PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: 2023, Rnd 6 vs Fremantle

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
21-04-2023, 08:11 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in tonight's game against Port Adelaide. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

westdog54
21-04-2023, 11:57 PM
Bont takes a hanger and converts. Great way to seal the win.

whythelongface
22-04-2023, 12:03 AM
The defensive work that lead to Cody’s goal in the third really typified the pressure we brought to the game which included a Jones intercept mark. This setup the remainder of the game.

MrMahatma
22-04-2023, 12:16 AM
First qtr. We had them. Never looked like losing. Dominant performance by a much, much, much, much better team.

Don’t believe the fear and bullshit. We’re into this season up to our pupils.

Mantis
22-04-2023, 12:25 AM
First qtr. We had them. Never looked like losing. Dominant performance by a much, much, much, much better team.

Don’t believe the fear and bullshit. We’re into this season up to our pupils.

We’re at the 5km mark of a marathon.. long way to go and when we get our shit together we’ll be there abouts.

macca
22-04-2023, 12:26 AM
When Daniel Floored Darcy in the 3rd quarter. The boys must have seen it and knew these guys were just weak.

jeemak
22-04-2023, 12:39 AM
The one moment that wasn't which really stood out was the Lobb miss and transition to a really good Fremantle goal. We showed outstanding resolve to rebound from that so quickly.

I can't really think about too many, but possibly when I felt super impressed by the sustained attack on the footy all over the ground around halftime was enough for me.

westbulldog
22-04-2023, 12:42 AM
When the ferals went after Lobb before the bounce, yesteryear stuff, said they weren't properly focused.

hujsh
22-04-2023, 01:01 AM
The one moment that wasn't which really stood out was the Lobb miss and transition to a really good Fremantle goal. We showed outstanding resolve to rebound from that so quickly.

I think a couple of really smart blokes said something similar in the gameday thread.

jeemak
22-04-2023, 01:04 AM
I think a couple of really smart blokes said something similar in the gameday thread.

I didn't go that far back so I'm claiming it as my own almost moment.

jazzadogs
22-04-2023, 01:05 AM
When Daniel Floored Darcy in the 3rd quarter. The boys must have seen it and knew these guys were just weak.

Last time Daniel bullied a ruck in Perth it didn't work well for us.

Bailey Williams side step and finish from the angle. Started with Caleb Daniel ducking through a contest and ended with Caleb Serong on his butt. It was beautiful.

Scorlibo
22-04-2023, 01:08 AM
I'll take Bont's charge forward and ripping mark at the top of the goal square to kick our first after 6 behinds. Just felt like the momentum of a good start was slipping away from us and he willed himself onto the end of that ball to get some scoreboard reward for the team.

AshMac
22-04-2023, 09:09 AM
Treloars snap goal late in the 3rd wrestled the momentum back to us at an important part of the game

bornadog
22-04-2023, 09:54 AM
Treloar's snap goal late in the 3rd wrestled the momentum back to us at an important part of the game

I was just watching the highlights and picked this moment out as well.

SonofScray
22-04-2023, 10:33 AM
It was late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd and there was a really fierce patch where the ball was in transition back and forth, we missed a bunch of tackles, Freo chained heaps of handballs together and somehow we repelled them through multiple phases of play. Think Jones had a decisive win, then Naughty, who kicked it out on the full. Didn’t end spectularly well, but it was a real see-saw moment where if we conceded, the goals were going to pile on.

ledge
22-04-2023, 10:55 AM
I found a moment that wasn’t game changing but showed team work from Jamarra that didn’t come off but I found gave me a smile .
Jamarra shepherding for Archie and Archie leaving it for Jamarra.
I think Archie is a gun but still looks up to his counterparts and lets them go first.
I hope Bevo can use this moment as a positive.
I’m not sure who actually should have gone for it . It was one of those 50/50s, where you either both go for it or you both don’t.

GVGjr
22-04-2023, 11:15 AM
Treloars snap goal late in the 3rd wrestled the momentum back to us at an important part of the game

Yep, hugely important at the time and a classy goal.
I thought everyone of Williams goals were timely to the scoreboard pressure.

