45 PM
Not Treloar out. Been so good

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:46 PM
Treloar a huge blow.

Loving JUH

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:46 PM
Marra is getting better & better… love to see it!

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:47 PM
Jamarra arriving. Putting the pieces together

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:48 PM
BRUCE DID A THING!!!

Amazing

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 10:49 PM
Jj major f up.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Oh dear Bailey Dale, that's probably the game right there.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Just can’t seem to win the big moments… too many skill errors under pressure… some without pressure.

But we’re still in it.

Mantis
23-07-2022, 10:53 PM
That was a big moment.. c’mon Dogs!

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 10:54 PM
FGS sake Macrae goals.

The Bulldogs Bite
Come on dogs!!

hujsh
I can't recall a game we've lost when Macrae has kicked a goal.

Great omen

mjp
23-07-2022, 10:55 PM
That was a big moment.. c’mon Dogs!

Maybe that's the strategy? Maybe we've been kicking it to May on purpose? All part of the plan!

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:55 PM
For BAD's benefit Treloar out with calf tightness. Not a hammy thank god

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 10:56 PM
They have to stop kicking into Bruce.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 10:57 PM
I think I love Bailey Dale

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 10:59 PM
Garcia gracias.

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 11:03 PM
Win this and we are in the eight.

Dogs by a whisker, 3 pt's
FG: JJ
BOG: Bontempelli.

1.35 to go ...

BornInDroopSt'54
23-07-2022, 11:05 PM
Congrats WOOFERs great win JUH 5 goals.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 11:06 PM
Wow... and a star is born.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 11:06 PM
That is literally the best ending to the match I could have dreamt up

Mantis
23-07-2022, 11:07 PM
Brilliant stuff… the boy has arrived!

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 11:07 PM
Awesome, couldn't be prouder of the boys

hujsh
23-07-2022, 11:08 PM
And the streak lives!!! Macrae goals. We win

Bumper Bulldogs
23-07-2022, 11:09 PM
Well I can’t believe that we won. Huge effort and they were just huge

Mantis
23-07-2022, 11:09 PM
How good was the skipper in the last quarter? Just willed us to the finish line.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 11:11 PM
How good was the skipper in the last quarter? Just willed us to the finish line.

He looks fit again and when he looks good we go from 10th best team in the league to one of the best

GVGjr
23-07-2022, 11:11 PM

He was brilliant, he's been sensational the last 2 weeks.

Topdog
23-07-2022, 11:13 PM
That was intense, great comeback and shows what can happen when our midfield tackle with intent

Topdog
23-07-2022, 11:14 PM
4 marks, 7 disposals and 3 goals in the last by Marra.
That's bloody impressive

kruder
23-07-2022, 11:17 PM
Loved Garcias confidence to slot that goal. Enjoy everyone awesome win.

Sedat
23-07-2022, 11:17 PM
We would be almost unstoppable if we had a bash and crash ruckman who could nullify opposition clearances.

Fantastic effort otherwise.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 11:19 PM
What a game!

So proud of JUH. That was *!*!*!*!ing brilliant. What a game, he did everything. That last goal is the stuff of dreams!

Some huge efforts from JUH, Bont, Garcia, English, Gardner, Dale, Richards, Macrae, Libba and more. That was the best win we have had for a LONG time.

Before I Die
23-07-2022, 11:23 PM
We would be almost unstoppable if we had a bash and crash ruckman who could nullify opposition clearances.

I think it’s more about having an accountable midfield. Bont on air has just said that once they tightened up in the middle, things started to happen.

I though English was excellent at stoppages and around the ground.

G-Mo77
23-07-2022, 11:27 PM
Oh wow! I've forgotten what it's like to witness a win like that. Tears of joy after the game!!

Mantis
23-07-2022, 11:28 PM

Gawn does that to most… we just set up too offensively and got burnt too often. Macrae & Smith the main culprits.

Grantysghost
23-07-2022, 11:30 PM
Oh wow! I've forgotten what it's like to witness a win like that. Tears of joy after the game!!

Best feeling I've had at a game since the GF.

Crowd was bonkers!

English may get slightly missed in the Marra hype but that's his best game ever considering the opposition.

Testekill
23-07-2022, 11:32 PM
That was absolutely our grand final but I'm very happy to win that all the same. Marra, English, Bont, Treloar all had fantastic games.

