PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 15 v Hawthorn at Marvel on Friday Night

Scraggers
12-05-2022, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round 14 match against GWS for our Round 15 match against Hawthorn at Marvel on Friday Night.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.

GVGjr
18-06-2022, 10:49 PM
Bump

azabob
18-06-2022, 11:17 PM
A few changes obviously.

Weightman, Duryea, McComb and likely Dunkley out.

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 11:18 PM
A few changes obviously.

Dunks injured? I missed that.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
A few changes obviously.

What happened to McComb and Dunkley?

azabob
Dunks injured? I missed that.

Maybe suspended with the knee drop into Hogan or traded.

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 11:20 PM
I would just go first draft :

In : Hunter, Crozier
Out : Duryea, McComb

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 11:20 PM
Maybe suspended with the knee drop into Hogan or traded.

Oh haha. He was ok tonight I thought but would be ok if he kicked more.

Grantysghost
18-06-2022, 11:22 PM
What happened to McComb and Dunkley?

McComb was ok late wasn't he.

Hunter has to come in for someone. One of the little Macs I assume or Weightman if he can't get up.

The Underdog
18-06-2022, 11:30 PM
McComb was ok late wasn't he.

Hunter has to come in for someone. One of the little Macs I assume or Weightman if he can't get up.

Thought McComb’s 2nd half was pretty valuable.

bornadog
18-06-2022, 11:33 PM
In: Hunter

Out Duryea

josie
18-06-2022, 11:36 PM
I thought Schache did enough to keep his spot. His ruck work was ok including follow up deft touches.

Crozier in for Duryea. Possibly Bruce in for Marra although I thought Marra presented well and did ok. Perhaps another week for Bruce before elevation.

If Weightman out it would be great to see Bedendo play however my guess is McNeill stays in and perhaps Wally as sub.

josie
18-06-2022, 11:40 PM
Geez, forgot about Hunter. Perhaps Hunter for McComb although thought he did ok tonight, especially in second half-can see why Bevo picks him as hard to tackle and good in tight, just wish he’d kick those gimmie goals.

bornadog
18-06-2022, 11:41 PM
I thought Schache did enough to keep his spot. His ruck work was ok including follow up deft touches.

Crozier in for Duryea. Possibly Bruce in for Marra although I thought Marra presented well and did ok. Perhaps another week for Bruce before elevation.

If Weightman out it would be great to see Bedendo play however my guess is McNeill stays in and perhaps Wally as sub.

McNeil would have to be an in as he was sub, so who comes out?

comrade
18-06-2022, 11:44 PM
Cleary showed plenty and Crozier is just about cooked as a senior footballer.

josie
18-06-2022, 11:45 PM
McNeil would have to be an in as he was sub, so who comes out?

If Weightman out McNeil elevated into 22. If not McNeill stays as sub.

bornadog
18-06-2022, 11:55 PM
If Weightman out McNeil elevated into 22. If not McNeill stays as sub.

I would do the same

josie
18-06-2022, 11:58 PM
Cleary showed plenty and Crozier is just about cooked as a senior footballer.

I like your thinking. Cleary out with covid so did not play vfl last night but if he is ok I agree with you. Buku is another option.

azabob
19-06-2022, 12:05 AM
I like your thinking. Cleary out with covid so did not play vfl last night but if he is ok I agree with you. Buku is another option.

Cleary missed due to covid protocols.

angelopetraglia
19-06-2022, 12:25 AM
JJ looked like he spent some time back after the injury to Doc. Also the other option to cover for Doc is to play Williams back in defense and bring in Hunter to play on the wing.

Vred
19-06-2022, 12:26 AM
Was at the VFL game, thought Hunter's disposals were terrible and based on his VFL game and McCombs game tonight I'd prefer McComb.

Out: Duryea
In: Crozier

soupman
19-06-2022, 07:27 AM
JJ looked like he spent some time back after the injury to Doc. Also the other option to cover for Doc is to play Williams back in defense and bring in Hunter to play on the wing.

Yep JJ spent the whole game back once Duryea was done.

Thought McComb was pretty solid in the second half.

