PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 4, 2023 vs Richmond Tigers

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-04-2023, 09:44 AM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against Richmond. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

westbulldog
08-04-2023, 08:34 PM
With four umpires on the field Hannan is clearly legged twice in one incident and no free paid, could have cost us the game.

Happy Days
08-04-2023, 08:37 PM
Robbie McComb with the Mr Perfect sell job on some very incidental high contact and then, unbelievably, converting the resultant free kick.

AshMac
08-04-2023, 08:38 PM
With four umpires on the field Hannan is clearly legged twice in one incident and no free paid, could have cost us the game.

That was horrendous.

Dusty blowing up at the umpire w 3 minutes to go was astounding. I can?t tell if the dissent rule is real or not

jeemak
08-04-2023, 08:47 PM
All of Caleb's intercept possessions in the last.

Raels_d
08-04-2023, 08:56 PM
Bont grabbing that last centre clearance. I was shaking before that!

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
08-04-2023, 09:02 PM
I mean there were so many arguable moments in that last couple of minutes.

Grantysghost
08-04-2023, 09:14 PM
There wasn't really A moment for me.

Probably just the attitude after half time when we certainly could've lost our heads.

A collective mental win moment.

bornadog
08-04-2023, 09:45 PM
Bont grabbing that last centre clearance. I was shaking before that!

I thought they were going to snatch it with 33 seconds left on the clock

macca
08-04-2023, 09:47 PM
When the siren sounded at end of second quarter. It literally was the circuit breaker for the tigers run on .allowed team to stopping sh@#&$@*#ting themselves and wipe their backsides clean of 10mins of zombie mode missing in action football.

The club needs to close these brain fade moments . Good teams will destroy us by 50+ points.
This was a team without Cotchin for firsf hallf , minus Riewoldt and Broad

bornadog
08-04-2023, 09:59 PM
When the siren sounded at end of second quarter. It literally was the circuit breaker for the tigers run on .allowed team to stopping sh@#&$@*#ting themselves and wipe their backsides clean of 10mins of zombie mode missing in action football.

The club needs to close these brain fade moments . Good teams will destroy us by 50+ points.

We did the same to them kicking 6 in the first :)

GVGjr
08-04-2023, 10:15 PM
I'm going to go back to something early in the game and that Bailey Dale kick to English was a thing of beauty. I thought that it was a sign we were switched on.

The Underdog
08-04-2023, 10:16 PM

That doesn’t count though.

SonofScray
09-04-2023, 12:10 AM
I'm going to go back to something early in the game and that Bailey Dale kick to English was a thing of beauty. I thought that it was a sign we were switched on.

Agree. That kick and a Libba tackle came moments after I mentioned to my mate that I wasn’t certain we were on yet, felt like players were getting their eye in, rather than jumping out of the gates. Glad they got cracking when they did.

AshMac
09-04-2023, 08:11 AM
The 90 seconds the ball was in contest deep in the Richmond F50 with 3 mins to go. Hard contested footy in the wet. Reminded me of freezing my nuts off every weekend in the rain down the Barkly street forward pocket in the 80?s

Might just be a nostalgic moment rather than ?the? moment

SonofScray
09-04-2023, 10:07 AM
Watching the replay, the half time siren.

Bulldog Joe
09-04-2023, 11:02 AM

The fact that we did that to them in the first just makes our effort in the second worse.

We had the game in our grasp and we just allowed them to take it away. We have way too much history of letting teams kick big runs of goals.

IT MUST STOP.

We need to lock down any/every time a side gets consecutive goals and ensure we get the game back on our terms.

If we had stopped that run at 3 goals we probably win by heaps.

Happy Days
09-04-2023, 11:05 AM
That doesn?t count though.

Nah Bruce didn?t kick any of them so these ones did count.

G-Mo77
09-04-2023, 11:08 AM
Watching the replay, the half time siren.

I just mentioned this to my wife about 5 minutes ago. The siren was a blessing in that 2nd quarter. It rained a lot after that and we played the wet better than they did.

dadsgirl16
09-04-2023, 11:53 AM
With 33 seconds left and the Bont wins the clearance..