PDA

View Full Version : Memberships for O.S. based supporters

Pedro Sanchez
08-04-2008, 03:33 AM
Right, I need some expert advice from some expert supporters.

I'm a life long Doggies man that's now based in the UK. I'd like some info on the best membership i should buy enlight of the recent coverage regarding the club's low membership numbers for this season. As i wont be able to go to any of the games, the only detail i need is to have access to a GF ticket if we're good enough to make it. If this is the case i'll be flying home.

I know I could probably find out all this info out on the club's website however i find the Telstra Doggies site to be rubbish and cumbersome. Can any existing members point me towards the most suitable membership for my situation?

Your insight will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Pedro

DHP
08-04-2008, 06:47 AM
I think you will find that the full Social Club membership gives you access to a GF ticket if we are there. Unless things have changed since last year? Cost is around 500 AUD. I need to fly down to sort this out as it is quite difficult to arrange from O/S.

aker39
08-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Do you want access to a GF ticket, that is, a chance of getting a GF ticket, or do you want to be guaranteed a GF ticket.

DHP
08-04-2008, 09:35 AM
'Guarantee' has a better ring to it!

Dry Rot
08-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I think you will find that the full Social Club membership gives you access to a GF ticket if we are there. Unless things have changed since last year? Cost is around 500 AUD. I need to fly down to sort this out as it is quite difficult to arrange from O/S.

Welcome to WOOF DHP. :)

DHP
08-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome Dry Rot. Go dogs!

The Coon Dog
08-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the welcome Dry Rot. Go dogs!

DHP, welcome too, but just a question, how does a Doggies fan find themselves in Poland?

Topdog
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
If you are overseas and have the OS membership you have a better chance of getting the GF ticket....well at least you used to. Esp. if you call the club and tell them you are coming down for the GF.

Sockeye Salmon
08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
I think packages including tickets are available from some travel agents as well but you'll be paying top dollar for them.

Pedro Sanchez
08-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys for the feeback...

On the footy front is there any chance Callan Ward might get a run in replace of West? Its a romantic change as I have the impression Ward will be the next player to get the famous number 7 and take West's mantle. Probably depends if Eagle is fit though but it would be a nice touch.

FrediKanoute
08-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi Pedro

I'm a UK based bulldogs member. I went through the membership details really carefully and worked out that you can get a "Premiership Gold" Membership or a "Premiership Silver" Membership and they guarantee you a GF ticket. I went Gold b/c it wasn't hugely more than Silver and every little helps.

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/Membership/2008Packages/PremiershipPackages/tabid/10597/Default.aspx

Fredi!

hujsh
08-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys for the feeback...

On the footy front is there any chance Callan Ward might get a run in replace of West? Its a romantic change as I have the impression Ward will be the next player to get the famous number 7 and take West's mantle. Probably depends if Eagle is fit though but it would be a nice touch.

He's already got a nice jumper in Darce's 14;)

DHP
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM
CD, thanks for the welcome. I enjoy your informed posts.

I came over to Poland with work 8 years ago and got stuck!

I grew up in the West and went to school in Willy. Along way from that here!

The Coon Dog
09-04-2008, 08:33 AM
CD, thanks for the welcome. I enjoy your informed posts.

I came over to Poland with work 8 years ago and got stuck!

I grew up in the West and went to school in Willy. Along way from that here!

Thanks DHP. See FDOTM, someone does think my posts are informed, pillock! ;)

Sites such as this must be a godsend for overseas & even interstate supporters.

DHP
09-04-2008, 09:40 AM
It is great to see your views. The stuff I get over the phone is sometimes lacking in credibility with all due respect to my good family at home!

Having said that, Go Dogs!