PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V Brisbane Lions R3 2023 - Thursday 30 March 7:20PM, Marvel Stadium

Pages : 1 [2]

angelopetraglia
30-03-2023, 10:55 PM
Never ever in doubt.

Grantysghost
I thought Bailey Smith was huge in the last qtr.

Big tank.

BornInDroopSt'54
Look at this guy.

Look at yourself in the mirror!
EW you and we earned this win.
You deserve better.

Grantysghost
30-03-2023, 10:56 PM
Libba 8 tackles.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 10:56 PM
Marra manifested a legend as he knows he is.

whythelongface
30-03-2023, 10:57 PM

Big tank.

He did a lot of gut running. Pretty clean with the ball.

lemmon
Huge. Win on pure emotion.

EasternWest

Big tank.

He really was, I can't believe jeemak wants to trade him.

G-Mo77
Well done boys. Grinded it out for the entire game and got the chocolates. Bont with a man's game tonight, just huge!

angelopetraglia
It wasn’t pretty tonight. Just lots of guts and determination. You have to love this football club.

whythelongface
30-03-2023, 10:58 PM
Oskar Baker had a really good game. Good clean hands and good disposal.

EasternWest

He's good. I like him. And a bit of aggro too.

BornInDroopSt'54
Never ever in doubt.

Party time Angelo, fine wine, fine food with the gods.

DOG GOD
30-03-2023, 10:59 PM
Great birthday present doggies. Thank you.
Garcia ALMOST single handedly lost it. Shocking game, but Bont was insane.

angelopetraglia
30-03-2023, 11:00 PM
Tim English. Just absolutely superb all night.

macca
thats a workman like win by our team.

Took our chances when they presented and just tackeld hard and ran back to support the contest .

Really great all round team round team.

Bonts everywhere
MacRae back at his best winning possession and making it count.
Arty had energy and found ways to get the ball. Really like what I see in this young man.
JUH brilliant game with 5 goals and presented all night and let his footy do the talking.
Naughton is a freak when he grabs it.
the Backline was solid: Jones, Bruce and Keath. With Keath providing some good stoppage support for marks in the mid and wing
Baker really showed why we recruited him with his speed and knew how to get the ball.
B. Williams presented all night.
Treloar was excellent tonight he worked hard and was clean with the ball.

FrediKanoute

The kid will learn.....

whythelongface
30-03-2023, 11:01 PM
Not the prettiest win but winning ugly is grand especially against Brisbane. Bevo owned Fagan tonight. Great tactics in closing them down

angelopetraglia
30-03-2023, 11:01 PM
Party time Angelo, fine wine, fine food and an orgy.

Let’s go. Happy trip home tonight. Might be a celebration drink at home even though it’s a school night.

lemmon
30-03-2023, 11:02 PM
Ah man, so good to see Arty and Marra leading the side off. Cannot wipe the grin off my face

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 11:02 PM
Arty farty permitted us to win.
He leads us, he knows more.

angelopetraglia
30-03-2023, 11:04 PM
BTW. What was Garcia thinking. Massive brain explosion.

G-Mo77
30-03-2023, 11:06 PM
Ah man, so good to see Arty and Marra leading the side off. Cannot wipe the grin off my face

Arty really did not do a lot but that energy and enthusiasm a young player brings to the team is worth it's weight in gold. Players feed off that and was a perfect selection with the state we were in.

Go_Dogs
30-03-2023, 11:09 PM
Good to get a win.

Highlight of the night (in a weird way) getting a wave from Dale Morris in the Lions box.

Arty critical to an early goal (our first?) worth his selection. Did a few good efforts. 20 game rule but don’t regret the selection.

Liam Jones sensational.

Marra sensational

Bont sensational

Libba sensational

English sensational (aside from a few one handed marking efforts deep forward)

Ok. I’m back on board for a Dogs flag in 2023!!

Woof woof

bulldogsthru&thru
30-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Well what a great effort. Hope to see more of it. I hope this is a moment for Marra that gives him extra belief in himself. What a response from the kid.

Also bonus points for getting this win against the Lions. Every time they don't bank 4pts is a win.

KT31
30-03-2023, 11:13 PM
Great gutsy win, great night for Marra and for us to start fighting our way back into contention.

bornadog
30-03-2023, 11:14 PM
3 times he gave 50 m

Mofra
30-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Joey Danniher has to be one of the most overrated footballers. Worst field kick there to Charlie in the 4th
Cannot kick straight for goal if his life depended on it. Essendon must be relieved that his salary off their books
0.4 tonight from 7 touches

Marra - 5 kicks, 5 goals

DOG GOD
30-03-2023, 11:18 PM
The kid will learn.....
He can learn in the VFL.