Jeanette54
23-07-2022, 11:32 PM
Doing the big happy dance, great win Doggies !

Daughter of the West
23-07-2022, 11:50 PM
Just scrolled through the thread from Langkawi, you bloody ripper! And against the Dees!!! That’s gotta shove some belief back in the team right there

*Also sending out healing vibes to any woofers, family or friends dealing with current Covid, long Covid, short Covid and anything in between (& those recovering from other ailments, Tragician) xx

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 11:52 PM
Loved Garcias confidence to slot that goal. Enjoy everyone awesome win.

That was an ice cold finish, and I was nowhere near confident when he was moving in!
He has shown enough to suggest he can play a role in the future. Looks to be a sound pick, if he can remain healthy.

merantau
23-07-2022, 11:55 PM
Great win. Very proud of the team.

josie
23-07-2022, 11:56 PM
I’m on such a high I’m hitting like to lots of woofers posts. How good was Marra eh? Wowee woofers, just wait until Darcy plays too. Both strong marks, smooth movers and footy brains.

High fiving strangers - almost like 2016. Let’s keep it up for rest if season now boys.

I though Khamis did ok too. An aerial presence. A real highlight for me was when he outmarked Gawn.

And Gardner was looking more assured tonight. Played ok. Well done son. And Richards is fast becoming a gun.

Bulldog4life
23-07-2022, 11:58 PM
I’m on such a high I’m hitting like to lots of woofers posts. How good was Marra eh? Wowee woofers, just wait until Darcy plays too. Both strong marks, smooth movers and footy brains.

High fiving strangers - almost like 2016. Let’s keep it up for rest if season now boys.

I though Khamis did ok too. An aerial presence. A real highlight for me was when he outmarked Gawn.

And Gardner was looking more assured tonight. Played ok. Well done son. And Richards is fast becoming a gun.

Liked the fact that Buku fought back against Fritsch in the second half. A good lesson for him.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-07-2022, 12:01 AM
wrong thread.

What's wrong with it?

MrMahatma
24-07-2022, 12:02 AM
Immmma celebrate ��

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-07-2022, 12:12 AM
What's wrong with it?

I originally posted my WOOF Votes in it.. and I couldn't delete the post, so just replaced the text.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 12:14 AM
Wow. Wow. Wow. Just back from the game. Unbelievable scenes. Hung in tough all game and stood up when it really counted. How good is footy?

Boots
24-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Stunning victory. Best game we've played, possibly since I've been watching footy (c. 2015).

A proper four-quarter effort - no brain fades, no junk-time switch off. We came with a plan, executed it, then shifted strategy to match their shifts. Normally wghen Bevo gives them a rev up int he changes they play well for half a quarter then look a little lost - not tonight! We saw we had a problem with them exiting stoppages forward and we... just stopped them doing it, for the whole game. Magnificent.

We never shut teams down, and we certainly never do it for four full quarters. We did it tonight. That felt like a mature win.

Here's hoping we can keep doing this. God knows we'll need to against Geelong.

Side note, how good is it watching Melbourne look miserable after a loss. They're such entitled pricks they can't even imagine losing, it hits them like a sack of bricks.

dadsgirl16
24-07-2022, 12:34 AM
Just got home…what a win!

My boy Gardi done good again ��

Vred
24-07-2022, 12:35 AM
I went to the game.
I hugged strangers
I cried
I celebrated
I lost my voice

It was so worth it.

SonofScray
24-07-2022, 12:46 AM
Been waiting for a while for a Bulldogs game and circumstances to really inject some emotion into the support, rather than just going along out of a sense of duty, and plugging away.

Funnily enough, I don’t think there was much special about the performance, just met expectations. The boys were good enough, for long enough. Didn’t feel to me like we really dug deep, or ratcheted up the intensity. Just did our thing and came out on top. The circumstances did draw out a bit more from the boys though, and it was the dash of Garcia and the class of Jamarra that really put the feeling into the stands.

I had a racist, loud mouth prick Demons fan near me tonight, and noticed there was quite a few punch ups. Not surprised. They are a bunch of cocky bastards. Not content with the win, I now also wish a great deal of ill on the entire Melbourne football club. May the joyous touch of victory never grace their ilk again. And as the Brazilians say, may a thousand piranhas descend upon their genitals.

Eastdog
24-07-2022, 12:50 AM
Just got home now. Went with my Mum who is a Demons supporter. We sat in different seats and met up at the end of the game again :D

What a win that was! Was jumping out of my seat a number of times tonight.