Really don't want to play Crozier.

Hotdog60
19-06-2022, 10:06 AM
Was at the VFL game, thought Hunter's disposals were terrible and based on his VFL game and McCombs game tonight I'd prefer McComb.

Out: Duryea
In: Crozier

I'm with you on Hunter and I give him another week to get some touch sure he got 30 possies but very few were of any quality.
We need to put some kill rust in the ice bath.
Crozier seems the natural replacement for Doc.

Happy Days
19-06-2022, 10:20 AM
You guys are nuts. We can replace Robbie McComb with actually good player Lachie Hunter and you don’t jump at the chance?

Anyone know what the prognosis on Cody is?

GVGjr
19-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Losing Duryea is going to be problematic for us and as much I want JJ in the seniors I'm not sure he is the one to push back and cover Duryea. Could the answer be Anthony Scott?
The Hawks have some talented smaller forwards in Bruest, Wingard and Moore who need some defending, I think Scott might be able to provide some coverage for us.

GVGjr
19-06-2022, 12:08 PM
You guys are nuts. We can replace Robbie McComb with actually good player Lachie Hunter and you don’t jump at the chance?

Anyone know what the prognosis on Cody is?

I can't see us dropping him though but you're right, Hunter needs to come in. Bruce needs another week at Footscray despite his encouraging display.

In Hunter, Out Duryea.

azabob
19-06-2022, 12:09 PM
Losing Duryea is going to be problematic for us and as much I want JJ in the seniors I'm not sure he is the one to push back and cover Duryea. Could the answer be Anthony Scott?
The Hawks have some talented smaller forwards in Bruest, Wingard and Moore who need some defending, I think Scott might be able to provide some coverage for us.

I like that idea. Hunter can come back in and play the wing role Scott has been playing.

On the flip side I really like how Williams and Scott are working well together on the wings.

GVGjr
19-06-2022, 12:27 PM
I like that idea. Hunter can come back in and play the wing role Scott has been playing.

On the flip side I really like how Williams and Scott are working well together on the wings.

Yep, they've been very effective on the wings.

I wonder if Weightman can bounce back and be available?

azabob
19-06-2022, 12:29 PM
Yep, they've been very effective on the wings.

I wonder if Weightman can bounce back and be available?

Five day turnaround would be tough to do.

If he does come up I'd be very surprised if he has any impact at all.

Bulldog Joe
19-06-2022, 12:43 PM
Five day turnaround would be tough to do.

If he does come up I'd be very surprised if he has any impact at all.

We do have a 6 day turnaround to Friday night.

We know the MC are going to make everyone happy by bringing in Cordy for Duryea.

Bulldog4life
19-06-2022, 01:12 PM
Hopefully Cody is right to play. For me Hunter in for Dureya with Scott going to the backline and Hunter to the wing. Wouldn't be surprised if Crozier gets a gig as he has been consistent with Footscay.

Bullies
19-06-2022, 02:05 PM
What happened to McComb and Dunkley? Did McComb play?

Bullies
19-06-2022, 02:08 PM

Anyone know what the prognosis on Cody is? A half fit Hunter is better value

westbulldog
19-06-2022, 06:55 PM
In Hunter Cleary
Out McNeill Duryea

bornadog
19-06-2022, 07:03 PM
In Hunter Cleary
Out McNeill Duryea

Doesn't work, you need another out as McNeil was Med Sub

westbulldog
19-06-2022, 09:56 PM
Doesn't work, you need another out as McNeil was Med Sub

thanks for the clarification BAD, McComb or Weightman (if inj)

mjp
20-06-2022, 12:20 PM
Out: Duryea, In: Crozier
Out: Weightman, In: McNeil

Sub: ummmm....Garcia??

I think Hunter needs to play another game but would have no issue with him being selected. If he is selected, I guess he resumes on his wing which would mean Scott becomes the sub.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 12:48 PM
Out: Duryea, In: Crozier
Out: Weightman, In: McNeil

Sub: ummmm....Garcia??

I think Hunter needs to play another game but would have no issue with him being selected. If he is selected, I guess he resumes on his wing which would mean Scott becomes the sub.

