04-07-2022, 09:51 PM
Some big games this coming round again.

bornadog
04-07-2022, 11:40 PM
Some big games this coming round again.

Will be an interesting game Thursday night

GVGjr
07-07-2022, 04:58 PM
Huge round, many important games. Tonight's game will be worth watching.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 05:01 PM
Huge round, many important games. Tonight's game will be worth watching.

Why do I want Geelong to win so badly? I hate Geelong! I'm so confused.

bornadog
07-07-2022, 05:05 PM
Why do I want Geelong to win so badly? I hate Geelong! I'm so confused.

Same here - is it because Melbourne supporters have become so arrogant?

Boots
07-07-2022, 05:10 PM
Tonight's match is a hate watch for sure. The two most anodyne and yet arrogant teams in the league, and they're in first and second place. Gah.

My extreme distaste for Geelong has been dampened somewhat by last year's Grand Final and its aftermath. I still would petulantly like to see Dangerfield end his career with no premiership and any chance to see Jeremy Cameron be disappointed is lovely... but if Melbourne win back-to-back I think I might die.

So Geelong edge out Melbourne for me. I feel dirty.

Bulldog Joe
07-07-2022, 05:23 PM
Tonight's match is a hate watch for sure. The two most anodyne and yet arrogant teams in the league, and they're in first and second place. Gah.

My extreme distaste for Geelong has been dampened somewhat by last year's Grand Final and its aftermath. I still would petulantly like to see Dangerfield end his career with no premiership and any chance to see Jeremy Cameron be disappointed is lovely... but if Melbourne win back-to-back I think I might die.

We all feel the same pain.

Sedat
07-07-2022, 05:57 PM

I'm agnostic on the Demons. They beat us fair and square and if they get 2 in a row that's one less team that gets to enjoy premiership success. I know a lot of Demon supporters and they have all been fine and not at all arrogant about their success last year. Sure some of their players are annoying but there are annoying players in every opposition team.

Everything about Geelong blows. Their pissant little toy ground that we all paid to build, their smug smart-ass coach, the captain who single-handedly brought the game into disrepute with his cynical ducking and flopping tactics from the very start of his career in 2007, the corporate-speak company-man fakery of Dangerfield. They are a fish that absolutely rots from the head. Fark them all.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 06:00 PM
Same here - is it because Melbourne supporters have become so arrogant?

The entire team is super arrogant. Fritsch, Lever, Gawn, Oliver, Petracca all such knobheads.

I never felt this way about the Tigers when they were winning everything.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 06:03 PM
I'm agnostic on the Demons. They beat us fair and square and if they get 2 in a row that's one less team that gets to enjoy premiership success. I know a lot of Demon supporters and they are all fine and not at all arrogant about their success last year. Sure some of their players are annoying but there are annoying players in every opposition team.

Everything about Geelong blows. Their pissant little toy ground that we all paid to build, their smug smart-ass coach, the captain who single-handedly brought the game into disrepute with his cynical ducking and flopping tactics from the very start of his career in 2007, the corporate-speak company-man fakery of Dangerfield. They are a fish that absolutely rots from the head. Fark them all.

Can I swap your Demon's friends for mine?

Sedat
07-07-2022, 06:05 PM
Can I swap your Demon's friends for mine?
I work with about 10 of them, my GF is one (although she could care less about the footy) and I have another 3-4 mates who are Demons supporters. Honestly, they have all been a pleasure to endure since the GF last year - they are just stoked for their team and happy to have broken the drought.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 06:10 PM
I work with about 10 of them, my GF is one (although she could care less about the footy) and I have another 3-4 mates who are Demons supporters. Honestly, they have all been a pleasure to endure since the GF last year - they are just stoked for their team and happy to have broken the drought.

That's nice to hear.

SquirrelGrip
07-07-2022, 06:10 PM
I've tipped Melbourne tonight mainly because they have 2 decent ruckman and Cats don't. I detest the Dees but don't rate the Cats.

