PDA

View Full Version : WB Game Day V Geelong R24 2023 Sat 26/8, 7:25PM - GMHBA Stadium

Pages : [1] 2

Eastdog
25-12-2022, 09:15 PM
Margin:
First goal:
Best on ground:

Eastdog
24-08-2023, 08:22 PM
Margin: Bulldogs by 7 points - give ourselves one last chance and be relying on the Blues winning against GWS to make it.

First goal: Jamarra Ugle Hagan

Best on ground: Marcus Bontempelli

bornadog
24-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Dogs by 25

First Goal Weightman

BOG Bont

DOG GOD
24-08-2023, 08:31 PM
Geel by 7

1st goal - weightman
Bog - libba

chef
24-08-2023, 09:02 PM
Dogs by 48
First goal Bont
BOG Libba

angelopetraglia
24-08-2023, 09:34 PM
We have been backed into $1.58 favourites. Shortening by the day.

Mantis
24-08-2023, 09:48 PM
We have been backed into $1.58 favourites. Shortening by the day.

I wouldn't be backing us with stolen money.

1eyedog
24-08-2023, 09:54 PM
The Blues look serious about Sunday night.

DOG GOD
24-08-2023, 10:05 PM
Probably coz they’d rather play us haha

bulldogsthru&thru
24-08-2023, 10:05 PM

They should know better than anyone not to mess with form.

SonofScray
24-08-2023, 11:13 PM
Dogs by 24
First goal WEIGHTMAN
BOG LIBBA

bornadog
24-08-2023, 11:42 PM
Dogs by 24
First goal WEIGHTMAN
BOG LIBBA

You were right last week, so hope this week is correct as well

MrMahatma
24-08-2023, 11:51 PM
Dogs by 105
BOG Naughton
First goal Naughton
Next 4 goals Naughton

Gonna be one for the ages!

jeemak
25-08-2023, 12:04 AM
Would this be the first supporters forum in history to go into meltdown if we made finals?

josie
25-08-2023, 12:22 AM
Dogs by 105
BOG Naughton
First goal Naughton
Next 4 goals Naughton

Gonna be one for the ages!

I’ll have whatever Mr Mahatma’s having…make that a double.

1eyedog
25-08-2023, 12:36 AM
Would this be the first supporters forum in history to go into meltdown if we made finals?

I mean I'll be pretty bummed if we win this week and the Blues pay it forward for us and we are subjected to another week of eker us bumbling around the G in another EF shit show. Sure.

jeemak
25-08-2023, 01:35 AM
I mean I'll be pretty bummed if we win this week and the Blues pay it forward for us and we are subjected to another week of eker us bumbling around the G in another EF shit show. Sure.

In the years of the final five and twelve teams you needed to be in the top ~42% to make finals. Now in the years of the final eight with eighteen teams, making it means you need to be in the top ~44%. Not a lot of difference and even if it seems bumbling it's still a reflection of where you are in the scheme of things.

With a ridiculous fixture that is so full of noise making finals in this day and age is actually a really good achievement. It might not be the one you want, but it is what it is.

But unlike other competitions that have even draws, the fixture makes the first couple of weeks of finals a bit unpredictable and offers teams the chance to play some good football at the pointy end and extend what they've shown in the regular/ home and away season. And we should be wanting that for our club.

I'm not kidding myself about how disappointing this season has been, however, I do think we have shown enough to finish the season in the finals and good enough to win a final - if we can get it together. The second half of the season has been a downer, though I'd consider any success over the next few weeks a massive positive and something to launch from.

Mantis
25-08-2023, 08:08 AM

If we make it, we make it …such a roller coaster of a season and it’s worn me (and many others) out.

We’re no where near where we should be, but after Rd.2 it’s probably as expected.

bornadog
25-08-2023, 09:58 AM
We will win this week, but I am betting so will GWS.

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 10:05 AM
We will win this week, but I am betting so will GWS.

The bookies will give you $3.50 for that occurrence.

bornadog
25-08-2023, 10:11 AM
The bookies will give you $3.50 for that occurrence.

Pretty good odds

Bulldog Joe
25-08-2023, 10:25 AM
If we make it, we make it …such a roller coaster of a season and it’s worn me (and many others) out.

We’re no where near where we should be, but after Rd.2 it’s probably as expected.

Actually considering where we were at the end of round 2, it is remarkable that we are this close.

However, if you take your line as round 10 it is disgraceful that a win this week is not to guarantee top 4.

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 10:39 AM
I can't see us breaking the hoodoo on current form. I'm really surprised so many are thinking we will win this.

Beating the premiers on their home ground where we haven't won for 20 years to make finals! Nice Bulldogs, nice.

Cats are depleted however I still think they're stronger than WCE.

