PDA

View Full Version : Media Release: SHOCKING SECRET WESTERN BULLDOG POLLING BAD NEWS FOR BRISBANE LIONS

bulldogtragic
08-10-2022, 08:42 PM
SHOCKING EXCLUSIVE WESTERN BULLDOG POLLING BAD NEWS FOR BRISBANE LIONS

8 October 2022
8.00PM - Updated 10.30PM

For Immediate Release

With the AFL Trade Period set to finish on Wednesday, (INSERT MEDIA OUTLET), can reveal TOP SECRET private polling undertaken that will not be good reading for the Brisbane Lions or Josh Dunkley's wish to head to the Sunshine State.

Warning these poll results are SHOCKING!

With the Western Bulldogs having already committed to not agreeing to a 'lesser trade' with the Brisbane Lions for their reigning Best & Fairest Winner, it means that Josh Dunkley could be headed to the Pre Season Draft, where the first pick of North Melbourne is guaranteed to acquire his services for FREE in welcomed potential excellent news for the wooden spooners.

On Friday Western Bulldog club legend, Brad Johnson, admitted that he believed the Pre Season Draft outcome for Josh Dunkley was "the likely scenario". While influential media personality and prominent Western Bulldogs member, Mark Stevens, labelled Brisbane's negotiations as "laughable" and "farcical" on Saturday.

The hope from the Brisbane Lions and Dunkley camp was, however, that sentiment and pressure would build up within the Western Bulldogs Membership base to have the club accept any deal for fear of members backlash against the club. Comments made on Saturday from Dunkley's manager, Liam Pickering, were in line with this expectation of the Western Bulldogs getting "nothing" for Dunkley.

However, in SHOCKING new SECRET and EXCLUSIVE polling, that could change the AFL trade period, and the 2023 AFL Season, (INSERT MEDIA OUTLET) has become aware of this SECRET SHOCKING private polling undertaken on Western Bulldog members, including some considered to be club powerbrokers, other powerful and influential coterie members, player sponsors and other influential members in and around the Western Bulldogs more broadly. The private and secret polling was undertaken by a third party not officially affiliated with the Western Bulldog Football Club, and was not club sanctioned. The polling was to test club member's resolve and support for club's position on Dunkley and the Pre Season Draft.

The SHOCKING result of this secret private polling is that as of 10.30PM on Saturday night, 97.92% of these powerful Western Bulldogs members have supported the Western Bulldogs Football Club decision to secure "a fair deal, or no deal" and have Josh Dunkley headed to North Melbourne without compensation. Leaving the Western Bulldogs without compensation, but also leaving the Brisbane Lions without the star midfielder for their attempt to win their first Premiership in nearly two decades. While Josh Dunkley's career will be spent trying to help re-build the struggling North Melbourne Kangaroos, who are absolutely struggling on and off the field.

COMMENT:

The pollster has told (INSERT MEDIA OUTLET), "the strong will of Western Bulldogs members is to see 'fair compensation' in line with the club demand of either TWO First Round Selections, or, ONE First Round Selection and a player valued as a First Round Selection. This has come across loud and clear from our respondents."

"The Western Bulldogs members polled, some who have been in contact with the Western Bulldogs directly, are very strong in the belief that should a fair outcome not be reached that the trade with the Brisbane Lions that a trade must NOT be proceeded with in any circumstances. Not only were we absolutely shocked by the more than 97.9% of members agreeing with the club's stance on Dunkley, but we were further shocked by the adamant, absolute and forthright responses completely backing up the club's stance on Dunkley and the Pre Season Draft."

"This shocking poll result indicates, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Western Bulldogs Football Club Leadership and the polled Western Bulldogs Membership Base are completely unified in the stance on Josh Dunkley. With the Brisbane Lions so-called "laughable" and "farcical" trade position likely to extend to the trade deadline, it is the expectation of the polled Western Bulldog Membership Base that Josh Dunkley is all but certain to head into the Pre Season Draft and head into his first pre-season at Arden Street with in the 18th placed North Melbourne Kangaroos."

"The Western Bulldogs members will not accept anything other than a fair trade by the club for Josh Dunkley, led by club negotiators including list manager Sam Power. They support the club, literally, very nearly 100%!"

