PDA

View Full Version : Best home and away games I have seen live

SquirrelGrip
24-07-2022, 10:36 AM
Last night’s win against Melbourne was in the top three home and away games I have had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beating our hated rivals, Jamarra coming of age, and coming from behind, it had it all.

https://youtu.be/VdDae6rkxHY

In no particular order (it’s like choosing your favourite children), my other two are:

The 2000 Uber-Flood vs undefeated Bombers

https://youtu.be/IdNXJyq8TuE

1984 Simon Beasley intercepts Gubby Allen vs Collingwood

https://youtu.be/9k5rTNZWqZA

What are yours?

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Last night’s win against Melbourne was in the top three home and away games I have had the pleasure of seeing in person. Beating our hated rivals, Jamarra coming of age, and coming from behind, it had it all.

In no particular order (it’s like choosing your favourite children), my other two are:

What are yours?

The 99? win v the Crows at the G when Powell kicked a late sealer.

Carlton nearly 0 goals at WO.

Lions game 2005? when Robbins took that hanger and announced the Eade era.

(I'm sure there are many others!)

The bulldog tragician
24-07-2022, 10:45 AM
Sydney 2015 had it all. The excitement of knowing something special was brewing. Every goal was epic, every kick mattered, and the way it ended with Easton picking up the greasy ball one-handed to ensure our win…

Grantysghost
24-07-2022, 10:45 AM
https://youtu.be/CwZ4wwm4ws0

chef
24-07-2022, 11:15 AM
Got to be Johnnos 300 for mine. That was nuts.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 11:21 AM
Two games stand out for me from the one season.

Incredibly difficult to go past Round 21, 2000 against the Bombers. Bombers were invincible that year and Plough had a game plan for the ages and Chris Grant with the left foot from the boundary ... what a night. It was also the first year games were played at Marvel Stadium.

Only two rounds earlier at Princess Park a skinny young Bob Murphy playing in his first game kicked a wobbly goal on the run to help win a game against a Blues team searching for their 14th consecutive win. Simon Garlick kicking six goals in a memorable performance. Good old fashion suburban football on a sunny winter day on a Saturday afternoon. Great memories of that day and that era.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Got to be Johnnos 300 for mine. That was nuts.

Incredible finish and day. Great game.

hujsh
24-07-2022, 11:39 AM
Johnno's 300th is one that comes to mind. The one against Adelaide in round 1

Twodogs
24-07-2022, 01:35 PM
Only two rounds earlier at Princess Park a skinny young Bob Murphy playing in his first game kicked a wobbly goal on the run to help win a game against a Blues team searching for their 14th consecutive win. Simon Garlick kicking six goals in a memorable performance. Good old fashion suburban football on a sunny winter day on a Saturday afternoon. Great memories of that day and that era.

That's my favourite H & A of all time. All the media leading up to it was "how good will the Essendon/Carlton game be next week after Carlton beats the Bulldogs on Saturday? Neither team will have lost a game in 3 months"

The outrageous free kick Trent Bartlett got on the goalsquare to won the game just topped it off. A little girl sitting behind is turned to her dad and said "it's not fair daddy. They're the Bulldogs and they aren't supposed to beat us" My mates and I may have been standing on our seats taunting the Carlton supporters at the time!

I've got a framed photo of Bubba Smith and Trent Bartlett walking off the ground surrounded by Carlton supporters. Bubba is pointing to the Bulldog on his jumper to remind them who won!

Mofra
24-07-2022, 01:42 PM
I can't remember the season, but we played two games against Geelong that were both decided by a point (or close to it). Both cracking games.

For a different reason, the 111 point belting of the Saints last year was very enjoyable.

