PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Axes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

MrMahatma
13-04-2024, 12:13 PM
I think the majority of people have been optimistic and hopeful that things would change and results would follow. I can see why people would find a way to convince themselves that things will be ok. But I just think it’s time. 10 years is it? It’s just time. He’d be a great coach somewhere else.

azabob
13-04-2024, 12:28 PM
Let’s see how we go against the saints, I think one game can be excused but if we start playing like that in two or three in a row then it’s time to get stuck into what’s going on.

Lyon is possibly the best tactical coach in our game right now. You think we are winning that battle of the coaches box?

bulldogtragic
13-04-2024, 12:35 PM
Lyon is possibly the best tactical coach in our game right now. You think we are winning that battle of the coaches box?

We have to just hope at this point. That’s about all we have left unless the players somehow start turning it around on field.

Scorlibo
13-04-2024, 01:28 PM
I called for time on Beveridge around this time last year, because it didn't seem to me that he was going to be able to get this group to peak again, and we needed to go through at least a soft rebuild to challenge in a few years when Bontempelli, Dale, English, Daniel are in their twilight and Richards, Smith, Naughton, Ugle-Hagan, Weightman are in their prime. For mine, it didn't seem like Bevo had the energy or the clout to guide the group through that.

Now I would be happy to be wrong on that point and see Bevo oversee that rebuild with success. Barring the Melbourne game and the most recent disaster, there were positive signs. But the dire issue is that the CLUB aren't aligned with this vision. They have continued to demand and expect a top four finish, and in doing so they are making a short term commitment to Bevo, and delaying the rebuild which I think is still unlikely to be under Bevo's direction. This is just a recipe for confusion and mediocrity, with the inevitable rebuild coming at a much larger cost.

Listening to Bevo's press conference you can hear the confusion. Contradicting himself in the same breath. "We need to give these young players experience, but we will always do what's best for the now" - what? He knows what needs to happen but he's walking a tightrope.

Our list management has mirrored the club's expectations, recruiting Lobb and Harmes, trading future picks, bringing in mature fringe players from other clubs instead of going to the draft.

The situation is similar to the aftermath of 2016, where we're holding onto the prospect of success long after it's passed, except this time we don't have the benefit of a young core group.

Danny Delre
13-04-2024, 01:49 PM
Its time

Don't mind losing if we are just not good enough, but last night he lost the players.

bulldogsthru&thru
13-04-2024, 03:34 PM

Yep. We'll get destroyed next week. Master-class coach vs Bevo. Disciplined players who work hard vs clueless players who are lazy.

FrediKanoute
13-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Why is there no point. We should have made the call straight after the season finished. What would be wrong with pulling the pin now and focussing on salvaging what we can for 2024 while building for 2025. Let Egan or Lade take over for now and start the search for next season. I find it hard to see any positives keeping him on.

I agree. Move him on now and you can salvage a season, build for 2025.

FrediKanoute
13-04-2024, 11:06 PM
Can I just make a point on this loss, yes it’s bad but look at the starts from Collingwood, Brisbane, you can come good as your players start to click together, it’s been a whole new change around them.
The games we won have been big wins and I rate GC as a pretty good team.
I think we give it a few more weeks and see if we can get more consistency.
I do think this season is a no excuse season over all for Bevo though and if the stories are true about Grant and Bevo, well Grant will get his way if the season continues like last night.

Do you honestly believe our players, with they game plan they have can turn it around? I don't.

jeemak
14-04-2024, 12:42 AM
Do you honestly believe our players, with they game plan they have can turn it around? I don't.

I think it's cute if anyone outside of the club really believes they know what our game plan is a few weeks into a season where things look a bit different, effort is inconsistent, and results have mirrored that.

Our good football against GCS was really good football, and there were some flashes of resilience, fight and class against the Cats. I think the big thing to watch out for irrespective of what the game plan might look like is effort and endeavour, and how that looks week to week.

Supporters are finally getting a bit of a taste of reality when it comes to understanding all game plans require maximum effort to execute, when the feeling was our previous one was extremely taxing and unsustainable.

Whether he goes or doesn't, Bevo isn't the only common denominator in all of this shit.

The Underdog
14-04-2024, 08:12 AM
Is there anything in the fact that this game was our 3rd straight 6 day break (about to have our 4th).
Not saying it excuses the lack of effort, but it's certainly something to take into consideration.

angelopetraglia
14-04-2024, 11:11 PM
Interesting conversation. Lethal always makes sense. https://x.com/footyonnine/status/1779449232149434646?s=46&t=oMlyiNHry1lhUs8p7uzZ_A

kruder
14-04-2024, 11:32 PM
Pete Ryan spoke well in the age pretty much bang on really...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/four-points-beveridge-s-bulldogs-out-of-tune-hawks-reach-a-54-year-low-blues-beware-20240414-p5fjol.html

angelopetraglia
14-04-2024, 11:38 PM

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/four-points-beveridge-s-bulldogs-out-of-tune-hawks-reach-a-54-year-low-blues-beware-20240414-p5fjol.html

Agree. Great piece and summary from Ryan.

Hotdog60
15-04-2024, 05:40 AM

Hi kruder, can you give us some highlights I used to be able to read it but not anymore.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 06:45 AM
Hi kruder, can you give us some highlights I used to be able to read it but not anymore.
Here https://archive.is/9ipQh

macca
15-04-2024, 07:24 AM
Thanks for posting the article @hotdog.
Interestimg points Ryan points out.
2021- we had Dunkley , Keath , Gardner in good form. Who has stepped up to replace them ? That was 3 years ago. Our list depth is being exposed now for its deficiencies. Lack of leg speed , good natural kicks and high footy IQ players . Injuries and development to our young players has not helped. I think the club knows internally they need to play the young kids and get games into them. We had 9 players under 50 games against Bombers. 50 gamed is the investment we need to put into the younger players.

Finding the balancd to meet that demand , whilst trying to win games and team cohesion is a real challenge. I am in the not sack coach camp . Let him do the rebuild. End of day , I want him to develop these boys into fine young men. Develop the rapport , build the trust , the results will come.

JanLorMill
15-04-2024, 07:40 AM
You might call it rebuild now but it more like an excuse found for poor performances. No way we went into season 2024 looking to renew the list.

JanLorMill
15-04-2024, 07:42 AM
Thanks for posting the article @hotdog.
Interestimg points Ryan points out.
2021- we had Dunkley , Keath , Gardner in good form. Who has stepped up to replace them ? That was 3 years ago. Our list depth is being exposed now for its deficiencies. Lack of leg speed , good natural kicks and high footy IQ players . Injuries and development to our young players has not helped. I think the club knows internally they need to play the young kids and get games into them. We had 9 players under 50 games against Bombers. 50 gamed is the investment we need to put into the younger players.

Finding the balancd to meet that demand , whilst trying to win games and team cohesion is a real challenge. I am in the not sack coach camp . Let him do the rebuild. End of day , I want him to develop these boys into fine young men. Develop the rapport , build the trust , the results will come.
That article loses me right after it says Gardner and good form. Like he was the kingpin of our defence.

azabob
15-04-2024, 07:51 AM

Thanks for posting. Ryan has summed up the issues and identified the why’s really well.

Interestingly did he suggest trading Naughton?

MrMahatma
15-04-2024, 09:22 AM
I just don't think that we lost the match on Friday night because JOD played and Dale was sub. Many of the team were down and the effort was lacking, almost across the board. Plus we missed some sitters at crucial moments. English had a mare too, at least early.

I think we can blood young guys and still contend. I think the Darcy v Lobb question is the biggest though given time on ground and ability to ruck. I don't know how you play both.

I don't think the comments by Bevo are confusing or contradictory, saying we're playing for now and building for the future. You can walk and chew gum if the talent is there. However, I just think the team are either confused about what they should be doing on field, or they just don't care enough to really dig in.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 09:36 AM
Thanks for posting. Ryan has summed up the issues and identified the why’s really well.

Interestingly did he suggest trading Naughton?

Perhaps they could consider whether Aaron Naughton – who is contracted until 2032 – could yield enough return to stack the midfield with more raw talent. That’s not a question for today, however.

Yep.

I'm for it. He's in my bad books until he's not again!

DadBod
15-04-2024, 09:51 AM
I just don't think that we lost the match on Friday night because JOD played and Dale was sub. Many of the team were down and the effort was lacking, almost across the board. Plus we missed some sitters at crucial moments. English had a mare too, at least early.

I think we can blood young guys and still contend. I think the Darcy v Lobb question is the biggest though given time on ground and ability to ruck. I don't know how you play both.

I don't think the comments by Bevo are confusing or contradictory, saying we're playing for now and building for the future. You can walk and chew gum if the talent is there. However, I just think the team are either confused about what they should be doing on field, or they just don't care enough to really dig in.

It was the effort that concerned me the most, it was beyond lacklustre. Yet if you look at the stats, they're very similar. They had a lot more kicks, hitouts and centre clearances which got the ball moving for them. They had more contested wins and more marks which tells me we were well off our opponents.
Disposals: we had 4 of the top 5.
Scores: we had 3 of the top 6.
Tackles: we had the top 4.

It doesn't make sense. Both teams were similar, but our effort was pathetic.

GVGjr
15-04-2024, 10:10 AM

Agree with everything you've said.
Picking teams largely based on form is the right thing to do and some players might need to adjust to that.
Picking teams with an eye on the future when you can is also the right thing to do.
It doesn't mean you play youngsters just for the sake of if but if the form warrants selections then they should be in the mix.

I didn't find Bevo comments confusing but clearly a lot of people did so he will need to improve his communication.

The press is coming for him and a lot of our supporters have lost faith this weeks game against the Saints will be huge.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 10:20 AM
Picking teams largely based on form is the right thing to do and some players might need to adjust to that.
Picking teams with an eye on the future when you can is also the right thing to do.
It doesn't mean you play youngsters just for the sake of if but if the form warrants selections then they should be in the mix.

I didn't find Bevo comments confusing but clearly a lot of people did so he will need to improve his communication.

The press is coming for him and a lot of our supporters have lost faith this weeks game against the Saints will be huge.

I didn't find it confusing from a literary sense. It was the message. What on earth is he talking about? NOW it's a rehash/rebuild? Last year we are top 4, now it's a rebuild I mean wtf are they smoking down there. What kind of message is that for fans/players/sponsors etc etc etc.

Just talk about the game, don't go into the supposed strategy of the club because it makes your coaching performance look hampered by some Machiavellian force driving change (which I don't think he is buying into).

Strangely he didn't insinuate this after the Gold Coast game....

We picked JOD for the Saints game? Ex squuuuueze me.

He's transferred his inane ramblings at the season launch to the press conference now. I thought he'd mention the snow button at some stage :cool:

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 10:29 AM

Agree with all of this.

The dissapointing part for me is Bevo let himself down in how he communicated to the media on Friday night. He could have anwsered those questions a lot better without having the mixed messages. It was not his best moment.

He could have stated that we are always playing for the now with one eye on the future because that is what good clubs do. That never changes. You are always drafting new talent, you are always developing players, you are always blooding new talent in the AFL. You can walk and chew gum. That is what he should have said.

But flagging mixed messages whether we are "rebuilding" only threw fuel on the flames.

Scorlibo
15-04-2024, 10:30 AM
It was the effort that concerned me the most, it was beyond lacklustre. Yet if you look at the stats, they're very similar. They had a lot more kicks, hitouts and centre clearances which got the ball moving for them. They had more contested wins and more marks which tells me we were well off our opponents.
Disposals: we had 4 of the top 5.
Scores: we had 3 of the top 6.
Tackles: we had the top 4.

It doesn't make sense. Both teams were similar, but our effort was pathetic.

There's no doubt we matched them in general play (we won narrowly on expected score), but is it good enough to just match the Bombers? Definitely not. Our centre bounce work needs to be addressed, and as much as Libba and Bont are our golden boys, they need to take a lot of responsibility for this feature of our game that has deserted us.

The level of confusion at his comments I think hinges on whether you believe that eg. Sanders is giving us more than Macrae would have, or Gallagher more than Daniel. Even with these senior guys below their best, I think they're still much better contributors than the kids. Now I like that we're playing Gags and Sando, and I don't mind losing if we're clear on what we want to achieve over the long term, but if we're actually trying to get every ounce of performance in the now then we're failing. A full game from Macrae against Geelong might have been the difference between losing and winning.

Sedat
15-04-2024, 10:50 AM

That's all this latest stuff is about. Certain vocal sections of the media have blood in their nostrils for a coach who does not engage with them as much as other coaches do - and in some cases (Cornes and Barrett) there is obvious and genuine hostility.