This was our redemption match against the Demons. So good to have got one back over them. This was a breakout game for Marra. We have star there in the making.

Go Bulldogs!!

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 01:32 AM
Don’t need words.

https://i.postimg.cc/BnbLs5bQ/22739510-EA19-483-A-BDAC-D69-A7-FA23603.jpg (https://postimg.cc/fV4Tf9Y6)

jazzadogs
24-07-2022, 01:38 AM
It was Essendon 2000 vibes in the stands and walking out of the ground. Awesome win.

So glad I could be there for Jamarra's coming of age game. Enormous.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2022, 03:59 AM
Just got home now. Went with my Mum who is a Demons supporter. We sat in different seats and met up at the end of the game again :D

What a win that was! Was jumping out of my seat a number of times tonight.

This was our redemption match against the Demons. So good to have got one back over them. This was a breakout game for Marra. We have star there in the making.

Go Bulldogs!!

No dinner for you this week Easty.

bornadog
24-07-2022, 06:01 AM
Listened to the last quarter, so exciting. Jamara is a bit of a freak, what a game from the young fella

Topdog
24-07-2022, 07:39 AM
Watched that last quarter again just now. Amazing effort from everyone really and a lot of things that I missed originally but Timmy was really big with his efforts and tackling, Bont laid 4 tackles and won free kicks for 2 of them, Buku with some big punches and taps.

Go_Dogs
24-07-2022, 08:44 AM
Woof woof!

Brilliant win.

merantau
24-07-2022, 08:50 AM
It was a win that supercharges self-belief. There were a few times where I thought, "They are just too good. They can kick goals at will. We're condemned to play catch up football."
They just marched it out of the centre and kicked 4 on the trot. And couple of other times they replied IMMEDIATELY to goals we kicked.

But we never CONCEDED. We collectively kept pushing. Every contest was full on. We piled on the pressure and won a famous victory.

I must pay tribute to our cobbled together defence. They were under enormous pressure the entire game. Gardner, Buku, Richards, Dale, Treloar, Keith - take a bow. Treloar was Caleb Daniel Mk2 last night and Bailey Dale continues to drive us forward with his long kicking.

I must also pay a big tribute to Tim English. He played his most telling game for the Club against the best ruck combo going around. He was ably supported by our midfield who really lifted in the second half, especially Jacko.
Finally, Jamarra. What a great game he played. He really came of age last night with big contested marks, contests and 5 big ones.

And Garcia, West and Weightman created headaches for their defence. I am very happy. Let's keep rolling.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 11:10 AM
Listening to the presser Bevo said Webb the midfield coach made some adjustments to stop them coming out the front of the stoppage. They had 5 goals from centre clearances in the first half, 1 in the second.

Made a point of saying if one of their mids gets off the chain (Oliver) make sure the others are covered (Trac, Viney).
Singled out Williams who played on Langdons wing all night.
Spoke about Treloar and the half back move being made after Cameron got hold of us in Brisbane. Lack of speed was a concern.

Said it was one of the better home and away wins, compared it to Swans 15 and thinks all the young guys involved will get a lot out of it.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 11:25 AM
Sunday mornings after a win for the ages. The sun is shining. The family is happy. The coffee tastes better. Everyone is up and about. How good is living.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-07-2022, 11:33 AM
Shattered I missed last night but it was still unreal to watch on TV

That's the first time this year I've been genuinely excited about the footy. Almost forgot how that felt!

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 11:34 AM

That's the first time this year I've been genuinely excited about the footy. Almost forgot how that felt!

Same, I had nerves for the first time in ages.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 11:38 AM
Sunday mornings after a win for the ages. The sun is shining. The family is happy. The coffee tastes better. Everyone is up and about. How good is living.

The only thing that can make it better is Bevo singing Western Bulldogs taking over on GF night.

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/randymoonunit/videos/10154142053686185/?app=fbl

PS Coffee always tastes good!

Happy Days
24-07-2022, 11:51 AM
The only thing that can make it better is Bevo singing Western Bulldogs taking over on GF night.

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/randymoonunit/videos/10154142053686185/?app=fbl

PS Coffee always tastes good!

Bring it back. It was an unbelievably lame song but it was OUR unbelievably lame song.

azabob
24-07-2022, 11:55 AM
Bring it back. It was an unbelievably lame song but it was OUR unbelievably lame song.

