PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 19, 2022 vs Melbourne

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 02:19 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 19 match against Melbourne. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 11:11 PM
Bailey Dale's spoil... he doesn't get a hand on that it's game over. What a player he has become.

Topdog
23-07-2022, 11:16 PM
Bailey Dale's spoil... he doesn't get a hand on that it's game over. What a player he has become.

Agree about that being the real moment but I'm going for Marras last goal just for the pure drama and coming of age

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 11:20 PM
Marras whole last quarter

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 11:23 PM

What a time for Jamarra to step up onto centre stage. Good signs. That was big time football from Jamarra in the last quarter.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-07-2022, 11:25 PM
What a time for Jamarra to step up onto centre stage. Good signs. That was big time football from Jamarra in the last quarter.

That's honestly as good as I've seen from any young KPP ever. Enormous.

EasternWest
23-07-2022, 11:28 PM

I agree with this. He'd shanked a few kicks and could have been down on himself but he was desperate and committed and stayed in the play.

BornInDroopSt'54
Garcias goal made me feel we would win.

EasternWest

That was an arrival. He's got all the tricks.

Happy Days
23-07-2022, 11:30 PM
Are you guys kidding it’s Jamarras goal. I saw 90 seconds of the whole game live and I know that was it.

hujsh
23-07-2022, 11:39 PM
We all know it was when Macrae goals. We win when he goals just like we win when Sweet plays. My new game plan is to manufacture a way for Macrae to goal every match and leave the rest to fate

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
23-07-2022, 11:47 PM
I agree with this. He'd shanked a few kicks and could have been down on himself but he was desperate and committed and stayed in the play.

For all this groups' sins, the one thing you can't accuse them of is not being willing to keep backing themselves in even when they've made some costly mistakes right? . They have a strong constitution and self-belief. Hopefully tonight just released a few bad vibes from their heads. With these guys, they could just as likely get on a jag from here.

GVGjr
24-07-2022, 12:01 AM
Did we do the Cape Buffalo horn signals again or have we moved on?

Mantis
24-07-2022, 12:05 AM
Garcias goal made me feel we would win.

Good call… thought his hit up to Marra was important too. He fluffed a golden opportunity earlier when we were out, but had some good moments in the last qtr.

Bulldog4life
24-07-2022, 12:06 AM
Good call… thought his hit up to Marra was important too. He fluffed a golden opportunity earlier when we were out, but had some good moments in the last qtr.

Yes and he is a terrier too like Westy.

hujsh
24-07-2022, 12:14 AM
Yes and he is a terrier too like Westy.

Both are good ins. Laith might need a new role because these two are playing the role smarter

Boots
24-07-2022, 12:27 AM
For me it was a magical, ephemeral thing that happened in the fourth quarter where the whole team seemed to really want the win. Suddenly they were tackling, spoiling, Tim English and Marra were everywhere. It was the conenction and synergy we've been sorely lacking all year.

Honestly I think it's Josh Bruce! I think he brings something to the team that we can't see and that isn't stats. He seems to genuinely like playing for us in a way he didn't at St Kilda and when he's on the field we just do better, full stop.

That's my story (based on nothing) and I'm sticking to it.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 12:56 AM
When Khamis made a risky 50/50 kick from Dale a win with a tap to McNeil who nailed Garcia onto Marra for his third at the start of the last.

Brilliant, something from nothing.

SonofScray
24-07-2022, 01:01 AM
Dale’s disciplined spoil running with the flight saved the game.

The 2 mins leading up to and including the go ahead goal from Garcia was it though.

hujsh
24-07-2022, 01:03 AM
When Khamis made a risky 50/50 kick from Dale a win with a tap to McNeil who nailed Garcia onto Marra for his third at the start of the last.

Brilliant, something from nothing.

And you know what's great about that passage? 4 of the 5 players mentioned are no lock for best 22. Maybe that changes with Marra over the next few weeks but as of the beginning of the game that is pretty much fact

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 01:24 AM
100%. The skill to spoil cleanly and not give away a free kick was off the charts. He is an elite player.

jazzadogs
24-07-2022, 01:45 AM

Bont was right there with him as well. 10 touches, a handful of clearances - he willed us forward and Marra was the polish.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 01:47 AM
Dale’s disciplined spoil running with the flight saved the game.

The 2 mins leading up to and including the go ahead goal from Garcia was it though.

That was amazing. His kicking was off at times tonight but if he applies himself like that in other defensive areas he is worth his weight in gold.

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 01:50 AM
Bont was right there with him as well. 10 touches, a handful of clearances - he willed us forward and Marra was the polish.
Smith had a good last quarter too, he just keeps on running.

AshMac
24-07-2022, 08:50 AM

Came here to say this, glad it’s the first comment

Honourable mention to English’s goal on the run and Marras last goal

azabob
24-07-2022, 09:23 AM
It has to be half time.

No idea what was said…

The players as a whole came out with an entirely different attitude.