I don't care about any of that stuff, nor do I care about any bruised egos with some players not getting selected in 2024. What we are doing now is at the very least 1 year overdue (more likely 2 years). The game trends move at light speed and we have been caught napping since the end of 2021.

Quite simply, the senior core of players who we entrusted with our mini-rebuild in 2018-19, with a view to contending from 2021-2026 are a hard group of players to love, because they have proven time and again that they are conditional with their efforts week to week, let alone year to year. As a result, they are also clearly a hard group of players to trust, and Bevo has given them far too much of that trust over the years. It's not like we've lost anyone bankable of note apart from Dunkley. You think Stringer is unconditional week to week? He is the modern day Darren Gaspar - only peaks when it is contract renewal time.

You don't just give a new game plan and off-field structure one month to work and then tear it all up. The players actually have to start with unconditional effort and adherence to the new plan. Things can turn round quickly - have a look at Collingwood, GWS and Sydney (even Carlton) - but we have to be unified and united across the entire organisation (and especially playing group). Sacking the senior coach in May, after committing to a full review replete with significant changes in coaching/conditioning and game style, is going to send far worse messages that getting a couple of senior players noses out of joint with selection.

The players as a collective need to shut up and get to work.

Mitcha
15-04-2024, 10:57 AM
I didn't find it confusing from a literary sense. It was the message. What on earth is he talking about? NOW it's a rehash/rebuild? Last year we are top 4, now it's a rebuild I mean wtf are they smoking down there. What kind of message is that for fans/players/sponsors etc etc etc.

Just talk about the game, don't go into the supposed strategy of the club because it makes your coaching performance look hampered by some Machiavellian force driving change (which I don't think he is buying into).

Strangely he didn't insinuate this after the Gold Coast game....

He's transferred his inane ramblings at the season launch to the press conference now. I thought he'd mention the snow button at some stage :cool:
Unfortunately I have thought this way for a while, says a lot but doesn't say much of substance and comes across as all over the place Kevin Sheedy style. Kane Cornes is a muppet but he is spot on when he said he needed an interpreter to decipher what the coach said at his presser as I feel the same way after most of Bevos media work.

comrade
15-04-2024, 10:58 AM
That's all this latest stuff is about. Certain vocal sections of the media have blood in their nostrils for a coach who does not engage with them as much as other coaches do - and in some cases (Cornes and Barrett) there is obvious and genuine hostility.

I don't care about any of that stuff, nor do I care about any bruised egos with some players not getting selected in 2024. What we are doing now is at the very least 1 year overdue (more likely 2 years). The game trends move at light speed and we have been caught napping since the end of 2021.

Quite simply, the senior core of players who we entrusted with our mini-rebuild in 2018-19, with a view to contending from 2021-2026 are a hard group of players to love, because they have proven time and again that they are conditional with their efforts week to week, let alone year to year. As a result, they are also clearly a hard group of players to trust, and Bevo has given them far too much of that trust over the years. It's not like we've lost anyone bankable of note apart from Dunkley. You think Stringer is unconditional week to week? He is the modern day Darren Gaspar - only peaks when it is contract renewal time.

You don't just give a new game plan and off-field structure one month to work and then tear it all up. The players actually have to start with unconditional effort and adherence to the new plan. Things can turn round quickly - have a look at Collingwood, GWS and Sydney (even Carlton) - but we have to be unified and united across the entire organisation (and especially playing group). Sacking the senior coach in May, after committing to a full review replete with significant changes in coaching/conditioning and game style, is going to send far worse messages that getting a couple of senior players noses out of joint with selection.

The players as a collective need to shut up and get to work.

That?s a bingo.

bulldogsthru&thru
15-04-2024, 11:29 AM
This week's game against the saints is huge. If we're much of the same we'll come out hard for the first quarter and maybe eek ahead by a goal but that's about the longest this group can crack in for in a tough encounter. We'll then fall back to our old habits and lose comfortably.

GVGjr
15-04-2024, 03:25 PM

Well I've listened to it again

"We've been a little bit on edge having Liam and Buku shouldering the key defensive load and without another tall to really play on keys (Forwards) it's meant that Ed Richards and Bailey to a degree and sometimes Taylor Duryea to agree have had to fight out of their weight range in the air so it's so we've probably been a bit off in terms of the influence in games so we thought it was a good week to bring James in. James is going to be a really important player for us in the future and to get him going and you don't pick the side two weeks ahead but understanding what we have coming up against the Saints with a bit of a taller forward line we are definitely going to need someone like James in the team"

I'm reading it that James was picked to play against Essendon on merit and needs and then Bevo clarified that we also need JOD going forward against teams like the Saints.

The bulldog tragician
15-04-2024, 04:08 PM

"We've been a little bit on edge having Liam and Buku shouldering the key defensive load and without another tall to really play on keys (Forwards) it's meant that Ed Richards and Bailey to a degree and sometimes Taylor Duryea to agree have had to fight out of their weight range in the air so it's so we've probably been a bit off in terms of the influence in games so we thought it was a good week to bring James in. James is going to be a really important player for us in the future and to get him going and you don't pick the side two weeks ahead but understanding what we have coming up against the Saints with a bit of a taller forward line we are definitely going to need someone like James in the team"

I'm reading it that James was picked to play against Essendon on merit and needs and then Bevo clarified that we also need JOD going forward against teams like the Saints.
I still don’t get it.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 05:16 PM

Yep makes sense, it's kind of ambiguous and poorly worded though. Lucky we've got you to translate G! :cool:

I would've brought JOD in earlier if that's the reasoning....? He played in the VFL and the Cats have talls. Sometimes I don't believe a word he says.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 05:18 PM
I still don’t get it.

It's very oddly worded, and doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. Is he admitting he got it wrong earlier if Richards is playing tall..? Or is he saying we had injuries.

Keath is there if you want to get the balance right.

Hotdog60
15-04-2024, 05:32 PM
If we thought we had Essendon's measure then it was a good time to bring in JOD as less risk and better match game fitness.
The only problem was Essendon didn't read the script and the same for 3/4 of our team.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 06:54 PM
Now Caroline Wilson is piling in https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779795172194144605

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 06:56 PM
Robbo "I think the Bulldogs decided to do this in the offseason" i.e. play the kids

https://x.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1779795140749431183

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 06:59 PM
Robbo "I think the Bulldogs decided to do this in the offseason" i.e. play the kids

https://x.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1779795140749431183

So is Power or Milesi under pressure? Who do we blame, i mean Slobbo is right.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 07:09 PM
Kane saying that we are playing Baker before Dale as an example that Bevo has lost the plot because we signed to Dale to a five year deal and that we are committed to him. However, it doesn't matter how longy our contract is if you are not performing. If you have someone in the gun you can spin the story anyway you want. If they were playing Dale and he was hopelessly out of form, the narrative would he is too loyal to his players and they got the contract wrong.

You can't win with Kane when he is on his high horse.

He is playing the heel. He plays it well.

Happy Days
15-04-2024, 07:23 PM
Now Caroline Wilson is piling in https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779795172194144605

How did Richmond go on the weekend anyway?

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 07:47 PM
"My understanding is that he will be told in no uncertain terms that the message needs to change."

Caro with the latest on Luke Beveridge amid a disconnect at the kennel, with many at the club still believing the club has a top four list.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779807847158817142

ledge
15-04-2024, 07:49 PM
Nothing concrete from Caro. Just lots of speculation all while giving some type of signal that she has inside news. She also did say that Bevo and Ameet are now getting on along better.

If you’re watching or listening to Caro and believing any of it you will need to see a psychiatrist in the future. She will do your head in.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 07:50 PM
No key defenders outside of a shaky Jones, a gun mid-sized defender, four good forwards, two emerging forwards, and a midfield that runs one way slowly, without any support on the wings.

All other remaining spots on the field are filled by either inconsistent or emerging performers..........

But yeah, top four amazing list full of guns blah blah blah. Bevo may not be coaching well but the narrative around our list is self-serving bullshit in media land.

Say something often enough and it catches on. A guy at work today who barely follows football started lecturing me about how amazing our list is, and I asked him to name our gun key defenders, wings and quick mids........and I got a very very blank look back in return.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 07:50 PM
"The club has denied from several sources today that there was a crisis meeting today about the caoch would be spoken to about his methods, his selections" Caro

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 07:51 PM
If you’re watching or listening to Caro and believing any of it you will need to see a psychiatrist in the future. She will do your head in.

Agree. 100%.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 07:52 PM
Kane sitting next to Caro. Caro saying all we have heard from this year is Bevo.

Maybe I'm dreaming this up. But from memory was not Kane whacking Bevo hard for not saying anything and that all we heard from one was everyone else at the club.

Serioulsy, no wonder this stuff does Bevo's head in.

Go_Dogs
15-04-2024, 07:54 PM
"The club has denied from several sources today that there was a crisis meeting today about the caoch would be spoken to about his methods, his selections" Caro

So it didn’t happen and Caro, you’re wrong

jeemak
15-04-2024, 07:56 PM
"My understanding is that he will be told in no uncertain terms that the message needs to change."

Caro with the latest on Luke Beveridge amid a disconnect at the kennel, with many at the club still believing the club has a top four list.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779807847158817142

The most ridiculous thing about this, is that outside of his butchering of it on Friday night after the terrible loss, he's said:

- We need to reward form
- We need to change our mix
- Players are under selection pressure and reputation won't save them
- We play for the now
- We always want to get better/ evolve quickly

I really don't understand how people can reconcile the above with what is happening and be confused about it. You may not like it or agree with it, but what has been said for five weeks versus what we have seen across selection and how we're playing is aligned.

ledge
15-04-2024, 07:57 PM
Kane sitting next to Caro. Caro saying all we have heard from this year is Bevo.

Maybe I'm dreaming this up. But from memory was not Kane whacking Bevo for not saying anything and all we had heard from one was everyone else at the club.

Serioulsy, no wonder this stuff does Bevo's head in.

Yeah it’s hilarious isn’t it and people can’t see it ?

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 07:58 PM
No key defenders outside of a shaky Jones, a gun mid-sized defender, four good forwards, two emerging forwards, and a midfield that runs one way slowly, without any support on the wings.

All other remaining spots on the field are filled by either inconsistent or emerging performers..........

But yeah, top four amazing list full of guns blah blah blah. Bevo may not be coaching well but the narrative around our list is self-serving bullshit in media land.

Say something often enough and it catches on. A guy at work today who barely follows football started lecturing me about how amazing our list is, and I asked him to name our gun key defenders, wings and quick mids........and I got a very very blank look back in return.
It drops off pretty quickly after the best few.

However it's not a terrible list, I mean the Pies aren't exactly stacked and they won the lot.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 08:00 PM
The most ridiculous thing about this, is that outside of his butchering of it on Friday night after the terrible loss, he's said:

- We need to reward form
- We need to change our mix
- Players are under selection pressure and reputation won't save them
- We play for the now
- We always want to get better/ evolve quickly

I really don't understand how people can reconcile the above with what is happening and be confused about it. You may not like it or agree with it, but what has been said for five weeks versus what we have seen across selection and how we're playing is aligned.

The journalists who don't buy into sensationalism like Connoly and Ryan or even Clark wrote balanced pieces today that took all that you stated into consideration.

Those that have an agenda, will not give credit for anything positive. Kane, Caro, Morris and Barrett have it in for Bevo and they are going to slam him whenever they get even the tiniest opportunity. It is definiltey personal with them and especialy Kane, Morris and Barrett.

But Bevo has created some of that himself with his own us against the world mentality at times. I'm sure if he had his time again, he would have handles himself a little differently at times.

Go_Dogs
15-04-2024, 08:01 PM

However it's not a terrible list, I mean the Pies aren't exactly stacked and they won the lot.

At what point does a playing list that provides consistent application and execution of game plan and effort actually have more “talent” than a list built on reputations that have outlived the form?

The Pies might not have 22 Bont’s but they’ve got quality players across every line and some genuine superstars - emerging, prime and fading.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 08:02 PM
So it didn’t happen and Caro, you’re wrong

The club has denied it. But Caro is going to run with it anyway and mumbles her way through what supposedly what was going to go down. BUT THE CLUB HAS DENIED IT.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 08:03 PM

It's not a terrible list, but it's also one that has been caught out due to some key weaknesses, a decline in output from senior players, a lack of performing depth, and midfielders out of step with today's game.

Making the 2021 GF was great. We should have won more games than we did in 2022-2023, I guess. But people are carrying on as if we've gone 4-19 and 5-18 the past two years, and that we're sitting at 1-4 now.