Do you think Scott could be moved to replace Duryea?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-06-2022, 03:47 PM
Bailey Williams back, Hunter wing?

kruder
20-06-2022, 03:48 PM

I can't remember exactly what game it was but Scott found himself on Breust and got towled up. I was thinking the same before that thought as I would like to keep Williams on a wing I'm loving him there at the moment and expect Hunter to play Friday night.

Axe Man
20-06-2022, 04:02 PM
I can't remember exactly what game it was but Scott found himself on Breust and got towled up. I was thinking the same before that thought as I would like to keep Williams on a wing I'm loving him there at the moment and expect Hunter to play Friday night.

Maybe it was a practice match as Scott has never played against Hawthorn (other than as an unused sub).

bornadog
20-06-2022, 04:02 PM

We played Hawks once last year (Scott's first year), and he was substitute, plus Breust didn't play.

Edit: Sorry Axeman we posted at the same time and you beat me by a nano second

hujsh
20-06-2022, 04:16 PM
Maybe it was a practice match as Scott has never played against Hawthorn (other than as an unused sub).

Yep. Think it was the first time we saw Scott in the main team and it wasn't the best first impression to say the least

bornadog
20-06-2022, 04:19 PM
Yep. Think it was the first time we saw Scott in the main team and it wasn't the best first impression to say the least

meh, training run, doesn't count

azabob
20-06-2022, 04:20 PM
I'm still hesitant to move Scott from the wing.

Scott was involved in a number of Naughton's goals and plus he kicked one of his own in the third quarter which was a thing of beauty.

No idea what the MC do as since Hunter has gone out Williams has really stood up.

Scott plays as the defensive wingman, do we trust one of Hunter or Williams to play that role?

Changes at this stage for mine are

IN: McNeil, Cleary, Hunter
OUT: Weightman, Duryea, McComb

Grantysghost
20-06-2022, 04:34 PM
Gunstan and Lewis back for Hawks.

mjp
20-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Gunstan and Lewis back for Hawks.

Does that mean he’s off Foxtel? Thanks be to GOD!

Scraggers
20-06-2022, 05:11 PM
Tim English is out, Weightman to be assessed during the week.

mjp
20-06-2022, 05:12 PM

See, to me stuff like that messes with the dynamics of a team. A defender goes down so a defender comes in. Not a mid so another mid can come in. Bevo will do what he does but to me that messes with the group.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-06-2022, 05:16 PM
Sweet for English, Cordy for Doc

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 05:18 PM
See, to me stuff like that messes with the dynamics of a team. A defender goes down so a defender comes in. Not a mid so another mid can come in. Bevo will do what he does but to me that messes with the group.

I get what you are saying but I just don't think we have a natural replacement for Duryea at Footscray unless it's Crozier so to me it means either Williams or Scott are the likely options and Hunter a more likely replacement for one of them.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 05:24 PM
Sweet for English, Cordy for Doc

Lets see how Sweet goes on the big stage of Friday night.
Not sure how we would bring Cordy in given we already have 3 taller defenders and forward in place.

comrade
20-06-2022, 05:24 PM
Tim English is out, Weightman to be assessed during the week.

Well *!*!*!*!.

Scraggers
20-06-2022, 05:25 PM
So my ins would be :- Sweet, Crozier (played well for Scrays), and Bendendo (if Weightman doesn't get up)
outs would be :- English, Duryea, Weightman (maybe)

azabob
20-06-2022, 05:43 PM
So my ins would be :- Sweet, Crozier (played well for Scrays), and Bendendo (if Weightman doesn't get up)

Bedendo ahead of McNeil?

Mantis
20-06-2022, 05:45 PM

And every time he plays at the top level he struggles.. surely we can't keep going back to him?

bornadog
20-06-2022, 05:58 PM
Lets see how Sweet goes on the big stage of Friday night.
Not sure how we would bring Cordy in given we already have 3 taller defenders and forward in place.

Has to be Sweet in for English, but we don't need Cordy as you say

Scraggers
20-06-2022, 06:10 PM
Bedendo ahead of McNeil?

