PDA

View Full Version : The Moment: Rnd 7, 2023 vs Hawthorn

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
29-04-2023, 04:39 PM
The moment, the best, most courageous moment that caught your eye in this afternoon's game against Hawthorn. Was it the moment that told you 'we've got this' or 'we lost this one right here'? Or was it the moment that you went 'wow....that is crazy courage'

westbulldog
29-04-2023, 08:24 PM
Arty Jones' first goal in AFL.

GVGjr
29-04-2023, 09:06 PM
JJs run and goal. Breathtaking :)

SonofScray
29-04-2023, 10:38 PM
Have to go with Arty’s first goal. That moment was choc full of good vibes. He’s worked hard for it, the crowd sensed it was coming, the players got around him. Was worth the price of the ticket for mine.

Bulldog Joe
30-04-2023, 09:42 AM
I am with JJs goal.
Beautiful pass from Bont and JJ powered through and kicked from 50.

That was when I felt we would get it done.

Grantysghost
30-04-2023, 10:16 AM
Courage, probably Marra with Naughton just recklessly launching at everything ;)

I think Scott coming back with the flight head on with another player was super courageous.

The moment for me was definitley a series of moments... Bont's second quarter.

Lifted when we needed lifting (again).

Arty's goal a close second.

Jasper
30-04-2023, 10:59 AM
I am with JJs goal.
Beautiful pass from Bont and JJ powered through and kicked from 50.

That was when I felt we would get it done.

Just a bit reminiscent of the 2016 PF against run against GWS.

Mantis
01-05-2023, 10:40 AM
The English intercept and pass to Lobb… we never looked comfortable until that point.

angelopetraglia
01-05-2023, 01:30 PM
The English intercept and pass to Lobb… we never looked comfortable until that point.

100%. Massive moment in the game. They had just kicked their first goal for the half. The lead was back to three goals. They were streaming away from the centre clearance. We know what can happen when a team kicks multiple goals against us.

Timmy intercepts like no ruckman has a right to, then hits up Lobb with a perfect pass. Lobb kicks accurately and it was game over.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-05-2023, 01:36 PM

It was crucial and fortunate. Hawks were running into an open 50 had Tim not gotten his hand on the footy.

Why can't our mids deliver the footy inside 50 like our ruckman can?

azabob
01-05-2023, 02:34 PM
It was crucial and fortunate. Hawks were running into an open 50 had Tim not gotten his hand on the footy.

Why can't our mids deliver the footy inside 50 like our ruckman can?

Because it was a 15m kick and he was not under pressure. Any of our mids would have made that pass. Lobb also made a strong direct lead right at the kicker.

bulldogsthru&thru
01-05-2023, 02:49 PM
Because it was a 15m kick and he was not under pressure. Any of our mids would have made that pass. Lobb also made a strong direct lead right at the kicker.

Lobb made a few of those leads all game and was completely missed by his teammates.

I dont agree any of our mids would have made that pass. At leaat not reliably. Our mids have missed many a target when not under pressure. Bont and Libba are probably the only ones who can do it. Bailey Smith is terrible as is Macrae. Treloar isn't reliable. Dunkley wasn't great. Then you've got Mccomb, Garcia, West etc who aren't known for their foot skills. It's a major disadvantage of our midfiled and has been for a while now.

English is a terrific kick saying all this. Just wish we had more mids who could execute like he can.

azabob
01-05-2023, 03:16 PM
English is a terrific kick saying all this. Just wish we had more mids who could execute like he can.

English is a terrific kick even thought he did turn over an absolute shocker when coming out of defense and kicked it straight to a hawks player in the centre square! :D

Bulldog4life
02-05-2023, 11:27 AM
Lobb made a few of those leads all game and was completely missed by his teammates.

I dont agree any of our mids would have made that pass. At leaat not reliably. Our mids have missed many a target when not under pressure. Bont and Libba are probably the only ones who can do it. Bailey Smith is terrible as is Macrae. Treloar isn't reliable. Dunkley wasn't great. Then you've got Mccomb, Garcia, West etc who aren't known for their foot skills. It's a major disadvantage of our midfiled and has been for a while now.

I've said it before a lot of his goals with Freo were from leads. Once we start looking for Lobby more on the lead he will kick more goals.

Bulldog Joe
02-05-2023, 05:33 PM
I've said it before a lot of his goals with Freo were from leads. Once we start looking for Lobby more on the lead he will kick more goals.

It is amazing how much easier it is for forwards when they lead and receive kicks to the advantage of that lead.

Do you think any of the coaches might actually notice that and incorporate regularly in to the game plans:o

Bulldog4life
02-05-2023, 05:44 PM
It is amazing how much easier it is for forwards when they lead and receive kicks to the advantage of that lead.

Do you think any of the coaches might actually notice that and incorporate regularly in to the game plans:o

I think you are on to something Joe. Matt Spanger if you are reading this do it.