bornadog
31-10-2022, 12:16 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FgTV00qaYAERd8i?format=jpg&name=medium

SonofScray
01-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Got my tickets to vic park.

Rocco Jones
01-11-2022, 08:18 PM
Think any chance it'll sellout before Sunday?

josie
01-11-2022, 08:21 PM

Me too. Hope it’s a sellout. Should be a great atmosphere. Scenic oval.

bornadog
01-11-2022, 10:52 PM

Same here

SonofScray
02-11-2022, 06:54 PM
Think any chance it'll sellout before Sunday?

Fair chance.

Rocco Jones
02-11-2022, 07:58 PM
Any idea of parking around Vic Park?

bornadog
03-11-2022, 12:27 AM

Very difficult

SonofScray
03-11-2022, 09:09 PM

There’s a car park down the side of the ground that I’ve managed to snag a spot for a VFL game a few years ago and occasionally park there when I used to work at the community health centre up the road. Train has always been easier though, because if those spots are snapped up, parking is very limited.

bornadog
03-11-2022, 11:29 PM
https://resources.westernbulldogs.com.au/photo-resources/2022/11/03/5c9fe7a3-90b8-453b-bd7a-68c2635589e3/AFLWS7-EFOpenTraining-1920x1080-ART.jpg?width=952&height=592

josie
04-11-2022, 03:26 AM
Made a new poster this evening-keep an eye out for it. It thanks the 6 players who stayed loyal since our 2018 premiership, 5 of whom started with us in 2017, the first year of AFLW.

jazzadogs
06-11-2022, 10:38 AM
Game day!!! Perfect day for footy!
Our first finals match since we won the flag, and the Pies are good but gettable.

Dogs by 5
First goal - Newton
BOG - hard to go past Ellie in any BOG prediction...

bornadog
06-11-2022, 11:02 AM
TEAM

B: I Grant, K Lynch
HB: B Hunt, E Georgostathis, E Bennetts
C: I Pritchard, K Lamb, D Bateman
HF: H Woodley, R Cranston, S Hartwig
F: G Newton, C Moody
R: A Edmonds, E Blackburn, J Fitzgerald
Int: N Ferres, R Wilcox, D Berry, K Coyne, E Snell
Emer: A Strahan, B Vernon, N Morris-Dalton

IN: R Wilcox, K Coyne

OUT: E Brown (injured), G Lagioia (HS protocols)

BornInDroopSt'54
06-11-2022, 04:07 PM
Go Doggies, stick it up 'em.
It would make my spring to beat the Pies to our gain our rightful place as a premium team in the comp after providing the expansion clubs with captains and great players!

Hotdog60
06-11-2022, 04:32 PM
was Sabrina paddle a throw??

We are too loose atm and need to tighten up.

bornadog
06-11-2022, 04:34 PM
Skills are shocking. Bad quarter, need to lift

Bulldog Joe
06-11-2022, 04:57 PM
Collingwood are a class above our girls

jazzadogs
06-11-2022, 05:03 PM
was Sabrina paddle a throw??

We are too loose atm and need to tighten up.

I thought so. Some tough (read: garbage) interpretations of standing the mark and holding the ball as well.

Structure and ball movement was better that quarter but still a fair way off the Pies in skill and ball-handling.

bornadog
06-11-2022, 05:35 PM
Better quarter but can’t see a win here

bornadog
06-11-2022, 06:06 PM
A bit smarter play and we could have snatched that

josie
06-11-2022, 06:07 PM
Last quarter the girls showed a lot of heart. Almost stole it. Good experience for a young side. We need a few more speedsters and a bit more composure when delivering into F50 and we’ll go deeper into finals. Lynch was Herculean/Amazonian today.

Hotdog60
06-11-2022, 06:25 PM
Just lacked a bit of composure in the end as BAD mentioned we could have snatched it.
I hope Fitzgerald can have a good off season because she has all the looks of an elite player but just lacks the fitness and finish.
I wish these girl could devote full time professionalism to this sport and they could come on leaps and bounds.

Bulldog4life
06-11-2022, 07:16 PM
Just lacked a bit of composure in the end as BAD mentioned we could have snatched it.
I hope Fitzgerald can have a good off season because she has all the looks of an elite player but just lacks the fitness and finish.
I wish these girl could devote full time professionalism to this sport and they could come on leaps and bounds.