Mofra
24-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Sydney 2015 had it all. The excitement of knowing something special was brewing. Every goal was epic, every kick mattered, and the way it ended with Easton picking up the greasy ball one-handed to ensure our win…
That game changed us. A few months earlier we were a bottom 4 side with no coach, no captain, and no CEO.
Our other wins were 'luck', this one really made people start to believe

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
24-07-2022, 01:58 PM
Johnno’s 250th was pretty good too

G-Mo77
24-07-2022, 02:07 PM
One of my most memorable and one I doubt I'll forget. I remember picking up my son when the siren went like he was a bag of feathers. He begged me to go to this one, I really did not want to but went to make him happy. It's one I doubt either of us will forget.

comrade
24-07-2022, 04:37 PM
In 2016, my old man and I decided on a whim to fly up to Sydney for the day to watch us play the Swans. Ended up being an absolute banger of a finish with JJ slotting one from a long range set shot and putting us in front with about 5 seconds to go.

We were trailing all game and some Swans fans sitting behind us were baiting me throughout (albeit pretty good natured banter). I still have the selfies I took with them, me beaming and them sitting there glumly.

bornadog
24-07-2022, 05:48 PM
That's my favourite H & A of all time. All the media leading up to it was "how good will the Essendon/Carlton game be next week after Carlton beats the Bulldogs on Saturday? Neither team will have lost a game in 3 months"

The outrageous free kick Trent Bartlett got on the goalsquare to won the game just topped it off. A little girl sitting behind is turned to her dad and said "it's not fair daddy. They're the Bulldogs and they aren't supposed to beat us" My mates and I may have been standing on our seats taunting the Carlton supporters at the time!

I've got a framed photo of Bubba Smith and Trent Bartlett walking off the ground surrounded by Carlton supporters. Bubba is pointing to the Bulldog on his jumper to remind them who won!

Wallace experimented with the super flood that game. I remember walking into work Monday morning, where there were three Carlton supporters and one of them said we cheated with the flood :D - such sooks when they lose

Swoop
24-07-2022, 05:54 PM
The final game of the 1998 season against the Kangaroos. I know we lost but it was the best two sides going head to head and it was a great spectacle.

mjp
24-07-2022, 06:06 PM
This is a Bulldogs game but it isn't Footscray. In fact, I was 11 (going on 12) when this was played and didn't start barracking for Footscray until after the (then) May school holidays (3 terms not 4) in 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhGBZZYVyVA

The kick to win the game after the siren is at the 5min mark of the video.

I think this was a record crowd as well - around the 30000 mark at Fremantle oval...

I often think of this day and what we have lost (as a society) with the nationalising of the sport + chase of the $.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 06:21 PM
Wallace experimented with the super flood that game. I remember walking into work Monday morning, where there were three Carlton supporters and one of them said we cheated with the flood :D - such sooks when they lose

Ha. There has been a lot of sooking for the last 20+ years.

SquirrelGrip
24-07-2022, 07:10 PM
In 2016, my old man and I decided on a whim to fly up to Sydney for the day to watch us play the Swans. Ended up being an absolute banger of a finish with JJ slotting one from a long range set shot and putting us in front with about 5 seconds to go.

We were trailing all game and some Swans fans sitting behind us were baiting me throughout (albeit pretty good natured banter). I still have the selfies I took with them, me beaming and them sitting there glumly.

Yes we went up to Sydney for that one too. What a cracker! The Sydney fans were such theatre goers, congratulating us as we walked out of the stadium. They enjoyed a great game, didn’t care who won.

https://youtu.be/kGqdhh1-d-o

josie
24-07-2022, 07:32 PM
The final game of the 1998 season against the Kangaroos. I know we lost but it was the best two sides going head to head and it was a great spectacle.