Cats by 20
BOG Brownlow Bont
FG Marra

Danny the snakeman
25-08-2023, 12:03 PM
I hope the players have more enthusiasm that Bevo did at his press conference or were stuffed.

jeemak
25-08-2023, 12:23 PM
I hope the players have more enthusiasm that Bevo did at his press conference or were stuffed.

I watched the video at 1.25 speed and he seemed really buoyant.

Mantis
25-08-2023, 12:34 PM

It was the most uninspired Bevo has sounded this campaign... the year we have had has certainly worn on him and only Bevo knows if he has the fire in the belly to go again but based on his demeanor over the past 4-6 weeks, I have my doubts.

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 12:40 PM

The club app just told me it's game day - tap for all the info ahead of tonight's massive clash against the cats.

I hope someone tells the players about the change!

ledge
25-08-2023, 12:42 PM
It was the most uninspired Bevo has sounded this campaign... the year we have had has certainly worn on him and only Bevo knows if he has the fire in the belly to go again but based on his demeanor over the past 4-6 weeks, I have my doubts.

Yeah the last two weeks were extremely puzzling . His body language or speech doesn’t seem to match a coach who should be up and about for a big game . Something is up . Seems to have changed the week Smithy was released from coaching.
Is there a correlation ? I don’t know but something changed that week in enthusiasm

Grantysghost
25-08-2023, 01:12 PM

I just watched it, boy he did seem flat.

He's going to talk to the boys and identify with the power in the room? He's finally taken my advice and is harnessing the powers of the occult.

G-Mo77
25-08-2023, 01:12 PM

He sounded sick.

SonofScray
25-08-2023, 01:13 PM
Probably should keep a lid on my thoughts, acknowledging I don’t have any facts and it’s a sensitive topic, but going to put it out there regardless.

Looked like a man holding back tears at times in the 2min clip I saw. I hope he is OK and gets some rest in at some point, when I zoom out and think about the different flashpoints across his tenure where I’ve been filthy with him, or concerned, or disappointed, I feel like I am seeing a pattern consistent with the experience of burn out.

If he is where I suspect he might be at in terms of fatigue, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone and honestly, would rather he stepped aside for his own health and well-being as much as my own desires for us as an organisation. Now, again, I realise that’s a big if and I could be reaching.

Onto the actual game:

I get the posters that are dreading the idea of a win, what a strange and disheartening feeling to have as a fan. I was there a few days ago too, but the game is about winning flags and to win a flag you need to win finals, to win finals you need to make finals. There’s a chance we make finals still, so I want us to win and keep that pathway open.

jeemak
25-08-2023, 01:16 PM
He sounded sick.

Agreed.

angelopetraglia
25-08-2023, 01:57 PM
Yes. Agree. Sounded sick.

Mofra
25-08-2023, 02:03 PM
Probably should keep a lid on my thoughts, acknowledging I don’t have any facts and it’s a sensitive topic, but going to put it out there regardless.

Looked like a man holding back tears at times in the 2min clip I saw. I hope he is OK and gets some rest in at some point, when I zoom out and think about the different flashpoints across his tenure where I’ve been filthy with him, or concerned, or disappointed, I feel like I am seeing a pattern consistent with the experience of burn out.

If he is where I suspect he might be at in terms of fatigue, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone and honestly, would rather he stepped aside for his own health and well-being as much as my own desires for us as an organisation. Now, again, I realise that’s a big if and I could be reaching.

Onto the actual game:

I get the posters that are dreading the idea of a win, what a strange and disheartening feeling to have as a fan. I was there a few days ago too, but the game is about winning flags and to win a flag you need to win finals, to win finals you need to make finals. There’s a chance we make finals still, so I want us to win and keep that pathway open.
1. I agree - Bevo needs a full break from anything football.

2. I still want to win. Winning is good. The draft is a crap-shoot, a winning culture is not. 'Try your guts out to get over the line' should be our mantra at all times.

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 02:19 PM

I dunno mate, even on my flattest days I'd think about the guaranteed 600-800 K locked away for the next few years and somehow find the energy to press on.

I might need to guillotine myself, but I'd press on.

Edit: I just realised this might read as some kind of commentary on suicide and I apologise if it comes across that way. I'm more referencing my "eat the rich" general stance while acknowledging the hypocrisy of wishing I had Bevo's pay.

bornadog
25-08-2023, 02:25 PM
I dunno mate, even on my flattest days I'd think about the guaranteed 600-800 K locked away for the next few years and somehow find the energy to press on.

I might need to guillotine myself, but I'd press on.

Edit: I just realised this might read as some kind of commentary on suicide and I apologise if it comes across that way. I'm more referencing my "eat the rich" general stance while acknowledging the hypocrisy of wishing I had Bevo's pay.