Go_Dogs
15-04-2024, 08:03 PM
The club has denied it. But Caro is going to run with it anyway and mumbles her way through what supposedly what was going to go down. BUT THE CLUB HAS DENIED IT.

Must be great to have a job where you can just lie and make stuff up.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 08:04 PM
"I'm not sure there is harmony at that football club, well I know there is not harmony at that footballl club" - serioulsy, which one is it Caro

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1779810047352303918

Go_Dogs
15-04-2024, 08:05 PM
LOL. Good one Caro.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 08:05 PM
At what point does a playing list that provides consistent application and execution of game plan and effort actually have more “talent” than a list built on reputations that have outlived the form?

The Pies might not have 22 Bont’s but they’ve got quality players across every line and some genuine superstars - emerging, prime and fading.

The Pies not having a good list is an absolute load of bullshit. Agree with you entirely, they had quality players winning games for them the past couple of years.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 08:07 PM
How can there be a jouranalist. Not my definition. She call herself a journalist. Who just wildy speculates on things and even when the source DENIES IT, she still runs with it but can't really say what has happened. It is serious amatuer hour.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 08:09 PM

McRae came in after pretty much the same team finished 17th, they became a unified group all singing from the same hymn book and the rest is history. There is this Daicos guy too :cool:

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 08:11 PM
The Pies not having a good list is an absolute load of bullshit. Agree with you entirely, they had quality players winning games for them the past couple of years.

Don't agree it's a middling list, but a really good team.
I get the sentiment but i reckon ours is better.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 08:12 PM
Don't agree it's a middling list.

I never really rated your opinion anyway, so that's cool. :D

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 08:15 PM
I never really rated your opinion anyway, so that's cool. :D
Touche! Ha.

Danjul
15-04-2024, 08:19 PM
Kane saying that we are playing Baker before Dale as an example that Bevo has lost the plot because we signed to Dale to a five year deal and that we are committed to him. However, it doesn't matter how longy our contract is if you are not performing. If you have someone in the gun you can spin the story anyway you want. If they were playing Dale and he was hopelessly out of form, the narrative would he is too loyal to his players and they got the contract wrong.

You can't win with Kane when he is on his high horse.

He is playing the heel. He plays it well.
but is Dale hopelessly out of form? First three games are similar to his first three in 2021, 2022 and 2023. No suggestions then that he was a liability. What is the big deal now.

everyone loved Wests game on Friday. He made good use of his opportunities. But did he really do better than Macrae? Not from what I saw.

I just don?t know what is going on! New game plan? I can?t see any difference except now we have new scapegoats.

We are playing youth instead of experience. Not a new development. We did that last year, unfortunately. It destabilised the team in my opinion.

We are still doing long bombs into the forwards. I saw three forwards contesting the same mark leading to Essendon clearing the ball on numerous occasions.

I simply see old problems being covered over with a new level of strangenesses.

Hotdog60
15-04-2024, 08:21 PM
Dale was lucky to be sub and was under performing.
Daniel has been hot and cold and has had some howlers resulting in goals had one in the VFL.
Lobb had a shocker and Darcy was knocking on the door so he was rewarded
Macrae was coming off an interrupted pre-season and needed some match fitness.
So the coach mixes it up. Do they actually watch these players and see what they were dishing up or do they run with they will get better given time. Surely it's a case of get some form and confidence in the two's like it's been for over a hundred years of football.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 08:25 PM
Daniel has been hot and cold and has had some howlers resulting in goals had one in the VFL.
So the coach mixes it up. Do they actually watch these players and see what they were dishing up or do they run with they will get better given time. Surely it's a case of get some form and confidence in the two's like it's been for over a hundred years of football.

Agree.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 08:28 PM
It's probably made more conspicuous when contrasted against our lack of dropping favourites in the past.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 08:30 PM
It's probably made more conspicuous when contrasted against our lack of dropping favourites in the past.

Which favourites have been dropped that didn't warrant it or were proven in hindsight to be the wrong decisions?

I recall Libba struggling to get selected at times coming back from injury or having to play forward. He dropped Stringer in late 2016 when he was out of form. Mitch Wallis struggling to get a game as Vice Captain is another one, but was spot in my opinion. What were the other high profile examples?

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 08:32 PM
Which favourites have been dropped that didn't warrant it or were out of favour?

I recall Libba struggling to get selected at times coming back from injury or having to play forward. He dropped Stringer in late 2016 when he was out of form. What were the other high profile examples?
Josh Bruce all of 2020 springs to mind. Williams last year.... Theres a few.

I'm all for it AP.

azabob
15-04-2024, 08:49 PM
1. It’s time for a rational discussion about Luke Beveridge

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/14/footy-fix-why-dogs-disaster-isnt-all-bevos-fault-eagles-on-their-way-and-2024s-biggest-beat-up/

macca
15-04-2024, 09:03 PM
"I'm not sure there is harmony at that football club, well I know there is not harmony at that footballl club" - serioulsy, which one is it Caro

She should be doing a story on why Richmond lost to West Coast. Some serious choking there.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 09:06 PM
1. It?s time for a rational discussion about Luke Beveridge

https://www.theroar.com.au/2024/04/14/footy-fix-why-dogs-disaster-isnt-all-bevos-fault-eagles-on-their-way-and-2024s-biggest-beat-up/

Excellent call out re the fantasy football folks, however, I'd be surprised if a lot of the vitriol wasn't driven by the multi-bet gamblers out there as well.

angelopetraglia
15-04-2024, 09:10 PM
1. It?s time for a rational discussion about Luke Beveridge

Good piece and we need more balanced analysis like this in the media.

Grantysghost
15-04-2024, 09:10 PM
1. It’s time for a rational discussion about Luke Beveridge

That's a proper journo

SonofScray
15-04-2024, 09:32 PM
Excellent call out re the fantasy football folks, however, I'd be surprised if a lot of the vitriol wasn't driven by the multi-bet gamblers out there as well.

The only thing I want sacked more than Bevo is the entire concept of fantasy sports.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 09:35 PM
The only thing I want sacked more than Bevo is the entire concept of fantasy sports.

You must want that pretty badly then.

Happy Days
15-04-2024, 11:24 PM
That's a proper journo

Yeah he (meaning Bevo) isn’t without blame but the extent to which people on multiple hundreds of thousands of dollars a year can get out of actually doing their job by saying Coach Bad is infuriating.

Why is it so hard to blame players for playing badly. What if there isn’t a bunch of behind the scenes forces working against Jack Macrae and instead he’s just not as good as he used to be? What if it isn’t brutally unfair on Bailey Dale to be dropped and instead it was brutally unfair on the rest of the team that he got like 25 chances in a row to prove he doesn’t suck now?

I guess you would actually need to watch the games to pick up on stuff like this.

jeemak
15-04-2024, 11:39 PM
Don't agree it's a middling list, but a really good team.
I get the sentiment but i reckon ours is better.

Cheeky addition you scoundrel.

SonofScray
15-04-2024, 11:54 PM
You must want that pretty badly then.

It’s just behind Essendon on my list.

Vred
16-04-2024, 12:00 AM
Board meeting that was scheduled for round 8 has been bought forward and is happening tomorrow morning.
Also a bit of talk that we've scheduled a press conference as well although I cannot find anything concrete on that.

Wait and see.

Handful of people on BigFooty and Facebook WB Groups running with the news that Bevo has been axed as of tonight - but - literally nothing-whispers at the moment.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 12:03 AM
It’s just behind Essendon on my list.

See this is why I can't trust you. You said there was only ONE thing you wanted more than Bevo sacked and now you're increasing that by 100%.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 12:05 AM
Board meeting that was scheduled for round 8 has been bought forward and is happening tomorrow morning.
Also a bit of talk that we've scheduled a press conference as well although I cannot find anything concrete on that.

Wait and see.

Handful of people on BigFooty and Facebook WB Groups running with the news that Bevo has been axed as of tonight - but - literally nothing-whispers at the moment.

I reckon in a lot of minds this is your last chance Vred! :D

Nah, thanks for the update, let's see how it goes. I said earlier in this thread I felt Friday was a coach killler either this week or next.

Vred
16-04-2024, 12:11 AM
I reckon in a lot of minds this is your last chance Vred! :D

Nah, thanks for the update, let's see how it goes. I said earlier in this thread I felt Friday was a coach killler either this week or next.

M8 I'd never stake anything on our board moving on Bevo, I'd almost get the feeling they'd schedule a press conference tomorrow morning to announce another contract extension for him so he can continue to ''evolve'' our list without ''the thought of a contract''. I do not trust anyone in charge at our club.

I reached out to my player-manager buddy tonight and he is just as perplexed as to what's happening at our club then anyone else.

Pretty sure the presser tomorrow was mentioned quickly on one of the footy shows tonight although I haven't watched through them all yet.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 12:57 AM
M8 I'd never stake anything on our board moving on Bevo, I'd almost get the feeling they'd schedule a press conference tomorrow morning to announce another contract extension for him so he can continue to ''evolve'' our list without ''the thought of a contract''. I do not trust anyone in charge at our club.

I reached out to my player-manager buddy tonight and he is just as perplexed as to what's happening at our club then anyone else.

Pretty sure the presser tomorrow was mentioned quickly on one of the footy shows tonight although I haven't watched through them all yet.

If you value your sanity you shouldn't.

M8 or die!

Vred
16-04-2024, 03:07 AM
Presser tomorrow is just the standard media appearance. Sigh. Back to hoping we evolve into a better version of ourselves this week.

My love of football is seriously waning at the moment, I've got tickets sorted for at least 7 of our next games but the motivation to go and watch isn't there anymore.

SonofScray
16-04-2024, 08:16 AM
Presser tomorrow is just the standard media appearance. Sigh. Back to hoping we evolve into a better version of ourselves this week.

My love of football is seriously waning at the moment, I've got tickets sorted for at least 7 of our next games but the motivation to go and watch isn't there anymore.

Thursday night and it’s all over, we’ll get off the hamster wheel and things will start looking different. It won’t necessarily be better immediately, but there’ll be space for some hope to re-emerge.

angelopetraglia
16-04-2024, 08:39 AM
Bevo speaking a lot clearer and making more sense in this mornings presser, it?s always harder post match after a bad loss to be fair.

He has handled the questions much better so far.

Go_Dogs
16-04-2024, 08:43 AM
Can’t listen in but good to hear AP

angelopetraglia
16-04-2024, 08:48 AM
He has given a good summary of why there has been changes. How the recent draft history of grabbing talls in Marra, Darcy and Buss impacted our inside mid depth especially with Baz injured and Dunkley and Lippa leaving.

Searching for players to play different roles.

angelopetraglia
16-04-2024, 08:57 AM
Listened to the Bevo presser on the plane, so missed a bit when the wifi dropped out. Will listen back again when I get the chance.

But I think he had rational arguments for the decisions and provided a decent summary of where we are at.

You may not agree. Many won?t. He did mention he gets the conjecture, but he explained his and clubs position reasonably well in my opinion.

angelopetraglia
16-04-2024, 08:58 AM
He did say that the accusations of disharmony are total fiction.

whythelongface
16-04-2024, 09:17 AM

There is no reason to suggest otherwise. The media thrive on the speculation and their first position after a poor performance and selection table decisions is that there is disharmony. This is even more so with Bevo as he has a prickly relationship with the media. It is good to hear his position is clearer as quite frankly it is hard to determine where we are currently at - are we in the window or are we in a mini rebuild. Where we were in the preseason (ie. Talk of being a top 4 chance) maybe unrealistic compared to where we actually are after a few games - to me it looks like we have rejigged our style and will take awhile to buy into especially with a few personnel changes. In saying that I feel Bevo has had many chances to change the way we play, but it is to early on in the season to sack the coach - ride out until round 15/16 to see where we are at. If there is no change then it will be time to move him on.

angelopetraglia
16-04-2024, 09:23 AM
Also, last night Caro said the messaging would change. He would be instructed.

Well the message was exactly the same as Friday night. He just spoke to it better, made more sense and was a lot more composed.

He basically said you can?t rebuild in the modern era with the rules in place. He also said that every club turns players over a span of 10 years regardless whether they are successful or not.

So basically you are always rejuvenating in one way or the other.

comrade
16-04-2024, 09:28 AM
McRae came in after pretty much the same team finished 17th, they became a unified group all singing from the same hymn book and the rest is history. There is this Daicos guy too :cool:

They also have players in the right roles. We have a gun CHB trying his hand as a forward & the best ruck/forward in the game masquerading as a primary ruck. Change those two things and suddenly the structural issues are much improved.