Yes - I was going to list that one. Grant and Carey putting on a show. We lost by 2 points but it was such a great game I strangely was not too upset and kept thinking how lucky I was to witness a cracker game with 2 all time great forwards.

jeemak
24-07-2022, 07:35 PM
Yes we went up to Sydney for that one too. What a cracker! The Sydney fans were such theatre goers, congratulating us as we walked out of the stadium. They enjoyed a great game, didn’t care who won.

https://youtu.be/kGqdhh1-d-o

With a bit of Matty Suckling at the end to keep EW happy to boot!

merantau
24-07-2022, 07:57 PM
Round 1, 1985. Princes Park. Dogs 142 Carlton 112.
Debut for Hardie, Daniels and Michael Ford. Harbinger for a good season.

merantau
24-07-2022, 08:09 PM
Round 16, 1958 Western Oval. Earlier in the year at Brunswick St Fitzroy beat us by 56 points.
By Round 16 they were sitting third and we were down the bottom.

We won by 90 points. EJ booted 5 and Ray Baxter came on in the last and kicked 3. It was a great win.

Fitzroy lost the semi-final by 4 points to North.
It was a strange season. We finished 2nd last winning 4 games but with a percentage of 97.2. North finished 4th with 11 wins and a percentage of 92.3.

Sedat
24-07-2022, 08:16 PM
"Kolyniuk, will he take him on? I thought he would"

bornadog
24-07-2022, 08:19 PM

That was a great win against the eventual premiers

Go_Dogs
24-07-2022, 08:32 PM
A few standouts already mentioned.

Round 21 2009 v Cats is one I’ll remember forever. Was living in ADL still at that time but came over and went solo to the game. We were a side that could’ve gone all the way that year and a win against the cats deep in the H&A was huge.

A couple of young players in Ward and Reid did OK… it’s a bittersweet memory in many ways as Hill, Harbrow, Aker, etc all didn’t end well with us.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 08:43 PM

Great game. Unbelievable goal from Billy. But gee whiz how good is the commentary from Bruce. I wasn't at the game as it was on a Sunday and I was playing junior football. Listened to the finish on the radio in Collingwood heartland. It still brings a smile to my face. I still have not forgiven the Essendon football club for letting them win that Premiership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrCBGfn-WFw&ab_channel=MikeR

Dancin' Douggy
24-07-2022, 08:44 PM
At Kardinia park V Cats sometime in the '90's probably???? We had a huge comeback. Johnno took a screamer over Matthew Scarlett. Must have been one of Gia's first games and he nailed a set shot late in the game. Ice in his veins. Bubba was on fire and I reckon we were around 8 goals down before the comeback. Was awesome. And the some celebratory beers in the Barwon Club Hotel afterwards.

merantau
24-07-2022, 08:50 PM
At Kardinia park V Cats sometime in the '90's probably???? We had a huge comeback. Johnno took a screamer over Matthew Scarlett. Must have been one of Gia's first games and he nailed a set shot late in the game. Ice in his veins. Bubba was on fire and I reckon we were around 8 goals down before the comeback. Was awesome. And the some celebratory beers in the Barwon Club Hotel afterwards.

Was listening on the radio. Great win.

merantau
24-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Great game. Unbelievable goal from Billy. But gee whiz how good is the commentary from Bruce. I wasn't at the game as it was on a Sunday and I was playing junior football. Listened to the finish on the radio in Collingwood heartland. It still brings a smile to my face. I still have not forgiven the Essendon football club for letting them win that Premiership.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrCBGfn-WFw&ab_channel=MikeR

100% agree. Sensational win. Best ever match winning goal ever kicked at the "G".

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 08:56 PM
100% agree. Sensational win. Best ever match winning goal ever kicked at the "G".

How good is the handball from Scott Wynd to start the chain. What a player he was.

angelopetraglia
24-07-2022, 09:03 PM
A few standouts already mentioned.

Round 21 2009 v Cats is one I’ll remember forever. Was living in ADL still at that time but came over and went solo to the game. We were a side that could’ve gone all the way that year and a win against the cats deep in the H&A was huge.

A couple of young players in Ward and Reid did OK… it’s a bittersweet memory in many ways as Hill, Harbrow, Aker, etc all didn’t end well with us.