Bevo is feeling the pressure from non stop articles, abuse by fans, radio, TV and of course the possibility of missing finals after some miserable games.

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 02:50 PM
Bevo is feeling the pressure from non stop articles, abuse by fans, radio, TV and of course the possibility of missing finals after some miserable games.

I accept all that - regardless of how much money you have, pressure is still pressure.

That being said, I'd rather feel the pressure and have the cash filled pillows to comfort me.

Rocco Jones
25-08-2023, 02:53 PM
I accept all that - regardless of how much money you have, pressure is still pressure.

That being said, I'd rather feel the pressure and have the cash filled pillows to comfort me.

I think I would be very aligned with your political/social beliefs, but yes, rich people have mental health issues too. I believe opting out of empathy for someone's mental health based on certain (possibly perceived) privliedges is a very slippery slope. I will end my sermon for today there.

mjp
25-08-2023, 02:54 PM

Let's not kid ourselves - he isn't reading the papers, listening to the radio or watching the tv.

The pressure is internal and results based.

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 02:55 PM
I think I would be very aligned with your political/social beliefs, but yes, rich people have mental health issues too. I believe opting out of empathy for someone's mental health based on certain (possibly perceived) privliedges is a very slippery slope. I will end my sermon for today there.

I'm not opting out. The opposite. I'm acknowledging it.

But I get what you're saying.

Rocco Jones
25-08-2023, 02:56 PM
I'm not opting out. The opposite. I'm acknowledging it.

But I get what you're saying.

Oh yeah, I realised that but it didn't suit the rest of my sermon/rant.

EasternWest
25-08-2023, 02:57 PM
Oh yeah, I realised that but it didn't suit the rest of my sermon/rant.

Ice T man you alright.

Rocco Jones
25-08-2023, 02:58 PM
Let's not kid ourselves - he isn't reading the papers, listening to the radio or watching the tv.

Or it isn't just external. External pressure with genuine internal support = okay. External pressure with (at best) awkward shallow support= yuck.

hujsh
25-08-2023, 03:51 PM

There is a way to help these people. Take away some of their money. Seriously it does at a certain point mess with people's brains when they have too much money/power.

If you have an hour I enjoy this YT channel who did an episode on them and, by my judgement, seem to be pretty well researched on what they claim as facts/research and point out the limitations of their own stance at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2EKTCngiM&ab_channel=SomeMoreNews

bornadog
25-08-2023, 03:54 PM

I know he would steer clear from all that, but he would know it is happening. Yes the biggest pressure will be internal.

meenies
25-08-2023, 04:25 PM
Did anyone think that players making their own way to Geelong strange? I would have thought more now than ever for the team to come together and present as a unit (on the bus) than coming as individuals (own cars).

SonofScray
25-08-2023, 04:35 PM
Did anyone think that players making their own way to Geelong strange? I would have thought more now than ever for the team to come together and present as a unit (on the bus) than coming as individuals (own cars).

Danny Southern still hasn’t arrived for our game down there that was scheduled in 1995

mjp
25-08-2023, 05:16 PM
It's an hour away.

Personal preparation is important. I guess I know what you're saying but if getting on a bus together was symbolic of a group of people pulling together then every band in the world that has ever broken up would still be rockin' up a storm!

Axe Man
25-08-2023, 05:23 PM

I don't think Geelong get a bus to Melbourne when they play do they? I don't think it's the norm for teams to get buses between Melbourne and Geelong.

josie
25-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Danny Southern still hasn?t arrived for our game down there that was scheduled in 1995

We could do with a bit of snake man now. I remember reading an article years ago where Danny said he was in so much pain before games he?d be navigating stairs on all fours. What a price our players pay, despite many/some being well remunerated. I for one wouldn?t do it.

GVGjr
25-08-2023, 05:30 PM

They fly together for interstate games and make their own way to home games so I don't think it makes that much of a difference.
I'm not 100% certain but I think they make their own way to Ballarat as well.

I don't think it matters at all.

Danny the snakeman
25-08-2023, 05:37 PM
Danny Southern still hasn’t arrived for our game down there that was scheduled in 1995

Hey , would love him in the team now.

SonofScray
25-08-2023, 06:38 PM
Hey , would love him in the team now.

My favourite.

He crashed his car, or it broke down on the way to Geelong if I recall the story correctly. Late omission.

Maybe I imagined it?

mjp
25-08-2023, 06:40 PM
My favourite.

He crashed his car, or it broke down on the way to Geelong if I recall the story correctly. Late omission.

Maybe I imagined it?

Pretty sure there's a funny Gary Sidebottom story from the 1980's about missing the Geelong team bus for a final at the MCG. Or something.