Yeah ... 100% I love Bendendo's endeavour at the ball. I would have played Buku ahead of McNeil anyway.

Scraggers
20-06-2022, 06:12 PM
And every time he plays at the top level he struggles.. surely we can't keep going back to him?

I tend to agree with you Mantis, but I don't think Cleary is ready yet, and I don't want to go back to Cordy.

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 06:54 PM
So it's pretty much confirmed, English, Weightman for a couple of weeks at least and Duryea for an extended period.

That has to mean Hunter, McNeil and Sweet come into the side.

Using MJP's logic it sort of rules Bedendo out of consideration because he's mainly been on a wing. Khamis probably can't play a Duryea type role.

Scraggers
20-06-2022, 06:56 PM
So it's pretty much confirmed, English, Weightman for a couple of weeks at least and Duryea for an extended period.

That has to mean Hunter, McNeil and Sweet come into the side.

Using MJP's logic it sort of rules Bedendo out of consideration because he's mainly been on a wing. Khamis probably can't play a Duryea type role.

Has Weightman been ruled out?

GVGjr
20-06-2022, 06:59 PM
Has Weightman been ruled out?

Heard that there is damage to the tendons.

Scraggers
20-06-2022, 07:08 PM
Heard that there is damage to the tendons.

Yeah, I did hear that. I suppose I'm hoping because he was able to go back on and finish the game, he might be right for next week.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Plagued by injury

Bulldog4life
21-06-2022, 12:38 PM
Let's hope Tim's delayed concussion is not as bad as Mitch Hannan's was.

whythelongface
21-06-2022, 01:28 PM
Let's hope Tim's delayed concussion is not as bad as Mitch Hannan's was.

Didn’t Tim have an issue with concussion last year? I seem to recall that he missed a few weeks.

GVGjr
21-06-2022, 02:05 PM
Didn’t Tim have an issue with concussion last year? I seem to recall that he missed a few weeks.

Courtesy of a Naughton knee if I recall correctly.

Bulldog4life
21-06-2022, 02:22 PM
Courtesy of a Naughton knee if I recall correctly.

Yep I read the club will be conservative because of the hit last year. Tim's game suffered after that knee by Naughty too.

angelopetraglia
21-06-2022, 02:35 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: E.Richards, R.Gardner, T.O’Brien

HB: C.Daniel, A.Keath, B.Dale

C: R.West, J.Macrae, A.Scott

HF: J.Schache, J.Ugle-Hagan, T.Liberatore

F: M.Bontempelli, A.Naughton, M.Wallis

R: J.Sweet, J.Dunkley, A.Treloar

IC: R.McComb, B.Williams, J.Johannisen, L.McNeil

IN: J.Sweet, L.McNeil, M.Wallis

OUT: T.English (concussion), C.Weightman (elbow), T.Duryea (knee)

English was a surprise out with a delayed concussion which is disappointing given he looked very good against the Giants. Jordon Sweet showed he was a capable replacement earlier in the season while veteran Mitch Wallis, who has been a medical sub recently, is the perfect replacement for the unlucky Weightman who is most likely to only miss one week with a dislocated elbow.

Scott Gullan

BornInDroopSt'54
21-06-2022, 03:26 PM
Carry on regardless.
We can beat the Hawks with above team.
Another shootout perhaps.

Axe Man
21-06-2022, 04:20 PM

Also picked up a concussion in a 2020 intra-club, so 3 concessions in as many years is a bit of a worry.

DOG GOD
21-06-2022, 04:24 PM
Didn’t English miss 5 or so weeks last year after his concussion ?
Hopefully it’s nowhere near that this time.

GVGjr
21-06-2022, 04:26 PM
Didn’t English miss 5 or so weeks last year after his concussion ?
Hopefully it’s nowhere near that this time.

You would hope so.

jeemak
21-06-2022, 05:06 PM
On the plus side we win something like 180% of our games when Jordan Sweet is playing so there's always a silver lining in every bad situation.

