PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 18, 2022 vs St Kilda

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
11-07-2022, 01:45 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 18 match against St Kilda. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 10:48 PM
Bump

GVGjr
15-07-2022, 11:38 PM
Really early in the game went Bont was pushing back to help out the defenders gave me a lot of confidence that we were switched on and going to do the team things

Of course Bonts mark and goal in the last quarter snuffed out the Saints

Happy Days
16-07-2022, 12:33 AM
Bont’s play in the second quarter on the half back flank to strip a St Kilda player and clear the ball out of traffic. Not even a completely horrible kick from Hannan could ruin that magic.

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 12:52 AM
Hannan's goal.

Was a belter and a real team lifter.

He seems like a popular player.

Boots
16-07-2022, 01:06 AM
There was a moment where Garcia and someone else both reached for the ball, right in front of goal - it was perfectly equidistant between them - and they were so in sync that the other guy just let it go and Garcia scored. That is the sort of in-sync play I haven't seen from us all year.

That or the bit where a Keath tackle knocked the ball out of Max (or Ben, can't remember which) King's hands straight into another Bulldog's and suddenly we were safe on the wing.

Just so many little things we got right tonight.

hujsh
16-07-2022, 02:19 AM
I don't know if it was THE moment but one that was amazing to see was Bont realising he couldn't mark the ball running back with the flight, tapping it forward past the contest, running onto it, arching the back and running into the middle before sending it perfectly to hit JJ on the chest running towards goal just far enough that the Saints player couldn't touch it. The kind of thing only he can do in the kind of game we haven't seen much of from him this year.

SlimPickens
16-07-2022, 08:43 AM
For me the moment was Westys tackle on Jones. It was ferocious and was indicative of the attitude the team brought into the game.

SonofScray
16-07-2022, 09:09 AM
Jamarra kicking the first goal of the first, second, and third quarter.

merantau
16-07-2022, 09:17 AM
Hannan's goal was a ripper.

Grantysghost
16-07-2022, 04:46 PM
I don't know if it was THE moment but one that was amazing to see was Bont realising he couldn't mark the ball running back with the flight, tapping it forward past the contest, running onto it, arching the back and running into the middle before sending it perfectly to hit JJ on the chest running towards goal just far enough that the Saints player couldn't touch it. The kind of thing only he can do in the kind of game we haven't seen much of from him this year.

That was awesome that play. There were two 50/50s made wins: Dale taking the handball that went behind him, and Marcus' tap running with the flight.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgDyCIcIfwE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

bornadog
16-07-2022, 05:24 PM
For me the moment was Westys tackle on Jones. It was ferocious and was indicative of the attitude the team brought into the game.

Where have you been Slim? Good to see you post

jeemak
17-07-2022, 01:13 AM
After yet another poor miss, I reckon Bont's goal in the first got me thinking it's on.