Mofra
30-03-2023, 11:18 PM
Poor Sonny. Love the guy but he had a mare. You can see how badly he wants to impact

jeemak
30-03-2023, 11:19 PM
The pleasing thing about JUH's biggest games have been who they've come against, two excellent sides when we really needed them to.

It's a massive night for him. Couldn't be happier for him.

hujsh
30-03-2023, 11:20 PM

He's certainly the kind of player I'd want on the wing. Not to dis Hunter but he provides that forward momentum and kick-first mentality you'd ideally want in a winger that it's not really felt like we've had.

Testekill
30-03-2023, 11:21 PM
Baker sitting on a goal a game at the moment and led all comers for metres gained today. You'd take that for a cheap recruit picked up to fill one of our biggest holes in our list.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 11:21 PM
Did we win?

We shatit in, never headed on our own turf.
St Kilda and others share.
I am looking at moving to Docklands.

FrediKanoute
30-03-2023, 11:23 PM
He can learn in the VFL.

Sadly he wont. The difference is too great. He will get the vision replayed and analysed and told where to improve. Yeah he may go back to VFL, but to me better off backing him and saying show us what you got!

F'scary
30-03-2023, 11:24 PM
I was there. I am here

merantau
30-03-2023, 11:31 PM
Great team win. Bont led the way and we looked like a totally different side. JUH showed his character and played an outstanding game. It was a big night for the Club and the team triumphed in a hard fought game against a worthy opponent.

kruder
30-03-2023, 11:32 PM
Poor Sonny. Love the guy but he had a mare. You can see how badly he wants to impact

Lions will never win a premership with both Daniher and Hipwood in the forward line.

The scary thing for both of them, is that lobb kicked more goals combined and he had a night to forget.

Great to grid out a win!

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 11:32 PM
Treloar saying we concentrated on defence in traing this week.
BAD you knew it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
30-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Look at this guy.

It's the humility that is most striking.

josie
30-03-2023, 11:34 PM
Happy Birthday DogGod!!

Woof woof to all woofers.

Marra you ripper.

Just loved the way Naughts calmed him before his set shots.

Naughts & English?s big marks in dying few minutes were stupendous.

Baz is back baby, and his disposal was pretty good. Bont a captain?s game. Macrae Q3 enormous. Libba just being his fab self. Treloar is just class.

Impressed with some of our lesser lights eg Williams, Baker, Scott too.

Let?s bottle that spirit for next week.

jeemak
30-03-2023, 11:36 PM
Lions will never win a premership with both Daniher and Hipwood in the forward line.

The scary thing for both of them, is that lobb kicked more goals combined and he had a night to forget.

Great to grid out a win!

Lobb having a nightmare but still contributing was a great outcome. That's what we need from him.

josie
30-03-2023, 11:37 PM
3 times he gave 50 m

Garcia possibly needs to be dropped - could have cost us the game. Undisciplined. I?m a fan but he has to cut that out of his repertoire.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 11:38 PM
The FFC did itself, Charlie, Ted and John Schultz proud this day.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 11:40 PM
We need to keep Gunston under control this quarter.

Haha.

BornInDroopSt'54
30-03-2023, 11:47 PM
Ugly win but * yeah. 5 goals for Jamarra is pretty special.

I only say poetry in motion.
I'll have a rare steak thanks and a few beers after thanks.
Why not invite the team and me to a cook up?
I invite you, WOOFERS and the team to Frankston and my wood oven, vegie patch with roses whenever.

jeemak
30-03-2023, 11:47 PM
I'm still rattled by how much fitness we were able to attain in five days without doing much training.

Topdog
30-03-2023, 11:53 PM
I'm still rattled by how much fitness we were able to attain in five days without doing much training.

It's just effort and desire.

Been our biggest problem for years, we simply don't turn up very often.

Extremely pleasing viewing tonight, really cracked in and were all over Brisbane giving them no time and space.

Not going to win many scoring 67 but Marra with 5 straight was beautiful

macca
30-03-2023, 11:54 PM

Great to grid out a win!

The best thing about their lack of return is they are eating up sizable salary cap along witj Dunkley.

