PDA

View Full Version : All finals free to air, just turn off the sound.

BornInDroopSt'54
29-08-2022, 06:09 PM
Good news for non Foxtelers (MurdochRoyalCommissionNow).

"Fortunately, there are no restrictions on the free-to-air coverage for the 2022 AFL Finals. All games will be shown live and free on the Seven Network, as well as on Foxtel. However, the only place to watch the AFL grand final is the Seven network, with coverage confined to the free-to-air channel".

Grantysghost
29-08-2022, 06:16 PM

"Fortunately, there are no restrictions on the free-to-air coverage for the 2022 AFL Finals. All games will be shown live and free on the Seven Network, as well as on Foxtel. However, the only place to watch the AFL grand final is the Seven network, with coverage confined to the free-to-air channel".

7 should be banned unless they offer 4k content.

EasternWest
29-08-2022, 06:41 PM

This year.

I have no faith going forward.

bornadog
29-08-2022, 06:46 PM
7 should be banned unless they offer 4k content.

About time they upgraded

Bulldog Joe
29-08-2022, 10:21 PM

Unfortunately it also includes multiple ads with every goal.

Eastdog
29-08-2022, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately it also includes multiple ads with every goal.

Thus why the Fox Footy coverage is the better one with ads only at each of the quarter breaks.

Grantysghost
29-08-2022, 10:28 PM
About time they upgraded

4k on Foxtel is amazing for sport, only reason I keep it.

bornadog
30-08-2022, 12:25 AM

Same

Danny the snakeman
30-08-2022, 01:33 AM
So what your saying is we get the same fta coverage of finals we always have.

azabob
30-08-2022, 08:07 AM
Thus why the Fox Footy coverage is the better one with ads only at each of the quarter breaks.

I don't have fox but have fox lite in Kayo. Good value but buggy as hell. But I get to watch all games add free.

GVGjr
30-08-2022, 09:03 AM
I don't have fox but have fox lite in Kayo. Good value but buggy as hell. But I get to watch all games add free.

Kayo is disappointing and as you say very buggy.

Bulldog4life
30-08-2022, 10:10 AM
Same

Ditto.

hujsh
30-08-2022, 10:13 AM
I'm surprised to hear people say Kayo is buggy. This year I've had maybe 2 games where there've been any issues and I think 1 of them was a problem with the coverage because other people commented on it on the gameday thread

azabob
30-08-2022, 10:50 AM
I'm surprised to hear people say Kayo is buggy. This year I've had maybe 2 games where there've been any issues and I think 1 of them was a problem with the coverage because other people commented on it on the gameday thread

I use the Kayo app via AppleTV and the interface is terrible. Extremely unfriendly. A lot easier to navigate on a laptop or tablet.

Sometimes the scrolling function does not work, trying to find live games to select to watch is difficult. Watching shows like the first crack on replay sometimes you have to fast forward through 15 minutes of the bounce to get to the start.

Once in game or in program it is generally ok.

But hey, you get what your pay for.

soupman
30-08-2022, 11:00 AM
I think it's a bit clunky at times but have never really had any issues with Kayo. Trust me if you've tried to follow the A-league this past year through either Paramount+ or 10Play you'll appreciate how unbuggy Kayo is.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
30-08-2022, 11:02 AM
Likewise

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 11:19 AM
I think it's a bit clunky at times but have never really had any issues with Kayo. Trust me if you've tried to follow the A-league this past year through either Paramount+ or 10Play you'll appreciate how unbuggy Kayo is.

Paramount at the start was an absolute nightmare!

It was like a beta release it was so bad.

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 11:26 AM
Kayo seems to have a knack for choking at the worst possible times. Don’t know if it’s a bandwidth/too many users issue or if it just doesn’t have that dawg in it.

Binge sucks as well (worst search function I’ve ever used on anything) so might be company-wide.

azabob
30-08-2022, 11:30 AM
Kayo seems to have a knack for choking at the worst possible times. Don’t know if it’s a bandwidth/too many users issue or if it just doesn’t have that dawg in it.

Binge sucks as well (worst search function I’ve ever used on anything) so might be company-wide.

Yeah company wide for sure and probably a strategy so they do not cannibalise too much of their premium market - being Foxtel.

Or maybe i'm giving them too much credit saying it is good management rather than incompetence.

Bulldog4life
30-08-2022, 11:48 AM
I use the Kayo app via AppleTV and the interface is terrible. Extremely unfriendly. A lot easier to navigate on a laptop or tablet.

Sometimes the scrolling function does not work, trying to find live games to select to watch is difficult. Watching shows like the first crack on replay sometimes you have to fast forward through 15 minutes of the bounce to get to the start.

Once in game or in program it is generally ok.

But hey, you get what your pay for.

That bloody bounce show always seems to go 10 to 15 minutes overtime.

hujsh
30-08-2022, 11:52 AM
That bloody bounce show always seems to go 10 to 15 minutes overtime.

There's just too much good content to fit in of the boys gafawing at eachother. It's high quality stuff you can't put a timeline on art like that

bornadog
30-08-2022, 11:59 AM
Paramount at the start was an absolute nightmare!

It was like a beta release it was so bad.

If Kayo was a decent app and in 4k then I wouldn't bother with Foxtel. Most of the stuff on Foxtel, I can get from GEO unblocking and apps from USA or UK, either free or cheap sub (compared to Foxtel high prices).

kruder
30-08-2022, 12:00 PM
I wonder when will get 4k on live streaming? I reckon most of it isn’t even 1080p.

hujsh
30-08-2022, 01:04 PM
Well for us Plebs without a 4kTV Kayo is fine because it's cheaper and on demand. Never used foxtel when I had it anyway.

Bulldog4life
30-08-2022, 01:16 PM
Well for us Plebs without a 4kTV Kayo is fine because it's cheaper and on demand. Never used foxtel when I had it anyway.

Short for plebeians.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-08-2022, 01:18 PM

I had it for a week and it did not work, no refund.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Well so what about ads if the sound is off and you have 3LO commentating if you want commentating. Free to air suits this pleb.

hujsh
30-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Short for plebeians.

Is that for my benefit or the general public?

BornInDroopSt'54
30-08-2022, 01:23 PM

To distinguish pleb's from roman footsoldiers.

bornadog
30-08-2022, 01:24 PM
Well so what about ads if the sound is off and you have 3LO commentating if you want commentating. Free to air suits this pleb.

What do you do about the delay ie sound to picture?

Bulldog4life
30-08-2022, 01:36 PM

All woofers hujsh.