JanLorMill
22-04-2023, 11:19 AM
When Freo made Rory Lobb the centre of their attention. Lucky they didn?t go after a good player

hujsh
22-04-2023, 12:56 PM

It was the response to the Frederick goal after Lobb's miss too. Normally the kind of moment that sees the game swing back to level scores at least. Huge counter moment

jeemak
22-04-2023, 02:46 PM
When Freo made Rory Lobb the centre of their attention. Lucky they didn?t go after a good player

Why do we feel the need to put shit on Rory Lobb?

bulldogsthru&thru
22-04-2023, 02:51 PM

I'm hoping with the freo game out of the way he can focus on his footy with us. He's a good player. Just needs to settle in.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-04-2023, 03:06 PM
Bailey Williams slotting that beauty when we couldn't thread them.

bornadog
22-04-2023, 03:12 PM

Because supporters expect every player to be at the level of a Bont.

Daughter of the West
22-04-2023, 03:18 PM
It was the response to the Frederick goal after Lobb's miss too. Normally the kind of moment that sees the game swing back to level scores at least. Huge counter moment

I was genuinely concerned that Lobb's miss was going to be "the moment" that started us getting run over.

For me the moment was more like the last couple of minutes at the end of the third where it kept sling-shotting back into Freo's Fwd50 but they didn't actually score, robbing Freo of a shot of belief going into the fourth.

Danjul
23-04-2023, 11:00 AM
Because his early performances have always been considered unacceptable by supporters. In his first four games he had 4, 6, 8, ? disposals, missed easy goals, got in Naughton?s way, didn?t chase. Continued selection was based on the game in Melbourne last year.

He now seems to be a sensible selection but those early games? Think not.

GVGjr
23-04-2023, 11:28 AM

I watched him through the preseason and thought we had added that missing piece on match day of someone being about to kick a goal or two and make us very competitive in the ruck when English was having a rest. This was also supported by a couple of Melbourne mates who separately mentioned that Lobb was also a disruptive player against them when pushed behind the ball and that he clogged up a number of Melbourne kicks into their forward line.

I'm not discounting that we might not have done the right thing by him but playing him round one with an injury but his energy level has been poor and some of his skill level and decision making has been lacking so far. Hopefully he will get into a rich vein of form soon but so far he hasn't been the difference maker we would have been hoping for.

We shouldn't be putting shit on him but he hasn't deserved a pat on the back yet either as he hasn't shown more than what Bruce would have brought us in the same role.

macca
23-04-2023, 01:26 PM
Lobb presented well on Friday night, so its his best game so far for us, despite his poor kicking. I have high expectations for him because:
1. senior player and in the system long enough to know what is expected and what it takes to get to GF
2. one of the highest paid . Yes his a mecrcenary, but at least make him earn his money.
3. He knows his role and we expect him to cover for English when he is having a rest.
4. Co-ordinate the fwd line a bit better. Ablett Jnr, Selwood were renowned to be the onfield coaches for their team. We need someone commanding the team to setup properly at the fwd line. What I have observed so far in first 5 games are fwds running to the same spot, clogging each others way. Is it leadership? Yeah, maybe, but just hate to get beaten attitude we need to instill in our players.

We are in the window of opportunity to contest to at least challenge for finals, getting to a GF is another level that is required. Lobb is one of the pieces, but he just needs to play to a higher standard.

JanLorMill
23-04-2023, 01:30 PM
It was a half joke besides his performances have been underwhelming so far

Danjul
23-04-2023, 01:31 PM
I watched him through the preseason and thought we had added that missing piece on match day of someone being about to kick a goal or two and make us very competitive in the ruck when English was having a rest. This was also supported by a couple of Melbourne mates who separately mentioned that Lobb was also a disruptive player against them when pushed behind the ball and that he clogged up a number of Melbourne kicks into their forward line.

I'm not discounting that we might not have done the right thing by him but playing him round one with an injury but his energy level has been poor and some of his skill level and decision making has been lacking so far. Hopefully he will get into a rich vein of form soon but so far he hasn't been the difference maker we would have been hoping for.

