PDA

View Full Version : After round 1 who will be the first coach sacked?

ledge
25-03-2008, 10:26 PM
SO people lets have a go at this and see how correct we can get. My thoughts are Bailey, Laidley, and maybe Wallace, i think Eade is pretty safe going on our application last game.

ledge
25-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Maybe i should put a twist to make this a bit harder , which i just stuffed up, you only get 1 choice and any particular reason why, see if we can get that reason right too.

GVGjr
25-03-2008, 10:32 PM
My guess is that no coach will go during the season but about 5 of them aren't 100% safe.
I'm not sure about Eade, could he stand the heat if the late 2007 season drubbings continued?

BulldogBelle
25-03-2008, 10:39 PM
A few of them could be out in the cold come season end - Wallace, Craig, Laidley and Eade. They would all want to have very good seasons with their respective clubs.

Mantis
25-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Wallace would have to be gun if Richmond don't win 8+ games, let's hope for another poor season at Tigerland.

Bit hard on Bailey, he needs to be given a chance. I can see a Hawthorn like re-build come season's end at Melbourne. Interestingly enough Bailey like Clarkson was schooled by Mark Williams who has a knack of a quick rebound at Port. A couple more poor performances and I think we might see something resembling an under 21's team at the Dee's, well it should anyway.

wimberga
26-03-2008, 12:42 AM
Going to go out on a limb and say Paul Roos

Mainly just a feeling, no real reaon, he just seems to have been under the pump a little bit and hte swans play boring footy, i thinkt his may come back to bite him.

hujsh
26-03-2008, 12:45 AM

Mainly just a feeling, no real reaon, he just seems to have been under the pump a little bit and hte swans play boring footy, i thinkt his may come back to bite him.

I doubt the chosen child would be dropped just yet. 2 years of boring yet bottom 8 footy before that'll happen

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2008, 09:03 AM

I hope you're right, but I don't think it would happen just yet.

Paul Roos is my 3rd most hated man in football (after Idiot Demetriou and Kevin Bartlett) and it's a long list.

Go_Dogs
26-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I hope you're right, but I don't think it would happen just yet.

Paul Roos is my 3rd most hated man in football (after Idiot Demetriou and Kevin Bartlett) and it's a long list.

Why is that SS?

Mofra
26-03-2008, 01:40 PM
The only coach I can see being let go would be Wallace, and he could talk himself out of a mob hit so we may be close to the first coach-sacking-fee season for ages.

I highly doubt a first-year coach will be sacked

Sockeye Salmon
26-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Why is that SS?

If anyone should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute it should be him.

I know winning is everything, but those controlling the game have a responsibility to future generations to ensure that the game is handed over to them in good health.

In the 60's, the England Cricket team played a dour, defensive game based on putting themselves into the position where they couldn't lose before trying to win. It meant most games were draws and 160-180 runs a day was the norm (less if Ken Barrington got set).

England barely lost a series and cricket nearly died.

They did nothing against the rules, either.

ledge
11-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Do we have any thoughts on who the first coach will be sacked after 3 rounds?
Bailey? Laidley?
I am thinking Rodney is as safe as Thommo now.

1eyedog
11-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Wallace, but he won't go till aft rd 20

ledge
11-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Wallace, but he won't go till aft rd 20

Why do you say that?
How long has he got to go for contract?

LostDoggy
13-04-2008, 09:18 PM
After today wallace will survive a little longer. The club needs clean out Miller included.
I don't think we will see other sackings til at least the end of the year. The questions marks are over Harvey, Ratten and Bailey but as first year coaches get the benefit of doubt.

GVGjr
13-04-2008, 09:51 PM
After today wallace will survive a little longer. The club needs clean out Miller included.
I don't think we will see other sackings til at least the end of the year. The questions marks are over Harvey, Ratten and Bailey but as first year coaches get the benefit of doubt.

Miller would be the first person that I would get rid of there.

1eyedog
14-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Why do you say that?
How long has he got to go for contract?

Till the end of 09 I believe. After yesterday's win the heat will def be off Plough now. Let's not let them beat us....please.