GVGjr
25-08-2023, 07:05 PM
Pretty sure there's a funny Gary Sidebottom story from the 1980's about missing the Geelong team bus for a final at the MCG. Or something.

Yep, it followed him for years. :)

mjp
25-08-2023, 07:07 PM
His nephew played for WA in the champs this year.

Goes alright. Key defender. Currently missing games due to a fractured neck...which he played with for a few weeks before reporting it as being 'a bit sore'.

azabob
25-08-2023, 07:32 PM

Goes alright. Key defender. Currently missing games due to a fractured neck...which he played with for a few weeks before reporting it as being 'a bit sore'.

Far out. That is crazy.

Danny the snakeman
25-08-2023, 08:44 PM
'.

His brother was a very good footballer unfortunately cruelled by injury.

G-Mo77
25-08-2023, 09:06 PM

I did but this could be the norm for every team? I would have though a bus as well. What do they do when they go to Ballarat?

bornadog
25-08-2023, 09:10 PM
I did but this could be the norm for every team? I would have though a bus as well. What do they do when they go to Ballarat?

If it is a Friday night game in Geelong, they go the day before to avoid traffic and stay overnight. For Ballarat they tend to go the day before and stay overnight, or even a couple of days and do some clinics/school visits.

G-Mo77
26-08-2023, 09:27 AM
If it is a Friday night game in Geelong, they go the day before to avoid traffic and stay overnight. For Ballarat they tend to go the day before and stay overnight, or even a couple of days and do some clinics/school visits.

By bus or just go themselves? I've probably got this in my head from the "golden years" and team bus travel died out decades ago. :D

Jeanette54
26-08-2023, 11:20 AM
May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the underarms of those talking of defeat.

Dogs by 5
BOG: The Bont
First Goal: Flea (who else?)

azabob
26-08-2023, 11:29 AM
By bus or just go themselves? I've probably got this in my head from the "golden years" and team bus travel died out decades ago. :D

The players surely wouldn't want to have to drive to the Western Oval and then catch a bus to the game and then drive back to the Western Oval and then drive home?

I guess the upside of a bus is if we lose tonight they can role straight into mad Monday and not worry about driving home...

Grantysghost
26-08-2023, 12:03 PM
May the fleas of a thousand camels invade the underarms of those talking of defeat.

Dogs by 5
BOG: The Bont
First Goal: Flea (who else?)

Only a thousand!?

BornInDroopSt'54
26-08-2023, 06:09 PM
Only a thousand!?

They multiply exponentially in their jocks.

HOSE B ROMERO
26-08-2023, 06:41 PM

Personally in retro round i'd like for all teams to hark back to 1940's with players catching trains/trams to the game. Could you imagine supporters reaction if the boys got the Geelong flyer tonight?

bulldogtragic
26-08-2023, 06:45 PM
Personally in retro round i'd like for all teams to hark back to 1940's with players catching trains/trams to the game. Could you imagine supporters reaction if the boys got the Geelong flyer tonight?

Do you know the 1935 story of Bob Pratt?

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 06:55 PM

mmmm can someone run over Danger in the carpark tonight?

bulldogtragic
26-08-2023, 06:57 PM
mmmm can someone run over Danger in the carpark tonight?

With the prices of smokes, not sure we can stump up a full pack as an apology though.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 06:58 PM
With the prices of smokes, not sure we can stump up a full pack as an apology though.

Ha. Very true.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 07:35 PM
No late changes. Lachie McNeil is the sub.

bulldogtragic
26-08-2023, 07:38 PM
No late changes. Lachie McNeil is the sub.

I guess then he’s going not to be delisted, but elevated to the main shortly then. Unless it’s his farewell too.

HOSE B ROMERO
26-08-2023, 08:02 PM

The Prahran tram.

Maybe that was the inspiration behind the trainer's buggy hitting Johnno.

HOSE B ROMERO
26-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Give us a win dogs.

ratsmac
26-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Geelong by 1
First goal- Bont
BOG- Libba

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2023, 08:07 PM
Dogs by54 points
1st goal English
BOG Libba

BornInDroopSt'54
26-08-2023, 08:08 PM
Muted tv and JJCale strumming on b box.
No expectatations, no commercial analysis except WOOF n me.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-08-2023, 08:08 PM
I guess then he?s going not to be delisted, but elevated to the main shortly then. Unless it?s his farewell too.

A waste of a list spot if ever I've seen one.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:12 PM
The commentary is salivating over the prospect of a Geelong win against the odds. When really, they should be being lambasted for the shit year they've had.

No consideration given to the fact we have three core players out. It's all about how Geelong have outs and are up against it at Sedat's favourite shithole that provides a massive home ground advantage.

ReLoad
26-08-2023, 08:26 PM
McNeil as the sub is stoopid.

