PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 20, 2022 vs Geelong

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-07-2022, 05:11 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's round 20 match against Geelong. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

hujsh
30-07-2022, 11:49 PM
I think it all started with that down field free. That damn down field free

Really released the pressure valves and to their credit and our failure Geelong seized the moment from there.

angelopetraglia
30-07-2022, 11:52 PM

Really released the pressure valves and to their credit and our failure Geelong seized the moment from there.

It did. That goal. Then another straight away from the next centre clearance and they were off to the races. They then kicked some incredible goals from tight angles in what can only be described as a rampage. But it did all start with a fake free with such a harsh penalty being down the field 15m directly in front.

In saying that, we need to be better to hang tough when thing don’t go our way.

Scorlibo
31-07-2022, 12:06 AM
Gary Rohan's second goal out the back in the second quarter. That's when I realised we'd stopped running both ways.

The bulldog tragician
31-07-2022, 12:09 AM
It did. That goal. Then another straight away from the next centre clearance and they were off to the races. They then kicked some incredible goals from tight angles in what can only be described as a rampage. But it did all start with a fake free with such a harsh penalty being down the field 15m directly in front.

In saying that, we need to be better to hang tough when thing don’t go our way.
In contrast to the failure to pay a downfield free to Ed in the match earlier this year ;)

Boots
31-07-2022, 12:47 AM
I turned it off when they got the lead in the first few minutes of the 3rd. We have never chased down Geelong once they have the lead in the whole time I've been watching football. I guess that counts as the 'moment'?

bornadog
31-07-2022, 12:57 AM
when Dud Miers kicked a goal from a tight angle on the boundary - if that arse can kick from there then we have no hope.

SonofScray
31-07-2022, 01:16 AM
We’d started to show signs of falling away in the 2nd, but when aselwood had a word to the umpires at half time, that seemed a big moment.

MrMahatma
31-07-2022, 02:01 AM
Bruce missed a sitter.

Our mids rely on stats more than moments. They *!*!*!*!ed this up. Idiots.

merantau
31-07-2022, 08:01 AM
There were a lot of moments where we made errors that they pounced on and scored from. Good sides do that. West, Daniel and Hannan had some bad moments - but they were not alone. Cordy dropped a mark he should have swallowed. English could have booted the beJesus out of the ball when it was on the ground, but instead tried to toe poke it. They got it and ended up with a goal.

But for me the JJ miss was the start of the downslide. They really went to town on us after that.

Big three weeks coming up. Chance to make history should be the theme. Make history first, then a whole new scenario unfolds.

Making the finals represents, strange as it may seem, a step forward for the Club and is so important for our younger players like Jamarra, Garcia, West, Buku, Richards.

AshMac
31-07-2022, 09:38 AM
I’ll go a positive one, not match defining but my fav - when Garcia had a crack at Selwood in the second quarter. Totally unprovoked - just some aggression and intensity on display and I loved it

Didn’t turn the game back our way unfortunately

josie
31-07-2022, 10:44 AM
I’ll go a positive one, not match defining but my fav - when Garcia had a crack at Selwood in the second quarter. Totally unprovoked - just some aggression and intensity on display and I loved it

Didn’t turn the game back our way unfortunately

Good one Ashmac. Was it Garcia who responded (bit later Bruce) after Cody was felled inQ4 too? Garcia’s got the RWB guts and grit we need. Too little of it on show last night after Q1.

Grantysghost
31-07-2022, 10:46 AM
Geelong adjusting to our centre bounce setup after half time.
Bevo mentioned it in the press conference. I need to watch it back to see what they did but clearly that's the catalyst for their win.

angelopetraglia
31-07-2022, 10:50 AM
Geelong adjusting to our centre bounce setup after half time.
Bevo mentioned it in the press conference. I need to watch it back to see what they did but clearly that's the catalyst for their win.

Bevo also said that it was Dangerfield who was the man made it happen for them. He was the main influence from Bevo's perspective in that 3rd quarter.

Bulldog4life
31-07-2022, 10:51 AM

After that goal the tv caught Cameron, Smith and others giggling like school girls knowing they got away with that free.

Grantysghost
31-07-2022, 10:59 AM
After that goal the tv caught Cameron, Smith and others giggling like school girls knowing they got away with that free.

Bruce didn't have to do that though. I get it, was soft as hell but it wasn't neccesary the ball had gone.
Umpires were good imo.

Grantysghost
31-07-2022, 11:08 AM
Bevo also said that it was Dangerfield who was the man made it happen for them. He was the main influence from Bevo's perspective in that 3rd quarter.

He said something interesting as I'm always banging my head against the wall wondering why we don't play slow at times.
He said in the 3rd when we got it back we gave it back, didn't have game sense.
Game sense at least tells me we have a plan for this. Why didn't the players/leaders enact it?

BornInDroopSt'54
31-07-2022, 04:07 PM
Peter Ryan identified it for us:
"from the moment the umpire made an error when they paid a downfield free kick against Bulldogs’ forward Josh Bruce that gifted Tyson Stengle a goal, Geelong dominated".

bornadog
31-07-2022, 04:11 PM
Good one Ashmac. Was it Garcia who responded (bit later Bruce) after Cody was felled inQ4 too? Garcia’s got the RWB guts and grit we need. Too little of it on show last night after Q1.

Yes it was. Cody went down and Garcia came running. Ceglar the big dope, what a hero, uncalled for.

Bullies
01-08-2022, 09:49 AM
Bevo also said that it was Dangerfield who was the man made it happen for them. He was the main influence from Bevo's perspective in that 3rd quarter. If that is the case then why would Bont not put his hand and sacrifice his game to take on Dangerfield. Blicavs was going with him so it would have thrown his tag.

MrMahatma
01-08-2022, 10:20 AM
The down field, and Bruce's missed set shot.