Grantysghost
16-04-2024, 09:28 AM

Everything looked amazingly harmonious on Friday ! I don't expect him to say anything other than that to be honest.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
16-04-2024, 09:38 AM
Everything looked amazingly harmonious on Friday ! I don't expect him to say anything other than that to be honest.

C'mon GG, I'm not sure that's a fair argument.
To think that friction won't occur and be visible, especially when what is happening must be so frustrating to the players and coaching teams alike. Even in successful teams, moments of visible and audible frustration and disagreement can occur. I don't think it's fair to then make a leap that this counters or invalidates Bevo's response to reports of disharmony in the media.

Grantysghost
16-04-2024, 09:48 AM
C'mon GG, I'm not sure that's a fair argument.
To think that friction won't occur and be visible, especially when what is happening must be so frustrating to the players and coaching teams alike. Even in successful teams, moments of visible and audible frustration and disagreement can occur. I don't think it's fair to then make a leap that this counters or invalidates Bevo's response to reports of disharmony in the media.

It was a bit tongue in cheek.

I think I've got Bevo fatigue. I just get the Charlie Brown teacher voice in my head every time he speaks now.

I think I've parted with him in my heart. I can't see him staying much longer.

macca
16-04-2024, 09:48 AM
He has given a good summary of why there has been changes. How the recent draft history of grabbing talls in Marra, Darcy and Buss impacted our inside mid depth especially with Baz injured and Dunkley and Lippa leaving.

The lack of mids coming through to replace Baz and Dunkley , makes sense. From the 2020 draft onwards, we have not had one young mid that has cemented their spot in the team.
Would love a Braedon Campbell, McCreery or Errol type in our type. Its crazy that Sydn picked up Errol at pick 32 in 2020 draft. Her e is summary of 2020 players (15 players) , played more than 40 games :

Pick Drafted By Player Games Since
32 Sydney Errol Gulden A 72
9 Essendon Archie Perkins 66
44 Collingwood Beau McCreery 65
20 Geelong Max Holmes 56
5 Sydney Braeden Campbell A 53
12 GWS Tanner Bruhn 53
17 Collingwood Oliver Henry 52
1 Western Bulldogs Jamarra Ugle-Hagan A 50
13 North Melbourne Tom Powell 50
4 Sydney Logan McDonald 49
50 Fremantle Brandon Walker A 49
21 Melbourne Jake Bowey 48
2 Adelaide Riley Thilthorpe 46
28 Adelaide Sam Berry 43
16 Port Adelaide Lachlan Jones A 40

North Melbourne, Hawks and WC are in a world of pain as some of these kids have not come through. With Tom Powell only player , who has played more than 40 games. They will most likely be in bottom 4 for a couple more years.

2021 draft , 16 players, played >30 games :
Pick Drafted By Player Games Since:
4 Collingwood Nick Daicos F 52
11 St Kilda Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera 46
26 Hawthorn Connor MacDonald 46
1 North Melbourne Jason Horne-Francis 44 (now at Port)
36 Adelaide Jake Soligo 42
35 North Melbourne Paul Curtis 41
47 St Kilda Marcus Windhager A 41
6 Adelaide Josh Rachele 39
13 Essendon Ben Hobbs 39
7 Hawthorn Josh Ward 35
31 West Coast Brady Hough 35
33 St Kilda Mitchito Owens A 35
16 Brisbane Darcy Wilmot 34
27 Carlton Jesse Motlop 33
3 GWS Finn Callaghan 30
8 Fremantle Jye Amiss 30

ledge
16-04-2024, 10:14 AM
I think we chase Finn Callaghan, Melbourne boy and his dad is married into the Beveridge family .. come on Luke get into Brett’s ear.
Seriously though it makes sense about having a hole in the midfield, fact is it’s easier to get mids than it is great talls , we have been gifted in that area and taken full advantage, losing Dunkley who is now in his prime and Smith who no one knew would be out for the year has been a blow but we did get Sanders but he will take a year or two , he seems to float across the ground and his delivery is good but I don’t see the hard, urgency and want for the ball in his game yet.
Losing Libba this week is a huge chance for Garcia and could take a lot of headaches away from Luke if he puts in a 25+ game.

Grantysghost
16-04-2024, 10:55 AM
I think we chase Finn Callaghan, Melbourne boy and his dad is married into the Beveridge family .. come on Luke get into Brett’s ear.
Seriously though it makes sense about having a hole in the midfield, fact is it’s easier to get mids than it is great talls , we have been gifted in that area and taken full advantage, losing Dunkley who is now in his prime and Smith who no one knew would be out for the year has been a blow but we did get Sanders but he will take a year or two , he seems to float across the ground and his delivery is good but I don’t see the hard, urgency and want for the ball in his game yet.
Losing Libba this week is a huge chance for Garcia and could take a lot of headaches away from Luke if he puts in a 25+ game.

He would cost ALOT. Absolute Gun.

Grantysghost
16-04-2024, 11:32 AM
I just listened to Charlie Brown's teacher and these are the main points I extracted :

- firm belief within our club that we are more than capable.
- significant level of confidence and belief
- Friday night was a significant jolt
- coach for the now and believe in the group
- every club organically has significant list turnover
- after 21 had a dip and doing everything we can to re-emerge
- can not rebuild in our competition
- rebuild infers youre knocking something down and building from the ground up
- experienced players here and there not getting a game due to form or preference for others
- you hope there's no pain but guys picking up those roles don't have a history at afl level, young guys don't necessarily have the best games all the time.
- Busslinger, Cleary emerging
- Have to consider Garcia and Harmes for Saints
- No regret on handling of Libba incident. Late in the game no one was totally aware of it . Ultra conservative with player welfare.
- Need to spread load and not have too much on libba
- Feel like there was a concussive episode, delayed. He passed all tests. Still a little bit of uncertainty.
- players on bigger contracts they are still required. Selection is based on form.
- last 4 drafts marra, sam, buss - means you're missing out on utilities in the draft the reason why we paid such a high price for Sanders. Lost Dunkley, Lipinski, Smith (injury). Need to now find the influence from within. So players will be playing different roles.
- Naughton is too critical in the forward line and we don't even think about him in defense.
- Want to create some momentum in wins
- Saints work hard and we have to be up for the fight.

Love it that Lippa is mentioned :cool:

ledge
16-04-2024, 11:52 AM
I just listened to Charlie Brown's teacher and these are the main points I extracted :

- firm belief within our club that we are more than capable.
- significant level of confidence and belief
- Friday night was a significant jolt
- coach for the now and believe in the group
- every club organically has significant list turnover
- after 21 had a dip and doing everything we can to re-emerge
- can not rebuild in our competition
- rebuild infers youre knocking something down and building from the ground up
- experienced players here and there not getting a game due to form or preference for others
- you hope there's no pain but guys picking up those roles don't have a history at afl level, young guys don't necessarily have the best games all the time.
- Busslinger, Cleary emerging
- Have to consider Garcia and Harmes for Saints
- No regret on handling of Libba incident. Late in the game no one was totally aware of it . Ultra conservative with player welfare.
- Need to spread load and not have too much on libba
- Feel like there was a concussive episode, delayed. He passed all tests. Still a little bit of uncertainty.
- players on bigger contracts they are still required. Selection is based on form.
- last 4 drafts marra, sam, buss - means you're missing out on utilities in the draft the reason why we paid such a high price for Sanders. Lost Dunkley, Lipinski, Smith (injury). Need to now find the influence from within. So players will be playing different roles.
- Naughton is too critical in the forward line and we don't even think about him in defense.
- Want to create some momentum in wins
- Saints work hard and we have to be up for the fight.

Love it that Lippa is mentioned :cool:

Well Lippa chose to leave I think we offered him a contract.
Lippa is a class lower than Macrae, accumulates less and less damaging.

Sedat
16-04-2024, 12:03 PM

Caro hasn't ventured onto the West Gate Bridge since 1979 - she hasn't got a farken clue what is happening behind the four walls at the kennel.

MrMahatma
16-04-2024, 01:25 PM
Well Lippa chose to leave I think we offered him a contract.
Lippa is a class lower than Macrae, accumulates less and less damaging.

Didn’t mention Hunter. Wing is still a gap on the list and he’s a good one who was moved on. Not for a second saying he shouldn’t have been, but it’s a gap we have now.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Didn’t mention Hunter. Wing is still a gap on the list and he’s a good one who was moved on. Not for a second saying he shouldn’t have been, but it’s a gap we have now.

Was going to say the same thing.

ledge
16-04-2024, 06:12 PM
Was going to say the same thing.

He hasn’t played a game this year has he ?

jeemak
16-04-2024, 07:07 PM
He hasn’t played a game this year has he ?

No he hasn't. But I think why Bevo left him out is because we pretty much moved him on.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 07:10 PM
Just watched his presser from today, and it was a much better performance.

If the dickheads in the media don't get it now, then there's no helping them. The "I just don't understand these bizarre decisions" brigade amongst them might take a while to quieten down, but it's pretty clear.

1eyedog
16-04-2024, 07:31 PM
Just watched his presser from today, and it was a much better performance.

If the dickheads in the media don't get it now, then there's no helping them. The "I just don't understand these bizarre decisions" brigade amongst them might take a while to quieten down, but it's pretty clear.

Bains definitely earning his keep here.

kruder
16-04-2024, 08:03 PM
Yeah agree Bevo spoke really well today without biting back at legitimate questions, it's not about the response to the media he needs to give more to the members. Today he did.

I still think he should have started the season with Naughty back with JOD well off the pace and Buku/Coffield raw but we will agree to disagree.

jeemak
16-04-2024, 08:08 PM
The main thing I can't reconcile about Naughton back is how the game can keep moving with him with his hands on the football.

Speed on the ball is a big thing, every time Naughton gets it up the ground the game slows down because he doesn't have the skill level of decisiveness to move the ball quickly.

I was previously a big believer that he should go back, but I just can't see how it works for him.

ledge
16-04-2024, 08:12 PM
The main thing I can't reconcile about Naughton back is how the game can keep moving with him with his hands on the football.

Speed on the ball is a big thing, every time Naughton gets it up the ground the game slows down because he doesn't have the skill level of decisiveness to move the ball quickly.

I was previously a big believer that he should go back, but I just can't see how it works for him.

Sorry I can’t agree , he actually moves it on quick, the only time he tends to stop is when he has no one in front of him and has to wait for them to get ahead of him.

FrediKanoute
16-04-2024, 10:06 PM

Dunks leavig the year after Lippa still makes me angry......seriously hope the Lions never win a flag with Dunks there

jeemak
16-04-2024, 10:09 PM
Sorry I can?t agree , he actually moves it on quick, the only time he tends to stop is when he has no one in front of him and has to wait for them to get ahead of him.

I don't mind, but you're wrong.

Let's hope we don't have to find out for real, I guess.

Bullies
17-04-2024, 08:58 AM
Dunks leavig the year after Lippa still makes me angry......seriously hope the Lions never win a flag with Dunks there Agree I was hoping we wouldn't miss Dunks but boy I didn't think we would miss him this much. He was the only one who seemed to be accountable in the guts. Also runs both ways. I too hope they never win a flag as they have a few flogs i would hate to see on the podium.

Scorlibo
17-04-2024, 01:09 PM

I don't think he sums up situations as quickly as other players but his intent is in the right place. He's also unusually good at moving through traffic for a guy of his size. I could see it working so long as the smalls around him know to provide a handball option.

Stevo
17-04-2024, 02:52 PM
Beveridge is caught in crossfire
For years our supporters want players picked on form but when well known players get dropped suddenly we don't have the heart for it.
When we lose a couple of games the cry to play the kids happens but when we play them suddenly our supporters don't have the heart for it when we lose.
Our supporters want us to run out games and fight to the end and to play prime time games but when we are down a few goals in the last they leave early themselves.
And when the coach gives his summary after a poor loss we pick apart what he says.
I get the feeling that a lot of the angst some in our supporter base have is due to the negative press we receive from a handful of radio and TV commentators. Don't listen to them because round 5 is way too early to consider coaching changes.

josie
17-04-2024, 03:22 PM
I don?t read much press, maybe what?s posted on woof and sometimes what?s in The Age. I support dropping of out of form senior players and blooding youngsters. I think we could?ve done more of this over the years & not held onto fringe types so long.

My criticism of coaching has been related to lack of respect for ruck work, poor defensive efforts, poor delivery into F50 etc. - same problems year after year.