No impact at all.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2023, 08:27 PM
Who is Geelongs ruck. He is killing English already

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:28 PM
Poullter day dreaming.

The Bulldogs Bite
How do we all get sucked into the contest? I mean, I know how, but it's dumb.

jeemak
That is SHIT Dale.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2023, 08:29 PM
Really poor from VDM he should have goaled

azabob
26-08-2023, 08:30 PM
Who is Geelongs ruck. He is killing English already

Toby Conway, his debut game.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:31 PM
Lazy arseholes.

azabob
Five minutes, nothing has changed since last week…

1eyedog
Shithouse start

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 08:32 PM
Bevo’s swan song ??

josie
26-08-2023, 08:33 PM
We look so sluggish.

ledge
26-08-2023, 08:33 PM
We are a joke . You can see we aren’t playing as a team already.
It’s all one player looking after themselves.
No connection whatsoever .

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:34 PM
The message for the Cats would have been easy this week. Hunt these guys, rush them, and they'll shit themselves and won't go with you.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2023, 08:35 PM
Danger, Danger, Danger. We don’t look any good early

azabob
What a shit tackle attempt by Weightman.

jeemak
Naughton you shit me.

lemmon
26-08-2023, 08:36 PM
Weightman's attempted tackle on Bowes on the half back flank was absolutely laughable

azabob
26-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Weightman's attempted tackle on Bowes on the half back flank was absolutely laughable

Embarrassing alright.

azabob
26-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Naughton you shit me.

Keath, JOD, Jones say that about 19 of their teammates.

ledge
26-08-2023, 08:39 PM
I feel sorry for jones and JOD . The turnovers when we go forward is terrible .

G-Mo77
Great start

Grantysghost
Naughton you shit me.

How dare you he's a star! XD

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:40 PM
Dale kicking ?opters, Naughton missing targets. They transition perfectly.

Good tackle Cody, good finish Naughton.

Come on lads.

Raels_d
26-08-2023, 08:40 PM
Much better tackle from Weightman

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:41 PM
How's Scott not giving the handball back to West.

jeemak
Two really shit efforts West.

lemmon
Heaps of effort from Naughton, he followed up a shepherd to go and grab that crumb

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:42 PM
Nobody leading up the wings on a long ground. Good thinking boys.

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 08:43 PM
English looks like he’s playing his last game for the dogs

Bullies
26-08-2023, 08:44 PM
We can't tackle

jeemak
Just take the contact and hold onto the football.

kruder
2023 game plan get it to Keath at all costs on the exit kick.

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 08:45 PM
We can't tackle
Or break one

Mantis
26-08-2023, 08:45 PM
Such an unlikeable team… over them.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:46 PM
Great thinking kick Weightman/ good connection with Lobb. Great finish Lobb.

josie
Good to see Westie on ball. Nice kick to Lobb by Flea.

Funke disco
Great from Lobb. Liking Wests effort

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:47 PM
Crozier's handball wasn't great.

Bullies
Can we sub Poulter

ledge
Only one team worse than us , Essendon, and that would be close .

azabob
Max Holmes is making Poulter look like a mid season draftee.

Bullies
26-08-2023, 08:48 PM
Crozier looking even more cooked than he was 2 years ago

DOG GOD
If Geel had had their full side in, this first quarter would’ve been as bad as the Coll vs Ess game last night.

Mantis
Maybe after giving him his 15th chance we’ll realise Crozier ain’t it.

azabob
English is a horrible field kick.

lemmon
26-08-2023, 08:49 PM
Great tackle Tobes.

We have no clue from kick-in. Think we've been well and truly figured out

jeemak
26-08-2023, 08:50 PM
That is just so ****ing sloppy Cody. Hit the ****ing target.

azabob
26-08-2023, 08:51 PM
Is Vandameer on Stewart?

Mantis
26-08-2023, 08:52 PM
Not like us to get beaten by what you know… Stewart - 3 votes.

lemmon
Our effort has picked up...we're just absolutely crap at the moment. Zero confidence.

They really need to do something about Stewart.

Bullies
How can we be in front

Bumper Bulldogs
How your hell do we not have Zane Cordy playing on Stewart tonight.

Oops sorry we traded him.

1eyedog
Did that slurring Essendon cheat actually say put Bont on Stewart?

Bullies
26-08-2023, 08:53 PM
Is Vandameer on Stewart? Does Vandermeer get paid?

Raels_d
26-08-2023, 08:57 PM
Although I like seeing West get some midfield time he might be the answer on Stewart. I thought he was great on Sicily

JanLorMill
26-08-2023, 08:58 PM
Sort of strange not seeing Macrae playing. A bit fortunate with Geelong’s kicking at goal

angelopetraglia
Libba 12 touches. Where would we be without him.

merantau
By some miracle we are in front. Hard to believe. Geelong are keeping us in the game!