Topdog
14-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I think Mark Harvey will be sacked at the end of the year.

LostDoggy
14-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I think that the first coach to go this year will be Terry Wallace.

LostDoggy
14-04-2008, 04:47 PM
I think Mark Harvey will be sacked at the end of the year.

Interesting you think that, I was wondering yesterday while watching as what the reasons were for Freo being so poor. They are playing the same disinterested way that they played most of last year under Connelly, so I dont think its the coach, more likely the playing list.

Whatever happens there, im sure that a certainty will be a cleanout of the older & recycled players.

ledge
06-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok we are 7 games in, whos head is going to fall if any and only one choice please.
Harvey for mine.
Players arent playing for him.

LostDoggy
06-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Harvey is odds on alright.
Anyone that watched Football Classifeld last night should agree.
He has a terrible media persona, mumbled all through the interview.
Defending Josh Carr with accusations against Geelong then didn't want to back it all.
I believe WA media have it in for him already.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Harvey is odds on alright.
Anyone that watched Football Classifeld last night should agree.
He has a terrible media persona, mumbled all through the interview.
Defending Josh Carr with accusations against Geelong then didn't want to back it all.
I believe WA media have it in for him already.

Harvey's seemed completely out of place since the get go. Struggles to handle the media and by the look of it, struggles to coach a football team too. He had raps on him and was tipped to turn the tables for Fremantle, but it looks even worse for them.

What a difference a couple of months can make. Harvey was long suggested to be a good senior coach having served under Sheedy for a long period of time, and yet that case doesn't seem to be.

Not sure whether Freo will sack Harvey in his first year, he could argue the list needs to be completely rebuilded, but he certainly isn't in a comfortable position.

LostDoggy
06-05-2008, 05:11 PM
After 7 weeks I would say that if any coaches will get scked this year it will be Harvey the first to go. His football team is going bad and he is bad with the media. Other than hom i do not belive that any of the coaches have to worry bout losing their jobs.

ledge
06-05-2008, 05:17 PM
If theres a board take over at Melb i think Bailey is gone.
Last i heard the boardroom isnt going well either.

1eyedog
06-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Wallace, Richmond is crap and will not make the finals putting huge pressure on Wallace IMO. He was supposed to start delivering in 2008. His no 1 draft picks have not come on and I don't think the Richmond board will handle not making the finals again.

Malthouse, I reckon Eddie will reckon it's just about time. If they bow out in week 1 of the finals or don't make them Malthouse will be in hot water. They have high expectations.

1eyedog
06-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry, that's 2 choices. I choose Plough then, but at seasons end. No coaches will go before seasons end and Plough will be the first told.

Bulldog Revolution
06-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Rossy Lyon is looking a reasonable shot to be given his marching orders

FrediKanoute
06-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Wallace, Richmond is crap and will not make the finals putting huge pressure on Wallace IMO. He was supposed to start delivering in 2008. His no 1 draft picks have not come on and I don't think the Richmond board will handle not making the finals again.

Malthouse, I reckon Eddie will reckon it's just about time. If they bow out in week 1 of the finals or don't make them Malthouse will be in hot water. They have high expectations.

Have to disagree. Richmond are far from the rabble they have been for a number of years and for the first 7 games have been playing reasonable football. They are one of the teams contesting the last couple of spots in the 8 and whilst they may not make it, for mine are a team on the improve. Whether that improvement continues once Richo retires is debatable, but I think Wallace is safe this season if they keep going as they have been.

1eyedog
06-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Have to disagree. Richmond are far from the rabble they have been for a number of years and for the first 7 games have been playing reasonable football. They are one of the teams contesting the last couple of spots in the 8 and whilst they may not make it, for mine are a team on the improve. Whether that improvement continues once Richo retires is debatable, but I think Wallace is safe this season if they keep going as they have been.

Fair enough, we'll see at the season's end. Don't think Richmond will make the 8 and don't think the form will last beyond round 12 before they fall in a heap and lose 8 straight.