Agree R5 too early to sack coach. However it?s with a sinking heart I think this season will be a wasted one (again) and the rot is starting to set in. I would dearly love to be wrong.

Go_Dogs
17-04-2024, 05:47 PM
For years our supporters want players picked on form but when well known players get dropped suddenly we don't have the heart for it.
When we lose a couple of games the cry to play the kids happens but when we play them suddenly our supporters don't have the heart for it when we lose.
Our supporters want us to run out games and fight to the end and to play prime time games but when we are down a few goals in the last they leave early themselves.
And when the coach gives his summary after a poor loss we pick apart what he says.
I get the feeling that a lot of the angst some in our supporter base have is due to the negative press we receive from a handful of radio and TV commentators. Don't listen to them because round 5 is way too early to consider coaching changes.

The joys of being a senior coach.

SonofScray
17-04-2024, 07:20 PM
I don?t read much press, maybe what?s posted on woof and sometimes what?s in The Age. I support dropping of out of form senior players and blooding youngsters. I think we could?ve done more of this over the years & not held onto fringe types so long.

My criticism of coaching has been related to lack of respect for ruck work, poor defensive efforts, poor delivery into F50 etc. - same problems year after year.

Agree R5 too early to sack coach. However it?s with a sinking heart I think this season will be a wasted one (again) and the rot is starting to set in. I would dearly love to be wrong.

I see this a bit, “it’s too early” why?

Sounds like kicking a can down the road.

bornadog
17-04-2024, 07:22 PM

I haven't read much of WOOF this week, but your summary is absolutely spot on.

Stevo
17-04-2024, 07:31 PM
I see this a bit, “it’s too early” why?

Sounds like kicking a can down the road.

You might as well make the hard call at the end of the season when there were some clashes with Grant.
If we go early we look very weak managers and I don't believe that is the case.
If things get worse we have a better basis to make the decision
If things get better we can reassess later in the year.

azabob
17-04-2024, 07:35 PM
I haven't read much of WOOF this week, but your summary is absolutely spot on.

Not sure if you saw the game Friday night but our performance was worse than the West Coast game from last year.

I’d say that is were majority of the angst is coming from.

JanLorMill
17-04-2024, 08:01 PM
Easy way to relieve pressure and stop the negative press. Start by beating the Saints otherwise it?s just getting worse.
We were well beaten by Essendon of course there should be media pressure.

macca
17-04-2024, 08:05 PM

Also, I think it did not help players were played out of position. The speed of the game has made this tactic backfire. Wasted list spots and game development in some players.

Yes, English is one of them, his not a bash and crash ruckman, his a fwd/ruck(pinch hit).

We seriously need speed and players who are good at playing at their positions. Would like to see a McCreey type mid. Maybe its Garcia ?

Coupled that with not getting the midfielders in 2021 onwards to cover , it has caught us out with Dunkley(leaving) and Smith(injured)

FrediKanoute
17-04-2024, 11:41 PM
Also, I think it did not help players were played out of position. The speed of the game has made this tactic backfire. Wasted list spots and game development in some players.

Yes, English is one of them, his not a bash and crash ruckman, his a fwd/ruck(pinch hit).

We seriously need speed and players who are good at playing at their positions. Would like to see a McCreey type mid. Maybe its Garcia ?

Coupled that with not getting the midfielders in 2021 onwards to cover , it has caught us out with Dunkley(leaving) and Smith(injured)

Good point. Our player development has been average and slow and misdirected.

I also challenge the notion that good player are out of form. Out of position yes, but form is questionable.

soupman
18-04-2024, 07:04 AM

Who is being played out of position atm?

English is raised but I literally the reigning AA ruck and has never really proven himself as anything else, Naughton gets played as a key forward by 18/18 clubs every week. Is that it?

I do find it funny that Beveridge is getting hammered over selection integrity when we have never embraced the concept more.

ReLoad
18-04-2024, 07:17 AM
I think for me it all comes down to a fairly over simplistic statement/question:

Are we under-performing?
Do we have a List which should have us in the top 4 and in all honesty capable of beating every team on our day?

If the answer is yes to both of those (Which i think it is) then clearly we have an issue with how we are managing the game day, i have no doubt were in a bit of a change phase with Bevo, hes trying to adapt, and i think he deserves our faith in that he should have a crack at it, will it happen instantly? no? but when has he had enough of a chance to implement the change? (btw i think the change was needed 24 months ago)

Bullies
18-04-2024, 07:48 AM
I get the feeling that a lot of the angst some in our supporter base have is due to the negative press we receive from a handful of radio and TV commentators. Don't listen to them because round 5 is way too early to consider coaching changes. Totally agree and good points you make.

Bevo did say prior to the season commencing that there would be changes to the team. He said we needed to introduce speed. He made a point by saying that if we were to keep the side as it was we were going to get the same results. He said we had to change the way we played and the personnel we use. He was fairly clear on that point.

Stevo
18-04-2024, 08:49 AM
Totally agree and good points you make.

Bevo did say prior to the season commencing that there would be changes to the team. He said we needed to introduce speed. He made a point by saying that if we were to keep the side as it was we were going to get the same results. He said we had to change the way we played and the personnel we use. He was fairly clear on that point.

Many of our supporters are impatient for results to come and I'm in that camp myself but many also aren't prepared to go through some of the pain that comes with accepting change and that is what is required to take a step forward. That's a huge challenge for many of our supporters. Looking at Collingwood success last year it was built around pace and fast movement on the footy so some of the slower players on our list aren't the walk up starts they previously were. That takes a bit of getting used to when you don't win. I get the sense that many of our supporters have the finger pointed directly at Beveridge and that's fine because he's the coach and the man that charts the course but 5 weeks into the season is way too early to change course.
I'm not against getting another coach but it's a problematic solution so early in the season.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 01:22 PM
It's not 5 weeks too early. It's either 2 years, or 6 years too late.

Rocco Jones
18-04-2024, 01:52 PM

Sacking him now and not sacking him there can both be errors. I think he should have been gone at the end of last season.

In terms of whether or not to sack him ASAP if we keep struggling, I think it's layered.

Firstly, is it becoming increasingly toxic? If they players have lost faith and basically don't want to play for him, he has to go ASAP.

If it's basically at the same level it's been at for awhile, then what are the options for our caretaker. Overseas you'd be able to do next coach process whenever, here we are a lot more rigid. Like with player movement. If we were able to interview assistants, whoever we thought was a suitable candidate etc, sure sack him. But if it's a choice of one of your assistants it can become difficult and making a bad problem worse.

I'll call out mjp here if he wants to respond but if I were an assistant, I'm not sure I'd want the caretaker job. It can leave an awkward situation if they are aspirational and don't get the job. We'd want a coach who cares more about our future than their own (totally understandable if they were that way inclined).

Like with a lot of things it's not just identifying the problem, it's pretty clear but how we go about the solution. Smashing is easy, building is hard.

Sedat
18-04-2024, 02:05 PM
Sacking him now and not sacking him there can both be errors. I think he should have been gone at the end of last season.

In terms of whether or not to sack him ASAP if we keep struggling, I think it's layered.

Firstly, is it becoming increasingly toxic? If they players have lost faith and basically don't want to play for him, he has to go ASAP.

If it's basically at the same level it's been at for awhile, then what are the options for our caretaker. Overseas you'd be able to do next coach process whenever, here we are a lot more rigid. Like with player movement. If we were able to interview assistants, whoever we thought was a suitable candidate etc, sure sack him. But if it's a choice of one of your assistants it can become difficult and making a bad problem worse.

I'll call out mjp here if he wants to respond but if I were an assistant, I'm not sure I'd want the caretaker job. It can leave an awkward situation if they are aspirational and don't get the job. We'd want a coach who cares more about our future than their own (totally understandable if they were that way inclined).

Like with a lot of things it's not just identifying the problem, it's pretty clear but how we go about the solution. Smashing is easy, building is hard.
I would want a bigger sample size of people than Caro, Kane-o and Damo before determining if the playing group is toxic.

It doesn't look like the players en masse have had a gutful of the senior coach (yet). It looks like an inconsistent team trying to change methodology in the way we play with mixed results across the first 5 weeks of implementation. Just in the last 2-3 seasons, all of Carlton, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood and GWS have fundamentally changed their game plan/playing personnel with varying degrees of teething problems/success.

I would love us to have a bankable strong D50 intercept game, scores from turnover game and fast ball movement game. I really don't want to see the "hack kick clearance because we have an extra at the stoppage and then get torched on the turnover" game plan ever again.

Rocco Jones
18-04-2024, 02:12 PM
I would want a bigger sample size of people than Caro, Kane-o and Damo before determining if the playing group is toxic.

I've said this a bit. Bevo and AFL media are like Murdoch Press and leader of ALP/Democrats/Labor et al. Leaders/Bevo can need no help to look awful but the media will smash them whatever they do.

The trio mentioned not only hate Bevo but they have a lot of pull with AFL media. Well it's a real boy's club (Caro Thatcher like I guess) and they stick together.

Their narrative for Bevo he has a dynasty list and should have won 2-3 flags. They are setting him up to fail and overrating our list a big part of that. That said, I also think Bevo is cooked but he can be both cooked + have his rep unfairly eroded by media.

The narrative for Sam 'Football Genius (according to Kane)' Mitchell is that he is basically coaching a school footy side and getting more wins than North or Eagles is a huge accomplishment.

I agree the players do not look like they are completely over him.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 02:18 PM
There's also another element at play, in that the more the likes of Corns, Wilson and Barrett are ripping into us and that consuming the airwaves, the less talk there is of concussion, homophobia, gambling saturation and drug abuse in the game.

Matthew Lloyd honestly said we're the biggest story in the AFL right now. Think about that for a moment. A middling team is middling, and it's the biggest story in the game versus those things.

2016 and 2021 are the outliers, finishing just inside the eight or just missing is the trend, but people carry on as if we should be making top four every year. It's busted up.

Sedat
18-04-2024, 02:22 PM
There's also another element at play, in that the more the likes of Corns, Wilson and Barrett are ripping into us and that consuming the airwaves, the less talk there is of concussion, homophobia, gambling saturation and drug abuse in the game.

Matthew Lloyd honestly said we're the biggest story in the AFL right now. Think about that for a moment. A middling team is middling, and it's the biggest story in the game versus those things.

2016 and 2021 are the outliers, finishing just inside the eight or just missing is the trend, but people carry on as if we should be making top four every year. It's busted up.
Agree with all of this, but to be fair we ourselves put on the table top 4 and a sustained period of contending after our finals loss in 2020. That was tracking along perfectly until the 20 minute mark of the 3rd qtr of the 2021 GF. We are being hoisted by our own petard at the moment.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 02:32 PM
Agree with all of this, but to be fair we ourselves put on the table top 4 and a sustained period of contending after our finals loss in 2020. That was tracking along perfectly until the 20 minute mark of the 3rd qtr of the 2021 GF. We are being hoisted by our own petard at the moment.

I appreciate that view, but you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in clubland, and coming out after the 2023 finals exit and saying that we don't think challenging for top four was realistic would have created even louder howls than we're hearing today.

GVGjr
18-04-2024, 02:38 PM

Well if we were to have considered that move seriously then surely we could have done so when there was some passionate discussions between Grant and Beverdige back in August and September last year or perhaps in October after the finals were completed.
April seems a a strange time to force a change through.

I go back to when Paul Roos took over for Eade early in the season. Sydney had Wallace in their sights and thought Roos was just going to run down the clock for the season. Instead he got them competitive, worked the sponsors and drummed up significant support amongst the supporters, media and sponsors and not forgetting that the players embraced him.
Now if we handed the keys to either Egan or Lade too early there could be a real problem for finding the right replacement if Egan or Lade were to string 5 or 6 wins late in the season and get us into the finals.
If push comes to shove the later we make the change the better chance we have of getting the right replacement.

macca
18-04-2024, 02:44 PM
This all sack the coach and team division is a whole media beatup. I dont believe it for a minute what they are trying to sell. Its just to gain more click bait and air time. Caro, do a story on how bad richmond was last week? Why doesn't Mitchell get more scrutiny ? The hawks are going to finish bottom 4 again this year.

The list needs to be played, so thats what is happening with varied results. We know there are gaps in the list.

Centre: English gets mauled by good stoppage ruckman. If Libba and Bonts gets beaten, we lose the clearances . So the MC need to fix this

FWD: our leading patterns suck, and we still suffer from bomb it into our forward line game style. Our goal kick lets us down when it matters. The players need to practice goal kicking under fatigue. Our positioning at the drop of the ball is non-existent ( in the essendon game I noticed)

The 2 way running disappers when we are under pressure from the midfield.