"With the Western Bulldogs Football Club Leadership, powerful sponsors and the membership base all unified in a position of 'fair deal, or no deal', without the Brisbane Lions 'ponying up' by Wednesday (as dog's coach Luke Beveridge has demanded), the odds of Josh Dunkley being a North Melbourne player in 2023 appear all but certain."

With only days remaining, the focus now turns to the Brisbane Lions and their preparedness to secure Josh Dunkley at 'market value', broadly seen along the Tim Taranto trade (Draft Selection 12 & 19) with either draft picks and/or a player. Brisbane are fast running out of time and it seems that one of the biggest trades of 2022 won't get done. Seeing the newest 'shinboner' in Josh Dunkley helping to rebuild the 2022 wooden spooners into their former glory. Josh sure does look happy at home in his new jumper.

This Press Release is available to all media outlets.

Enquire further for exclusive rights or further comment.

Grantysghost
08-10-2022, 08:46 PM
Hahaha that's brilliant BT.

jeemak
08-10-2022, 08:49 PM
You could argue that 2.7% is a statistical irrelevance.

Mitcha
08-10-2022, 08:53 PM
Tom Brown's next twitter "exclusive" right there.

Bumper Bulldogs
08-10-2022, 09:00 PM
It’s about time that the club stuck to its guns. We are the first and hopefully a few other grow a set as well

Grantysghost
08-10-2022, 09:07 PM
It’s about time that the club stuck to its guns. We are the first and hopefully a few other grow a set as well
Gold Coast did it with Martin but no one remembers or cares to be honest.

Pretty sure clubs aren’t going wow let’s treat Gold Coast differently now they are the real deal !

I think you’re all bonkers but it’s a lot of fun.

Grantysghost
08-10-2022, 09:07 PM
You could argue that 2.7% is a statistical irrelevance.
Haha I’ve been called worse.

If he walks to the PSD you can all call me whatever you want for the season. Not a snow flakes chance in hell of it happening.

hujsh
08-10-2022, 09:24 PM

Pretty sure clubs aren’t going wow let’s treat Gold Coast differently now they are the real deal !

Yeah but GCs move was literally all bluster. Jack got to Carlton. It didn't matter what GC did they were getting screwed regardless and Carlton would benefit regardless. If Jack didn't get to Carlton it might be remembered in a different light.

I wonder if given the AFL have to sign off on trades the better move might have been to lobby the AFL to help their pet project though accepting whatever Carlton offered and trying to convince the AFL behind the scenes to reject the trade. Then step 2. Then profit.

Grantysghost
08-10-2022, 09:28 PM
Yeah but GCs move was literally all bluster. Jack got to Carlton. It didn't matter what GC did they were getting screwed regardless and Carlton would benefit regardless. If Jack didn't get to Carlton it might be remembered in a different light.

I wonder if given the AFL have to sign off on trades the better move might have been to lobby the AFL to help their pet project though accepting whatever Carlton offered and trying to convince the AFL behind the scenes to reject the trade. Then step 2. Then profit.

Carlton offered two x second rounders that equated to a top 10 in points according to SOS.

Gold Coast could've traded up with those somehow, it was an insane bit of business. I'd be considering my level of support for a club that were that negligent.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-10-2022, 09:31 PM
You're in fantastic form this trade season BT!

hujsh
08-10-2022, 09:48 PM
Carlton offered two x second rounders that equated to a top 10 in points according to SOS.

Gold Coast could've traded up with those somehow, it was an insane bit of business. I'd be considering my level of support for a club that were that negligent.

I wonder how that works out/if there's some bending of truth there.

Gold Coast offered Martin and pick 15 in exchange for pick 9 and a future second-round selection from Carlton

Which makes me wonder what exactly the deal is SOS offered. I mean GC are a basket case so maybe the did turn down 2 good second round picks because they'd rather upgrade pick 15 to 9 and just get one (they always have so many that second round picks seem to have the value of toilet paper pre-covid) but it makes me think the deal isn't exactly as generous as SOS presents it.

Not that it really matters for this discussion.

Grantysghost
08-10-2022, 09:53 PM
I wonder how that works out/if there's some bending of truth there.