Grantysghost
21-06-2022, 05:22 PM
On the plus side we win something like 180% of our games when Jordan Sweet is playing so there's always a silver lining in every bad situation.

On average there are about 0.75 silver linings per bad situation per bad situation.

So with that in mind...

https://media.giphy.com/media/knNXtGOpAtW3iwwHrR/giphy.gif

Axe Man
21-06-2022, 05:48 PM

I'm pretty sure Jordon Sweet wore a fake beard and saved a Peru penalty last week.

merantau
21-06-2022, 08:57 PM
I think the forward set up that will create the most headaches for the opposition will be 4 talls and 2 smalls.

So Naughton, JUH, Schache, Bruce, West and Weightman.

JJ can play back and forward. Likewise Schache who can also play ruck allowing English to go for thus giving the opposition no respite at all.

Mantis
21-06-2022, 09:09 PM
I think the forward set up that will create the most headaches for the opposition will be 4 talls and 2 smalls.

So Naughton, JUH, Schache, Bruce, West and Weightman.

JJ can play back and forward. Likewise Schache who can also play ruck allowing English to go for thus giving the opposition no respite at all.

Where are the rest of our mids playing?

Nuggety Back Pocket
21-06-2022, 09:54 PM
WESTERN BULLDOGS

B: E.Richards, R.Gardner, T.O’Brien

HB: C.Daniel, A.Keath, B.Dale

C: R.West, J.Macrae, A.Scott

HF: J.Schache, J.Ugle-Hagan, T.Liberatore

F: M.Bontempelli, A.Naughton, M.Wallis

R: J.Sweet, J.Dunkley, A.Treloar

IC: R.McComb, B.Williams, J.Johannisen, L.McNeil

IN: J.Sweet, L.McNeil, M.Wallis

OUT: T.English (concussion), C.Weightman (elbow), T.Duryea (knee)

English was a surprise out with a delayed concussion which is disappointing given he looked very good against the Giants. Jordon Sweet showed he was a capable replacement earlier in the season while veteran Mitch Wallis, who has been a medical sub recently, is the perfect replacement for the unlucky Weightman who is most likely to only miss one week with a dislocated elbow.

Scott Gullan
Three big outs plus Bailey Smith and when you add Josh Bruce as well it does make this a very depleted line up. English will be sorely missed given his excellent play around the ground where he has emerged as the best ruck man in the AFL.
We live in hope that our defence will overcome a pretty good Hawthorn attack.

merantau
21-06-2022, 10:06 PM
Where are the rest of our mids playing?

We have Bont, Jacko, Libba, Smith, Hunter, Dunkley and Treloar
English, Bont and Dunkley as the starting three, Hunter and Jacko on the wings, Libba in the centre, Smith and Treloar rotating playing, wing, half forward, starting at centre bounces. You can see I'm not a selector!

I don't see Scott, McNeil and McComb as best 22 at the moment.

Jeanette54
21-06-2022, 10:54 PM
We have Bont, Jacko, Libba, Smith, Hunter, Dunkley and Treloar
English, Bont and Dunkley as the starting three, Hunter and Jacko on the wings, Libba in the centre, Smith and Treloar rotating playing, wing, half forward, starting at centre bounces. You can see I'm not a selector!

IMHO they've each performed well in their last few games, and are showing improvement.

The Doctor
22-06-2022, 07:43 AM
My Team for Hawks

B: Daniel, Gardner, O'Brien

HB: Dale, Keath, Richards

C: Williams, Libba, Hunter

HF: Dunkley, Bont, JJ

F: West, Naughton, Schache

R: Sweet, Macrae, Treloar

INT: Jamarra, Bedendo, Scott, Crozier

EMG: McNeill, Wallis, McComb

MrMahatma
22-06-2022, 08:54 AM
My Team for Hawks

B: Daniel, Gardner, O'Brien

HB: Dale, Keath, Richards

C: Williams, Libba, Hunter

HF: Dunkley, Bont, JJ

F: West, Naughton, Schache

R: Sweet, Macrae, Treloar

INT: Jamarra, Bedendo, Scott, Crozier

EMG: McNeill, Wallis, McComb
This makes sense and should still beat Hawks.

azabob
22-06-2022, 09:18 AM

Scott is best 22. He is currently playing wing quite well and is able to play the defensive wing role which is important in todays game.