My preference for how the game plays out is that the heavens open and that both teams end up with about 10 fit players each. Would love to see soft tissues to Cameron, Dangerfield, Rohan, Petracca, May and Lever, and season over for Selwood, Fritsch, and Gawn.

Is that poor sportsmanship?

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 06:11 PM
I've tipped Melbourne tonight mainly because they have 2 decent ruckman and Cats don't. I detest the Dees but don't rate the Cats.

My preference for how the game plays out is that the heavens open and that both teams end up with about 10 fit players each. Would love to see soft tissues to Cameron, Dangerfield, Rohan, Petracca, May and Lever, and season over for Selwood, Fritsch, and Gawn.

Common sense to me.

Bulldog4life
07-07-2022, 06:11 PM

No just a nice dream.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 06:29 PM

Last game was a weird one, Cats up by 9 goals or something and Demons stormed home to win with Gawn kicking that goal post siren.
Got them top spot.

SquirrelGrip
07-07-2022, 06:36 PM

I forgot Oliver. Season over Oliver too.

Happy Days
07-07-2022, 07:20 PM
I'm agnostic on the Demons. They beat us fair and square and if they get 2 in a row that's one less team that gets to enjoy premiership success. I know a lot of Demon supporters and they have all been fine and not at all arrogant about their success last year. Sure some of their players are annoying but there are annoying players in every opposition team.

Nah they’re a pack of dickheads and their supporters are capo dog pigshit scum. Also you’re allowed to and probably should hate them because they belted us, leave the sportsmanship to the sportsmen.

(You’re also right about Geelong)

The bulldog tragician
07-07-2022, 07:35 PM

Not at all. I hear you, and I’m totally on board.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 07:42 PM
Nah they’re a pack of dickheads and their supporters are capo dog pigshit scum. Also you’re allowed to and probably should hate them because they belted us, leave the sportsmanship to the sportsmen.

(You’re also right about Geelong)

They only beat us because the AFL made sure we were screwed with travelling.
The Hawks game in Tassie they screwed us too.
Everyone screwed us! The time keeper in Brisbane, The Adelaide premier, we got the shit hotels, the tennis balls stopped coming over the fence, Bevo couldn't play Tennis with Alicia... It... Was..all....rigged!

Boots
07-07-2022, 07:44 PM
The entire team is super arrogant. Fritsch, Lever, Gawn, Oliver, Petracca all such knobheads.

I never felt this way about the Tigers when they were winning everything.

I still have a bit of a soft spot for the Tiges. Don’t really know why. Have never begrudged them their success. I once saw footage of Ivan Soldo picking up garbage in the rooms after the game, and they really walked the talk on multicultural recruitment. Dusty seems like a good bloke most of the time, there’s no arrogance coming off him (even if he can be a bit of a thug).

On the other hand, I read an interview with Petracca from his draft year where he straight up said he would be one of the best of all time. I could endure that until I heard that Goodwin said in January last year they they’d win it.

I like quiet confidence. I detest arrogance. What really bugs me about Melbourne is that they were arrogant before they were successful and I can’t stand that it seems deserved in retrospect. They have zero humility. Some of their fans are ok, definitely. Some are as arrogant as their team.

They definitely beat us fair and square. I just wish it wasn’t us they beat.

GVGjr
07-07-2022, 10:41 PM
Cracking game and tight contest, that injury to Oliver's hand might be telling.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 10:55 PM

Not sure how Dees were in it for so long they've been outplayed.

Sedat
07-07-2022, 10:57 PM
Was a dog act by Oliver, he should be cited for striking Selwood's stray boot despite being the only one going for the ball.

bornadog
07-07-2022, 10:57 PM

Too many early misses.

Dees have now given up

GVGjr
07-07-2022, 10:58 PM

Those 2 quick goals made the scoreboard respectful for them but they've been outclassed.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 10:58 PM
Jezza gone missing again in a big game.