They already lost McStay , who is a solid player
So I hope the have a long and Premiershjpless career there

jeemak
31-03-2023, 12:00 AM

Extremely pleasing viewing tonight, really cracked in and were all over Brisbane giving them no time and space.

Trust me it was truly a tongue in cheek comment and I've been banging on about it being between the ears for multiple seasons. This team is so much more respectable, watchable and enjoyable when they just try.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-03-2023, 12:04 AM
That reporter during Marra's and Bevo's conference, calling today's game as historic!
Yes and Marra gave birth to himself with Arty quietly promising to be Arty.

Hotdog60
31-03-2023, 12:05 AM
Naughton was huge in that last 10 mins

I don't mind Sonny plays with passion still new to the game and needs a bit of time.

anfo27
31-03-2023, 12:07 AM
A lot better tonight. A whole lot more improvement needed cause it was a disaster going forward for the most part. But, just to see some desire back & intensity for the whole 4 quarters was a sight for sore eyes.

Loved Bonts game, though he was quite in the last. He's a big boy so its good to see him use it.

We can defend!!! Who would of thought!

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 12:10 AM
Arty Jones. How infectious is that energy, fantastic.

1eyedog
31-03-2023, 12:17 AM
The kid will learn.....

He won't he's way too instinctive and unfortunately not very bright. He just won't make it.

bornadog
31-03-2023, 12:19 AM
Happy BirthDay what a night

bornadog

He is really growing on me

1eyedog
Sadly he wont. The difference is too great. He will get the vision replayed and analysed and told where to improve. Yeah he may go back to VFL, but to me better off backing him and saying show us what you got!

Yeah no thanks I've seen enough.

1eyedog
31-03-2023, 12:21 AM
I only say poetry in motion.
I'll have a rare steak thanks and a few beers after thanks.
Why not invite the team and me to a cook up?
I invite you, WOOFERS and the team to Frankston and my wood oven, vegie patch with roses whenever.

Sounds like you're well and truly cooked enough.

Eastdog
31-03-2023, 12:28 AM
Really enjoyed that tonight. Just good to get some confidence back with a spirited win.

Was a great defensive game from us. We really put the effort in for the 4 quarters.

Marra was superb 5 goals. Bont had a great night. Arty Jones had a good debut and gave us heaps of excitement. That would have been a great goal had he got it in the first quarter.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
31-03-2023, 12:30 AM
What a relief

bornadog
31-03-2023, 12:32 AM
I love the way both Bruce and Liam attack the ball, very ferocious. I would hate to be standing in front of them

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 12:33 AM
Centre clearances. 12-4. Big win tonight.

Treloar 5 - Lions 4.

1eyedog
31-03-2023, 12:37 AM
Yeah Treloar beat Junks tonight he was way too smart and slick for him.

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 12:37 AM
Treloar was better than Dunkley tonight. Battle of the friends.

whythelongface
31-03-2023, 12:38 AM
I love the way both Bruce and Liam attack the ball, very ferocious. I would hate to be standing in front of them

Jones is a given but Bruce has surprised. Sure Gunston kicked 3 but thought Bruce held him for good chunks of the game as well as getting a bit of the ball

SonofScray
31-03-2023, 12:44 AM
Appreciated the significant lift in intensity and physicality in our game tonight. Not convinced it tells us anything we didn?t already know, and it might in fact expose how vulnerable Brisbane are. They looked slow and stagnant, much like we have. If this was boxing, the old adage of ?styles make fights? probably applies here.

Jamarra wins that off his boot, with Bont having a superb game and Naughty competing really well when the game was on the line. Macrae a decent lift, but I still can see room for him to tidy up. Treloar seemed to give us plenty.

Silly stuff from Garcia with the 50s but I feel like it was coming from a place of positive intent, room for him to grow and mature a bit in how he presents that aggro and shithousery.

Important win.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-03-2023, 12:59 AM
Great to see our spirit on full display. That's all we wanted tonight as a bare minimum and they delivered.

We were very good defensively. Jones and Richards were tremendous, but it was a whole of team approach. I liked we turned it into a dour affair, we needed to get dirty and fight our way out of this.

We look far better with our ball movement having JJ, Richards and Dale in D50. The latter really needs to find better form though.

Still plenty of areas to work on, and I'm a bit concerned at how Naughton and Lobb look physically although the former came to life late.

Proud of Marra, that showed a lot of character. Really memorable moments.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-03-2023, 01:05 AM
Centre clearances. 12-4. Big win tonight.

Treloar 5 - Lions 4.