Which makes me wonder what exactly the deal is SOS offered. I mean GC are a basket case so maybe the did turn down 2 good second round picks because they'd rather upgrade pick 15 to 9 and just get one (they always have so many that second round picks seem to have the value of toilet paper pre-covid) but it makes me think the deal isn't exactly as generous as SOS presents it.

Not that it really matters for this discussion.

SOS was pretty candid, said they probably should've coughed up 9 but because he was injured they weren't sure he was worth it. But as you say the truth layeth in be tweeneth.

I get the posturing, it's all part of the game and in the end we will squeeze them as long as we can to get a decent offer.

Dunks picking the Lions, what a flog.

Doc26
08-10-2022, 09:57 PM
BT, it’s too obvious that this article has been edited by those from the HUN.

DOG GOD
08-10-2022, 10:01 PM
This needs to go viral BT….brilliant.

bulldogtragic
08-10-2022, 10:02 PM
BT, it’s too obvious that this article has been edited by those from the HUN.

You clicked on it right? So it’s quality editing.

This article is worth thousands for the first outlet to run it. And it’s all true. Maybe not RS photo. But still. Money for jam.

ratsmac
10-10-2022, 08:19 AM
Brilliant!!

AshMac
10-10-2022, 08:37 AM
Quality post

BornInDroopSt'54
10-10-2022, 12:48 PM
What a great club! Against the odds our significant members back the club in letting Dunkley go rather than get shafted by Lions. He who dares wins!

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 12:56 PM
What a great club! Against the odds our significant members back the club in letting Dunkley go rather than get shafted by Lions. He who dares wins!

So the others are insignificant ? ;)

bornadog
10-10-2022, 01:07 PM

Correct :D

BornInDroopSt'54
10-10-2022, 01:15 PM

GG with respect, as if the Dogs are The Suns!
Suns have the image of a basket case. It is not other clubs' respect we are seeking, it is our own respect, the Bulldogs self image that we pride.

BornInDroopSt'54
10-10-2022, 01:17 PM

Ridiculous statement not at all implicit in my statement.

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Ridiculous statement not at all implicit in my statement.

I was kidding as I was the only one that voted differently.

Happy Days
10-10-2022, 01:37 PM

Port did it with Nick Stevens the year we got Rawlings too. Then they immediately won the flag. Just saying.

Grantysghost
10-10-2022, 02:25 PM
GG with respect, as if the Dogs are The Suns!
Suns have the image of a basket case. It is not other clubs' respect we are seeking, it is our own respect, the Bulldogs self image that we pride.

It's true. They are a train wreck.

Get rid of them and give all their good players to us!

WBFC4FFC
10-10-2022, 02:44 PM
It's true. They are a train wreck.

Get rid of them and give all their good players to us!

They are on the rise the Suns.

Just getting rid of their dumb deals, which only involve fringe players.

Think they have turned the corner, as seen with Rankine going to the Crows for over $850k pa! Crows over-paying to attract home-grown talent!

F'scary
10-10-2022, 09:35 PM
Made my evening. Could have come straight from HS or even Daily Mail. I liked this so much I almost wish Dunkley ends up at norf even though we get nothing.

bulldogtragic
11-10-2022, 09:18 PM
SHOCKING EXCLUSIVE WESTERN BULLDOG POLLING BAD NEWS FOR BRISBANE LIONS

8 October 2022
8.00PM - Updated 10.30PM

For Immediate Release

With the AFL Trade Period set to finish on Wednesday, (INSERT MEDIA OUTLET), can reveal TOP SECRET private polling undertaken that will not be good reading for the Brisbane Lions or Josh Dunkley's wish to head to the Sunshine State.

Warning these poll results are SHOCKING!

With the Western Bulldogs having already committed to not agreeing to a 'lesser trade' with the Brisbane Lions for their reigning Best & Fairest Winner, it means that Josh Dunkley could be headed to the Pre Season Draft, where the first pick of North Melbourne is guaranteed to acquire his services for FREE in welcomed potential excellent news for the wooden spooners.

On Friday Western Bulldog club legend, Brad Johnson, admitted that he believed the Pre Season Draft outcome for Josh Dunkley was "the likely scenario". While influential media personality and prominent Western Bulldogs member, Mark Stevens, labelled Brisbane's negotiations as "laughable" and "farcical" on Saturday.