Bullies
There is somethign seriously with this team. We have fallen so far in such a short amount of time.

Bumper Bulldogs
Well the good news is the cobwebs have been blown out that first quarter. Look out Cays here e come with a 7 goal second quarter.

josie
Does Vandermeer get paid?

I’d much prefer to have Khamis or even Raak playing than VDM.

Grantysghost
26-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Libba 12 touches. Where would we be without him.

And the only guy flying the flag.
I do like West and McLean's intent.

ledge
26-08-2023, 08:59 PM
Although I like seeing West get some midfield time he might be the answer on Stewart. I thought he was great on Sicily

And who replaces him in the middle ? No Macrae and no Smith.

ledge
26-08-2023, 09:00 PM
And the only guy flying the flag.
I do like West and McLean's intent.

Bont ?

Grantysghost
26-08-2023, 09:01 PM
Bont ?

Yep sorry Ledge I think I just expect we all know it xD

Mantis
26-08-2023, 09:02 PM
27 tackles to 12, 12 inside 50 tackles to 0… glad we brought the heat with it all on the line.:rolleyes:

lemmon
26-08-2023, 09:03 PM
Bont...why are you even asking for that footy from English. Dumb

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:04 PM
Nice short arm West.

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 09:04 PM
English doesn’t give a shit out there.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:05 PM
That nobody was presenting hard to Dale on the exit then is endemic of our issues. Lazy players not working for each other.

Mantis
26-08-2023, 09:05 PM
Our ability to exit D50 is embarrassing.

1eyedog
26-08-2023, 09:06 PM
Bottom 4 stuff that

DOG GOD
I’m sorry, but this team does not want to play for the coach.

JanLorMill
Might need a stiff drink

G-Mo77
What is Scott's role in this team? What does he do so well to get picked every single week?

ledge
I don’t understand how we are totally the opposite to what we were .
Something has seriously happened within the club.

Scorlibo
26-08-2023, 09:07 PM
That nobody was presenting hard to Dale on the exit then is endemic of our issues. Lazy players not working for each other.

We are so stagnant forward of the ball carrier, it's infuriating to watch. Lazy might be the right word, 'scared' might be another.

jeemak
What is Scott's role in this team? What does he do so well to get picked every single week?

He was good before the concussion.

DOG GOD
This should be 8 goals to 3

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2023, 09:08 PM
Gee. Dint we look like we have are seconds playing tonight. Not the other way around

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Bont and Libba are the only 2 players that would get picked in any of the top 4 teams. That’s how out of form, disinterested this group is.

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 09:10 PM
Is Jamarra out there ?

bulldogtragic
26-08-2023, 09:11 PM
Watching a tv show I’ve seen a few times. Sounds like I made the right decision.

G-Mo77
He was good before the concussion.

Very good, hasn't looked like a VFL player for a long time. Surely he has no more credits

lemmon
Bont and Libba are the only 2 players that would get picked in any of the top 4 teams. That’s how out of form, disinterested this group is.

Naugthon's been pretty heart and soul tonight. Richards desperate as well.

The Bulldogs Bite
English sucks. I'm sick of watching him

kruder
26-08-2023, 09:12 PM
Kick it to Keath!

GVGjr
26-08-2023, 09:13 PM
Issac Smith has been awesome for Geelong.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2023, 09:14 PM
English sucks. I'm sick of watching him

Glad others are realising it. He's soft as butter and emblematic of some of our core issues. I'd take pick 1 for him.

Mantis
26-08-2023, 09:16 PM
Why is Keath our designated kicker out of defence?

azabob
Glad others are realising it. He's soft as butter and emblematic of some of our core issues. I'd take pick 1 for him.

That trade makes no sense.

JanLorMill
Keath kick to Stewart !!!!

lemmon
Rate Geelong players letting Keath stroll around with the footy knowing he won't hit a target

Grantysghost
26-08-2023, 09:17 PM
If Bevo hasn't pulled the spray lever yet.

It's time.

Mantis
26-08-2023, 09:17 PM
Issac Smith has been awesome for Geelong.

Running around by himself.

westbulldog
26-08-2023, 09:18 PM
Keath is related to Stewart.

JanLorMill
Booooo

azabob
I can’t believe we are still in this.

Bullies
26-08-2023, 09:19 PM
Why is Keath our designated kicker out of defence? Because the opposition dont pick him up as they are happy for him to turn it over.

lemmon
26-08-2023, 09:20 PM
McLean should be on a list next year - and I'd be okay if it was ours.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 09:21 PM
How bad is that effort from Dale. Take him over the line. Gee whiz.

jeemak
West showing us all why he isn't a permanent prospect. Terrible skills.