On the weekend he had only 12 touches but went at 92% disposal rate, kicked one goal and had 8 score involvements.

He is able to play forward and play back.

comrade
22-06-2022, 09:51 AM
Scott is best 22. He is currently playing wing quite well and is able to play the defensive wing role which is important in todays game.

On the weekend he had only 12 touches but went at 92% disposal rate, kicked one goal and had 8 score involvements.

He is able to play forward and play back.

I’m a fan of Scott too. Those Mr Fixit gap fillers who can actually use the ball well are valuable. I think he’ll continue to improve over the next year or two and become a regular 20+ per game player.

He’s well ahead of McComb.

Mofra
22-06-2022, 10:41 AM
I’m a fan of Scott too. Those Mr Fixit gap fillers who can actually use the ball well are valuable. I think he’ll continue to improve over the next year or two and become a regular 20+ per game player.

He’s well ahead of McComb.
I rate Scott's kicking too.

We have enough accumulators already. His DE is more important than his disposal count.

GVGjr
22-06-2022, 11:05 AM
I can see the potential in Bedendo but I question if he has performed to the standard to earn a promotion just yet.
Good luck to him if he does get the call up.

Smads57
22-06-2022, 02:13 PM
I can see the potential in Bedendo but I question if he has performed to the standard to earn a promotion just yet.

There is no doubt Bedendo has improved much over the year, but he does have one trait that might challenge the standard he needs to be at, to gain promotion.

When he marks the ball, he does have a tendency to play on (which is commendable), but his delivery on these occasions can be haphazard leading to a turnover and wasting the effort he has made in the first place. A little more composure and surety with his disposal is still required in my opinion.

For 'excitement's' sake, he does remind me of a potential young Jeremy Howe (height, build, playing position, ability to to take a good overhead mark, kick a goal occasionally).

EasternWest
22-06-2022, 02:14 PM
There is no doubt Bedendo has improved much over the year, but he does have one trait that might challenge the standard he needs to be at, to gain promotion.

When he marks the ball, he does have a tendency to play on (which is commendable), but his delivery on these occasions can be haphazard leading to a turnover and wasting the effort he has made in the first place. A little more composure and surety with his disposal is still required in my opinion.

For 'excitement's' sake, he does remind me of a potential young Jeremy Howe (height, build, playing position, ability to to take a good overhead mark, kick a goal occasionally).

Man if he turns out to be half as good as Howell than we've found a player.

Axe Man
22-06-2022, 02:58 PM
Man if he turns out to be half as good as Howell than we've found a player.

Agreed, good old Thurston could finance the team for years!

https://i.postimg.cc/W4GnqFV5/Thurston-Howell-001.webp (https://postimages.org/)

Grantysghost
22-06-2022, 03:34 PM
Agreed, good old Thurston could finance the team for years!

https://i.postimg.cc/W4GnqFV5/Thurston-Howell-001.webp (https://postimages.org/)

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7ZePRdNiz1pPymoo/giphy.gif

Axe Man
22-06-2022, 03:52 PM
Bevo in the press conference today indicated that Flea was more likely to miss than play this week but should almost certainly be right for the Brisbane game.

Axe Man
22-06-2022, 06:21 PM
Dogs livewire set to miss, Bevo braces for brutal run home (https://www.afl.com.au/news/784443/dogs-livewire-set-to-miss-bevo-braces-for-brutal-run-home)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are poised to tackle their crucial clash against Hawthorn without livewire Cody Weightman.

The small forward booted five first-half goals against Greater Western Sydney then dislocated his elbow in the third quarter but still played out the game.

Weightman trained on Wednesday but coach Luke Beveridge indicated, while the 21-year-old avoided bone damage, only stretching his ligaments, the six-day break to Friday night's game was likely too little.

"It's a pretty traumatic sort of injury, and he is going to train today but we want to make sure that if he if he plays, he's pain-free, he's comfortable and he can play his natural game," Beveridge told reporters.