As Julius Sumner asked, how is it so?
After the 1st 2 weeks.

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 01:08 AM
After the 1st 2 weeks.

Against a formidable midfield with Neale and Dunkley in there too.

whythelongface
31-03-2023, 01:10 AM
Naughton was better when Lobb was off. It will be interesting to see how this works in the future. Do we persist with the three talls in attack?

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 01:13 AM
Naughton was better when Lobb was off. It will be interesting to see how this works in the future. Do we persist with the three talls in attack?

I would like to see Weightman and Jones there for pressure. Too many times tonight we had three talls and no one at their feet.

GVGjr
31-03-2023, 01:14 AM
After the 1st 2 weeks.

Minor point but wasn't it "Why is it so?"

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 01:16 AM
Oskar Baker. Wasn't too excited with him joining the club. But he proved me wrong tonight. He had the most metres gained tonight with 611m. Bont second with 543m. Also seven score involvements which was the most for the Dogs.

He has good pace and acceleration and is a penetrating kick. Also like the energy that he brings. You have to say on what we saw tonight, he is brining a lot more than Lachie Hunter did in recent years.

Added bonus. How good was his goal when he sold the candy and finished with a flawless snap. Brilliant.

kruder
31-03-2023, 01:38 AM
Just wanted to praise Josh Bruce, coming off a knee late last year he was so far off the pace it wasn't funny. He is moving really well atm, in ripping condition and playing a significant role down back. Our tall defenders looked the best they have for a long time, really promising signs.

I am a little curious considering the condition he is in on how he would go forward, but for now is a lock for best 22 down back.

BornInDroopSt'54
31-03-2023, 02:02 AM
Sounds like you're well and truly cooked enough.

What an incredibly ungracious response .
No to you pal.
We may have Dogs and teaching English in common but I disown any connection to you.

MrMahatma
31-03-2023, 02:14 AM
Yeah no thanks I've seen enough.

Disagree. A few moments he?d like back but his contest was good. Should play next week. Will learn.

MrMahatma
31-03-2023, 02:16 AM
Oskar Baker. Wasn't too excited with him joining the club. But he proved me wrong tonight. He had the most metres gained tonight with 611m. Bont second with 543m. Also seven score involvements which was the most for the Dogs.

He has good pace and acceleration and is a penetrating kick. Also like the energy that he brings. You have to say on what we saw tonight, he is brining a lot more than Lachie Hunter did in recent years.

Added bonus. How good was his goal when he sold the candy and finished with a flawless snap. Brilliant.

Good tackles. Kicked it loooong! Sold more candy than should be legal. Happy with him in the team. Very happy.

FrediKanoute
31-03-2023, 02:36 AM

But we are going to win most games if we can keep the opposition from scoring. 7 Goals the Lions kicked tonight.

G-Mo77
31-03-2023, 05:02 AM
Not feeling as tired as I thought I would. If it was a loss I'm sure I wouldn't have slept and feel worse today.

Lot's to like about last night. The consistent pressure over the entire game was outstanding. This is the measuring stick now. I thought Bont was immense and tackling and pressure from him as well was the best I have seen from him. Sure offensively he's been on display a lot but I don't think I've seen him that aggressive without ball in hand. It certainly was a captains type game and led the charge for our team. Man I wish he kicked that goal in the 3rd, I reckon the flood gates would have opened after that.

Forward of the ball we struggled. I'm not sure what to do with Lobb, Naughton looked better when he was not there. I do think he's still injured and probably should not have played. I didn't watch Freo that much but he seemed to play higher when he played against us and took marks around 40 - 50m out not in deeper. He got 2 goals but right now it seems a little off. I think we need to persist with it if he's healthy. We have to get better up forward.

Very happy with that win though, it proves nothing if we come out like slugs next week. The bar is set defensively now and have to buy into that every week and we'll be OK.

merantau
31-03-2023, 08:11 AM
Jamarra's performance last night was one for the ages. Under immense pressue he played a sensational game and made the point that sadly, - 30 years after Nicky Winmar, 8?? years after Adam Goodes - still has to be made: racism has no place, anywhere. Full stop.

In probably the most high pressure home and away game the Club has played in the Bevo era, the players responded magnificently and our captain led from the front - he made Marco Polo look like a cave-dwelling hermit. He was an irresistible force.
We had so many good players across the lines. Kudos to Bevo. Whatever he did during the week turned things on their head. All doubters should take a chill pill. I am absolutely convinced that we won't see anyone horrendous performances this year.

