PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 14 v GWS at Giant Stadium on Saturday Night

Pages : 1 [2]

bornadog
16-06-2022, 07:22 PM
IN: JUH, Schache and JJ

OUT: McNeil, Smith, Buku

Bulldog Joe
16-06-2022, 07:23 PM
IN: JUH, Schache and JJ

OUT: McNeil, Smith, Buku

Good changes.

hujsh
16-06-2022, 07:27 PM
Hoepfully Schache can be that foil to make life easier for Naughton and JUH. I'm sure both would benefit from a tall with the smarts to lead into dangerous places (if his head is in the game)

azabob
16-06-2022, 07:35 PM
ROUND 14 TEAM
Western Bulldogs v GWS Giants
Saturday 18 June, 7.25pm AEST
GIANTS Stadium

B: Ed Richards, Ryan Gardner, Tim O’Brien
HB: Caleb Daniel, Alex Keath, Bailey Dale
C: Bailey Williams, Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott
HF: Jason Johannisen, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Tom Liberatore
F: Marcus Bontempelli, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
R: Tim English, Josh Dunkley, Adam Treloar
Int: Rhylee West, Taylor Duryea, Robbie McComb, Josh Schache

Emer: Mitch Wallis, Lachlan McNeil, Buku Khamis, Hayden Crozier

azabob
16-06-2022, 07:37 PM
Hoepfully Schache can be that foil to make life easier for Naughton and JUH. I'm sure both would benefit from a tall with the smarts to lead into dangerous places (if his head is in the game)

Do you think Schache influence in playing the role you hope will be diluted by him needing to ruck?

Grantysghost
16-06-2022, 07:37 PM
That's the structure we wanted v the Cats.

Can't say we didn't learn I guess.

azabob
16-06-2022, 07:38 PM
Very happy with those changes.

Would still like to see Sweet play ahead of McComb.

Grantysghost
16-06-2022, 07:38 PM
Very happy with those changes.

Would still like to see Sweet play ahead of McComb.

Suprised McNeil copped it before McComb.

Axe Man
16-06-2022, 07:41 PM

You're probably also surprised McNeil wasn't inducted into the hall of fame the other night. ;)

azabob
16-06-2022, 07:42 PM

Same to be honest.

Grantysghost
16-06-2022, 07:42 PM
You're probably also surprised McNeil wasn't inducted into the hall of fame the other night. ;)

Hahaaaa.

Also..

What do you mean he wasn't!?

Bullies
16-06-2022, 07:46 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Bevo nominated McComb for Legend Status.

azabob
16-06-2022, 07:48 PM
GWS have gone with two genuine sized ruckman in Pruess and Flynn

kruder
16-06-2022, 07:49 PM
I would of played Sweet over Marra( I see Schache as a forward only) but I do like the idea of bringing the kid back in fresh off a break and see where he is at.

I thought McComb had his best game in bulldogs colours against the cats( yes the miss was painful) just seemed he had a little more time with ball in hand. He is only kicking tires agree but can see why he stays over Mcsteal.

MrMahatma
16-06-2022, 07:59 PM
Good squad.

No excuses.

josie
16-06-2022, 08:17 PM
Wow, Schache & Marra selected. Super excited to see how they go. Hope West continues to cement his spot. Love seeing him blossom when given chance.

bornadog
16-06-2022, 08:18 PM
Do you think Schache influence in playing the role you hope will be diluted by him needing to ruck?

Maybe but some one has to do it. We also have JUH that GWS have to worry about

macca
16-06-2022, 08:49 PM
Maybe McComb’s kicking gotten better ? He does offer more in the midfield and plays wing, than McNeil
I hope Schache swallows some angry pills and towels their 2 rucks. This is his chance to shine

JJ straight in is a surprise

Wallis will be the emergency is my guess

jeemak
16-06-2022, 08:59 PM
That's the structure we wanted v the Cats.

Can't say we didn't learn I guess.

Yep, would have really improved our contested footy, decision making and skill errors in that first quater! :)

jeemak
16-06-2022, 09:42 PM
Great to see JUH in the side and Schache rewarded for his good work at the lower level. Hopefully they can both have an impact in their respective roles.

Also great to see JJ back. He adds versatility to the team and has a bit of X-factor as a forward.

Grantysghost
16-06-2022, 10:34 PM
Yep, would have really improved our contested footy, decision making and skill errors in that first quater! :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I/giphy.gif

jeemak
16-06-2022, 10:42 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xIO33l7RlmLR4I/giphy.gif

It has to be one or the other. PM me your address and I'll mail you the internet handbook so you know the rules going forward.

Grantysghost
16-06-2022, 10:49 PM
It has to be one or the other. PM me your address and I'll mail you the internet handbook so you know the rules going forward.

Haha.

