12-05-2023, 09:26 PM
Good game of footy between Tiges and Cats. Richmond playing good footy tonight

bornadog
12-05-2023, 09:35 PM
Good game of footy between Tiges and Cats. Richmond playing good footy tonight

Let's hope they keep it going

BornInDroopSt'54
12-05-2023, 09:53 PM
Geelong have not beaten anyone in 8 but are in 8.

bornadog
12-05-2023, 11:04 PM
Good to see Geelong lose. Don't know anyone would have picked Richmond in the tipping

GVGjr
13-05-2023, 01:07 AM
Gold Coast looked good against a very depleted West Coast.
They're very athletic and Humphrey was impressive.

Bulldog Joe
13-05-2023, 09:25 AM
Everyone might have over rated the Geelong victories.
The big wins were over Hawthorn West Coast and a severely depleted Sydney at Pork Barrel Park.
The decent teams were Essendon and Adelaide with Crows giving them a serious challenge even at Pork Barrel Park

GVGjr
13-05-2023, 06:35 PM
So Fremantle bounce back from some sluggish form and beat the Swans, Port stick it to North by 70 points and Melbourne step on on the Hawks in the first quarter.

Between West Coast, Hawthorn and North we have some very noncompetitive teams in the competitive at the moment.

G-Mo77
13-05-2023, 06:51 PM
Look what Melbourne are doing to the Dawks? Wow! The top end of this comp is elite, it'll take an injury or 2 to get over teams like thos come September.

We can't beat teams like that, I reckon we'll have to arm wrestle West Coast to get a win as well.

jeemak
13-05-2023, 07:44 PM
Fremantle's form just makes our win over them all the more impressive, given they were starting to challenge us at times but we stifled them and escalated a few times throughout the game. Could turn out to be a season defining result, that one.

chef
13-05-2023, 07:47 PM
Look what Melbourne are doing to the Dawks? Wow! The top end of this comp is elite, it'll take an injury or 2 to get over teams like thos come September.

We can't beat teams like that, I reckon we'll have to arm wrestle West Coast to get a win as well.

They are only up.by 35 atm

jeemak
13-05-2023, 07:50 PM
It just shows that no matter how good you are you can be picked apart even by the worst teams.

Melbourne might end up flogging them, but Hawthorn in my view are an easier team to overrun at the MCG vs. Docklands (especially if you haven't had two weeks away, and two of three in the wet) given the extra space to stretch their defence.

macca
13-05-2023, 07:53 PM
So Fremantle bounce back from some sluggish form and beat the Swans, Port stick it to North by 70 points and Melbourne step on on the Hawks in the first quarter.

Between West Coast, Hawthorn and North we have some very noncompetitive teams in the competitive at the moment.
FREO was awarded 2 soft 50 m penalties which killed the swans
The frees were soft but the 50 m penatlies were just over umpiring in a technicality
#1. Ball throw back was not staight to the player
#2. Swans player was not standing on the mark correctly . Could not hear any whistle and was gun happy to award 50 m, instantly

. I find it hard now to watch afl games now with such putrid umpiring

Also the swans lost Mils which fas a huge factor

JanLorMill
13-05-2023, 08:32 PM
The frees were soft but the 50 m penatlies were just over umpiring in a technicality
#2. Swans player was not standing on the mark correctly . Could not hear any whistle and was gun happy to award 50 m, instantly

Given I didn’t see a second of this game but I’d expect the swans not only to win this one in Sydney umpiring or not.

JanLorMill
13-05-2023, 08:39 PM
Sorry

Flamethrower
13-05-2023, 08:51 PM

1. Blakey didn't like the decision to reverse the kick and threw the ball 2 metres over the Freo player. Clear 50m penalty.

2. Rowbottom was 2 metres over the mark. When the protected zone infringement is that blatant, umpires are instructed to pay 50m without a warning (as players aren't that stupid and know exactly what they are doing).

The umpiring was correct - the Swans discipline was putrid.

EasternWest
14-05-2023, 11:38 AM
Matt Rowell had 18 tackles last night hoo boy.

Dogs 24/7
14-05-2023, 11:42 AM

Hes quite a player when he runs into that beast mode. Hope he stays fit.

Grantysghost
14-05-2023, 12:40 PM

Must be all the grass he's eating.

angelopetraglia
14-05-2023, 12:53 PM

It is one of the more bizarre things I have seen. It sounds like he is a weird cat, but the kid can play.

GVGjr
14-05-2023, 04:30 PM

Wouldn't that make him a moo boy?

whythelongface
14-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Will the real St Kilda please stand up. Oh wait they have :)

Grantysghost
14-05-2023, 05:14 PM
Will the real St Kilda please stand up. Oh wait they have :)

The Aints! Ross is a genius though right?

1eyedog
14-05-2023, 07:03 PM
What are woofers thoughts on Jordy Lewis as a commentator?

EasternWest
14-05-2023, 07:08 PM

I preferred him when he was contesting marks with Harbrow.

1eyedog
14-05-2023, 07:14 PM
Emphatic response!

GVGjr
14-05-2023, 07:28 PM

I didn't listen to him today but I don't mind his work on RSN

GVGjr
14-05-2023, 07:29 PM
The Aints! Ross is a genius though right?

If he had have landed at Carlton I think they'd be in a lot better position right now.

azabob
14-05-2023, 09:31 PM

I like him. When I first heard him I went default no good but he is fairly insightful and measured.

Do you like him?

EasternWest
14-05-2023, 10:19 PM
Emphatic response!

I like him. When I first heard him I went default no good but he is fairly insightful and measured.

Do you like him?

I actually agree with this mostly I just couldn't resist.

1eyedog
15-05-2023, 12:44 AM

Do you like him?

Yeah I'm the same. He provides far more insight than anyone else around him.

He's easily the smartest in the room when it comes to Lyon and Brown but that's not a huge challenge.

I thought I'd ask the question as I noticed Fox trying to get him in front of the camera more and more.

MrMahatma
15-05-2023, 11:27 AM
I feel like he's always talking a little too "loud" or "urgently". But his content seems sound.

Sedat
15-05-2023, 11:28 AM
Yeah I'm the same. He provides far more insight than anyone else around him.

He's easily the smartest in the room when it comes to Lyon and Brown but that's not a huge challenge.

I thought I'd ask the question as I noticed Fox trying to get him in front of the camera more and more.
He's a good analyst - the only thing sub-par is his rug.

Loinchop is an ordinary bloke, but he's a pretty good student of the game as well and provides excellent tactical insights. Brown is the token meathead.

Mofra
15-05-2023, 01:27 PM
He's crazy-contested. Running at over 60% contested possession this season.
He and Anderson are quite the 1-2 punch, and if they ever get a decent run together with Touk Miller that's an incredible trio

Sedat
15-05-2023, 01:33 PM
He's crazy-contested. Running at over 60% contested possession this season.
He and Anderson are quite the 1-2 punch, and if they ever get a decent run together with Touk Miller that's an incredible trio
Even with Miller, they need more depth in the midfield rotations, otherwise Rowell and Anderson will burn out late in seasons (and late in games). I think GC know this, which is why they are getting the likes of Humphrey and Davies into the rotations more often.

It's a hell of a starting midfield though.

Mofra
15-05-2023, 02:05 PM
Even with Miller, they need more depth in the midfield rotations, otherwise Rowell and Anderson will burn out late in seasons (and late in games). I think GC know this, which is why they are getting the likes of Humphrey and Davies into the rotations more often.

It's a hell of a starting midfield though.
Humphrey will really help from next year - and they have 'okish' types like Fiorini on the list too for rotation depth