We shouldn't be putting shit on him but he hasn't deserved a pat on the back yet either as he hasn't shown more than what Bruce would have brought us in the same role.

This was an injury that was known, required a short recovery time and there was plenty of time for it during the preseason.

For all involved it was an unprofessional blot on their reputation as starting the season with those those catastrophic losses has harmed the club.

Hopefully this is behind us and we get the season we were promised.

Danjul
23-04-2023, 01:41 PM
Lobb presented well on Friday night, so its his best game so far for us, despite his poor kicking. I have high expectations for him because:
1. senior player and in the system long enough to know what is expected and what it takes to get to GF
2. one of the highest paid . Yes his a mecrcenary, but at least make him earn his money.
3. He knows his role and we expect him to cover for English when he is having a rest.
4. Co-ordinate the fwd line a bit better. Ablett Jnr, Selwood were renowned to be the onfield coaches for their team. We need someone commanding the team to setup properly at the fwd line. What I have observed so far in first 5 games are fwds running to the same spot, clogging each others way. Is it leadership? Yeah, maybe, but just hate to get beaten attitude we need to instill in our players.

We are in the window of opportunity to contest to at least challenge for finals, getting to a GF is another level that is required. Lobb is one of the pieces, but he just needs to play to a higher standard.
Still not good enough? but certainly improving. What I thought was the best part of his game was the fact that other players are now looking for him with their kicks. So he seems to becoming part of an improving forward line.

JanLorMill
23-04-2023, 02:13 PM
https://twitter.com/calebdanielkick/status/1649967765816750083?s=46&t=Iq_7qYu-XYGax2j-90-lXg

hujsh
23-04-2023, 03:59 PM
https://twitter.com/calebdanielkick/status/1649967765816750083?s=46&t=Iq_7qYu-XYGax2j-90-lXg

Caleb is pretty strong which anyone that has watched him in a defensive contest would know but on the other hand 'haha wee man 3ft tall weak and be beated by tall strong man' - channel 7

EasternWest
23-04-2023, 07:44 PM
Caleb is pretty strong which anyone that has watched him in a defensive contest would know but on the other hand 'haha wee man 3ft tall weak and be beated by tall strong man' - channel 7

I agree with the crux of your comment but I didn't think Richo was too bad then. Also, Daniel is remarkably strong.

hujsh
23-04-2023, 10:04 PM
I agree with the crux of your comment but I didn't think Richo was too bad then. Also, Daniel is remarkably strong.

Nah that particular one was fine. More that if his strengths outside his ball use we're properly acknowledged it wouldn't be as much of a surprise (though it would still be a surprise)

kruder
23-04-2023, 10:49 PM
Im not sure it was the moment, but the go forward factor from the Bont on the back flank to hit Scott out of the stoppage then to Treloar who runs and connects with Dale and Mclean all while English has busted a gut to get forward and support and then receives and finishes beautifully after a nice shimmy from Adam.

I mean that is 2023 football right there, combined that with what Jones has added to the back 50, the continued development in the forward line, Timmy becoming a serious ruckman while The Bont does Bont things, that is the moment for me right now.

The premiership is wide open, its time we make a run at it.

jeemak
23-04-2023, 11:27 PM
Im not sure it was the moment, but the go forward factor from the Bont on the back flank to hit Scott out of the stoppage then to Treloar who runs and connects with Dale and Mclean all while English has busted a gut to get forward and support and then receives and finishes beautifully after a nice shimmy from Adam.

I mean that is 2023 football right there, combined that with what Jones has added to the back 50, the continued development in the forward line, Timmy becoming a serious ruckman while The Bont does Bont things, that is the moment for me right now.

Just quietly we've played the top handful or amongst of the best footy minutes of the season this week. You won't hear about it on the radio, see it on the TV or whatever, but what we did and escalated throughout the game was as good as it gets. Fremantle had players that recorded huge stats but it didn't matter, our team ripped them apart and kept winding up each time it was challenged.

Bulldog4life
26-04-2023, 02:24 AM

And it was Timmy who initially handballed to the Bont then he was on his bike to kick the goal.