PDA

View Full Version : AFLW Player Shout Out

azabob
18-10-2022, 09:32 PM
Who from our aflw team has impressed you so far this season?

For mine Alice Edmonds has been a revelation in the ruck. Fair to say one of our most consistent performers week in week out.

Kudos to the coaches making the call to back her in as first ruck and play Moody forward.

Does anyone know why Richmond let her go?

josie
18-10-2022, 09:57 PM
I like Lynch too. Been good in backline. Reliable mark.

Fitzgerald starting to show consistency too. Talented player and we need her to step up when Lamb or Blackburn are quieter.

jazzadogs
18-10-2022, 10:06 PM
Rylie Wilcox has been excellent as a debutant. Speed, skills, pressure out on the wing/half forward.

1eyedog
18-10-2022, 10:20 PM
Edmonds has been great. I like Berry as well. Inconsistent but when she plays well she has x-factor and she's tough.

Newton was a superstar early will be a great player for us.

Hotdog60
18-10-2022, 10:48 PM
I agree with Wilcox and I think Georgostathis has improved this season.

jazzadogs
18-10-2022, 10:53 PM
I agree with Wilcox and I think Georgostathis has improved this season.

I had big doubts on Georgostathis at the start of the year, but she was really good in the first season this year. Brought lots of tackling pressure and her skills have picked up noticeably. She's also only 21 - easy to forget with a lot of the women in our team that they are very young.

Hotdog60
18-10-2022, 11:01 PM
You can see that the Girls having a better pathway to the AFLW have improved the skill levels and are now out classing the early birds.

azabob
19-10-2022, 09:03 AM
I had big doubts on Georgostathis at the start of the year, but she was really good in the first season this year. Brought lots of tackling pressure and her skills have picked up noticeably. She's also only 21 - easy to forget with a lot of the women in our team that they are very young.

Wilcox is also very slight in frame but also can apply tackling pressure and is so so so skillful.