Really like the look of both Close and Holmes for the Cats. They keep finding them.

bornadog
07-07-2022, 11:00 PM
Those 2 quick goals made the scoreboard respectful for them but they've been outclassed.

31 shots to 18

GVGjr
07-07-2022, 11:03 PM

Really like the look of both Close and Holmes for the Cats. They keep finding them.

They've really been sensational at getting talent in with late picks and lets face it they have to be.
That Atkins goes alright.

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 11:08 PM
They've really been sensational at getting talent in with late picks and lets face it they have to be.
That Atkins goes alright.

Yes he's a real hard nut.

Loved their jumper tonight with the collar. Ripper. As opposed to the Demons bad Xmas jumper!

bornadog
07-07-2022, 11:11 PM
Yes he's a real hard nut.

Loved their jumper tonight with the collar. Ripper. As opposed to the Demons bad Xmas jumper!

NAIDOC week - which I thought was a good idea to wear.

BUT -They stole our colours

GVGjr
07-07-2022, 11:14 PM
NAIDOC week - which I thought was a good idea to wear.

BUT -They stole our colours

"Identity theft is not a joke Jim" ( The Office watchers will get it)

Grantysghost
07-07-2022, 11:16 PM
"Identity theft is no joke Jim" ( The Office watchers will get it)

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Gallactica.

merantau
08-07-2022, 07:58 AM
I watched that game and compared the two teams performances with the way we have been playing. We have a big job ahead of us if we are to match them. It was depressing really

However, I cling to hope. We booted 8 on the trot against Melbourne earlier in the year. We still have players to come back. We surely cannot continue to forever shoot ourselves in the head by missing easy goals, easy targets - can we?

azabob
08-07-2022, 08:34 AM

Close had a good year last year also. He is now well ahead of Myers and Dahlhaus.

Happy Days
08-07-2022, 09:59 AM
Close had a good year last year also. He is now well ahead of Myers and Dahlhaus.

Sadly it looks like Lukey D’s days are numbered.

Bulldog4life
08-07-2022, 12:16 PM
I still have a bit of a soft spot for the Tiges. Don’t really know why. Have never begrudged them their success. I once saw footage of Ivan Soldo picking up garbage in the rooms after the game, and they really walked the talk on multicultural recruitment. Dusty seems like a good bloke most of the time, there’s no arrogance coming off him (even if he can be a bit of a thug).

On the other hand, I read an interview with Petracca from his draft year where he straight up said he would be one of the best of all time. I could endure that until I heard that Goodwin said in January last year they they’d win it.

I like quiet confidence. I detest arrogance. What really bugs me about Melbourne is that they were arrogant before they were successful and I can’t stand that it seems deserved in retrospect. They have zero humility. Some of their fans are ok, definitely. Some are as arrogant as their team.

They definitely beat us fair and square. I just wish it wasn’t us they beat.

He's got good friends too like Toby Mitchell.

merantau
08-07-2022, 08:28 PM
He's got good friends too like Toby Mitchell.

I know Jake King is one of Toby's confidantes but didn't know about Martin.

jeemak
08-07-2022, 08:33 PM
I think Toby Mitchell came into the rooms once after Jake King had retired.

Richmond and Dusty have kept his bikie links quiet after the chopsticks issue, outside of actually using his bad boy image to market him across brands such folks really like to wear.

Happy Days
09-07-2022, 03:34 PM
North are having a real crack. Really wish we drafted Paul Curtis.

Grantysghost
09-07-2022, 03:42 PM
I've seen enough of McKay to wanty wanty.

Make it Happen Sam!

bornadog
09-07-2022, 03:58 PM
I've seen enough of McKay to wanty wanty.

Make it Happen Sam!

Signed till end of 2023

Grantysghost
09-07-2022, 04:11 PM
Signed till end of 2023

Does that matter anymore?

angelopetraglia
09-07-2022, 04:14 PM
North lead by 26 points with 18m to play in the third quarter. They can't can they?

bornadog
09-07-2022, 04:17 PM
North lead by 26 points with 18m to play in the third quarter. They can't can they?