This was the game. It was 2002. It was Rohan Smith and Scott West 200th game. We were 40 points down half way through the second quarter. Brad Johnson with six goals. We actually led by 27 points at one stage in an incredible turn around before they came back at us.

I was at the game as a guest of the Geelong football club at a lunch with my brother and Dad. We had to be on our best behaviour. But gee whiz it was a good drive back home up the Princess Highway.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 3.2 10.5 17.5 18.9 (117)
GEELONG 5.1 10.2 15.3 17.3 (105)
Goals: Western Bulldogs: B Johnson 6 R Smith 3 N Brown 2 D Bandy 2 S Garlick L Gilbee M Alvey N Saunders P Dimattina. Geelong: P Chapman 3 K Kingsley 3 G Ablett 2 R Burns 2 M Scarlett 2 D Clarke C Ling A Lord P Riccardi S King.
Best: Western Bulldogs: B Johnson C Grant S West M Croft N Brown L Darcy M Alvey. Geelong: P Chapman S King J Corey B Sholl D Clarke B Sanderson.
Injuries: Western Bulldogs: S Kretiuk (groin) R Murphy (jarred knee) L Gilbee (corked thigh). Geelong: Nil.
Reports: Nil.
Umpires: C Mitchell M McKenzie M Fussell.
Official crowd: 22,033 at Skilled Stadium.

Prince Imperial
24-07-2022, 11:03 PM
All excellent choices but the memories of annihilating Richmond by 115 points in round 1 of 2006 always brings a smile to my face.

Yes, there was the Wallace and Brown factors but in 1980 I was the sole Bulldog supporter in a high school filled with their fans and they stirred me relentlessly about their 110 and 115 points wins against us that year. It felt really good thinking of their pain that night in 2006!

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2006/071420060331.html

comrade
25-07-2022, 08:10 AM
The game itself wasn’t a classic but the last 5 minutes of Johnno’s 300th was just pure ridiculous entertainment.

Eastdog
25-07-2022, 12:30 PM
A thoroughly enjoyed the comprehensive win we had on the opening round of the 2013 season against the Lions at Marvel. That was my first season as a Doggies member.

Dancin' Douggy
25-07-2022, 12:32 PM
That's the one! What a cracker.
This was the game. It was 2002. It was Rohan Smith and Scott West 200th game. We were 40 points down half way through the second quarter. Brad Johnson with six goals. We actually led by 27 points at one stage in an incredible turn around before they came back at us.

I was at the game as a guest of the Geelong football club at a lunch with my brother and Dad. We had to be on our best behaviour. But gee whiz it was a good drive back home up the Princess Highway.

Goals: Western Bulldogs: B Johnson 6 R Smith 3 N Brown 2 D Bandy 2 S Garlick L Gilbee M Alvey N Saunders P Dimattina. Geelong: P Chapman 3 K Kingsley 3 G Ablett 2 R Burns 2 M Scarlett 2 D Clarke C Ling A Lord P Riccardi S King.
Best: Western Bulldogs: B Johnson C Grant S West M Croft N Brown L Darcy M Alvey. Geelong: P Chapman S King J Corey B Sholl D Clarke B Sanderson.
Injuries: Western Bulldogs: S Kretiuk (groin) R Murphy (jarred knee) L Gilbee (corked thigh). Geelong: Nil.

Happy Days
25-07-2022, 12:33 PM
A personal favourite of mine was Jarrad Grant ending Josh Bootsma’s career against Carlton in 2013.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2022, 12:52 PM
Round 16, 1958 Western Oval. Earlier in the year at Brunswick St Fitzroy beat us by 56 points.
By Round 16 they were sitting third and we were down the bottom.

We won by 90 points. EJ booted 5 and Ray Baxter came on in the last and kicked 3. It was a great win.

Fitzroy lost the semi-final by 4 points to North.
It was a strange season. We finished 2nd last winning 4 games but with a percentage of 97.2. North finished 4th with 11 wins and a percentage of 92.3.