D Mitchell
31-03-2023, 08:31 AM
Post match Chris Fagen That’s a fair reason why the Dogs won they were able to win the Dogs won they were able to win the contested ball when it went inside 50. Music to my ears.

Happy Days
31-03-2023, 09:24 AM
I don’t know if that soothes any concerns about our forward structure, ball movement or game style but it definitely does for any concerns about the players’ heart. Some of the efforts from Bont, Macrae and Keath (?) in particular were stirring stuff.

Jasper
31-03-2023, 09:31 AM
Post match Chris Fagen That?s a fair reason why the Dogs won they were able to win the Dogs won they were able to win the contested ball when it went inside 50. Music to my ears.

You could see we were up for a scrap last night and it makes all of the difference.

Jasper
31-03-2023, 09:32 AM
Is Daniher the biggest tease in the AFL?

bornadog
31-03-2023, 09:32 AM
I don’t know if that soothes any concerns about our forward structure, ball movement or game style but it definitely does for any concerns about the players’ heart. Some of the efforts from Bont, Macrae and Keath (?) in particular were stirring stuff.

Keath (21 disposals, 7 marks) was everywhere in the backline, one of his better games. I thought his last quarter was very good when Brisbane were constantly attacking.

Brisbane also went in with a three pronged tall attack, and our guys held them off. Yes Gunston got three - 1 from a dubious free kick (apparently prior op only exists sometimes), and two from beautiful leads that are hard to stop.

bornadog
31-03-2023, 09:33 AM

I would be disappointed in his performance if he was playing for us.

jeemak
31-03-2023, 09:34 AM
I don?t know if that soothes any concerns about our forward structure, ball movement or game style but it definitely does for any concerns about the players? heart. Some of the efforts from Bont, Macrae and Keath (?) in particular were stirring stuff.

I think we can all live with the forward structure taking a bit of time to work out and settle, and even with last night's difficulties we still managed eight goals from our three tall forwards - with two either struggling to compete or kick at goal effectively.

Marra won't kick five every week, but he did last night when we needed him to while we're still adjusting and as we adapt I'm hopeful one of the others will pop up for a few when needed. As Cody comes back into the the fold we'll need to continue to keep working out how best to shape up but that's OK. As long as we compete like we did last night or as close to it as possible we'll stay in games and give ourselves a chance.

Jeanette54
31-03-2023, 09:42 AM
The FFC did itself, Charlie, Ted and John Schultz proud this day.

Tim's big, calm grab in the back pocket in the last quarter, took me back to the 60's, and the days of Johnny Schultz. For a moment there, I was a kid at Western Oval again.

EasternWest
31-03-2023, 09:44 AM

Not any more. Now I just think he's not actually that good.

hujsh
31-03-2023, 11:00 AM

Doesn't that say it all? He didn't have a lot of disposals (18) but did have a lot of kicks (17) so he wasn't just handballing around in a circle but acting as the link between defence and attack, moving the ball forward so we have an actual chance to score. A good influence to have in this team that has a habit of treading water with it's ball movement

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 11:16 AM
Doesn't that say it all? He didn't have a lot of disposals (18) but did have a lot of kicks (17) so he wasn't just handballing around in a circle but acting as the link between defence and attack, moving the ball forward so we have an actual chance to score. A good influence to have in this team that has a habit of treading water with it's ball movement

100%. Agree. Well said.

Grantysghost
31-03-2023, 11:17 AM

His metres gained was huge. 600+

azabob
31-03-2023, 11:31 AM
What a brilliant night at the footy.

Marcus Bontempelli - I think they call that a captains game... played like a man possessed. He was hard, ruthless at the contest. He gave away free kicks but was for all the right reasons if that makes sense. In the third when he kicked a point, I was certain that was a goal. He literally put the team on his back and said follow me boys.

Adam Treloar was huge, he belongs in the centre square in the starting rotations. Should've kicked a goal or two.

Jackson Macrae a really really good solid game. His hardness at the contest and man again was back. He's hungry again.

Oscar Baker is a good kick and makes good decisions. The goal he kicked was an element of luck, but the kick he pulled off where Lobb marked one on one in the third was a thing of beauty.

Credit to Bailey Smith, he ran and ran and from the naked eye used the ball well. **check stats 89% effiency**. Its all about care factor Bailey. Please care more for the rest of the season. Not as many meters gained but he seemed to be the link man or switch kick last night.