Backs: We are clearly lacking a 2nd tall backman. Buku does not have the strength to out body stronger opponents. Invest games into hime now. to build his game experience and develop his strength. Not sure if we try to look for a Jackson Paine type player in the midseason draft. Our kicking out of defense has created some terrible clangers this year, which they need to fix. Bailey Dale out of form does not help. Maybe opposition teams have worked him out ?

The game plan has changed and in 2 games the players have responded extremely poorly ( Melb and Essendon), it was really poor effort. The Geelong game, if we were disciplined and polished as a team, we could have won it.

I reckon the Coaches know where things are going wrong. The talent or lack of talent on our list has not allowed us to executed consistently under pressure. We have players who are not natural footballers but they are on our list. So when the pressure comes up to execute, they just not up to it . VDM last week , on 45 degree angle 35-40 m out , fails to kick a goal. At other end , it was jones or Langford, nails the same shot! VDM gets to the right places, its his lack of polish that fails to deliver. He does not kick enough goals for a fwd.

I am in the keep the coach camp.

macca
18-04-2024, 02:52 PM
I've often wondered who our 'scrappers' are. They guys who are barely talented enough to play football but do everything in their power to make it. The guys who were overlooked for years before getting their chance. The guy who puts his teammate on notice if they cut any corners.
The Matthew Boyd playing Frankston 2nds as a 19 year old. The Liam Picken freezing his arse off in the middle of winter at Williamstown.
The 22 year old Tory Dickson running around Noble Park. Tim Callan in the same boat for mine - delisted by Geelong, never made a rep squad as a junior, etc

Harvey G was overlooked in his draft year and I like that selection, but who else by their mere presence sharpens up the guys who came through the regular pathway?

Great cal out Aexman on HarveyG. I think we have found a player here.

azabob
18-04-2024, 06:25 PM
Ok spill….
Kane Cornes has written an article for the age with the headline

Bevo must go and Montgomery should replace him…

GG can you do your link magic so we can view?

angelopetraglia
18-04-2024, 06:30 PM
Currently mobile but will post when I?m in front of a computer.

Half the article is about Monty. He has been called out for not mentioning that Monty is his Premiership teammate.

Basically it?s, sack Bevo and get Monty because he so good at all these things (very long list(.

SonofScray
18-04-2024, 06:38 PM
Well if we were to have considered that move seriously then surely we could have done so when there was some passionate discussions between Grant and Beverdige back in August and September last year or perhaps in October after the finals were completed.
April seems a a strange time to force a change through.

I go back to when Paul Roos took over for Eade early in the season. Sydney had Wallace in their sights and thought Roos was just going to run down the clock for the season. Instead he got them competitive, worked the sponsors and drummed up significant support amongst the supporters, media and sponsors and not forgetting that the players embraced him.
Now if we handed the keys to either Egan or Lade too early there could be a real problem for finding the right replacement if Egan or Lade were to string 5 or 6 wins late in the season and get us into the finals.
If push comes to shove the later we make the change the better chance we have of getting the right replacement.

I think that's a fair summary of how things can go amiss and why April would be a weird time to make the call.

I reject pretty much everything else I've seen and heard so far from the "it's too early" crowd though. If you aren't taking forward steps, you are going backwards. We can't wait for, or expect a guaranteed optimal outcome to emerge before engaging in the process. If the processes are correct and enough folk pull the same way, you make it work. We all have to live with some uncertainty at work from time to time.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 06:44 PM
This is the Corns article:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/why-beveridge-has-to-go-and-the-man-who-should-replace-him-20240418-p5fkqt.html

Why Beveridge has to go – and the man who should replace him

The Dogs are barking, but not in a way that gives their premiership coach, Luke Beveridge, any comfort. And they might soon bite him, ending the unease and confusion that currently defines the Western Bulldogs.

Pressure is building on Beveridge, and despite public denials from both the club and coach, it is clear that the relationship is strained and change is needed.

After joining the Bulldogs in 2014 and orchestrating a memorable premiership in 2016 with a resilient, injury-plagued squad, Beveridge has enjoyed a grand honeymoon while securing his legacy as a club legend.

The seven-year itch was evident last season when the Bulldogs failed to qualify for the finals. Now Beveridge and the club seem at odds on what should be achieved this season. The club rightly believes it should be contending for a premiership. The coach appears to have a different belief, although Beveridge’s confused post-match address last Friday night makes it difficult to read his intentions.

Last year’s disappointing finish led to a surprise Peter Jackson-led external review and significant changes within the football department.

The newly arrived Matt Egan was promoted to a new role as general manager of football operations, reporting to Chris Grant, whose focus shifted to strategy and innovation.

Beveridge survived, probably due to the club extending his contract in 2022.

This season has begun in disappointing fashion. The Bulldogs are clearly underperforming, with a 2-3 record that has them in 11th place ahead of Thursday night’s clash with St Kilda.

Defensive woes persist, reflecting Beveridge’s apparent disregard for this critical aspect of the game. Since their premiership triumph in 2016, the Bulldogs have consistently ranked poorly in the key defensive markers. This season, they rank 14th of 18 in defending the opposition’s ball movement out of their forward line.

In last Friday’s match against Essendon, the Bulldogs conceded a troubling 43 points from Essendon’s defensive half. The Bombers piled on 10 of the last 11 goals to secure a convincing 29-point victory.

Since 2021, only West Coast, North Melbourne and Hawthorn have been worse at stopping the opposition’s momentum.

The attention on Beveridge’s unusual selection moves should not overshadow the fundamental issue that has persisted throughout his coaching tenure. It appears that Beveridge either undervalues the importance of defensive aspects in the game or lacks the ability to effectively coach and implement sound defensive strategies. This critical deficiency has been a consistent and concerning theme.

Despite having the 2023 All-Australian ruckman, Tim English, and two of the game’s best clearance players in Marcus Bontempelli and Tom Liberatore, Essendon’s young midfield outscored the Bulldogs by 16 points from stoppages.

It’s becoming increasingly clear that Beveridge’s coaching methods have fallen behind the league’s best. This was evident in the loss to Geelong in round four when Beveridge was again out-coached by Chris Scott. Scott has won seven of his past eight match-ups against Beveridge.

Beyond strategy and tactics, a growing concern surrounds Beveridge’s treatment of certain players within the club, including triple All-Australian Jack Macrae, All-Australian half-backs Bailey Dale and Caleb Daniel and impressive first-year player Ryley Sanders.

The damage to these players’ reputations raises concerns about player management and the coach’s capacity to maximise each player’s strengths.

In Beveridge’s post-game media conference on Friday night, he spoke of the team needing to endure some pain to evolve. He clearly doubts the quality of the list. On Tuesday, Beveridge dismissed the idea of a rift with players as “total fiction” and described rebuilds as a myth.

Most clubs would wish for the amount of talent and top-end draft picks the Bulldogs have been fortunate to bring to their club.

As with Adam Kingsley at GWS and Craig McRae at Collingwood, a new coach with infectious energy, clear messaging, and a well-rounded, strategic game plan would have instant success with this squad. It is good enough to compete with the top-four sides.

If Beveridge falls, the vacancy will be the best coaching opportunity in a long time. GWS assistant coach and former Western Bulldogs player Brett Montgomery should fill it.

When Kingsley was asked on Monday whether his assistant and premiership teammate Montgomery was ready to be a senior coach, the answer was emphatic. “Yeah, he certainly is, he’s been terrific for our group. He’s coaching our backs and our defence, and he’s had significant influence, not only on those guys but also on the building. Staff, players, he’s doing a great job for us and I think he’s certainly ready to be a senior coach in my eyes,” Kingsley said on SEN.

In direct contrast to the Bulldogs’ game plan, Montgomery has implemented a sophisticated defensive system that often bamboozles the opposition. It relies heavily on its high forwards guarding the corridor and forcing the opposition slow and wide. The team’s ability to score off turnover is elite.

Those at the Giants attest that Montgomery’s strongest attribute is his teaching ability. His approach involves and empowers players during meetings, keeping them highly engaged by allowing them to drive large parts of the discussion when assessing game footage. Montgomery deeply understands the game plan and creates unwavering confidence in its execution.

On retirement as a player, Montgomery transitioned to coaching by joining Carlton as an assistant. He later became Beveridge’s trusted deputy at the Bulldogs from 2014 to 2016. However, Montgomery’s tenure ended under unusual circumstances just before the finals in 2016.

At the end of the 2018 season, Montgomery was offered an assistant coaching role at Port Adelaide. Across four seasons, he was in charge of various portfolios, including the back line, team defence and midfield.

Montgomery left Port Adelaide at the end of 2022 and was immediately hired by the Giants.

Port Adelaide were deeply impressed by Montgomery’s tactical acumen but his abrasive communication style strained some relationships within the club. Known for setting high standards and maintaining a strong belief in his game philosophy, Montgomery was not shy about pushing back against dissenting opinions during his tenure at the Power.

Having served nearly 20 years as an assistant coach, Montgomery’s aspirations of becoming a senior coach would have become increasingly apparent and difficult to conceal.

It is as clear as the Dogs’ need for change.

jeemak
18-04-2024, 06:47 PM
This mistreatment of players line of criticism is the most baffling to me. It's almost as if Corns believes reputations are all that matters and that performances don't.

Probably something he may have benefitted from at times during his career, so I understand it on that level. The hyperbole about Sanders treatment is beyond a joke.

And I'm sick of hearing about how many stars we have, without any understanding of the nuances of putting together a balanced team to take the field and the dearth of highly competent personnel in key areas like intercepting defenders and wings. It's so cheap and transparent.

Someone will end up clipping him one day. He'll find out the hard way that riling up people so much over time and so directly isn't a great long term strategy for keeping a face in tact.

bornadog
18-04-2024, 06:58 PM
Ok spill?.
Kane Cornes has written an article for the age with the headline

Bevo must go and Montgomery should replace him?

GG can you do your link magic so we can view?

Cornes is a fwit

ledge
18-04-2024, 07:25 PM
Cornes is a fwit

Captain obvious :-)

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 07:27 PM
Cornes is a fwit

Absolutely. It's scary that I'm agreeing with him a lot though.

ledge
18-04-2024, 07:32 PM
Could be a couple of finished careers tonight.

Grantysghost
18-04-2024, 07:32 PM
Delete

EasternWest
18-04-2024, 08:53 PM
Absolutely. It's scary that I'm agreeing with him a lot though.

Ummmm

G-Mo77
18-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Ummmm

Ok. I'll wear that tonight but this wonderful win tonight counts for 0 of we come out and let Freo push us around. We've got to keep backing up wins and put consistent performances for the rest of the season.

MrMahatma
19-04-2024, 07:22 AM
I’m pleased Monty is possibly gonna be in the mix for future senior coaching jobs somewhere. Whether it’s with us or not. Always liked him.

angelopetraglia
19-04-2024, 07:37 AM
Kane has doubled down this morning. Last night vindicated his article.

The Dogs list wants for nothing and is the second best in the competition after the Brisbane Lions. That they can produce that last night shows how badly they are coached. They have no system and can't defend. They have not wanted to defend for 18 months.

angelopetraglia
19-04-2024, 07:43 AM
So according to Kane. When the Dogs win it is due to pure playing talent. When we lose it is due to the fact Bevo can't coach.

bulldogtragic
19-04-2024, 07:49 AM
Meh. The guy wants attention and relevance. Why give him it. It’s just white noise.

angelopetraglia
19-04-2024, 07:51 AM
Meh. The guy wants attention and relevance. Why give him it. It’s just white noise.

Yes. Agree with that.

azabob
19-04-2024, 08:03 AM
Kane has doubled down this morning. Last night vindicated his article.

The Dogs list wants for nothing and is the second best in the competition after the Brisbane Lions. That they can produce that last night shows how badly they are coached. They have no system and can't defend. They have not wanted to defend for 18 months.

Well jeemak did say they would double down.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
19-04-2024, 08:15 AM
Well jeemak did say they would double down.

What else can they do? Their whole career is predicated on not looking for nuanced and complex arguments, but rather trying to look like Nostradamus by throwing out tonnes of opinions, and then when one has some resonance, amping it up.

Grantysghost
19-04-2024, 08:17 AM
Kane's game only works with views. Like oxygen for a fire.
Not worth our energy.

Happy Days
19-04-2024, 10:23 AM
Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I’ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.

MrMahatma
19-04-2024, 03:47 PM
Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I’ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.

