PDA

View Full Version : Three things you've learned round 23 v Hawthorn in Tasmania on a Sunday for possibly the very last time this season

Twodogs
20-08-2022, 01:16 PM
So for very possibly the last time this year (depending on the baby Cheeses) tell us three things you know now that you didn't know this morning.

GVGjr
21-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Bump

azabob
21-08-2022, 05:25 PM
1. The hype is real with Darcy. Back him in to be 2nd ruck in 2023

2. It seems each week our defensive transition is getting worse and worse.

3. Our forward line today was wayyy to top heavy. Especially when Darcy was thrown forward.

bornadog
21-08-2022, 05:26 PM
1. Defence held up today especially in the second half of the game.

2. We have to stop long bombing into the forward line as we should have kicked 20 today.

3. Darcy is going to be a player. How lucky are we with JUH and Darcy for the future

Sedat
21-08-2022, 05:29 PM
Numbers I really like to see:

1. 24 F50 tackles to 4
2. 49 clearances to 22
3. 14 scoring shots conceded and 39 I50's conceded

Those sets of numbers will keep us in most games, especially in high pressure low scoring finals

Mofra
21-08-2022, 05:29 PM
1. Stories of Roarke's demise were grossly overtold

2. Dunkley is the best marking midfielder in the competition

3. Our younger talls are better than our older talls already

Grantysghost
21-08-2022, 05:30 PM
1. Roarke still has a future.
2. Gunston could play the Cody role better than Cody.
3. Marra to Darcy for a goal made me feel unnatural things.

josie
21-08-2022, 05:35 PM
1) MC know more than we do. Good on Bevo for selecting Roarke - a player with heart & guts & reasonable skill. That last set shot of his was ice in the veins stuff. He plays a team orientated game and looked ok out there. Was ok in GF too. Should not be dropped.
2) Darcy - wow. vfl watchers won’t be surprised. Gives us more options with him potentially playing forward or back or pinch ruck (such a slight frame we might not allow him to ruck yet though).
3) Treloar and Hunter are back in form. Both very good today.

AshMac
21-08-2022, 09:02 PM
1. Our zone is close to the worst in the AFL, average teams cut through it like butter

2. Sam Darcy is doing exactly what it said on the tin. Delighted we’ve had a look in his first year

3. Going to be very hard to win finals with how difficult we find it every week to kick goals

DOG GOD
21-08-2022, 09:21 PM
1. Our zone will not hold up in finals..we need to tweak it and now

2. Our inability to either hold the ball in, or score from all our inside 50’s is a worry

3. Darcy is exceptional, already.

Nuggety Back Pocket
21-08-2022, 09:22 PM
1. The performance of Roarke Smith was an unexpected bonus
2. The flexibility of Darcy to go forward and kick two goals was class.
3. Richards continues to be our most improved player in another fine game

The bulldog tragician
21-08-2022, 09:30 PM
1. When I said we didn’t deserve to make finals and I wasn’t all that upset, at the moment Blues went 25 points up… I lied.

2. Sam Darcy as a forward will be a thrilling ride.

3. This group has struggled this year. I don’t really understand why. But now we’re there. And there is enough talent there to be much better than a lucky 8th. But even if we don’t go far in 22 we have an exciting core of young guys. We will jag another flag in this Bont era.

hujsh
21-08-2022, 10:01 PM
I learned I shouldn't have doubted Darcy's ability to play forward without practise in the VFL. Guy is clearly talented enough that it doesn't matter to him

SlimPickens
21-08-2022, 10:05 PM
1. We don’t need Rory Lobb, we have Sam Darcy.
2. Our young tall forward group is the most exciting cohort we have ever had.
3. Treloar needs to play midfield.

angelopetraglia
21-08-2022, 10:12 PM
1. Collingwood can find a new miraculous way to win every week

2. Collingwood can find a new miraculous way to win every week

3. Collingwood can find a new miraculous way to win every week

LostDog
21-08-2022, 11:09 PM
Finals baby woooioo

Scorlibo
22-08-2022, 11:53 AM
1. Roarke Smith is the kind of player who looks better at AFL level than VFL level with a higher quality output from his teammates. I’m usually of the mindset that you need to adhere to the mantra of rewarding form from the level below, and was sceptical of his selection, but it was the right call bringing him in. Have always liked the athleticism and ability to cover the ground that he brings, hope he can keep this form into finals.

2. Sam Darcy can have a big impact up forward in 2022. His reach, positioning and timing are all elite. If we play him forward in the finals, he’ll draw bigger, better defenders than Bruce has been.

3. It’s not over till it’s over. I admit it - I left the pub with a quarter to go in the Pies Blues game. Couldn’t hack the happy and rowdy Carlton fans. It was a glorious journey home listening to the last quarter on the radio, but boy it would have been nice to stay to see the smiles wiped from their faces.

westbulldog
22-08-2022, 12:02 PM
1. Roarke Smith justified his selection.
2. Sam Darcy up forward will present problems for Freo.
3. Ed Richards' good form continues, our most improved player this year.