Aaron Naughton had a quiet few quarters but took attention away from JUH and helped him get off the leash. I'm not sure Naughton has played a better quarter of football than his fourth quarter? FFS, play him as the high forward and let him use his athletic ability to go beast mode and dominate.

JUH - not much I can say, he did all the talking last night. What a superstar performance.

Tim English mark in the fourth quarter was huge, he recognised the moment and drifted into the contest and wanted it more than anyone else. I'm extremely harsh on Tim, he is now a big man he needs to use his physical size a lot more.

The run and quick ball movement was back. Subtle shifts of having Dale, JJ and Richards back there, with Keath looking to be more attacking definitely helped. Still **gulp** moments when either Bruce, Jones or Keath have the ball in hand though.

That sets the tone for the remainder of the year. No excuses boys.

#BeMoreBulldog

Bulldog4life
31-03-2023, 11:41 AM
Lobb having a nightmare but still contributing was a great outcome. That's what we need from him.

Yep 2 goals a game and keeping the brute backmen off Marra is doing his job plus 2nd ruck too.

Bulldog4life
31-03-2023, 11:42 AM
Garcia possibly needs to be dropped - could have cost us the game. Undisciplined. I?m a fan but he has to cut that out of his repertoire.

He was over keen. He'll come good.

Bulldog4life
31-03-2023, 11:44 AM
The best thing about their lack of return is they are eating up sizable salary cap along witj Dunkley.

They already lost McStay , who is a solid player
So I hope the have a long and Premiershjpless career there

Their first pick in the draft is looking tasty. Keep it up Brissie.

lemmon
31-03-2023, 11:46 AM

He's got a bit of attitude to his game as well, which I think this side lacks sometimes. Doesn't mind some lip, gets into opposition, sticks his head over the footy and will go inside the contest when needed.

Grantysghost
31-03-2023, 11:56 AM
Their first pick in the draft is looking tasty. Keep it up Brissie.

We need a thread to keep track of it.

Currently pick 7 in the *echo on* SUPER DRAFT!

Danjul
31-03-2023, 11:57 AM
Heard someone say he is their new favourite player.

positions himself well, uses the ball well, etc. Great pick up.

Grantysghost
31-03-2023, 12:08 PM

Melbourne fans were a bit unsure about letting him go.
Hunter is 28, Baker 24 I'm happy with the result at this stage.
Kicks goals too!

Danjul
31-03-2023, 12:33 PM
Melbourne fans were a bit unsure about letting him go.
Hunter is 28, Baker 24 I'm happy with the result at this stage.
Kicks goals too!
Noticed that he positions himself well when the ball is in our forward line. When it?s deep in the pocket he finds space for a safer kick at goal. Usually ignored but it is an option for improvement of the forward line.

(Only JUH can ignore him, such delightful kicking skills- should get a second job as Naughton?s kicking coach)

Happy Days
31-03-2023, 12:37 PM
We need a thread to keep track of it.

Currently pick 7 in the *echo on* SUPER DRAFT!

I thought I started this.

Oh my god am I the new Axe Man.

hujsh
31-03-2023, 12:37 PM

He definitely seems like a player you'd like (if you don't already). I recall you advocating for the team shifting the kick to handball ratio in the kick direction more often and he certain delivers that.

Axe Man
31-03-2023, 12:45 PM
I thought I started this.

Oh my god am I the new Axe Man.

Haha, I thought there was a thread on our Brisbane draft pick too but I can't find it. Must have disappeared into the same Bermuda Triangle the Contract Thread resides in.

angelopetraglia
31-03-2023, 01:11 PM

Yes. He was AA in 2017 when he kicked 65 goals and looked like he could be anything.

Outside of that season. He has never kicked more than 46 goals in a season. He is now in his 12th season. He has never kicked more than six goals in a game and has only done that twice. He has actually only ever kicked five goals in a game or more only six times in his career.

For context. Tony Locked kicked five goals in a game 145 times. Lance Franklin has done it 74 times.

He just ain't that good.

Smads57
31-03-2023, 01:56 PM
Wonder whether Oskar (Bakes) had a point to prove - pretty sure he was in the Brisbane Academy but not selected by them. Only 'Brissy' born boy on our list.

Like others have noted, was great to see him actually kick the ball (and kick it well)!

The Underdog
31-03-2023, 02:41 PM
Yes. He was AA in 2017 when he kicked 65 goals and looked like he could be anything.

