PDA

View Full Version : Bankers & Anchors: Rnd 17, 2022 vs Sydney

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-07-2022, 06:53 PM
This is the Round 17, 2022 edition of the weekly Bankers and Anchors thread. Once the game against Sydney is concluded post your nominations for:

The Bankers = 3 guys/aspects of the game that we banked on to do the right thing during the game
The Anchors = 3 guys/aspects of the game that weighed us down by their errors or poor play

Please limit it to no more than three of each player or aspect of the game, but feel free to make honourable/dishonourable mentions. As usual try to make it constructive criticism.

Try and restrict it to individual players rather than aspects of the overall match - I will allow more freedom now as the thread seems to be going down more of the aspects of the game path so you can have 3 for each made up of aspects of the game and individual players.

The thread is named in honour of a popular WOOF Contributor, The Banker, who passed away on 22/04/2012 after a six month battle with cancer.

westbulldog
09-07-2022, 09:53 AM
Bankers
Rhylee West - his repeat efforts showed others up.
Aaron Naughton - gave 100% at every contest.
Everyone got their frequent flyer points.

Anchors
I suggest coaching is a problem, there is NO system in our game, it resembles a rabble, hard to watch and embarrassing.
Hannan and Treloar playing in defence in a season defining game.
Swans kick 7.8 in the first 1/4, wtf is going on in the change room pre-game ?

whythelongface
09-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Bankers
Rhylee West - his repeat efforts showed others up.
Aaron Naughton - gave 100% at every contest.
Everyone got their frequent flyer points.

Anchors
I suggest coaching is a problem, there is NO system in our game, it resembles a rabble, hard to watch and embarrassing.
Hannan and Treloar playing in defence in a season defining game.
Swans kick 7.8 in the first 1/4, wtf is going on in the change room pre-game ?

This is the bit I don’t get. What happens pre game - what is said in the pre game huddle ‘hey boys let’s take it a bit easy for the first quarter, give them a false sense of security and then come home with a wet sail’. I mean really whatever the message is, it ain’t working.

merantau
09-07-2022, 11:09 AM
That first quarter was shameful. They could've kicked 10 or 11. Diabolical lacks the depth to describe the awfulness of our effort.

Playing Hannan was a mistake. JJ should have played back.

English being pantsed by Reid was more a millstone plus anchor.

bornadog
09-07-2022, 04:16 PM
Bankers

1. Naughton, gave 100% even with a bung knee
2. Bont's soccer goal
3. Weightman's goals

Anchors

1. Naughton deciding to play on when it was a free down field, only to turn it over for a Swans goal
2. The hit on Scott after he kicked it - dirty act
3. Gardner not stepping over the line

jeemak
10-07-2022, 03:13 AM
I'm really glad we've persisted with Cody over the past few weeks.

He had plenty of chances to impact the game (and did on occasion) and is coming to learn to play with his injury/ pain which is a massive step for his career.

Danjul
10-07-2022, 12:19 PM
Bankers

1. Naughton, gave 100% even with a bung knee
2. Bont's soccer goal
3. Weightman's goals

Anchors

1. Naughton deciding to play on when it was a free down field, only to turn it over for a Swans goal
2. The hit on Scott after he kicked it - dirty act
3. Gardner not stepping over the line
I must say that I like this comment. It really stands out as a statement about the game we watched as opposed to searching for confirmation of a prejudice.