PDA

View Full Version : Three things you've learnt. Round twelve v Geelong Marvel stadium 2022

Twodogs
02-06-2022, 11:03 AM
Go on, tell us then.

whythelongface
03-06-2022, 11:29 PM
1. Our midfield sucks at times and we constantly rely on Libba to get us going.

2. Gardner is not a one on one defender. He can be effective in a contest and spoil the ball. Don’t want to write the lad off but this was a lesson for him

3. Our silky skills fall apart when the pressure is on. We can match the top teams but too often Ho missing for periods and make stupid errors.

jeemak
03-06-2022, 11:30 PM
I didn't learn a thing.

1. Our leadership can't be trusted to get the team up for the start of big games.

2. Lapses in concentration cost us goals. Whether it be by foot, not being alert as to what's happening in a zone (i.e. how did Cameron have fifteen metres of open space to run into after the Guthrie miss kick?), or any way you can think of.

3. Libba has plenty left in the tank.

EasternWest
03-06-2022, 11:33 PM
3. I've just learnt Bailey Smith did a buddy buddy tik tok with Frydenberg and so I think we keep Dunkley and trade Smith.

2. I didn't learn it, but we lack intestinal fortitude.

1. I didn't learn it, but we have no actual real avenue to goal except chaos. It's exhausting.

GVGjr
03-06-2022, 11:33 PM
I didn't learn a thing.

You can always go with the confirmed not learned option.

jeemak
03-06-2022, 11:35 PM
You can always go with the confirmed not learned option.

I did mate.

Grantysghost
03-06-2022, 11:42 PM
1. Have to go back to the rocket days for us to be a top 4 side home and away, that is not changing any time soon.

2. Bailey Smith is easily sucked in.

3. The lights are pretty.

Happy Days
03-06-2022, 11:44 PM
I hate this team so much man. How hard is it just win the *!*!*!*!ing game.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-06-2022, 11:49 PM
1. Tactically we continually get rolled by the better sides. Open defensive lanes for Cameron, our second ruck situation, O'Brien spending time on Cameron while Gardner was on Hawkins......

2. Libba is still out engine.

3. We couldn't beat Geelong without Dangerfield and Stewart for most of the game.

The bulldog tragician
03-06-2022, 11:54 PM
I hate this team so much man. How hard is it just win the *!*!*!*!ing game.

That was it, exactly. Cats were there for the taking. We looked better when we were four, five goals down, and could just go berserk. But as it got close, dumb footy ruled.

I did not learn, but confirmed again that the limitations of those Bevos battlers players will always rear its ugly head.
I learnt again that everything about Geeeeeeling is loathsome.
I learnt that I don’t understand umpiring. The Ed Richards “free” that disadvantaged, badly, the team whose player suffered a crude late kick. If this is the “correct” decision, it shouldn’t be.

Mutz
03-06-2022, 11:55 PM
1. They lost two key defenders (covid and injury) and our forwards still couldn't capitalise. The forward structure needs to be closely looked at - we don’t spread which makes us easy to defend.

2. We easily lost the one on ones tonight – not enough effort to help out.

3. The downfield rule needs to be fixed. A shocker call against Ed and then it got called for DeKoning later on. It makes such a difference; it slows down the game and the team going forward lose advantage. If it got paid properly then it would also stop those late tackles that can hurt players.

Bonus. I get so excited when Libba fires up and turns a game – my HR goes into red zone.

Extra. I always forget how much I hate losing to the kitty litterers.

Happy Days
04-06-2022, 12:00 AM
So I didn’t watch the game live. I’m in Sydney because me and my girl flew up to see a band play the Opera House. Before the game we went to a brewery in the suburbs, and went to an awesome dinner at Beppi’s. The band was actually so much fun and as we were leaving I, like a complete idiot, checked the score. We were losing, but it was close, so we found a pub to watch it.

As we were watching it, and we slowly slipped into the loss, my girlfriend asked me why I would ruin such a perfect day. And she’s RIGHT. *!*!*!*! these guys man they wrecked my whole shit just by being worse than some guys they’re better than. I need the damn week off.

westbulldog
04-06-2022, 12:03 AM
1. That was the worst umpiring display (Donlon, Stephens, Williamson) seen in any game this year.
2. Tuohey's head/face hit Smith's head/face first.
3. Our pre-game rev up was conducted by either Kermit the frog or Homer Simpson.

Grantysghost
04-06-2022, 12:04 AM
So I didn’t watch the game live. I’m in Sydney because me and my girl flew up to see a band play the Opera House. Before the game we went to a brewery in the suburbs, and went to an awesome dinner at Beppi’s. The band was actually so much fun and as we were leaving I, like a complete idiot, checked the score. We were losing, but it was close, so we found a pub to watch it.

As we were watching it, and we slowly slipped into the loss, my girlfriend asked me why I would ruin such a perfect day. And she’s RIGHT. *!*!*!*! these guys man they wrecked my whole shit just by being worse than some guys they’re better than. I need the damn week off.

I'm with her. She's a wise woman.

bornadog
04-06-2022, 12:25 AM
1. We needed another big tall body in the forward line, Naughton double, triple tagged all night. Can't wait for Bruce to be back.

2. I have had a gut full of the way the game is now umpired, they have changed the way the game is actually played. Hocking rules all need to be reversed, and stop being technical when a pack forms and there is an aeriel contest. The players are not robots.

3. Geelong really is our nemesis. 2 wins in 17 games.

Dry Rot
04-06-2022, 12:34 AM
1. I had forgotten how good a serious head butt is.

2. Everything about our forward line is rubbish: structure, leading patterns and delivery into it.

3. West stood up when many didn't and should keep his place. He is easily the pick out of himself, Scott, McNeil and McComb.

SonofScray
04-06-2022, 12:56 AM
1. Ed Richards got stiffed twice by the umpires. The decision not to pay the free downfield was just ludicrous, and the killer blow from a HTB decision against where he was slung to the ground unnecessarily irked me a great deal. What did I learn from this? Umpires hate rangas.

2. This particular iteration of the Dogs 2019-current aren’t easy to love because they don’t play like the Bulldog teams I have come to love and respect. They are more talented. But not as ferocious. More athletic. But not as daring. Not learned, but confirmed, they are soft.

3. Libba is the only exception to 2. Treloar is whatever the opposite to Libba is. He should be disgusted with his effort tonight. Piss weak.

AshMac
04-06-2022, 07:39 AM
1. We’re a soft team that’s highly skilled. Soft teams don’t win flags

2. It wasnt our night - every bounce of the ball, umpiring decisions that impacted the score line and blind kick went their way. You make your own luck

3. If we ever had a chance to beat them it’s with the best intercept defender blowing up their defensive structure in the first quarter. Such a painfully missed opportunity

comrade
04-06-2022, 07:43 AM

GF: Why would you ruin such a perfect day?

Lifelong Bulldogs fan:

https://i.ibb.co/QcHWqzJ/1-BDC3-E1-B-F6-FE-45-C2-AC7-B-6-BDA7-CE28301.jpg (https://ibb.co/H2PcM1K)

MrMahatma
04-06-2022, 08:44 AM
1. We needed another big tall body in the forward line, Naughton double, triple tagged all night. Can't wait for Bruce to be back.

2. I have had a gut full of the way the game is now umpired, they have changed the way the game is actually played. Hocking rules all need to be reversed, and stop being technical when a pack forms and there is an aeriel contest. The players are not robots.

3. Geelong really is our nemesis. 2 wins in 17 games.

I hadn’t heard that but it feels real - 2 from 17. Hate those pricks.

We sucked for a qtr and lost the match. We do that every now and then.