PDA

View Full Version : Always Right Match Committee Round 2 V St Kilda

Pages : 1 [2]

Rocco Jones
25-03-2023, 10:09 AM
I don't know if I would rest him as Marshall is a significant opponent for us to counter but could there be a benefit in playing Sweet in tandem with him and reducing his time in the ruck.

Yep. I'd prefer it to Keath. Play Bruce back with Jones and Crozier. English/Sweet as you say.

Grantysghost
25-03-2023, 11:56 AM
With only a 5 day break if English is not 100% fit I would rest him and play Sweet. If we cannot best a half strength Saints team who already had a crap list list without Tim then our season is shot. I would expect a 10 goal win either way. We have form in belting struggling teams and the struggling against well coached competitive teams.

Agree Mav, we should belt the Aints. They can't defend the 666 I'm tipping a 7 goal to 1 opening qtr.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-03-2023, 12:11 PM
Agree we should be winning comfortably against the saints but it's very hard to belt a Ross Lyon team.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-03-2023, 12:12 PM
Agree Mav, we should belt the Aints. They can't defend the 666 I'm tipping a 7 goal to 1 opening qtr.

666 domination requires a competitive ruckman.

Grantysghost
25-03-2023, 12:35 PM
666 domination requires a competitive ruckman.

I'm backing Timbo

Danjul
25-03-2023, 01:24 PM
I don't know if I would rest him as Marshall is a significant opponent for us to counter but could there be a benefit in playing Sweet in tandem with him and reducing his time in the ruck.

Having had a sore ankle for the last 12 months I would recommend resting Tim. He is putting a lot of weight through there and I suspect that a jab and more stress is short term thinking. I don?t want our champion doing more damage and being restricted longer than necessary.

We have plenty of experienced ruckmen to throw at the Saints. Bruce, Bont, Hannan, Macrae, Naughton, Darcy?.. and a few others come to mind.

meenies
25-03-2023, 03:13 PM
McNeill & McComb are not playing in the VFL today so will be the subs.

EasternWest
25-03-2023, 03:45 PM
McNeill & McComb are not playing in the VFL today so will be the subs.

Please be McNeill.