Send any correspondance to ewsuckersfanbag@gmail.com

FrediKanoute
16-06-2022, 10:50 PM

I'm not. I thought on balance McComb had a better game than McNeil (and he had a better game than West). Not saying that McComb was great or anything, but I do think he deserved to hold his spot.

bornadog
16-06-2022, 10:59 PM
I'm not. I thought on balance McComb had a better game than McNeil (and he had a better game than West). Not saying that McComb was great or anything, but I do think he deserved to hold his spot.

I think he is improving every week.. Has only played 6 games and starting to settle into the pace of the game.

hujsh
16-06-2022, 11:09 PM

It'd be 20% game time at most you'd think. Didn't hurt his game against Geelong (not the best ruck opposition I know) and he's managed to be influential there at AFL level in patches so... I think he could still have an impact forward for us yes.

This is being very optimistic of course. Could just as likely have no impact.

hujsh
16-06-2022, 11:11 PM
Maybe McComb’s kicking gotten better ? He does offer more in the midfield and plays wing, than McNeil
I hope Schache swallows some angry pills and towels their 2 rucks. This is his chance to shine

JJ straight in is a surprise

Wallis will be the emergency is my guess

2 VFL games and a bye isn't exactly straight in.

EasternWest
17-06-2022, 12:13 AM
Haha.

Send any correspondance to ewsuckersfanbag@gmail.com

Hey WTF how did I get dragged into this?

Testekill
17-06-2022, 01:03 AM
Honestly I don't rate either of their ruckmen as threats; Preuss and English have played a similar number of games and English completely eclipses him in marks and clearances. Flynn might as well be a non factor in front of goals if he's going to be second ruck as well.

All we need is for Schache to show some grunt out there and it shouldn't be a big ask to win.

MrMahatma
17-06-2022, 09:19 AM
Honestly I don't rate either of their ruckmen as threats; Preuss and English have played a similar number of games and English completely eclipses him in marks and clearances. Flynn might as well be a non factor in front of goals if he's going to be second ruck as well.

All we need is for Schache to show some grunt out there and it shouldn't be a big ask to win.

Should smash them like Geelong’s mediocre ruck set up… right?

Danjul
17-06-2022, 01:02 PM

Looks like Schache is being set up as the fall guy again.

Happy Days
17-06-2022, 01:03 PM

Man why do you even watch the games. This is just misery.

hujsh
17-06-2022, 01:19 PM
Man why do you even watch the games. This is just misery.

Sometimes you need to in order to call out the globalist conspiracy against Josh Schache. JFK junior will be able to elaborate further.

Axe Man
17-06-2022, 01:26 PM
Sometimes you need to in order to call out the globalist conspiracy against Josh Schache. JFK junior will be able to elaborate further.

https://i.postimg.cc/wjG1RCPR/200-gif-cid-ecf05e47mhj1if0yq0w9q6qmpxlg9ngt1kjf7zj1t9fofa7f-rid-200.gif (https://postimages.org/)

GVGjr
17-06-2022, 01:59 PM

He's coming into the game with some good form, he also has JUH and soon enough Bruce to compete against so his motivation should be to really lift his work rate and perform.

I'm very hopeful he has a good game and of course a Bulldogs win.

Danjul
17-06-2022, 03:35 PM
Man why do you even watch the games. This is just misery.How can you be happy about Grand Final to where we are in a dozen games. Too much experimentation to justify a failed philosophy.

Ruck is critical. Schache isn’t a ruckman. He has done his best to prove that.

I hope for the best but I have no confidence when a good goal kicker is to be monstered in the ruck. Waste of his talent.

(I do think that this is one of the better overall team selections so I recognise that I will see a win.)

bornadog
17-06-2022, 03:47 PM
How can you be happy about Grand Final to where we are in a dozen games. Too much experimentation to justify a failed philosophy.

Ruck is critical. Schache isn’t a ruckman. He has done his best to prove that.

I hope for the best but I have no confidence when a good goal kicker is to be monstered in the ruck. Waste of his talent.

(I do think that this is one of the better overall team selections so I recognise that I will see a win.)

He will only ruck enough time to give English a rest - what maybe 5 min a quarter?

Danjul
17-06-2022, 03:49 PM
He will only ruck enough time to give English a rest - what maybe 5 min a quarter?
Hope you are correct.

GVGjr
17-06-2022, 05:35 PM
Himmelberg has been running into sensational form as a marking defender since the coaching change. He's been selected up forward but I'm wondering if Schache should try and curb his influence if he does play as a defender?

This is a game that worries me and I don't want to lose against GWS.

Axe Man
17-06-2022, 05:44 PM
Himmelberg has been running into sensational form as a marking defender since the coaching change. He's been selected up forward but I'm wondering if Schache should try and curb his influence if he does play as a defender?

This is a game that worries me and I don't want to lose against GWS.

It's a fair point. Taylor is a decent defender who will likely take Naughton. If Himmelberg is allowed to float across unchecked to go third man up or intercept mark whilst Naughts is engaged with Taylor it could be a frustrating night.