1eyedog
Dale is no good

Grantysghost
West showing us all why he isn't a permanent prospect. Terrible skills.

He's peaked I think.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-08-2023, 09:22 PM
That trade makes no sense.

Who said anything about a trade?

angelopetraglia
I could have tackled Stenlge over the line. Seriously. Where is the desperation from Dale?

ledge
I’m lost for words we have gone back to the dark Mc Cartney years in 4 weeks .

merantau
That was a poor effort by Bailey Dale.

Mantis
So many missed tackles… soft as ****ing butter.

Bullies
26-08-2023, 09:23 PM
this is the result we needed. No covering over the cracks. He should walk at half time.

jeemak
If I was Bevo I'd deliver some home truths at half time and put it all on the line.

This team won't concentrate, won't run for each other, and all play selfish with the football.

He may as well put fireworks on it, nothing else is working.

angelopetraglia
Nice tap from English. Straight to them.

DOG GOD
Bevo in the coaches box. He knows his days are up

jeemak
I could have smothered that from here Libba. Selfish, no handball to the running Treloar. Shit.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 09:24 PM
All starts from Dale.

Imagine watching that effort form your teammate. Just kills you.

lemmon
We can put it on the coach as much as we like, but when they're walking through the front of a F50 stoppage, the players need to cop a baking.

Mantis
Parfitt hasn’t been able to get a game all year and is playing like the best midfielder in the competition.

Topdog
26-08-2023, 09:25 PM
Good old fashioned collapse right here. Cats just keeping us in it with poor finishing

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:25 PM
At least Lobb has been playing well recently.

lemmon
26-08-2023, 09:26 PM
Naughton one of the few who gives a shit. Great effort on the wing.

angelopetraglia
Getting annihilated in the centre clearances. Just smashed.

DOG GOD
Other than a few, the players simply aren’t trying….there I said it.

Grantysghost
We can put it on the coach as much as we like, but when they're walking through the front of a F50 stoppage, the players need to cop a baking.

I'm sure Bevo said, kick it straight to Stewart all night.

ReLoad
26-08-2023, 09:28 PM
Comically bad.

angelopetraglia
How many 101 school boy mistakes to cough up a soft goal. This is so hard to watch.

josie
Will Bevo chuck it in if we lose tonight?

DOG GOD
At least Carlton will be disappointed…they would’ve loved to be playing us next week.

azabob

That’s good, players are following the instructions.

kruder
26-08-2023, 09:29 PM
I wonder if Bevo will boast about JOD this week?

angelopetraglia
Centre clearance again. Smashed.

Topdog

If it were only Stewart than i could do the argument, teams do it to us week in, week out because our f50 entries are horrendous.

Not certain it's Bevo's fault per se but our coaching group somewhere have failed us here

Mantis
Bad fumble but why handball to a stationary target in D50?

DOG GOD
Will Bevo chuck it in if we lose tonight?
He should resign at his press conference. The players don’t want him there…

merantau
Honestly, it is just an appalling performance by a team that has disintegrated before our eyes. Geelong should be 8 goals in front.
They are laughing at us.

AshMac
I don?t see how we can?t have wholesale change at the club with this performance. Even if we come back and win

Topdog
Centre clearance again. Smashed.

And again

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 09:30 PM
This run on starts with just poor efforts. Then we let them steam out of the front of the stoppage. Again. We are so bad.

josie
He should resign at his press conference. The players don’t want him there…

Appalling by the players though. This isn’t all on Bevo.

Topdog
I don?t see how we can?t have wholesale change at the club with this performance. Even if we come back and win

0 players dropped after losing to the worst side of the decade

Bumper Bulldogs
Unbelievable that we are setting up a tub 2 defensive mids at a centre bounce when we have the ?All Australian? ruckman.

Topdog
26-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Appalling by the players though. This isn’t all on Bevo.

You are right, it isn't but as the leader he knows the buck stops with him

ledge
I just can’t compute how Bevo keeps his job after this last few weeks , there is a huge drop in everything.

DOG GOD
Honestly, it is just an appalling performance by a team that has disintegrated before our eyes. Geelong should be 8 goals in front.
They are laughing at us.

The mental disintegration with Geel continues.

jeemak
Nobody gets around Poulter or Bont.

Topdog
Good play by West and Bont for that goal

lemmon
26-08-2023, 09:32 PM
Tremendous little hand Bont

azabob
Nobody gets around Poulter or Bont.

They got around each other… I guess…

Grantysghost
I'd say Bevo is the only guy in coaching history that survives this if we lose. The living statue.

bulldogsthru&thru
I just can’t compute how Bevo keeps his job after this last few weeks , there is a huge drop in everything.