Outside of that season. He has never kicked more than 46 goals in a season. He is now in his 12th season. He has never kicked more than six goals in a game and has only done that twice. He has actually only ever kicked five goals in a game or more only six times in his career.

For context. Tony Locked kicked five goals in a game 145 times. Lance Franklin has done it 74 times.

He just ain't that good.

Marra has kicked 5 in a game twice now :cool:

bornadog
31-03-2023, 03:08 PM
Have a look how far JJ runs

https://youtu.be/WoMiTzz7oxI

EasternWest
31-03-2023, 03:19 PM
Have a look how far JJ runs

https://youtu.be/WoMiTzz7oxI

He was pretty good last night.

Danjul
31-03-2023, 03:51 PM
Marra has kicked 5 in a game twice now :cool:
And In less than 10 games.

Danjul
31-03-2023, 03:58 PM
He definitely seems like a player you'd like (if you don't already). I recall you advocating for the team shifting the kick to handball ratio in the kick direction more often and he certain delivers that.
Yes I have been impressed. He seems to anticipate the play well and uses space so that his disposals are not under pressure. This often results in those further up the ground being more productive.

DOG GOD
31-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Happy Birthday DogGod!!

Woof woof to all woofers.

Marra you ripper.

Just loved the way Naughts calmed him before his set shots.

Naughts & English?s big marks in dying few minutes were stupendous.

Baz is back baby, and his disposal was pretty good. Bont a captain?s game. Macrae Q3 enormous. Libba just being his fab self. Treloar is just class.

Impressed with some of our lesser lights eg Williams, Baker, Scott too.

Let?s bottle that spirit for next week.

Thank you so much Josie.

DOG GOD
31-03-2023, 05:21 PM
Happy BirthDay what a night

Yep, fantastic birthday after all haha

jeemak
01-04-2023, 01:05 AM
Just watching the replay on Fox and the lead up interview with Johnno and Bevo (I feel like a genuine media insider by using "o's" with their names) contained an amazing sledge when it came to a question about Dosh Junkley.

Johnno - what plans will you have for Junkley?
Bevo - it's interesting because when we've played Brisbane the last couple of times we'd asked Dosh to tag Neale for us.

Outstanding given the last time we played Brisbane Neale had 33 and the time before that he had 28!

Happy Days
01-04-2023, 01:08 AM
Just watching the replay on Fox and the lead up interview with Johnno contained an amazing sledge when it came to a question about Dosh Junkley.

Johnno - what plans will you have for Junkley?
Bevo - it's interesting because when we've played Brisbane the last couple of times we'd asked Dosh to tag Neale for us.

Outstanding.

My big takeaway from that pregame was Bevo making Johnno look genuinely key position sized by comparison.

jeemak
01-04-2023, 01:09 AM
My big takeaway from that pregame was Bevo making Johnno look genuinely key position sized by comparison.

Well you're your own level mate and it's great.

Happy Days
01-04-2023, 01:11 AM
Well you're your own level mate and it's great.

Did Bevo actually not shake Dunks’ hand post game or was it just my mates in the group chat being dickheads? Didn’t actually see anything about it anywhere else.

jeemak
01-04-2023, 01:30 AM
Did Bevo actually not shake Dunks’ hand post game or was it just my mates in the group chat being dickheads? Didn’t actually see anything about it anywhere else.

I'm a chat bot. I have no reference or understanding of this query.

jeemak
01-04-2023, 01:32 AM
Arty's best effort in the first quarter was the run he did after switching to Baker to get on the end of a loose ball and taking that shot on goal which hit the post.

He covered 75m in the time it took Baker to gather, stall for a few moments, kick to the flank. Amazing running.

jeemak
01-04-2023, 02:10 AM
Libba's kick to the opposition/ nothing was actually awesome in how nobody is worried about it.

jeemak
01-04-2023, 02:12 AM
If all clubs band together we can get the AFL to crack down on McInerney's throwing of the ball/ hack handballs and present a free kick.

kruder
01-04-2023, 11:16 AM
How to people view us having a forward to go up at the stoppage and allowing in this case multiple times Harris Andrews a spare in defence? Harris is back in form thought he was excellent.

Finally we have some tall forwards but they were out numbered all night long, I would love this group get some more one on one opportunities going forward.

GVGjr
01-04-2023, 11:23 AM
How to people view us having a forward to go up at the stoppage and allowing in this case multiple times Harris Andrews a spare in defence? Harris is back in form thought he was excellent.