Thinking exactly the same thing about Fitzy all season. A gallant fightback though.

bornadog
06-11-2022, 07:41 PM
Last quarter the girls showed a lot of heart. Almost stole it. Good experience for a young side. We need a few more speedsters and a bit more composure when delivering into F50 and we’ll go deeper into finals. Lynch was Herculean/Amazonian today.

How was the front on bump from Lambie

jazzadogs
06-11-2022, 08:15 PM
How was the front on bump from Lambie

Had me roaring, then I thought the out of zone ump had paid a free against her for it (realised it was for the next tackle).

It's been a great season with lots of youth and development to look forward to. We only have two regular best 21 players over 30 (Rocky and Bennetts), our best players are either in their prime (Blackburn 27, Lamb 28) or young with huge output ahead of them (Lynch 22, Brown 22, Hartwig 20, Pritchard 20, Berry 24 to name a few).

We've put together a really strong list. We have filled the hardest positions with very capable players - Lynch and Brown in key defence, Edmonds and Moody in the ruck and Newton effective as a key forward. When compared to the rest of the comp, we are doing well here especially after losing Huntington and Toogood.

I think a lot of our improvement will just come from these younger players, rather than any aggressive trading. There is SO much growth in our team. I hope our draft (if there even is one) targets some speed and players with forward nous.

SonofScray
06-11-2022, 09:35 PM
They fought back hard and I think cranked some of the form from early in the season that suggested they are on the right track and should expect to be in the mix if they perform. It looked like they were just going to make up the numbers after round 5 or so, but I think we’re almost ready to put ourselves right up top.

When the pies were up, they looked far superior in every facet of the game. When we were up, we looked more ferocious and stronger in the air. Need to show the full tool bag when we have the ascendency.

In all, a positive season. Set themselves up well for a big crack in the next year or two.

bornadog
06-11-2022, 11:15 PM
Had me roaring, then I thought the out of zone ump had paid a free against her for it (realised it was for the next tackle).

It's been a great season with lots of youth and development to look forward to. We only have two regular best 21 players over 30 (Rocky and Bennetts), our best players are either in their prime (Blackburn 27, Lamb 28) or young with huge output ahead of them (Lynch 22, Brown 22, Hartwig 20, Pritchard 20, Berry 24 to name a few).

We've put together a really strong list. We have filled the hardest positions with very capable players - Lynch and Brown in key defence, Edmonds and Moody in the ruck and Newton effective as a key forward. When compared to the rest of the comp, we are doing well here especially after losing Huntington and Toogood.

I think a lot of our improvement will just come from these younger players, rather than any aggressive trading. There is SO much growth in our team. I hope our draft (if there even is one) targets some speed and players with forward nous.

They fought back hard and I think cranked some of the form from early in the season that suggested they are on the right track and should expect to be in the mix if they perform. It looked like they were just going to make up the numbers after round 5 or so, but I think we’re almost ready to put ourselves right up top.

When the pies were up, they looked far superior in every facet of the game. When we were up, we looked more ferocious and stronger in the air. Need to show the full tool bag when we have the ascendency.

In all, a positive season. Set themselves up well for a big crack in the next year or two.

Good summary fellas. Didn't realise we had three 17 year olds playing today. Future looks bright if we can hold the team together.

azabob
07-11-2022, 08:11 AM

Hopefully with all the expansion teams in the comp we no longer lose any players we want to keep.

Bulldog Joe
07-11-2022, 08:53 AM
Hopefully with all the expansion teams in the comp we no longer lose any players we want to keep.

There will continue to be pressure as they need to work or study as well until they are paid sufficiently.

Bulldog4life
07-11-2022, 10:57 AM

Gabby Newton didn't have a preseason either so it was a very good effort by her. Will only improve.

jazzadogs
07-11-2022, 11:00 AM
There will continue to be pressure as they need to work or study as well until they are paid sufficiently.

Yes our biggest risk is that one of the poor teams offers a young star (say a Gabby Newton or Katie Lynch) a higher tier contract, or (as seems to be common in AFLW) a job at their club.

The risk is definitely less now, and if we have a good environment with good facilities we should retain everyone, but it is still a risk.

bornadog
07-11-2022, 11:49 AM
Yes our biggest risk is that one of the poor teams offers a young star (say a Gabby Newton or Katie Lynch) a higher tier contract, or (as seems to be common in AFLW) a job at their club.

