PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 17, 2022 vs Sydney

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-07-2022, 06:53 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 17 match against Sydney. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

angelopetraglia
08-07-2022, 11:59 PM
When the ball was bounced. That was the moment. We didn't turn up mentally or physically.

Vred
09-07-2022, 12:00 AM
When Hannan and Treloar were lining up down back

whythelongface
09-07-2022, 12:05 AM
When the ball was bounced. That was the moment. We didn't turn up mentally or physically.

It happens too often. We did the same against Geelong. We end up playing catch up and it kills us. It sucks as a supporter cause all you do is think ‘if we can get two more goals we are only 18 behind and still in it’. This sucks as it is trying to be an eternal optimist when in reality you know deep down the game is lost.

bornadog
09-07-2022, 12:18 AM
When Hannan and Treloar were lining up down back

I thought Treloar played his role well trying to create from the backline. But Hannan, I would seriously delist him.

jeemak
09-07-2022, 12:33 AM
Schache's miss.

Happy Days
09-07-2022, 12:43 AM
The moment was we suck.

westbulldog
09-07-2022, 12:48 AM
When the team boarded the plane for Sydney.

The Bulldogs Bite
09-07-2022, 12:49 AM
The offseason when we again neglected our growing weaknesses.

Grantysghost
09-07-2022, 12:52 AM
All the moments.

FrediKanoute
09-07-2022, 01:07 AM

Bang on! Everyting after that was a shit show

MrMahatma
09-07-2022, 01:45 AM
Worst performance in years. No moment. Literally the bounce cause after that we were horrific.

This was a full club loss. Every player, every coach, needs to suck this up. You ALL let us down. That was horrible.

jeemak
09-07-2022, 05:49 AM
Worst performance in years. No moment. Literally the bounce cause after that we were horrific.

This was a full club loss. Every player, every coach, needs to suck this up. You ALL let us down. That was horrible.

It really is a full club disappointment. With so much on the line the feeble approach was really telling of where we are at across the board. So uninspiring.

merantau
09-07-2022, 09:56 AM
Straight to the point. Nailed.

merantau
09-07-2022, 10:15 AM
It really is a full club disappointment. With so much on the line the feeble approach was really telling of where we are at across the board. So uninspiring.

Yep. Just an appalling surrender. I have hit rock bottom emotionally and dread what the next few weeks have in store.

DOG GOD
09-07-2022, 10:22 AM
Schache's miss.
Agree

whythelongface
09-07-2022, 10:42 AM

Absolutely. Whilst the loss sucks and we were totally inept the club can turn this into a positive to galvanise the group. This is pretty much rock bottom for us (not captain walking out rock bottom) but, as you say, the whole club needs to own it. TBH it is not difficult yo turn around in the next 12 months but what we, as supporters, need is a clear message from the leadership group (president, CEO, Head Coach) as to what our plans are to address our current predicament. The rumblings from the supporter base are growing and this needs serious addressing - simple and positive messaging as to why we are in our current slump and how we,as a club, plan to address it.

Bulldog4life
09-07-2022, 11:25 AM
First quarter especially reminded me of the bad old days under Royce.

merantau
09-07-2022, 12:07 PM

Sane here. Where was the body on body work at the centre bounce and stoppages? Tackling? Getting players ro the contest? Running in numbers? We were flat footed and reactionary from the outset. Totally unprepared mentally for a big game.

Mofra
09-07-2022, 12:09 PM
The moment: Our first kick out after Syndey kicked their first behind.

Behind the goals vision showed that we were statues, nobody running to help Dale kick-out. You just knew in that moment we weren't "on" for the night.

SquirrelGrip
09-07-2022, 12:38 PM
The moment: when we lost to the Crows by a point in Ballarat.

It just added extra pressure to games like last weekend and tonight, which we clearly can’t deal with.

Jeanette54
09-07-2022, 05:56 PM

Those days certainly tested the loyalty (and the mental health) of our supporters. But you are right. The lack of player commitment to any sort of sustained effort was eerily similar.

Ps Has anyone ever heard from our President; I mean ever. Past President's may well have had something to say about such an abysmal performance.

Bulldog4life
10-07-2022, 12:53 PM
Sane here. Where was the body on body work at the centre bounce and stoppages? Tackling? Getting players ro the contest? Running in numbers? We were flat footed and reactionary from the outset. Totally unprepared mentally for a big game.

Totally sums it up.

azabob
10-07-2022, 12:55 PM

Unfortunately it’s happened a lot this season and likely to happen again before the year is out.

chef
10-07-2022, 01:00 PM
First bounce was the moment for me, you could just tell it was all too hard for us and we couldn't be arsed. This group just cant be trusted anymore to care.

GVGjr
10-07-2022, 02:58 PM
First bounce was the moment for me, you could just tell it was all too hard for us and we couldn't be arsed. This group just cant be trusted anymore to care.

I'm constantly at a loss to explain or pin point why we can get off to so many slow starts but I can't bring myself to accept it's around 'care'.
It's a perplexing challenge for us but we don't just seem to handle a better prepared midfield who's switched on and too many look for someone else to lead us out of a bad situation.

Bulldog4life
10-07-2022, 03:11 PM
I'm constantly at a loss to explain or pin point why we can get off to so many slow starts but I can't bring myself to accept it's around 'care'.
It's a perplexing challenge for us but we don't just seem to handle a better prepared midfield who's switched on and too many look for someone else to lead us out of a bad situation.

Heard Goddard say that Grant Thomas as Saints coach said it is all to do with concentration.