PDA

View Full Version : I love it when…

comrade
18-07-2022, 11:11 AM
I’ve been a bit of a doomer this year and the general vibe around the side has been pretty negative (though justified given expectations). That being said, there are moments each week which regularly bring joy and excitement and this is the thread to highlight your favourite things.

So to kick it off…

I love it when…

- Bailey Dale is running inside 50 with ball in hand. Put it in the book, he’s kicking a goal. Absolute maestro on the run, probably the best I’ve seen in Dogs colours (better than Gilbs?).

- Caleb seemingly runs out of options yet finds a target no one else would ever see with an unbalanced kick off the outside of his boot. Pound for pound one of the most talented Bulldogs ever.

- Toby McLean sucks in another clumsy opponent to rip a high tackle and the subsequent outrage from said opponent. Haven’t seen it this year but hopefully Tobes is clowning the opposition again before long.

I have more but I’ll let others join the fray. The more obscure the better!

Happy Days
18-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Great thread!

When a high ball is coming inside 50 and Naughts is 5m behind a pack. He never doesn’t catch those and it’s always awesome.

Cody Weightman getting a ridiculous free kick from a Dolph Ziggler sell job inside 50, because it’s objectively hilarious and he very rarely misses. Also I’m not really sure how it’s happened but Ginnivan getting all the heat for diving while Cody is out here actually telling the media in prime time interviews exactly what he’s doing and still drawing multiple frees a week might be the first benefit we’ve ever gotten out of being a “small” club.

Josh Bruce. Can’t explain it but he has that charisma about him where you just want the best for him. Also Josh Bruce getting very online to defend Cody after the Dons game last year was as valuable as any on field protection he gave Naughty last year. If only his goals counted.

The media not having any idea what to do with genuine weirdsman Tom Liberatore in interviews. He doesn’t ever make it easy for them and it’s always funny.

Dunks has nailed this goal celebration where he does a high five straight into a point at whoever kicked him the ball. It’s straight out of Top Gun and it rules and I absolutely cannot do it no matter how much I practice.

I reckon I’ve got something for everyone. Who said this team was unlikeable?

The Bulldogs Bite
18-07-2022, 11:34 AM
I love it when....

- Naughton marks from about 10 deep when he has absolutely no right to. Never seen anyone else do it like he does.

- Libba is hunting around the packs. He's an animal.

- JJ gets the ball and there's space in front of him. You know he'll take it. Fun to watch.

- Cordy plays 2's. Too far? ;)

comrade
18-07-2022, 11:44 AM
Great thread!

When a high ball is coming inside 50 and Naughts is 5m behind a pack. He never doesn’t catch those and it’s always awesome.

Cody Weightman getting a ridiculous free kick from a Dolph Ziggler sell job inside 50, because it’s objectively hilarious and he very rarely misses. Also I’m not really sure how it’s happened but Ginnivan getting all the heat for diving while Cody is out here actually telling the media in prime time interviews exactly what he’s doing and still drawing multiple frees a week might be the first benefit we’ve ever gotten out of being a “small” club.

Josh Bruce. Can’t explain it but he has that charisma about him where you just want the best for him. Also Josh Bruce getting very online to defend Cody after the Dons game last year was as valuable as any on field protection he gave Naughty last year. If only his goals counted.

The media not having any idea what to do with genuine weirdsman Tom Liberatore in interviews. He doesn’t ever make it easy for them and it’s always funny.

Dunks has nailed this goal celebration where he does a high five straight into a point at whoever kicked him the ball. It’s straight out of Top Gun and it rules and I absolutely cannot do it no matter how much I practice.

I reckon I’ve got something for everyone. Who said this team was unlikeable?

You are made for this thread!

comrade
18-07-2022, 11:46 AM
When Timmy English kicks an important goal and looks like he is trying really hard to fire up and show some exuberance when it’s really not in his nature.

soupman
18-07-2022, 11:54 AM
I'll contribute a few.

Stefan Martin at every centre bounce. He does this weird thing where he just folds at the waist and his torso is virtually horizontal and his arms hang almost limp. He looks like when someone is learning to animate bodies and they can't keep the appearance of tension when the body is resting.

Tom Liberatore at any point he doesn't have the ball. I just love how in a game of ridiculous athletes he just shuffle runs everywhere.

That thing Caleb Daniel does where he is running backwards with the ball in one hand and will look for options to one side then do this cool direction change that the defender never anticipates.

GVGjr
18-07-2022, 12:27 PM
I love it when...

- Liberatore does one of those no look handballs over his head straight to a team mate.
- Treloar or Smith put on the jets and run away from their opponents

Scorlibo
18-07-2022, 12:29 PM
Great tread!