The midfielders need to be smart and Schache and Marra need to play their roles.

azabob
17-06-2022, 06:36 PM
Nick Haynes is also back in. Two intercept defenders spells trouble.

GVGjr
17-06-2022, 06:47 PM

It could unless we have a plan to limit it.

BornInDroopSt'54
17-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Go Dogs!
Team set, plan set.
Girdle your loins and enjoy the lead up.

jeemak
17-06-2022, 07:08 PM

I'm sure we'll just ignore it and say "fiddlesticks" when things don't work out.

Happy Days
17-06-2022, 07:15 PM
I really rate Nick Haynes, but the Himmelberg I’ve seen in the past month is better than Nick Haynes. If he starts forward then its a win for us.

Related - what’s good with Nick Haynes? Does he feel like a change of scenery?

mjp
17-06-2022, 07:19 PM

I think Haynes being back and the scores we are ceding to tall forwards means that Himmelberg might swing forward this week.

Taylor takes Naughton of course.

mjp
17-06-2022, 07:21 PM

Haynes is a bit of a ball stopper on offense. His courage and contested marking are great but I'm not certain he's a good player ball in hand...I'm not really sure there is a position for him with us given our 30000 half-backs + ball movement method.

He's certainly one of the best interceptors/spoilers in the game though.

Grantysghost
17-06-2022, 08:01 PM
I really rate Nick Haynes, but the Himmelberg I’ve seen in the past month is better than Nick Haynes. If he starts forward then its a win for us.

Could he play under Bont?

Mofra
17-06-2022, 08:06 PM
He's coming into the game with some good form, he also has JUH and soon enough Bruce to compete against so his motivation should be to really lift his work rate and perform.

I'm very hopeful he has a good game and of course a Bulldogs win.
BOG last game and damn near to it the week before.
Selection integrity matters.

I suspect one of JUH or Schache could stay in the side when Bruce is back, IF they grab their opportunity. I still have doubts this year - Schache can be up and down, while JUH has to find a way to get to a contest that doesn't involve Naughton,.

Mofra
17-06-2022, 08:07 PM
Larynx too brittle. Pass

jeemak
17-06-2022, 09:34 PM
Haynes is a bit of a ball stopper on offense. His courage and contested marking are great but I'm not certain he's a good player ball in hand...I'm not really sure there is a position for him with us given our 30000 half-backs + ball movement method.

He's certainly one of the best interceptors/spoilers in the game though.

Agree, probably a bit like Crozier has become. Just not able to get it moving quickly enough, is too one-sided and ends up using the footy a bit haphazardly. I feel like Doc is becoming a bit the same with age.

EasternWest
17-06-2022, 10:39 PM

We haven't for the last ten years, I don't know what would prompt you to say this.

Bulldog Joe
18-06-2022, 10:00 AM
We haven't for the last ten years, I don't know what would prompt you to say this.

Why should we plan for the opposition. Never seems a priority as we follow our clog up game plan.

Happy Days
18-06-2022, 12:01 PM
Could he play under Bont?

As long as Bont is able to forgive him for being such a pussy then I don’t see an issue.

MJP - it’s an interesting criticism that I hadn’t thought about before with him being a ball stopper, but his defensive work is so good that I think it more than makes up for it.

ratsmac
18-06-2022, 01:31 PM
As long as Bont is able to forgive him for being such a pussy then I don’t see an issue.

MJP - it’s an interesting criticism that I hadn’t thought about before with him being a ball stopper, but his defensive work is so good that I think it more than makes up for it.

We could've done with a ball stopper in last year's GF to slow some momentum

GVGjr
18-06-2022, 02:54 PM
I really want this win tonight.

1) We need to get on a roll
2) It's GWS

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 03:19 PM

2) It's GWS

It's a huge game.

The Aints losing means we can close within a game of them.

DOG GOD
18-06-2022, 03:21 PM
Lose and we are 2 games from 9th spot.

Bulldog Joe
18-06-2022, 03:22 PM

2) It's GWS

We do need to get on a roll, particularly with our first choice players increasingly available.

Have I told you if win our next 12 will be in the Grand Final.

Mantis
18-06-2022, 05:49 PM
Lose and we are 2 games from 9th spot.

And where are we when we win?

bornadog
18-06-2022, 05:51 PM

A game out of the 8

jeemak
18-06-2022, 05:52 PM

I'm not sure DG has considered that scenario........

The Underdog
18-06-2022, 06:33 PM

2) It's GWS

Best case we need to go 6-4 for the rest of the season to make the 8, with a brutal run home. To do more than scrape in we need to storm home from now. This is as close to must win as a round 14 game can be.

DOG GOD
18-06-2022, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure DG has considered that scenario........
I did.
I’m just looking at what a loss would mean.

jeemak
18-06-2022, 07:32 PM
I did.
I’m just looking at what a loss would mean.

I know mate, I should have put a smile next to it as I was yanking yer chain.