I'd buy tickets.

jeemak
19-04-2024, 03:54 PM
It would be a wrist punch extravaganza.

Axe Man
19-04-2024, 04:10 PM
Kane has lost a lot of esteem now that I?ve seen definitive proof that I could easily bash him.

He's coming to speak at my footy club sponsors day next month, come down and give him a clip if you like. :D

bornadog
19-04-2024, 05:48 PM
He's coming to speak at my footy club sponsors day next month, come down and give him a clip if you like. :D
Give him a map to the Nets HD will be waiting

EasternWest
19-04-2024, 05:59 PM

Uploaded straight to PH.

FrediKanoute
19-04-2024, 10:02 PM
Ok. I'll wear that tonight but this wonderful win tonight counts for 0 of we come out and let Freo push us around. We've got to keep backing up wins and put consistent performances for the rest of the season.

I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the haters to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.

EasternWest
20-04-2024, 07:40 AM
I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the haters to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.

Wouldn't it be the truth tho?

SonofScray
20-04-2024, 05:53 PM
I agree. In fact I will go so far as to say if we don't do the business against Freo it will just cause the extremely passionate, intelligent and handsome fans who just want what’s best for the club to double down and reinforce the perception that we cannot be trusted and that as a team we are soft flat track bullies.

Edited for accuracies sake.

1eyedog
20-04-2024, 11:39 PM

It will be more than haters it will be many of our own.

jeemak
21-04-2024, 04:39 PM
Are we saying that if we lose this week Bevo is on the chopping block again, no matter the circumstances?

azabob
21-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Are we saying that if we lose this week Bevo is on the chopping block again, no matter the circumstances?

Of course sections of supporters and media will be calling for his head.

Surely your not surprised by that?

jeemak
21-04-2024, 05:18 PM
Of course sections of supporters and media will be calling for his head.

Surely your not surprised by that?

Probably not surprised, more so bored.

Perth is a difficult proposition for any team, let alone a middling one coming up against another middling one that just got stung by a Derby loss to an ordinary WCE.

EasternWest
21-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Probably not surprised, more so bored.

Perth is a difficult proposition for any team, let alone a middling one coming up against another middling one that just got stung by a Derby loss to an ordinary WCE.

A really really really handsome poster said something like "we'll beat St Kilda comfortably and wonder what all the angst was about but then get starched by Freo and be back here again" to paraphrase.

I agree with that guy.

jeemak
21-04-2024, 05:57 PM
A really really really handsome poster said something like "we'll beat St Kilda comfortably and wonder what all the angst was about but then get starched by Freo and be back here again" to paraphrase.

I agree with that guy.

I doubt anyone smart enough to say that would also be handsome.

EasternWest
21-04-2024, 07:34 PM
I doubt anyone smart enough to say that would also be handsome.

Hard to believe, but I've seen him and he's dreamy.

bornadog
21-04-2024, 07:56 PM
Hard to believe, but I've seen him and he's dreamy.

Have we met ?:D

EasternWest
21-04-2024, 09:23 PM
Have we met ?:D

Not that you know of, but don't open the wardrobe door too wide tonight.

Besides, we know it wasn't you that I quoted, because that particularly handsome guy said something critical about the Bulldogs :).

bornadog
21-04-2024, 09:27 PM
Not that you know of, but don't open the wardrobe door too wide tonight.

Besides, we know it wasn't you that I quoted, because that particularly handsome guy said something critical about the Bulldogs :).

Nah he never says anything critical

ledge
22-04-2024, 09:04 AM
So at the start of the year we were hopeful but also commented about if we were going well Bevo is safe if we weren’t he should go.
Well round 6 and we are 3-3 and still no idea on whether we are good or bad.
If that isn’t the life of a bulldog supporter what is ?
You want to be a bulldog supporter I hope your a 50/50 person in life.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-04-2024, 10:21 AM
So at the start of the year we were hopeful but also commented about if we were going well Bevo is safe if we weren?t he should go.
Well round 6 and we are 3-3 and still no idea on whether we are good or bad.
If that isn?t the life of a bulldog supporter what is ?
You want to be a bulldog supporter I hope your a 50/50 person in life.

Good point.

I feel like we've had years of having no idea if this team is legit or not. And it feels the same yet again despite any pre season predictions.

At the start of the year I would've predicted 3-3 and would've thought that was OK. Losses to dees, cats and saints but wins over suns, Eagles and bombers.

What does that mean? Well I suppose we're a middling team. But are we? The freo game will tell us everything right!?

angelopetraglia
22-04-2024, 08:32 PM
"That is not personal criticism, that's professional criticism and it stacks up." @kanecornes responds to the Bulldogs' CEO's comments about the media scrutiny on Luke Beveridge.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1782353446081122408

(Caro reveals that the club reached out to her about her critisim of Luke Beveridge).

jeemak
22-04-2024, 08:50 PM
Johnno is a complete ****en dullard sometimes and I knew that would come back to bite us.

What a dumbshit.

Wilson basically denying knowledge of appearances of people at the club in HER INDUSTRY is classic Caroline Wilson. Whatever Kornes says is to be taken with a grain of salt, omitting actual facts and using a megaphone to blast your opinion across multiple platforms is actually making it personal if your targeting doesn't change.

my plums
22-04-2024, 08:57 PM
I didn’t have a problem with what Johnno said. What’s the issue? “Bevo is ok at the moment”? Do we know what he was responding to? May have been clip chimped

bornadog
22-04-2024, 08:58 PM
"That is not personal criticism, that's professional criticism and it stacks up." @kanecornes responds to the Bulldogs' CEO's comments about the media scrutiny on Luke Beveridge.

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1782353446081122408

(Caro reveals that the club reached out to her about her critisim of Luke Beveridge).

What a moron he is. Every year he makes up a story about Bevo, every single year.

jeemak
22-04-2024, 09:02 PM
I didn’t have a problem with what Johnno said. What’s the issue? “Bevo is ok at the moment”? Do we know what he was responding to? May have been clip chimped

Not being smart enough to know how it would be weaponised against the coach of the club he played for and employs him on a part time basis.

my plums
22-04-2024, 09:45 PM
Not being smart enough to know how it would be weaponised against the coach of the club he played for and employs him on a part time basis.

Fair call. I'd love to say the media doesn't affect the club but if they have approached Caro about her reporting i guess it does.

jeemak
22-04-2024, 09:50 PM
Fair call. I'd love to say the media doesn't affect the club but if they have approached Caro about her reporting i guess it does.

In essence Johnno epitomised what is wrong with the football media. If a coach doesn't talk in the merest of clich?s or dumb things down to a severely basic level, the football media can't understand or process what's beings said.

Bevo definitely had a shit press conference after the Essendon game, but all year outside of that he's been clear with his selection reasoning and strategy, and has enacted it on field. Johnno played into the Kano theory of bizarre selections playing out, as if they hadn't been explained thoroughly.

And I get nobody has to agree with the selections, but calling fully reasoned and explained selections bizarre is essentially why the attacks on Beveridge are personal. Outside of interpretive dance, I'm not sure what the guy can do to articulate his reasoning any further.

MrMahatma
23-04-2024, 07:00 AM
In essence Johnno epitomised what is wrong with the football media. If a coach doesn't talk in the merest of clich?s or dumb things down to a severely basic level, the football media can't understand or process what's beings said.

Bevo definitely had a shit press conference after the Essendon game, but all year outside of that he's been clear with his selection reasoning and strategy, and has enacted it on field. Johnno played into the Kano theory of bizarre selections playing out, as if they hadn't been explained thoroughly.

And I get nobody has to agree with the selections, but calling fully reasoned and explained selections bizarre is essentially why the attacks on Beveridge are personal. Outside of interpretive dance, I'm not sure what the guy can do to articulate his reasoning any further.

Bevo does talk in a way that means you’ve sometimes gotta listen to what he says a couple of times to get it. But I don’t think he’s been contradictory this season. Form and our game plan have dictated selection. Simple.

ledge
23-04-2024, 09:00 AM
Bevo does talk in a way that means you’ve sometimes gotta listen to what he says a couple of times to get it. But I don’t think he’s been contradictory this season. Form and our game plan have dictated selection. Simple.

Well there is one player who is playing and hasn’t performed and that’s Sanders, if he was another player as a mid fielder and only got 6 possessions ? In 3/4 he wouldn’t be playing.

azabob
23-04-2024, 09:59 AM
Well there is one player who is playing and hasn’t performed and that’s Sanders, if he was another player as a mid fielder and only got 6 possessions ? In 3/4 he wouldn’t be playing.

Ledge = Dog
Sanders = Bone

If i'm picking up what your saying Ledge, Sanders should be dropped? ;)

bulldogsthru&thru
23-04-2024, 10:39 AM
Ledge = Dog
Sanders = Bone

If i'm picking up what your saying Ledge, Sanders should be dropped? ;)

Srednas Pord

DadBod
27-04-2024, 10:23 PM
Absolute kindergarten errors and fkn zone got picked apart again and again. Dale was good. Treloar was selfish when in the 50. Bontempelli needs to learn how to fkn kick straight, the shot was harder to miss. Naughton got spanked, as did Lobb. CD was terrible.

Just a poor showing.

SonofScray
27-04-2024, 10:27 PM
The merry-go-round continues.

A few more laps, the folk enjoying the murals on the roof implore.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-04-2024, 10:31 PM
The merry-go-round continues.

A few more laps, the folk enjoying the murals on the roof implore.

Downside is if we get a new coach, the list probably doesn't change much. That's my concern.

We need to change the list.

bulldogtragic
27-04-2024, 10:31 PM
I don’t have an answer. But the question is Bevo the man for a rebuild because this list ain’t contending.

JanLorMill
27-04-2024, 11:02 PM
Don’t make the 8 he has to walk

bulldogtragic
27-04-2024, 11:06 PM
Don’t make the 8 he has to walk

Well that was rumour he’d do last year when thinking we’d make the 8. So I wouldn’t bet on it. KWW might have to do something.

Eastdog
27-04-2024, 11:09 PM
I'm sure will be on Footy Clas again this week. Cornes will have another dig at Bevo.

But in all seriousness I believe if we miss the 8 then I am for a change at the top with the coach to get some fresh ideas. We should not have jumped to sign him up as quick as we did. I get that it was from the goodwill on 2021 in making the Grand Final.

He is in his 10th season now and it just hasn't been good since we won the flag. 2015 and 2016 were the best seasons we have had just so enjoyable and Bevo won us the flag which all of us we forever be grateful for.

EasternWest
27-04-2024, 11:09 PM
Well that was rumour he’d do last year when thinking we’d make the 8. So I wouldn’t bet on it. KWW might have to do something.

Who?

bulldogtragic
27-04-2024, 11:10 PM
Who?

I want to say a board member. But don’t hold me to it.

EasternWest
27-04-2024, 11:11 PM
I want to say a board member. But don’t hold me to it.

Damn I wanted you to say Ronnie Pickering

JanLorMill
27-04-2024, 11:12 PM
That’s part of the problem. Not sure any of our key posts are working. President, ceo, coach, list manager. All survived the reviews

Eastdog
27-04-2024, 11:14 PM
That’s part of the problem. Not sure any of our key posts are working. President, ceo, coach, list manager.

Very important these things are right going forward from right at the top. It really is a bit of everything with our issues and should not be placed all on the coach but pressure is building on Bevo which is fair and he is fully aware of that.

jeemak
01-05-2024, 09:53 PM
I read this article and thought it could have been about the Bulldogs.

Brisbane who are playing worse than us right now, with a more balanced and talented list are suffering a malaise apparently caused by the players, if you believe Paul Roos. Leigh Matthews piping up when Bevo was being pilloried post match a few weeks ago may have been handy as well:

‘It’s absolute garbage’: The footy flop that was ‘borderline embarrassing’

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/it-s-absolute-garbage-the-footy-flop-that-was-borderline-embarrassing-20240430-p5fnwa.html

..........Legendary coach Paul Roos, who also played 269 games for Fitzroy, was scathing in his assessment of the Lions in his new podcast, ABC AFL Daily, hosted by Catherine Murphy.

“Had enough, too hard, not interested any more in playing for each other,” Roos said.

“I’ve been through this as a coach. [Chris Fagan] would be really worried. Really, really, worried. Lazy on defence, their two brilliant forwards aren’t buying in any more.

“This is about what decision these Brisbane Lions players want to make. Do they still want to play for each other? Do they still want to win a premiership? It’s hard work, but what I’m seeing from some of their star players or some of their so-called star players is garbage, it’s absolute garbage.”..........