The risk is definitely less now, and if we have a good environment with good facilities we should retain everyone, but it is still a risk.

Would hate to lose Katie, almost our best player

jazzadogs
07-11-2022, 12:25 PM
Would hate to lose Katie, almost our best player

I haven't seen anything about season 7 All Australian but Lynch and Edmonds should be in it.

Testekill
07-11-2022, 12:40 PM
I haven't seen anything about season 7 All Australian but Lynch and Edmonds should be in it.

My best guess is that Blackburn, Lynch and Edmonds all make the squad but only Blackburn and Edmonds make the team.

Axe Man
07-11-2022, 02:21 PM
Please explain why you looked at the umpires? This has to be a joke right?

Dogs coach set to be issued with 'please explain' over umpire incident (https://www.womens.afl/news/114336?_ga=2.122490892.681173527.1667787488-207314932.1631081872)

THE AFL is likely to issue Western Bulldogs AFLW coach Nathan Burke with a "please explain" in relation to his behaviour towards umpires.

Womens.afl understands that Burke's frustrations with umpires came to a head on Sunday.

Burke coaches from the interchange bench, and his path crossed with the umpires leaving the field at the conclusion of the Dogs' five-point elimination final loss to Collingwood on Sunday.

No words were exchanged, but a pointed look was sent the umpires' way.

Burke's passionate post-match celebrations following the Dogs' last-gasp win over Carlton in round 10 – which earned a finals berth – raised a few eyebrows, hurling an object into the dugout, but womens.afl understands that isn't included in the "please explain".

At Ikon Park, the umpires' bench is between the home and away teams' benches.

bornadog
07-11-2022, 02:26 PM
Please explain why you looked at the umpires? This has to be a joke right?

Dogs coach set to be issued with 'please explain' over umpire incident (https://www.womens.afl/news/114336?_ga=2.122490892.681173527.1667787488-207314932.1631081872)

THE AFL is likely to issue Western Bulldogs AFLW coach Nathan Burke with a "please explain" in relation to his behaviour towards umpires.

Womens.afl understands that Burke's frustrations with umpires came to a head on Sunday.

Burke coaches from the interchange bench, and his path crossed with the umpires leaving the field at the conclusion of the Dogs' five-point elimination final loss to Collingwood on Sunday.

No words were exchanged, but a pointed look was sent the umpires' way.

Burke's passionate post-match celebrations following the Dogs' last-gasp win over Carlton in round 10 – which earned a finals berth – raised a few eyebrows, hurling an object into the dugout, but womens.afl understands that isn't included in the "please explain".

At Ikon Park, the umpires' bench is between the home and away teams' benches.

Good on you Burke

azabob
07-11-2022, 04:33 PM
Good on you Bourke

BAD I am issuing you with a please explain why you spelt Nathan Burke's name incorrectly?

bornadog
07-11-2022, 05:21 PM
BAD I am issuing you with a please explain why you spelt Nathan Burke's name incorrectly?

Thanks my error

Jeanette54
07-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Really, a "pointed look" is now an offense worth investigation ? Seriously, what is wrong with the world ?

The only decisions which are a mystery to me are the lack of free kicks for holding the ball, or incorrect disposal. In AFLW there appears to be a very loose interpretation of prior opportunity. In AFL if you choose to take the tackler on, that's your prior opportunity gone. So often such an incident in AFLW just results in a ball up, which only further adds to the congestion.

Hotdog60
07-11-2022, 07:28 PM
The club should send the AFLW a please explain why the umpiring is so substandard and then maybe there wouldn't be a look.

soupman
07-11-2022, 07:54 PM
Fwiw this is baffling on a number of levels, not least because I thought the umpiring had virtually no impact on that game and if anything maybe favoured us in that last quarter.

The Underdog
07-11-2022, 08:15 PM
And they say comedy is dead. Amazing stuff from the AFL.

Grantysghost
07-11-2022, 09:48 PM
Fwiw this is baffling on a number of levels, not least because I thought the umpiring had virtually no impact on that game and if anything maybe favoured us in that last quarter.

I noticed at half time Blackburn was remonstrating with the umpires I had no idea why.

bornadog
07-11-2022, 11:47 PM
I noticed at half time Blackburn was remonstrating with the umpires I had no idea why.

You mean when she was driven into the turf and no free down the ground?