It's astonishing really. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING FOR A SPOT IN THE FINALS and this is what we are dishing up!? What has happened??

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 09:34 PM
It's astonishing really. WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING FOR A SPOT IN THE FINALS and this is what we are dishing up!? What has happened??

There’s obvious divides. Players not playing for the coach, and a team where there is NO “team”.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:35 PM
At least we're kicking straight.

AshMac
0 players dropped after losing to the worst side of the decade

Disgraceful

lemmon
We should be 10 goals down.

Bumper Bulldogs
26-08-2023, 09:36 PM
And it’s 3 weeks in the row. We’ve been saying this exact same thing.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:36 PM
How can Bevo keep his job?

Are you all absolutely insane? It's not like we're finishing 18th. Get a grip.

You may not like it, but it's not crazy that he may keep his job after making a GF, making finals, and then just missing out. Jesus Christ.

Stop watching TV and listening to SEN, it's messing with you.

I mean, he might lose his job and that would probably be OK, but it's equally OK if he keeps it.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 09:37 PM
20 inside 50s for a half. You can?t blame the forwards. We just can?t generate any decent forward ball movement.

lemmon
26-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Cam Mooney roasting Liam Jones on Fox shows where he's at as a commentator. If you can watch that half and think Liam Jones is our biggest issue, you have no idea.

angelopetraglia
26-08-2023, 09:39 PM
23 shots to 11.

It should be game over.

DOG GOD
26-08-2023, 09:40 PM
23 shots to 11.

It should be game over.
It just about is.

Grantysghost

You may not like it, but it's not crazy that he may keep his job after making a GF, making finals, and then just missing out. Jesus Christ.

I mean, he might lose his job and that would probably be OK, but it's equally OK if he keeps it.

That's rubbish Jee. He's ultimately responsible and this is losing to bottom 4 teams three weeks in a row when finals are on the line.

If you think game plan is the only thing that coaches need to manage then you're insane.

They manage people, they manage the mood and confidence of the team.

If he let his emotions re Smith filter through the sqaud then that's terrible managment.

It's not insane at all to question this leadership.

angelopetraglia
5.6 they kicked that quarter. They are actually kicking bad. The goals they have kicked they basically walked in from either a) horrendous mistake or b) zero defensive pressure.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-08-2023, 09:41 PM
Reckon it's gonna be an interesting off season.

They look like a fractured team.

azabob
26-08-2023, 09:41 PM

Not sure calling posters insane and to get a grip is called for. Especially considering it’s the match day thread.

If we looked at last weeks match day thread you may have just said something similar in moving Bevo on.

Funke disco
26-08-2023, 09:44 PM
Hard to watch. Intermittent flickers of energy and clean play coupled with terrible defensive errors or no defense. I'm not sure what the answer is. Even getting rid of Bevo.... what do we do with our key defenders and their kicking???..... they are horrendous.

ledge
And Bevos Press conferences before the last two games is shockingly negative , where’s the up and about making finals excitement ?
It’s like he is giving excuses before we play.
What the hell is with that ? I think that’s a major concern .

westbulldog
Ugle-Hagan hasn't had a kick and Stewart has had 10 marks, give Ugle-Hagan the task of curbing Stewart. Or bring McNeil on, he's as gun :)

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:45 PM
That's rubbish Jee. He's ultimately responsible and this is losing to bottom 4 teams three weeks in a row when finals are on the line.

If you think game plan is the only thing that coaches need to manage then you're insane.

They manage people, they manage the mood and confidence of the team.

If he let his emotions re Smith filter through the sqaud then that's terrible managment.

It's not insane at all to question this leadership.

Question it, but don't act as if the sky is falling in. We don't want our players to be panic merchants, but we don't act accordingly.

If the past two or three weeks are what you think is wrong then you're kidding yourself. The issues are structural, and deep seated. What we're seeing are symptoms of that.

Managing through reactiveness isn't the way to manage a football club.

jeemak
26-08-2023, 09:45 PM
Not sure calling posters insane and to get a grip is called for. Especially considering it’s the match day thread.

If we looked at last weeks match day thread you may have just said something similar in moving Bevo on.

That's fair enough and I take it back and apologise.

I just want cool heads to prevail.

Eastdog
26-08-2023, 09:47 PM
Still frustrating. Just don?t seem to be moving the ball well at all apart from a few moments. We need to fix things up fast at the centre bounce getting beaten out of their way too easily. We need to work on Stewart as he is just intercepting everything coming his way. Still only 15 points we trail and lots of work to do and the Cats have missed a lot and could have been up by more.

westbulldog
26-08-2023, 09:48 PM
With a couple of exceptions we have more passengers than peak time at Flinders street.