Can they also bring back #BeMoreBulldog

azabob
24-07-2022, 11:57 AM
How good was Garcia’s goal to hit the front?

It wasn’t a regulation kick and let’s be honest; I thought he was 50/50 at best.

Amazing composure and didn’t look like missing.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 12:02 PM

It wasn’t a regulation kick and let’s be honest; I thought he was 50/50 at best.

Bruce Duperouzel, Angelo Petraglia or Sedat Sir couldn't have kicked it any better!

hujsh
24-07-2022, 12:04 PM

Every other team has some stupid song they stole from some real life band we should get to keep our original sing.

I'll take Western Bulldogs Taking Over over Never Tear Us Apart or Country Roads every day of the week.

I wish our club sometimes remembered we're an entertainment product essentially and that it's okay to have fun (see also banners)

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 12:04 PM

Haha yes I liked it!

Mantis
24-07-2022, 12:05 PM

I hear yah!

Pretty flat few days for me so it was good to have something to be happy about it.. as per my comments through this thread it was an incredibly frustrating first half, but when the defensive intent was good we became a hard team to play against.

Hopefully it gives us the kick start we need and some confidence to give Geelong a real shake.

Happy Days
24-07-2022, 12:07 PM

Yeah love it for him. Thought the Juice was partially loose out the back but I actually think the unselfish thing to do in those situations is to back your skills in and finish.

Mantis
24-07-2022, 12:09 PM

Yep… he nailed it! As he was running in I thought, pass it off! But he knew what he was doing… also loved his snap in the 1st qtr that went more like a banana.

He won an important ball after we had taken the lead and was able to get the ball out of bounds for a throw in. Bont halted Gawn from the ruck contest and we forced the ball forward to ensure the win.

I like the way he goes about it.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2022, 12:10 PM

Thinking the same way angelo. Oh what a beautiful morning.

GVGjr
24-07-2022, 12:13 PM

It was important that he kicked it right as it didn't have a lot of margin of error with it.
He was impressive last night.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-07-2022, 12:14 PM
I was directly behind his last kick at goal and he flushed it. Right off the boot you knew it was home, just an amazing kick.

Man, my stupid brother booked a stupid game of golf at a stupid time at stupid 13th Beach and I've been too pumped to sleep. Alarm was set for 0530 and I woke up at 0400 in the first instance, 0452 the second time and then just now.

Lucky man would love to play 13th after not sleeping cos of stupid bro and big dogs win.

GVGjr
24-07-2022, 12:14 PM
Bruce Duperouzel, Angelo Petraglia or Sedat Sir couldn't have kicked it any better!

How dare you miss Shark Maylin :)

Bulldog4life
24-07-2022, 12:16 PM

Great goal and his first goal with the snap on his left peg was beautiful to watch too. The boy has talent. Congrats to the recruiter who chose him when he had that bung knee and was out of action. Gutsy pick.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 12:21 PM
How dare you miss Shark Maylin :)

I can't see him! Is that Phil?

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/bullldogs.html

chef
24-07-2022, 12:24 PM
How good was Bailey Dale's spoil late in the last. Game saver.

azabob
24-07-2022, 12:28 PM
Listening to the presser Bevo said Webb the midfield coach made some adjustments to stop them coming out the front of the stoppage. They had 5 goals from centre clearances in the first half, 1 in the second.

Made a point of saying if one of their mids gets off the chain (Oliver) make sure the others are covered (Trac, Viney).
Singled out Williams who played on Langdons wing all night.
Spoke about Treloar and the half back move being made after Cameron got hold of us in Brisbane. Lack of speed was a concern.

Said it was one of the better home and away wins, compared it to Swans 15 and thinks all the young guys involved will get a lot out of it.

How did not one jurno not mention Bontempelli?

GVGjr
24-07-2022, 12:39 PM
I can't see him! Is that Phil?

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/bullldogs.html

Played for us in 85 and 86.

GVGjr
24-07-2022, 12:41 PM
How good was Bailey Dale's spoil late in the last. Game saver.

It's good to see a player that is normally known for his attacking qualities make the perfect spoil when it counted.
It had free kick written all over it but he spoiled it perfectly.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 12:44 PM
Played for us in 85 and 86.

Ah yes remember him well coming over from the Blues.

He was #17.

Those guys I mentioned were all #38 :)