They kept the attacking part of the game but clearly the entire group had a defensive grind and grit to it which was missing in the first half.

boydogs
24-07-2022, 02:08 PM
When Keath gave away the 50 I thought that was it. What an effort to keep coming. He looked like Stefan Martin at that point but I thought he finished the game well. It must have been demoralising for the group to keep getting within a kick then Melbourne would get 3 quick ones out of the middle and it felt impossible to head them

I’m going to say Tim English’s goal, he would be as scarred from the GF as anyone giving away the clearances against Jackson, he seemed determined to make amends. Not a perfect performance and didn’t necessarily beat Gawn but a massive effort without Sweet for support

Bulldog4life
24-07-2022, 02:15 PM
When Keath gave away the 50 I thought that was it. What an effort to keep coming. He looked like Stefan Martin at that point but I thought he finished the game well. It must have been demoralising for the group to keep getting within a kick then Melbourne would get 3 quick ones out of the middle and it felt impossible to head them

I’m going to say Tim English’s goal, he would be as scarred from the GF as anyone giving away the clearances against Jackson, he seemed determined to make amends. Not a perfect performance and didn’t necessarily beat Gawn but a massive effort without Sweet for support

As he stood over Melksham, who possibly was milking it on the ground, Keathy was standing over him beckoning him to get up. Funny when I saw it on the replay.

Happy Days
24-07-2022, 02:24 PM
That 50 was a joke and Melksham is a fake tough guy dickhead.

jazzadogs
24-07-2022, 02:26 PM

It was also very dumb and classic 'old defender who has lost a touch of pace' from Keath. Could see he was going to hit him late when he was still 10 metres away.

He stood up in the last quarter though, fair play to him.

azabob
24-07-2022, 02:28 PM
Yet JJ coped a hit very similar and no 50m penalty

G-Mo77
24-07-2022, 02:51 PM

Exactly the same kind of incident and the same umpire I believe. I looked at the stats and saw we won frees 22 - 13. Certainly didn't feel like it. Arm chopping, non holding the ball decisions, high Tackles did not feel like they went our way.

Scorlibo
24-07-2022, 03:32 PM
Exactly the same kind of incident and the same umpire I believe. I looked at the stats and saw we won frees 22 - 13. Certainly didn't feel like it. Arm chopping, non holding the ball decisions, high Tackles did not feel like they went our way.

Some of the calls in the last quarter were diabolical. Couldn't believe the one against Gardner on May, looked like the perfect spoil to me. We had one or two go our way in fairness (Bont holding the ball after the dropped mark).

The holding the ball decisions throughout the game were all over the place.

EasternWest
24-07-2022, 03:39 PM

But he can hold them up, haven't you heard?

ReLoad
24-07-2022, 03:43 PM

this times 5000

SonofScray
24-07-2022, 04:15 PM
The holding the ball decisions throughout the game were all over the place.

We got pinged 3 times when there was absolutely no prior opportunity, think it was Jamarra, Dale and maybe West. Was bewildering.

Happy Days
24-07-2022, 04:17 PM
But he can hold them up, haven't you heard?

Word on the street is he’s too scared to come down to the Yarraville nets

Testekill
24-07-2022, 06:28 PM
It has to be half time.

No idea what was said…

The players as a whole came out with an entirely different attitude.

They kept the attacking part of the game but clearly the entire group had a defensive grind and grit to it which was missing in the first half.

Reportedly Bevo was pretty animated with Webb about how we were letting them walk it out.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 09:17 PM

100%. What a moment.

https://youtu.be/ugbGMkpBnWs

FrediKanoute
26-07-2022, 01:56 AM

Saw that and thought what bullsh*t.

What were people's thoughts on the high tackles ruling......I thought that though there were no real obvoius ones the non-payment of high tackles because that were like ducking is going to lead to someone getting hurt

jeemak
26-07-2022, 03:21 AM
I'm calling out as others might have, the bold but duffed kick from Dale into the centre, Khamis tapping it on and then some dude GG is fixated on hitting up an inside kick to Garcia, who then put it into JUH's hands.

Outside of the insane spoil from Dale, the insane quarter from JUH, McNeil's decision to go inboard instead of wide and hitting up the target was the moment for me.

It took a shit tonne of guts to try that kick, and his executing it made a huge difference between winning and losing.

MrMahatma
26-07-2022, 09:12 AM
I'm calling out as others might have, the bold but duffed kick from Dale into the centre, Khamis tapping it on and then some dude GG is fixated on hitting up an inside kick to Garcia, who then put it into JUH's hands.

Outside of the insane spoil from Dale, the insane quarter from JUH, McNeil's decision to go inboard instead of wide and hitting up the target was the moment for me.

It took a shit tonne of guts to try that kick, and his executing it made a huge difference between winning and losing.
That was such an awesome play!

Mantis
26-07-2022, 09:39 AM

Given McNeil's sometimes (well maybe more than sometimes) shoddy kicking it was great to see him execute this one.. it traveled quickly and really opened up the play.

Nice to see he has this in him and hopefully gives him the confidence to nail such kicks going forward.

And that's the take from the game... we had some of our lesser lights have big moments which will no doubt give them a big shot of confidence in being able to perform on the big stage.