It would mean so much to the club and coach

Grantysghost
09-07-2022, 04:23 PM
It’s a great game.

I really like LDU. Kid is talented.

Grantysghost
09-07-2022, 05:09 PM
Pies over running Norf sadly.

G-Mo77
09-07-2022, 05:36 PM
Norf were out on their feet in the 4th. I felt so bad for them, it would have been great to shove a win down the medias throat.

G-Mo77
09-07-2022, 06:27 PM
Richmond putting those last nails in our finals coffin today. 2 games out of the 8 if this continues and I doubt they'll ease up.

GVGjr
09-07-2022, 08:13 PM
Great result by the Suns, shades of Steve Bradbury

G-Mo77
09-07-2022, 08:17 PM
Gosh I missed that, walked in and saw them celebrating. Wow!

merantau
09-07-2022, 08:29 PM
Suns never gave up. Outstanding victory and great to see. Now we need Freo to step up.

Happy Days
09-07-2022, 09:59 PM
Would suggest any Lobb agnostics get this Freo Saints game on.

azabob
09-07-2022, 10:10 PM
Would suggest any Lobb agnostics get this Freo Saints game on.

Seriously where was the warning Dangerfield is on special comments? Luke Darcy also.

Cmon, do better

jeemak
09-07-2022, 10:43 PM
Seriously where was the warning Dangerfield is on special comments? Luke Darcy also.

Cmon, do better

They interviewed him after the Friday night game and it was mentioned it was happening.

bornadog
09-07-2022, 10:50 PM
Saints getting done by 34 with 7 minutes left

Bulldog4life
10-07-2022, 03:58 PM
Late in 3rd quarter The Bummers 17 points up.

bornadog
10-07-2022, 04:03 PM
Late in 3rd quarter The Bummers 17 points up.

Brisbane with 9 changes - injuries and Covid including coach

Bulldog4life
10-07-2022, 04:07 PM

Would have been handy last week.

DOG GOD
10-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Would have been handy last week.

Thinking the same thing. It’s not the amount they have out, it’s who they have out.

bornadog
10-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Thinking the same thing. It’s not the amount they have out, it’s who they have out.

Just shows you need your best players on the park.

azabob
10-07-2022, 04:23 PM

Fagan is coaching

GVGjr
10-07-2022, 04:30 PM
Essendon sent Caldwell to Neale with great effect so far. Tagging can work

bornadog
10-07-2022, 04:31 PM
Fagan is coaching

Sorry mate said including coach, but must have been an assistant.

bornadog
10-07-2022, 04:31 PM
Peter Wright showing Tall means something against short defenders -

Grantysghost
10-07-2022, 04:45 PM
Just shows you need your best players on the park.

And how these Covid seasons have an *

Grantysghost
10-07-2022, 04:57 PM
Essendon sent Caldwell to Neale with great effect so far. Tagging can work

He was off the chain last week. Guess we back our system but there's a time to pull the trigger.

DOG GOD
10-07-2022, 05:07 PM
Paine has been mentioned on here. No thanks, not on todays effort. Killed by Wright.

DOG GOD
10-07-2022, 05:08 PM
He was off the chain last week. Guess we back our system but there's a time to pull the trigger.

A lot of good mids have been tagged out of it this year. Just not by us ;)

Grantysghost
10-07-2022, 05:10 PM
A lot of good mids have been tagged out of it this year. Just not by us ;)

I wonder if McLean will be someone we can use for that role?
If memory serves he did it before he was injured.

bornadog
10-07-2022, 05:26 PM
Will Hayes Medical sub.

DOG GOD
10-07-2022, 05:45 PM
I wonder if McLean will be someone we can use for that role?
If memory serves he did it before he was injured.

We need someone. The fact we don’t reeks of arrogance on the MC.