I love it when...

Naughty shows just as much exuberance in celebration for a teammate's goal as his own

Rhylee rips the ball away from an opponent we all thought he was tackling

Jacko kicks at right angles from the forward pocket

Chief Keaf gets grumpy

Libba uses the eyes in the back of his head

Baz refuses to go to ground

Bailey Williams is selling candy

hujsh
18-07-2022, 12:32 PM
I love seeing Edd float in front of a pack and leap up to take a chest mark, blocking the forwards from getting access to it

Westy RIP the ball out of someone's hands when they've been tackled because you can actually do that and try to create an opportunity rather than wait for a stoppage.

hujsh
18-07-2022, 12:33 PM
Great tread!

I love it when...

Naughty shows just as much exuberance in celebration for a teammate's goal as his own

Rhylee rips the ball away from an opponent we all thought he was tackling

Jacko kicks at right angles from the forward pocket

Chief Keaf gets grumpy

Libba uses the eyes in the back of his head

Baz refuses to go to ground

Bailey Williams is selling candy

Beat me to it

Grantysghost
18-07-2022, 12:46 PM
I love it when I'm walking to the ground, excited for what the game may bring. I've done it probably 500 times or more but it never gets old.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 01:09 PM
I love it when I'm walking to the ground, excited for what the game may bring. I've done it probably 500 times or more but it never gets old.

I used to do this hundreds of times too walking up Willy road from Francis street and of course back again after the match. Great memories.

Grantysghost
18-07-2022, 01:34 PM
I used to do this hundreds of times too Gg up Willy road from Francis street and of course back again after the match. Great memories.

Ah lovely. I loved the smells back at the WO.

The Pies, the liniment.

Those old temporary merch stalls out the front with all the badges and scarves.

Getting your ticket clicked.

Watching the reserves.

Ah great days.

Bulldog4life
18-07-2022, 01:38 PM
Ah lovely. I loved the smells back at the WO.

The Pies, the liniment.

Those old temporary merch stalls out the front with all the badges and scarves.

Getting your ticket clicked.

Watching the reserves.

Ah great days.

Now that would solve all today's ticket problems.

bornadog
18-07-2022, 05:03 PM
Besides all the ones above, which are excellent,

I love it when The Bont is 60m out and uses that left leg cannon to kick a 70m drop punt through the middle

Raels_d
18-07-2022, 10:04 PM
I love it when ….
Bont takes the ball from the centre and runs straight to 50 - kicks a goal or puts the footy straight into the arms of a forward
Libba gives constructive feedback to any opposition player he wants to rile up
We get to sing our club song at the end of a game

1eyedog
18-07-2022, 10:23 PM
When someone does something amazing and Flea jumps up and down like a 10 year old fan.

The Libba shuffle

The Rick Flair woooo in the club song.

hujsh
19-07-2022, 12:21 AM
When someone does something amazing and Flea jumps up and down like a 10 year old fan.

The Libba shuffle

The Rick Flair woooo in the club song.

Last one is a goody

jeemak
19-07-2022, 02:19 AM
I love it when someone like Gardner/ Keath gets that extra hand in when he looks like he can't to impact a spoil, to get the ball to ground and give Daniel or Dale an opportunity to mop up and get us going on a forward thrust. It's a sign we're all working back together, not leaving him up and against a no win situation even though he did his best to stop it.

I love seeing the opposition racking up multiple defensive switches because they can't get the ball forward in a meaningful way.

I love when we get the ball and start a multiple handball chain playing on edge between the arcs. It almost doesn't quite look perfect but it actually is because it's balls to the wall and daring as *!*!*!*!. And it then breaks open to allow a Naughton or anyone else who has been running forward of the ball in good faith an opportunity to dupe their opponents and come to the carrier or fly over the top of them to take a mark or create havoc by bringing it to ground.

When we play our best we are amazing to watch, there's nothing like it. I love it when we play like that.

MrMahatma
19-07-2022, 10:04 AM
Bevo rubs his pectoral muscle in an interview just to remind us all he still lifts.

boydogs
19-07-2022, 07:01 PM
I love it when Bont breaks a tackle and snaps a goal from 40m out like he’s saying Stringer who?

SonofScray
19-07-2022, 09:08 PM
I love yahooing as we walk down the ramp after a win singing our favourite Tartan Army-cum-Peter Street Pocket tune “We’ll be coming”

We’ll be coming.
We’ll be coming.
We’ll be coming down the ramp.
When you hear the noise of the Footscray girls and boys,
We’ll be coming down the ramp.