I use to love seeing Gus play. Good high mark and straight kick.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2022, 12:57 PM

Ironically they played their 300th match together too in a 74 point thrashing by West Coast in a semi final over there.

angelopetraglia
25-07-2022, 03:11 PM
Ironically they played their 300th match together too in a 74 point thrashing by West Coast in a semi final over there.

Yes. It was too. Bubba was talking about that recently on the Dunks and Ads podcasts when Johno and him were on the show. It was interesting to hear him talk about how the club had offered him to play his 300th the following year if he didn't make it and then retire but he refused that offer. We had to play two finals for him to play his 300th.

Eastdog
25-07-2022, 03:31 PM
Another enjoyable one was when we beat the Tigers Round 3, 2014 at Marvel Saturday afternoon in a thriller by 2 points. We are playing on Saturday the next few weeks as well.

angelopetraglia
25-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Another enjoyable one was when we beat the Tigers Round 3, 2014 at Marvel Saturday afternoon in a thriller by 2 points. We are playing on Saturday the next few weeks as well.

Gia the super sub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfkjfkU79Q&ab_channel=Saliba

Sedat
25-07-2022, 05:12 PM
Beating Carlton on their own dunghill in controversial circumstances in 2000 with our entire spine out injured needs a special mention. They were fresh off 13 wins in a row and we got over the line courtesy of a dodgy Trent Bartlett free. Wallace was going through his imperial tactical coaching phase and managed to extract 6 goals from Simon Garlick one-out in the goal square against Andrew McKay.

I reckon this win had a greater degree of difficulty and surpasses the more iconic super-flood game a couple of weeks later in the same season.

Bulldog4life
25-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Had a long think about this. I have decided my most enjoyable match was in 1991 holding Carlton to one goal at Whitten Oval...kicked in the last minute from a free mind you. Typical Whitten Oval day rain and mud. This time I was standing in the in the forward pocket of the Geelong road end. Wet through but extremely happy until Carlton kicked that goal. Still happy with the win though. Enjoy the last 5 minutes.

https://australianfootball.com/articles/view/bulldogs%2Bv%2Bcarlton%252C%2B1991/872

hujsh
25-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Gia the super sub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfkjfkU79Q&ab_channel=Saliba

A shame it has Garry Lyon's strange groaning ruining it

Flamethrower
25-07-2022, 07:43 PM
I have 2 more games to add...

Round 5, 1985. Footscray defeat Essendon to go the top of the ladder. Great weather, huge crowd at the spiritual home and a huge 7 goal 3rd quarter stamps us a genuine premiership contender.

Round 14, 2009. Western Bulldogs hammer the reigning premiers Hawthorn with an almost perfect 1st half, leading 13.10.88 to 4 points at the long break, before going on to a massive 88 point win.

EasternWest
25-07-2022, 07:47 PM
A personal favourite of mine was Jarrad Grant ending Josh Bootsma’s career against Carlton in 2013.

Mercy killing, think of all the unsolicited sexts an emboldened Bootsma would have unleashed on the world.

Scorlibo
25-07-2022, 08:40 PM
Round 14, 2009. Western Bulldogs hammer the reigning premiers Hawthorn with an almost perfect 1st half, leading 13.10.88 to 4 points at the long break, before going on to a massive 88 point win.

That was a ripper. Lake marked everything while holding Buddy goalless. Higgins coming of age. We had a great team in 09.

One from left field: 2008 draw against the Tigers, with Lake's fake corky leaving (somehow) Big Will with the set shot to level the scores at 130 apiece. It wasn't the result we wanted but it was high drama, and set us up as supporters to cheekily claim an 'unbeaten' record through the first eight rounds.

Twodogs
25-07-2022, 09:13 PM
Round 1, 1985. Princes Park. Dogs 142 Carlton 112.
Debut for Hardie, Daniels and Michael Ford. Harbinger for a good season.

Beasley kicked 9 on Bruce Doull in Doull's 300th game.