The hope from the Brisbane Lions and Dunkley camp was, however, that sentiment and pressure would build up within the Western Bulldogs Membership base to have the club accept any deal for fear of members backlash against the club. Comments made on Saturday from Dunkley's manager, Liam Pickering, were in line with this expectation of the Western Bulldogs getting "nothing" for Dunkley.

However, in SHOCKING new SECRET and EXCLUSIVE polling, that could change the AFL trade period, and the 2023 AFL Season, (INSERT MEDIA OUTLET) has become aware of this SECRET SHOCKING private polling undertaken on Western Bulldog members, including some considered to be club powerbrokers, other powerful and influential coterie members, player sponsors and other influential members in and around the Western Bulldogs more broadly. The private and secret polling was undertaken by a third party not officially affiliated with the Western Bulldog Football Club, and was not club sanctioned. The polling was to test club member's resolve and support for club's position on Dunkley and the Pre Season Draft.

The SHOCKING result of this secret private polling is that as of 10.30PM on Saturday night, 97.92% of these powerful Western Bulldogs members have supported the Western Bulldogs Football Club decision to secure "a fair deal, or no deal" and have Josh Dunkley headed to North Melbourne without compensation. Leaving the Western Bulldogs without compensation, but also leaving the Brisbane Lions without the star midfielder for their attempt to win their first Premiership in nearly two decades. While Josh Dunkley's career will be spent trying to help re-build the struggling North Melbourne Kangaroos, who are absolutely struggling on and off the field.

COMMENT:

The pollster has told (INSERT MEDIA OUTLET), "the strong will of Western Bulldogs members is to see 'fair compensation' in line with the club demand of either TWO First Round Selections, or, ONE First Round Selection and a player valued as a First Round Selection. This has come across loud and clear from our respondents."

"The Western Bulldogs members polled, some who have been in contact with the Western Bulldogs directly, are very strong in the belief that should a fair outcome not be reached that the trade with the Brisbane Lions that a trade must NOT be proceeded with in any circumstances. Not only were we absolutely shocked by the more than 97.9% of members agreeing with the club's stance on Dunkley, but we were further shocked by the adamant, absolute and forthright responses completely backing up the club's stance on Dunkley and the Pre Season Draft."

"This shocking poll result indicates, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the Western Bulldogs Football Club Leadership and the polled Western Bulldogs Membership Base are completely unified in the stance on Josh Dunkley. With the Brisbane Lions so-called "laughable" and "farcical" trade position likely to extend to the trade deadline, it is the expectation of the polled Western Bulldog Membership Base that Josh Dunkley is all but certain to head into the Pre Season Draft and head into his first pre-season at Arden Street with in the 18th placed North Melbourne Kangaroos."

"The Western Bulldogs members will not accept anything other than a fair trade by the club for Josh Dunkley, led by club negotiators including list manager Sam Power. They support the club, literally, very nearly 100%!"

"With the Western Bulldogs Football Club Leadership, powerful sponsors and the membership base all unified in a position of 'fair deal, or no deal', without the Brisbane Lions 'ponying up' by Wednesday (as dog's coach Luke Beveridge has demanded), the odds of Josh Dunkley being a North Melbourne player in 2023 appear all but certain."

With only days remaining, the focus now turns to the Brisbane Lions and their preparedness to secure Josh Dunkley at 'market value', broadly seen along the Tim Taranto trade (Draft Selection 12 & 19) with either draft picks and/or a player. Brisbane are fast running out of time and it seems that one of the biggest trades of 2022 won't get done. Seeing the newest 'shinboner' in Josh Dunkley helping to rebuild the 2022 wooden spooners into their former glory. Josh sure does look happy at home in his new jumper.

This Press Release is available to all media outlets.

Enquire further for exclusive rights or further comment.

It’s nice to know the WBFC Board agrees 100% with shockingly high 96.55% of their influential and powerful members.

I hope Josh is choc full of shinboner spirit. At least he won’t have to learn the North song for at least a few seasons. There’s always a silver lining in any situation.

Or offer a fair value and we all move away quietly.