PDA

View Full Version : 4 signings

GVGjr
30-08-2022, 03:11 PM
The Bulldogs (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1210741/) have announced 4 new contracts

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2022/08/30/317bd3f8-6811-4874-924b-ccacbbab01c2/ContractExtensions-1920x1080-ART-48-.jpg?width=952&height=592

Bulldogs’ premiership utility Toby McLean has agreed to terms on a contract extension that will see him remain at Whitten Oval until the end of the 2023 season.

Having recently recovered from a second ACL reconstruction, McLean has showed plenty of promise in recent VFL fixtures, displaying resilience and leadership throughout a challenging campaign.

The 26-year-old has played 95 games across his eight seasons at the Kennel, managing 62 goals and an elusive premiership victory in 2016.

McLean will be joined by a trio of emerging Bulldogs in re-committing to the Club, seeing Riley Garcia, Cody Raak and Robbie McComb all putting pen to paper on new deals.

Garcia has impressed since being selected at pick 62 in the 2019 National Draft, rewarded with a two-year extension.

Read more here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1210741/)

GVGjr
30-08-2022, 03:12 PM
One year deals for McLean, Raak and McComb, 2 years for Garcia.

Axe, if you can work your magic it would be appreciated.

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 03:23 PM
Man those better be rookie deals for McComb and Raak.

EasternWest
30-08-2022, 03:33 PM
The Bulldogs (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1210741/) have announced 4 new contracts

https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2022/08/30/317bd3f8-6811-4874-924b-ccacbbab01c2/ContractExtensions-1920x1080-ART-48-.jpg?width=952&height=592

Bulldogs’ premiership utility Toby McLean has agreed to terms on a contract extension that will see him remain at Whitten Oval until the end of the 2023 season.

Having recently recovered from a second ACL reconstruction, McLean has showed plenty of promise in recent VFL fixtures, displaying resilience and leadership throughout a challenging campaign.

The 26-year-old has played 95 games across his eight seasons at the Kennel, managing 62 goals and an elusive premiership victory in 2016.

McLean will be joined by a trio of emerging Bulldogs in re-committing to the Club, seeing Riley Garcia, Cody Raak and Robbie McComb all putting pen to paper on new deals.

Garcia has impressed since being selected at pick 62 in the 2019 National Draft, rewarded with a two-year extension.

Read more here (https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/1210741/)

Well I'm getting the popcorn.

Happy with Garcia and McLean, not fussed about the other two. I mean, Cody Raak's old man is a flog, but sins of the father etc.

DOG GOD
30-08-2022, 03:35 PM
So where’s West ?

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 03:36 PM
I’m also wondering if the McLean re-signing has any implication on Dunkley. He would’ve been right on the roster bubble.

DOG GOD
30-08-2022, 03:38 PM
I’m also wondering if the McLean re-signing has any implication on Dunkley. He would’ve been right on the roster bubble.

Seems we have way bigger names still unsigned which is a worry

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-08-2022, 03:43 PM
Well I'm getting the popcorn.

Happy with Garcia and McLean, not fussed about the other two. I mean, Cody Raak's old man is a flog, but sins of the father etc.

What's the deal with Raak's old man being a flog? Has he done something specific to earn that title, or is it a general vibe?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Seems we have way bigger names still unsigned which is a worry

On the flip side, the club has so far managed the re-signing of several stars this year quite well. If it was a worry at the start of the season, I'd say it's less of a worry now.

Mofra
30-08-2022, 03:50 PM
What's the deal with Raak's old man being a flog? Has he done something specific to earn that title, or is it a general vibe?
I too am curious about this comment

EasternWest
30-08-2022, 03:57 PM

I too am curious about this comment

You can check his Twitter if you like. He's a big fan of Ron de Santis among a number of other cooked units.

SonofScray
30-08-2022, 04:08 PM
Garcia is the important signing out of the four, with Tobias the next in line in terms of being happy to see him on the list.
Big years coming up for both, McLean has a chance to get fully fit and put his career back on track, he is a very capable player and seems well loved by the players and staff. Garcia has shown plenty early on, he is going to offer us a real point of difference with his pace, offensive flair and hard running.

McComb is full scale meat and potatoes, just outside the level but I appreciate his efforts, mostly.

hujsh
30-08-2022, 04:23 PM
Yeah McComb was obviously going to get another year. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play 5 games next year though.

Happy to see the rest retained (Raak is a free hit so no harm in keeping him on)

bornadog
30-08-2022, 04:29 PM
Yeah McComb was obviously going to get another year. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play 5 games next year though.

Happy to see the rest retained (Raak is a free hit so no harm in keeping him on)

Mcturnover, I mean McComb is backup only

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 04:57 PM

I think he's a bit of a legend in the Central Highlands League. Coached / Played for Hepburn for ages and got them to a premiership.

Clive.

He was a bit loose in Melton as a younger guy for sure. His brother Mark is president of Caroline Springs where Brodie Holland is coach and Brian Lake plays. That was Cody's junior club.

EasternWest
30-08-2022, 05:05 PM
I think he's a bit of a legend in the Central Highlands League. Coached / Played for Hepburn for ages and got them to a premiership.

Clive.

He was a bit loose in Melton as a younger guy for sure. His brother Mark is president of Caroline Springs where Brodie Holland is coach and Brian Lake plays. That was Cody's junior club.

Marc is Cody's dad innit?

bornadog
30-08-2022, 05:14 PM

Correct

Grantysghost
30-08-2022, 05:35 PM

I thought it was Clive for some unknown reason - tells you never to listen to me. I assume most people already know this, but it's nice to confirm these things!

Hotdog60
30-08-2022, 06:32 PM
On McComb it will be interesting to see what another preseason can do in the full time environment.
Its only a year so he would want to do all he can to improve on his disposal.
Happy for Garcia and McLean and that Garcia got 2 more. Raak I don't think will get any better but you never know.

chef
30-08-2022, 06:34 PM
Well that was underwhelming click of a thread.

jazzadogs
30-08-2022, 06:36 PM
I'm glad Garcia and Mclean have signed on.

1eyedog
30-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Not a 100% on why the club is using my membership money to pay McComb for another year so I might write a letter to Granty about it and get this obvious error fixed.

GVGjr
30-08-2022, 08:23 PM
Not a 100% on why the club is using my membership money to pay McComb for another year so I might write a letter to Granty about it and get this obvious error fixed.

I'm told you money won't be going his way, apparently you doubled down during the Suckling years so have some credits in the bank.

Happy Days
30-08-2022, 08:27 PM

I think McComb is paying subs and is buying at least two tickets to every club event.

Bulldog4life
31-08-2022, 04:13 PM
You can check his Twitter if you like. He's a big fan of Ron de Santis among a number of other cooked units.

Enough said.