Twodogs
25-07-2022, 09:15 PM
That was a great win against the eventual premiers

I think that we were the last team to beat them that year

angelopetraglia
25-07-2022, 09:23 PM
I think that we were the last team to beat them that year

We were the last team to beat Melbourne last year too.

Twodogs
25-07-2022, 09:25 PM
We were the last team to beat Melbourne last year too.

And the last team to lose to them. That must be some sort of record.

Twodogs
25-07-2022, 09:30 PM
One from left field: 2008 draw against the Tigers, with Lake's fake corky leaving (somehow) Big Will with the set shot to level the scores at 130 apiece. It wasn't the result we wanted but it was high drama, and set us up as supporters to cheekily claim an 'unbeaten' record through the first eight rounds.

The highlight was Nathan Brown running around the ground with his fist in the air after the siren thinking that Richmond had won. Actually the real highlight was the look on his face when he realised they hadn't won!

Twodogs
25-07-2022, 10:06 PM
I have 2 more games to add...

Round 5, 1985. Footscray defeat Essendon to go the top of the ladder. Great weather, huge crowd at the spiritual home and a huge 7 goal 3rd quarter stamps us a genuine premiership contender.

I've never heard a louder bulldog crowd than during the third quarter of that game. Apart from the 2016 Grand Final of course.

WBFC4FFC
25-07-2022, 10:54 PM

What are yours?

Not wanting to be a killjoy but I have always thought if there is more than a days difference between the sides heading into a clash, in terms of when they last played, then the side with the extra break has a distinct advantage. We ran over them.

Maybe that was a factor in running over those pricks on Sat night?!?! They played on Sunday in Alice Springs, whereas we played on the Friday night at Doglands.

boydogs
26-07-2022, 12:52 AM
Not wanting to be a killjoy but I have always thought if there is more than a days difference between the sides heading into a clash, in terms of when they last played, then the side with the extra break has a distinct advantage. We ran over them.

Maybe that was a factor in running over those pricks on Sat night?!?! They played on Sunday in Alice Springs, whereas we played on the Friday night at Doglands.

You're probably right. Their defensive running in the last dried right up. The opposite of the GF

jeemak
26-07-2022, 03:17 AM
The highlight was Nathan Brown running around the ground with his fist in the air after the siren thinking that Richmond had won. Actually the real highlight was the look on his face when he realised they hadn't won!

I love how you remember it as him running around the ground celebrating.....he literally raised his arms and then realised he got it wrong.

It was still beautiful.

soupman
26-07-2022, 07:49 PM
That round 5ish game againstAdelaide when Morris made his debut, Griffen looked great and Darcy kicked like 6 and looked like our forward saviour (before doing his knee the next week) got a lot of airtime in our house, as did the Brisbane game where Robbins took the speccy, we had two 9 goal quarters and Mitch Hahn out toughed Voss on the wing.

My favourite though would be the 2016 win against Port over there. Was awesome to watch, Red path was great, Bont kicked an awesome goal in the first and it was a real strong finish.

angelopetraglia
26-07-2022, 09:53 PM
That round 5ish game againstAdelaide when Morris made his debut, Griffen looked great and Darcy kicked like 6 and looked like our forward saviour (before doing his knee the next week) got a lot of airtime in our house, as did the Brisbane game where Robbins took the speccy, we had two 9 goal quarters and Mitch Hahn out toughed Voss on the wing.

My favourite though would be the 2016 win against Port over there. Was awesome to watch, Red path was great, Bont kicked an awesome goal in the first and it was a real strong finish.

That game against Adelaide was Chris Grant’s 300th I think?

merantau
26-07-2022, 10:02 PM
I remember a game at the "G" v Richmond in the 80s. Jim Edmond kicked 5 in the first quarter and we led by 63 points at half time.

But the 2nd half was a different story. Richmond hit back and they might have even led briefly before we got back on top to record a narrow win.

bornadog
26-07-2022, 10:57 PM
I remember a game at the "G" v Richmond in the 80s. Jim Edmond kicked 5 in the first quarter and we led by 63 points at half time.