..........Channel Nine’s Footy Classified panellist and The Age columnist Kane Cornes stated it was Fagan’s job to know what the problem was. But triple-premiership Brisbane Lions coach and club director Leigh Matthews scoffed at that.

“I kind of just shake my head,” a frustrated Matthews said on 3AW. “People who are talking about coaching, let alone coaches’ press conferences, who have never actually been the victim of one of those press conferences before.

“Any coach worth his salt will look at the replay before firming his own thinking. Then you decide what to go to your players with...........

bulldogtragic
05-05-2024, 05:00 PM
I think this could be it.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-05-2024, 05:12 PM
I think this could be it.

Just end it.

This can't continue to go on and on and on.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2024, 05:14 PM
Just end it.

This can't continue to go on and on and on.

I’m sure the club thinks it can. Except there’s virtually no new members signing up so maybe the bottom line might conn me d into things.

azabob
05-05-2024, 05:23 PM
It’s fairly dire at the ground. No atmosphere.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2024, 05:40 PM
Bye bye Bevo.

We had some fun. Thanks for the memories, but good bye.

Happy Days
05-05-2024, 05:45 PM
Yeah it’s time.

EasternWest
05-05-2024, 06:45 PM
I don't really regard myself as a sack Bevo guy - I vacillate a bit - but surely that's it.

chef
05-05-2024, 06:50 PM
It's time. Rip off the band aid.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-05-2024, 06:51 PM
It's at the VERY least 8 months too late.

I just have no confidence we'll actually do it. The club is a dumpster fire but we'll keep ignoring it.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2024, 06:52 PM
It's at the VERY least 8 months too late.

I just have no confidence we'll actually do it. The club is a dumpster fire but we'll keep ignoring it.

Then it’s time for a board challenge. Enough is enough.

Grantysghost
05-05-2024, 06:52 PM
It's time. Rip off the band aid.
Yep, Bevo is cooked.

Time to move forward.

comrade
05-05-2024, 06:56 PM
He has lost the group and you can?t sack 40 players unfortunately. It?s time for a new direction.

jeemak
05-05-2024, 06:59 PM
Players that he's defended time and time again, that he's backed time and time again, have absolutely short changed him.

Put him out of his misery, get someone in to rip the players apart.

jazzadogs
05-05-2024, 07:04 PM
Just called Ser Ilyn Payne.

I don't think the axe has ever been sharper.

Grantysghost
05-05-2024, 07:05 PM
Players that he's defended time and time again, that he's backed time and time again, have absolutely short changed him.

Yes its all the players fault.

JanLorMill
05-05-2024, 07:06 PM
Walking or being pushed?

Testekill
05-05-2024, 07:08 PM
Walking or being pushed?

He'll fall on his own sword but he'll be pushed, told that he either leaves now and saves some face or he leaves at the end of the season with a team that he has clearly lost.

anfo27
05-05-2024, 07:08 PM
If it doesn't happen now, how bad does it have to get for the club or bevo to finally end the bevo era?

jeemak
05-05-2024, 07:09 PM
Yes its all the players fault.

I don't think his coaching is without some blind spots that need addressing. But this group of players continually fluff their lines when they need to execute the basics to keep us in games or get us ahead in them.

Whether it's butchering a kick or handball, being selfish, or simply not putting the effort in, this group of players lapse all the time.

bulldogtragic
05-05-2024, 07:11 PM
If it doesn't happen now, how bad does it have to get for the club or bevo to finally end the bevo era?

If they let this season wither and die on the vine I fear our stagnant membership will go badly backwards next year. There’s no ideal time, but there’s the right time and it’s right now. That’s leaving aside players getting so more disillusioned there’s an exodus too. We just have to accept the mistake of not doing it last year and do it now.

jazzadogs
05-05-2024, 07:12 PM
I don't think his coaching is without some blind spots that need addressing. But this group of players continually fluff their lines when they need to execute the basics to keep us in games or get us ahead in them.

Whether it's butchering a kick or handball, being selfish, or simply not putting the effort in, this group of players lapse all the time.

We are certainly at risk of killing another coaches career until we can get a group of players that give a shit.

Grantysghost
05-05-2024, 07:13 PM

Whats the plan?

Testekill
05-05-2024, 07:13 PM
From what ITK posters have said, the benchmark for Beveridge going on next year is a prelim. That's obviously never going to happen so why persist? Keeping him around for the rest of the year with these performances will only hurt membership and will have other teams swooping on the carcass.

jeemak
05-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Whats the plan?

Get rid of Beveridge and break up the list.

macca
05-05-2024, 07:16 PM
Half the list need to be turned over.
VDM crucial moment where ball is forward , in contest with Impey and the too high and past him , he gives up ! Impey misses the mark and crumbs it on the bounce VDM is livid with himself. I know he tries , but it is an example of him not wanting it enough. His not alonw. We have these almost footballers. Harmes and Baker are another examples. BAKER , comes on as sub and has a shot 40 m on an angle and misses everything !

We have too many of these players who cant getit back , miss tackles poor kicks etc...

We have 2 young key backs in JOD and Buku. They are getting exposed 1-1 . Waste of a year playing Buku fwd last year. Not sure if we wear the risk of playing them or let them development more in the vfl.

Our small fwd do not convert enough goals and they are no where in sight when ball bits the deck.

Honestly i was at the game today and i reckon its time to turn over the list. The hawks just ran harder , were first to the ball and kept their feet.

MEEK could not get a game for dockers and he beat english for 3/4 of the game

angelopetraglia
05-05-2024, 07:16 PM
I have defended Bevo. I have supported him.

I have zero supportive arguments left. Another dark day for our proud football club. This team we lost to today have only beaten North. Yet we made them look like a top four team.

Something is wrong. Very wrong.

Grantysghost
05-05-2024, 07:17 PM
Sorry, what's Bevos game plan.

I watched Freo live today. So clear what they are doing.
Ryan sits a kick behind,player up to stoppage defend like your life depends on it.

I don't know what our plan / brand is anymore.

Harmes on the wing??

azabob

Problem is we have signed players with currency and have a contract in front of English.

Rocket Science
Has a team ever shown their coach the door - and by extension concede the season - as early as round 8?

It might be the only hesitation from the higher ups at this point.

Well, that and looking like indecisive fools for not confronting this more bravely during the off-season rather than putting the coach on double secret probation.

jeemak
05-05-2024, 07:23 PM
Sorry, what's Bevos game plan.

I watched Freo live today. So clear what they are doing.
Ryan sits a kick behind,player up to stoppage defend like your life depends on it.

I don't know what our plan / brand is anymore.

Harmes on the wing??

I knew what it was before this year, but that wasn't working because of how the game changed. Players were doing then what they're doing now.

Not sure what it is this year, I feel it's still in development like we've been saying all year.

Go_Dogs
05-05-2024, 07:49 PM
I’m now moving into the camp of we need a change. I was prepared to assess things at the mid season bye, but we’ve again lost to a side that has no business beating a team that has finals and top 4 aspirations which is apparently what we have (you wouldn’t know it watching us play).

While our list has holes (they all do) I don’t accept it’s as far off the pace as we’re making it look.

Surely there would be a lot of aspirational senior coaches (or current ones) looking at our list, our new training facilities and our VFL program and thinking they could have a great run at it pretty quickly? It feels like 2014.

Intrigued to see what plays out. I can’t see us doing anything, but it feels like all hope is now lost for this season and as a supporter, we’ll be going through the motions. I’m sure parts of the administration, coaching and playing staff are feeling the same level of flatness at the moment.

SquirrelGrip
05-05-2024, 07:56 PM
The President has to be the first to go. Stands for nothing. Cloaked in invisibility. Never steps up. Few times we hear from her, she’s masked in pernicious corporatespeak jargon. She’s not genuine, not inspiring and impacting the passion we have for our club.

angelopetraglia
05-05-2024, 08:00 PM
The President has to be the first to go. Stands for nothing. Cloaked in invisibility. Never steps up. Few times we hear from her, she’s masked in pernicious corporatespeak jargon. She’s not genuine, not inspiring and impacting the passion we have for our club.

Don?t know if anyone saw the horrific train wreck that was the interview the new Starbucks CEO gave on CNBC after they had a poor result. He is an ex McKinsey consultant. He spoke in corporate jargon and cliches and nothing about the actual product or what Starbucks stood for.

The share price started falling further as he was speaking!!! The company lost $16B in value!!!

Kylie speaks the same way.

macca
05-05-2024, 08:01 PM
I’m now moving into the camp of we need a change. I was prepared to assess things at the mid season bye, but we’ve again lost to a side that has no business beating a team that has finals and top 4 aspirations which is apparently what we have (you wouldn’t know it watching us play).

While our list has holes (they all do) I don’t accept it’s as far off the pace as we’re making it look.

Surely there would be a lot of aspirational senior coaches (or current ones) looking at our list, our new training facilities and our VFL program and thinking they could have a great run at it pretty quickly? It feels like 2014.

Intrigued to see what plays out. I can’t see us doing anything, but it feels like all hope is now lost for this season and as a supporter, we’ll be going through the motions. I’m sure parts of the administration, coaching and playing staff are feeling the same level of flatness at the moment.

We need to start developing players in a single position. Our development and moving players around in VFL and AFL is not helping.

What is Baker good at ?

Poulter has potential but he needs to improve his kicking accuracy, and become a good mark to provide an option out of defence. If he cannot improve on that, then move him on. Too many list cloggers.

Buku today is a case in point. His got no 1-1 body strength. Clubs now know just to expose him. Clear the paddock.

Something seriously is flawed with our fwd half. Every single week, 2 fwds are continuously running into each other. There is stuff all crumbers at the drop of the ball. I almost pulled my hair out the number of times, the Hawk cleared it out of defence. JUH needs to work harder when he has not got the ball. Too many times today his missed a mark and just left standing there as the hawks players swoop up.

There was a moment in the first quarter, we had the ball in the midfield, and no one was presenting.
Either this groups is uncoachable in the forward line, or we have recruited really poorly. Sphanger needs to go to get some structure and playing style in this team.

hujsh
05-05-2024, 08:04 PM
Just called Ser Ilyn Payne.

I don't think the axe has ever been sharper.

I've been talking secretly with John Kerr. More a dagger than an axe but if we're putting down a premiership coach I'd like the backup there in case a mistake is made

hujsh
05-05-2024, 08:07 PM
Watching this team is the worst it's been since the McCartney era. I honestly think I had more faith in the 2018 Dogs. I don't think it'll happen just yet but the club must start looking at replacements

Grantysghost
05-05-2024, 08:12 PM
And she cant kick straight.

jazzadogs
05-05-2024, 08:20 PM
I've been talking secretly with John Kerr. More a dagger than an axe but if we're putting down a premiership coach I'd like the backup there in case a mistake is made

Ser Ilyn doesn't make mistakes.

jazzadogs
05-05-2024, 08:21 PM
The President has to be the first to go. Stands for nothing. Cloaked in invisibility. Never steps up. Few times we hear from her, she?s masked in pernicious corporatespeak jargon. She?s not genuine, not inspiring and impacting the passion we have for our club.

Yes she is responsible for our on field performance.....The players aren't playing for the president!!!!

Our club is in a great off field position thanks to her and Ameet.

SonofScray
05-05-2024, 08:29 PM
Way too late, but time to do it.

josie
05-05-2024, 08:36 PM
I wonder when Bevo knows it?s time. He is a caring kinda guy. Surely he sees the players are not responding as he wants. Also he has had a big say in this list eg he has counted on English coming up roses and to me it just hasn?t worked out. I predict if English signs a big $, long term deal we will regret it (hope I?m wrong).

Bumper Bulldogs
05-05-2024, 08:38 PM
I?m not sure that the administration is at fault. I would start with Chris Grant. Nice guy but not ruthless. Just as he played the game

The Doctor
05-05-2024, 08:54 PM

General Montgomery?

Eastdog
05-05-2024, 08:59 PM
Love Bevo for the 2016 premiership but things have been bubbling on the surface for a while now when it comes to Bevo. We need a new senior coach with fresh ideas and changes to the team as some players aren't up to it.

The changes around Bevo seem to have had minimal impact so far this season.

The Doctor
05-05-2024, 08:59 PM
I have defended Bevo. I have supported him.

I have zero supportive arguments left. Another dark day for our proud football club. This team we lost to today have only beaten North. Yet we made them look like a top four team.

Something is wrong. Very wrong.

it's not wrong. It's toxic. Has been since we lost in 2021. Looks to me like Grant and Bevo the main perpetrators. Love them both but their time is up. Question marks on Baines as well..