"Standing in front of you, I'm not totally certain that that will be the case.

"He'll definitely train and I think we're more inclined to look after him and he'll need to miss a game. But I'd say he'd almost definitely be ready for the following week."

Weightman's absence means Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and Josh Schache will have further responsibility alongside Aaron Naughton.

Josh Bruce is likely to spend another week in the VFL after a successful comeback from his knee reconstruction while Beveridge wouldn't guarantee Lachie Hunter would come straight back in.

Tim English will miss with delayed onset concussion but Beveridge expected him to be fit to face Brisbane the following week.

The Bulldogs are four points outside the eight and realistically need to beat the Hawks to stay firmly in touch with the finals spots ahead of a brutal run.

Matches against Brisbane, Sydney, St Kilda, Melbourne, Geelong and Fremantle await but Beveridge was wary of looking too far ahead.

"Beyond this game we've got a stretch of playing against teams who are above us, which is a fact," he said.

"But Adelaide beat us by a point. There's been other teams everyone was expecting us to beat but you're either good enough or you ain't.

"We believe our best is going to challenge but as we discussed this morning the momentum swings in games we've got to stave off and we're setting ourselves up each week to be a formidable opponent."

Bailey Smith is training fully with the main group, having served one of his four weeks' worth of suspensions for separate headbutting and illicit drug use bans.

"He'll be like a cat on a hot tin roof - he'll want to play but he can't," Beveridge said.

"But he seems to be in an OK space."

azabob
22-06-2022, 06:25 PM
Dogs livewire set to miss, Bevo braces for brutal run home (https://www.afl.com.au/news/784443/dogs-livewire-set-to-miss-bevo-braces-for-brutal-run-home)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs are poised to tackle their crucial clash against Hawthorn without livewire Cody Weightman.

"

Shock horror.

bornadog
23-06-2022, 07:21 PM
In Crozier, Sweet

Out: Duryea, English

Weightman still in

The Bulldogs Bite
23-06-2022, 07:24 PM
In Crozier, Sweet

Out: Duryea, English

Weightman still in

Sensible but I really don't rate Crozier. I'd probably prefer Cleary.

G-Mo77
23-06-2022, 07:29 PM
McNeil medi sub again, otherwise extremely unlucky.

Scraggers
23-06-2022, 07:31 PM

I'm gunna say I nailed it ... or close enough to

angelopetraglia
23-06-2022, 07:49 PM
That is straightforward from our match commitee which is unusual. Crozier deserves his chance with his VFL form and at times has really nailed that small/medium defender spot. Hopefully he brings his best as we need someone to stand up in that defensive post after Doc's injury.

Axe Man
23-06-2022, 07:50 PM
McNeil medi sub again, otherwise extremely unlucky.

Chance of a late in for Weightman I guess.

BornInDroopSt'54
23-06-2022, 08:00 PM

An elbow bandage to support the tendons and a shot.
Good to go.
Or else dare to be in pain.
Cody must've trained.

angelopetraglia
23-06-2022, 08:14 PM
An elbow bandage to support the tendons and a shot.
Good to go.
Or else dare to be in pain.
Cody must've trained.

In the presser before training Bevo said he was going to train and give himself a chance to play. Bevo also mentioned they might need to save him from himself as he would be desperate to play.

G-Mo77
23-06-2022, 08:20 PM

Aha. Yep, forgot about Weightman.

The Underdog
23-06-2022, 09:23 PM
Would have liked to see Bedendo get a crack but understand the selections. Crozier’s form at VFL level is worthy of selection, especially with Duryea out, despite how we might feel about him long (or even short) term

BornInDroopSt'54
23-06-2022, 11:56 PM
Tackling would have to be a concern for Cody, but his attacking side is what we need. Hopefully he is offensive.

MrMahatma
24-06-2022, 12:40 AM
Best fit squad we have. No excuses

mjp
24-06-2022, 11:27 AM
Tackling would have to be a concern for Cody, but his attacking side is what we need. Hopefully he is offensive.

Most oppo supporters find him offensive!