But the 2nd half was a different story. Richmond hit back and they might have even led briefly before we got back on top to record a narrow win.

Anzac Day in 1983. We kicked 10.3 in the first to Richmond 0.3, then in the second they kicked 8 to our 2 and we ended up winning by 2 points. Jim ended up with 7 and Steve Wallis was the top mid.

The bulldog tragician
26-07-2022, 11:51 PM
Anzac Day in 1983. We kicked 10.3 in the first to Richmond 0.3, then in the second they kicked 8 to our 2 and we ended up winning by 2 points. Jim ended up with 7 and Steve Wallis was the top mid.
A great day. Gorgeous autumn sunshine, and after the disastrous Royce Hart era, we were a team on the up. Remember when Collingwood and Essendon didn’t hog Anzac Day at the G??

hujsh
27-07-2022, 11:11 AM
Don't remember the year (maybe 2008?) but when we beat Adelaide at the G and Cooney kicked 5 and had 30 touches was a fun one to see live

Happy Days
27-07-2022, 11:45 AM
https://youtu.be/s0MqDfLWCxc

This one was completely awesome.

EasternWest
27-07-2022, 12:34 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/kG4CSSRq/Screenshot-20220727-093321.png

I tried to watch this video but the text translation of the commentary was too distracting.

Also, sigh, Jake Stringer. What might have been.

Grantysghost
27-07-2022, 12:42 PM

I tried to watch this video but the text translation of the commentary was too distracting.

Was that Clay Smith? He could crack a few rectums i reckon.

Mantis
27-07-2022, 12:53 PM

That was the stock standard Jake performance though... do SFA for most of the game, but get involved for 5-10min and turn the game in that time.

EasternWest
27-07-2022, 01:03 PM
That was the stock standard Jake performance though... do SFA for most of the game, but get involved for 5-10min and turn the game in that time.

Agreed, but players that can actually turn games with a few touches can be worth it, if they're not complete dickheads outside of that.

angelopetraglia
27-07-2022, 02:08 PM

Sat in the old Southern Stand as an eight year old. Beautiful day.

Happy Days
27-07-2022, 02:44 PM

At least his 5-10 minutes used to come when it mattered.

Look st the difference in his body composition between then and now. If you got a picture of him without his head in it now you’d think he was 45 years old. And this wasn’t even him at his best.

Mantis
27-07-2022, 03:28 PM
At least his 5-10 minutes used to come when it mattered.

Look st the difference in his body composition between then and now. If you got a picture of him without his head in it now you’d think he was 45 years old. And this wasn’t even him at his best.

Yep, he's not in the best shape is he?

I guess the bad thing about those super spongy floors out at The Hanger is the sense that you're still light on your feet which probably doesn't ring true for the Package.

bornadog
27-07-2022, 05:41 PM
Sat in the old Southern Stand as an eight year old. Beautiful day.

Yeah I was up there as well. 51k there that day - considering we were a bottom team

EasternWest
27-07-2022, 07:29 PM
Yep, he's not in the best shape is he?

I guess the bad thing about those super spongy floors out at The Hanger is the sense that you're still light on your feet which probably doesn't ring true for the Package.

Very good.

MrMahatma
28-07-2022, 11:59 AM

I remember that day very well. My wife dragged me to meet our neighbours cause our daughters had made friends at kindy. Sounded sucky but I went. The wife neighbour was there but not the husband! I'd been stitched up. He decided to go the races rather than this lame meet and greet. Fair play. I was trying to be polite while also keeping an eye on scores. The husband was going to be home about half time. I figured maybe we'd bond over a beer and the 2nd half. He then text his wife to say he wasn't coming cause he was continuing his drinking at the rugby/rugby league match happening that afternoon. I had to admire that.

We've since become very close mates and watch footy together every weekend.