PDA

View Full Version : The greatest match winning goal kicked at the "G"

merantau
16-01-2023, 08:47 AM
I know a lot of you would have seen this footage. But here's a much longer clip than those I've seen before. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/SM7rFc3xqLo

Bulldog4life
16-01-2023, 03:40 PM
I know a lot of you would have seen this footage. But here's a much longer clip than those I've seen before. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/SM7rFc3xqLo

Great game. Was there that day. One of my favourite games too. Billy you star.

MrMahatma
16-01-2023, 03:48 PM
Need to bring back those on-screen graphics of the winning mascot after the siren. Classic.

merantau
16-01-2023, 07:39 PM
Great game. Was there that day. One of my favourite games too. Billy you star.

I was listening on the ABC and building a deck in Big Hill, near Bendigo. There were a few snow flurries in the last quarter.
How about that mark by Fossie running back with the flight in the dying moments of the game. And the one by Plough right on the siren. One of my all-time favourite games too.

bornadog
17-01-2023, 12:03 AM
I was listening on the ABC and building a deck in Big Hill, near Bendigo. There were a few snow flurries in the last quarter.
How about that mark by Fossie running back with the flight in the dying moments of the game. And the one by Plough right on the siren. One of my all-time favourite games too.
I was at the G that day. Collingwood had won something like 10/12 in a row and we stopped their run.

Danny the snakeman
18-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Tom Boyd says hello.

merantau
18-01-2023, 10:41 PM
Tom Boyd says hello.
Great goal but it wasn't a matching winning goal.

Danny the snakeman
19-01-2023, 01:24 AM
Great goal but it wasn't a matching winning goal.

Really, . Could watch Boyd's goal a million times, seen Billy's a couple of times and thats enough (tho great goal).

angelopetraglia
19-01-2023, 08:53 AM
How good is the commentary from Bruce. He knew Billy would take him on.

Sedat
19-01-2023, 10:14 AM
How good is the commentary from Bruce. He knew Billy would take him on.
Bruce was an amazing footy commentator in the early 90's but became a complete embarrassment in his last 25 years of commentating in the AFL. His decline started with his incessant fapping over Carey in the late 90's and it was all downhill from there. He was symptomatic of the utter garbage that Ch.7 brought (and still bring) to the table with their AFL coverage.