Finally we have some tall forwards but they were out numbered all night long, I would love this group get some more one on one opportunities going forward.

I think Lobb should have gone to him and tried to do his best in stopping him marking the ball.

Bulldog4life
01-04-2023, 12:27 PM

Johno played full forward HD.:D

Happy Days
01-04-2023, 12:39 PM
Johno played full forward HD.:D

Needed Bevo around to stand next to him in 2008 to get the media off our backs.

D Mitchell
02-04-2023, 01:02 AM
What a brilliant night at the footy....
Tim English mark in the fourth quarter was huge, he recognised the moment and drifted into the contest and wanted it more than anyone else. ....

Dempseyesque.

Go_Dogs
02-04-2023, 08:33 AM
I think Lobb should have gone to him and tried to do his best in stopping him marking the ball.

Yes, he was often lining up on a small at the 6/6/6 and then the small would peel up and he?d zone and read. Took a number of great intercept marks. We didn?t seem too interested in making him take a different match up though, we were willing to take it.

GVGjr
02-04-2023, 09:14 AM
Yes, he was often lining up on a small at the 6/6/6 and then the small would peel up and he?d zone and read. Took a number of great intercept marks. We didn?t seem too interested in making him take a different match up though, we were willing to take it.

We were certainly willing to accept it but on occasions we have used a player like Schache in that negating role and I thought given Lobb was clearly struggling while Andrews was dominating we could have given it a try.

Grantysghost
03-04-2023, 04:39 PM
Aflca votes:

PLAYER (CLUB)
10 Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
7 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (WB)
7 Harris Andrews (BL)
3 Lachie Neale (BL)
2 Tim English (WB)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)

LEADERBOARD:

20 Luke Davies-Uniacke NMFC
20 Jordan De Goey COLL
18 Nick Daicos COLL
17 Tim Kelly WCE
16 Mason Wood STK
15 Darcy Parish ESS
15 Callum Wilkie STK
14 Marcus Bontempelli WB
13 Harris Andrews BL
13 Izak Rankine ADEL
12 Toby Greene GWS
12 Clayton Oliver MELB
12 Christian Petracca MELB
12 Matt Rowell GCFC
12 Luke Ryan FRE
11 Jeremy Cameron GEEL
11 Nick Larkey NMFC
11 Jake Lever MELB
11 Callum Mills SYD
11 Mason Redman ESS

jeemak
03-04-2023, 08:41 PM
Pretty emphatic.

Great night all round. Bont BOG, Dunkley not in the coaches votes. Fantastic.

bornadog
07-04-2023, 07:58 PM
What a sook

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtE77lMaQAE3YlN?format=jpg&name=large

Grantysghost
07-04-2023, 08:12 PM
He wanted what Adz got from pies fans.

Booing is dumb, however so is he if he thought he was not going to be.

EasternWest
07-04-2023, 08:55 PM
Slams!

jeemak
07-04-2023, 08:58 PM
Slams!

It was an emphatic slamming. The club will be reeling after it, reeling I say!

Grantysghost
07-04-2023, 09:57 PM
Slams!

Angry Dunkley hits back at haters after Dogs disrespect.

Click.

Grantysghost
07-04-2023, 09:58 PM
It was an emphatic slamming. The club will be reeling after it, reeling I say!

Hopefully there's a response. Where's KWW is she even a human?

bornadog
07-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Hopefully there's a response. Where's KWW is she even a human?

I don't think it is appropriate to respond.

Hotdog60
07-04-2023, 11:28 PM
All ex-players cop all the time it why should he be any different.
McStay cop it as well from the Brisbane fans.
Dunkley needs to get over it he could have stay and remain a hero but he decided to be the villain.

Grantysghost
07-04-2023, 11:35 PM

I apologise it's my terrible sense of humour bad.

I need to give you a signal so you don't take me seriously.

Actually every post just imagine there's a winky emoji ;)

bulldogsthru&thru
07-04-2023, 11:37 PM
Is he referring to the booing or other things said by some fans?

If he can't cop the booing that is one thing, but abuse is uncalled for.

jeemak
08-04-2023, 01:07 AM

I think GG was joking.

Sedat
08-04-2023, 01:14 PM
Slams!
As slams go, that was vanilla, beige and flavourless

EasternWest
08-04-2023, 04:55 PM
As slams go, that was vanilla, beige and flavourless

A slim slam you might say.

A slam lacking in personality or joie de vivre.

We call that slam "doing a Junkley".