PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 7, 2022 vs Essendon

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-05-2022, 10:08 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in today's round 6 match against Essendon. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage

westbulldog
02-05-2022, 10:46 AM
When Weightman goaled and ran through to somewhat give it to Essendon supporters behind the goals, he (and we) didn't forget their vile posts last year.

Bulldog4life
02-05-2022, 10:47 AM
When Weightman goaled and ran through to somewhat give it to Essendon supporters behind the goals, he (and we) didn't forget their vile posts last year.

That was mine too Westy. It looked beautiful on the tv.

bornadog
02-05-2022, 01:55 PM

That was mine too Westy. It looked beautiful on the tv.

Looked beautiful at the ground as well.

macca
02-05-2022, 02:00 PM
2nd quarter , When the ball flew into the Dons fwd line over stringers head and Richards outran him from behind

the way I see it , Stringer does not trust his hammies . He looked slow and was outrun by Richards who is not fast

I am glad we got the best out of stringer , now the Dons have to deal with the rest of the package of his baggage

josie
02-05-2022, 03:06 PM
Bailey Smiths rundown of Stringer and ferocious tackle on boundary line when stringer was close to goal. Beau-oooo-tiful. Got me out of my seat hollering you little ripper. Loved Weightman’s goal too.

bornadog
02-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Bailey Smiths rundown of Stringer and ferocious tackle on boundary line when stringer was close to goal. Beau-oooo-tiful. Got me out of my seat hollering you little ripper. Loved Weightman’s goal too.

First there was the booing as Stringer headed towards goal and then the loud cheering when he was tackled.

AshMac
02-05-2022, 03:33 PM
2 key moments for me:

1. Weightman giving to the bombers cheer squad after kicking a goal. Beautiful after the abuse he must have copped from last years final

2. Bailey smith chasing down Jake stringer in the last quarter. He was possessed - I knew from the second he turned toward him he’d close the 10m gap. Loved watching him drive him into the ground

AshMac
02-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Just realised both have been called out. Should have read the thread first.

Both were beautiful

EasternWest
02-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Just realised both have been called out. Should have read the thread first.

Both were beautiful

You're allowed to do it too. We'll permit it because you're adorable.

hujsh
02-05-2022, 04:26 PM
2nd quarter , When the ball flew into the Dons fwd line over stringers head and Richards outran him from behind

the way I see it , Stringer does not trust his hammies . He looked slow and was outrun by Richards who is not fast

I am glad we got the best out of stringer , now the Dons have to deal with the rest of the package of his baggage

Pardon? It's probably his #1 positive trait (he also has a great kick but has tended to bite off more than he can chew in the past)

Bulldog Joe
03-05-2022, 09:01 AM

While I disagree with your assertion that Richards is not fast, when watching the replay I noticed Mr Essendon (Tim Watson) effusive in his praise of Stringer for actually keeping running while getting burnt off.

They just should not permit Tim to comment on Essendon games if he is so insistent on barracking for them through his commentary.

Mofra
03-05-2022, 09:59 AM
Another moment I liked - Dunks' tackle in our front half.
He buried him.

I liked it not because it turned the game, but because it showed ruthless intent despite the game being already won. That has been missing at times in the past year and a bit.

SquirrelGrip
03-05-2022, 10:07 AM
For me it was the first two goals to Wally. At that point, I knew we were on and we weren't going to lose.

AshMac
04-05-2022, 08:38 AM
You're allowed to do it too. We'll permit it because you're adorable.

Thanks champ. Needed that this week

AshMac
04-05-2022, 08:41 AM
Pardon? It's probably his #1 positive trait (he also has a great kick but has tended to bite off more than he can chew in the past)

He’s an odd one actually as he gets older. His draft highlights reel was outstanding pace and kicking - both seemed to drop since he joined.

The kicking has been good this year but whilst being fast he has dropped a meter or two in the last few years. Don’t know if it’s bulk or something else but we are such a slow team right now we need more speed

Bottom line - he was awesome his first year and has been miles off that form since

Mantis
04-05-2022, 08:52 AM
He’s an odd one actually as he gets older. His draft highlights reel was outstanding pace and kicking - both seemed to drop since he joined.

The kicking has been good this year but whilst being fast he has dropped a meter or two in the last few years. Don’t know if it’s bulk or something else but we are such a slow team right now we need more speed

Bottom line - he was awesome his first year and has been miles off that form since

He's finally playing in a position that suits his skill set. He was tried at HF & wing continuously over the past 2-3 years and he never looked comfortable, but whenever he played across HB he looked at ease.

Really encouraging performance against Essendon with his ball use and running to position a feature... something to definitely build on.

Happy Days
04-05-2022, 10:39 AM
He’s a really good defender - who knew?

His closing speed is elite as is his spoiling technique, and he’s deceptively strong one on one. He’s showing signs of improving in the air too.

We might not have to search all that far and wide for a Duryea replacement after all.